With this extension you can batch check your bookmarks and delete the bookmarks that are no longer valid.
Hello ! Every day we surf the web. Dozens or hundreds of sites. Some we already know, some we don't... if they are intersting, we bookmark them. Convenient. But after a while we find ourselves with hundreds of bookmarks, and as time goes by some sites you bookmarked, well... died :-( So frustrating when you click on a bookmark, expect a site to pop up, but all you get is "404, Page Not Found" ! To stay organized check your bookmarks regularly : so you can keep track of your topics and update the bookmarks that are no longer valid. With this extension it is quick and simple : batch check your bookmarks, review them, and delete the bookmarks that are no longer valid. You can also check if there are duplicated bookmarks (bookmarks that point to the same URL). Here is how it goes : at first your bookmarks are "unchecked" (symbol : empty circle). Click on the empty circle next to CHECK ALL to start scanning your bookmarks (click again if you want to stop) : your bookmarks statuses will change to "success" (symbol : green circle with checkmark) or "timeout" (symbol : black circle with clock) or "error" (symbol : red circle with cross). MENU CHECK ALL : batch check your (unchecked|timeout|error) bookmarks DELETE ALL : delete your (timeout|error) bookmarks. WARNING : NO UNDO VIEW/HIDE : when working on hundreds of bookmarks or more it is handy to wiew or hide (unchecked|success|timeout|error) only the bookmarks you need to focus on. TIMEOUT : the time each bookmark request has to wait before it is tagged as "timeout". Set this parameter to 1 second and the scan will fly... but many sites won't have enough time to respond. You can also click on the status icon on a single bookmark instead of batch checking all your bookmarks. NOTES When a bookmark is tagged as "error", there is actually no way to tell what is really going on with the site's server... but it is highly probable that your bookmark's link is dead forever. Bookmarks that get a "timeout" status should be treated with caution, even with a 60 seconds delay... never getting a response does not mean nobody is listening. This extension is not a bookmark manager : you will not be able to add, edit, reorganize bookmarks. Use Chrome's built-in Bookmarks Manager instead. TODO Improve UI : fixed menu when scrolling display server's response code backup bookmarks database / restore wrongly deleted bookmarks If you find my work useful, please help my out and put a dime in the box : paypal.me/MatthiasAinsworth Oh, and please take a minute or two to rate this extension and maybe write a comment to let me and other users know if it is worth... Thank you !
- (2021-06-05) jiyu18: great!
- (2021-06-01) Peter Niepel: I have no idea how to start this thing. I installed it and it disappeared. There is no icon in the extension tool bar. No right mouse click menu, nothing, How do you use this extension? I have no idea.
- (2021-05-27) Austin Rodden: a must have for cleaning up years of shortcuts. Simple interface and no lag.
- (2021-05-23) Luciano Fardin: Seems good
- (2021-05-09) LA SAUTERELLE: 2 fonctions, simple efficace merci ;) !!
- (2021-04-26) Alan DJIGSTAR: свое дело делает, еще бы найти точно такое же дополнение, но для FAVICON
- (2021-04-18) Alexandre Lopes da Silva: Excellent extension. It gets the job done, but the extension missed some of my duplicates that "Bookmarks clean up" extension found.
- (2021-04-06) 左宇峰: 简单好用，非常棒的插件
- (2021-02-19) 葉宗霖: easy to use
- (2021-02-12) David Demian: Exactly what I needed without all the bull. Will use again.
- (2021-02-09) Alan Soh: This is a very simple yet awesome functionality. It helps me to check all bookmarks which I have had accumulated for the past 10/20 years in Chrome in one go, and noted all those which have become invalid with a red cross mark. I did a cross-check - those marked "invalid" are really not usable anymore. Using the dustbin icon, I can clear those invalid bookmarks at the same time. This is very convenient and easy to use. Thank you for this useful extension!
- (2021-01-29) Caramelize Donorz: Works like a charm!
- (2021-01-20) Eric Billegas: Beau travail ! L'extension m'a fait gagner énormément de temps. L'interface est conviviale.
- (2021-01-16) Deborah Bogard: Perfect. Quick and easy.
- (2021-01-07) Daria Morgendorffer: L'extension marche au top mais la page n'arrêtait pas de se fermer en me précisant qu'il y avait un risque de facturation.
- (2020-12-30) YanZhen Wei: 非常好用，可以检查网站还在不在，也可以检查重复的
- (2020-12-25) Morton Usher: Doesn't do anything at all. Shows the bookmarks after an eternity of maybe 5 Minutes, doesn't respond to a click on the "Select all" Button, starts reloading the page after another eternity and hangs after another three minutes or so, showing the first page again, without any changes. Sorry,- but useless.
- (2020-12-22) Ariane Kinman: It works as expected, and I love how it shows duplicate bookmarks! Great job :)
- (2020-12-21) Stéphane Le Crom: Very useful extension to sort out broken, duplicate and timeout bookmarks. It would be great to manually change the status of a bookmark for example when your are not connected to your VPN.
- (2020-12-20) Youssef Saleh: Great extention. Hope there will be an option to batch delete duplicate bookmarks.
- (2020-12-06) Darren Jeffrey: This was just what I needed to clean up the years of aging horded, imported bookmarks!
- (2020-11-29) Judy Velasquez: Ainda estou conhecendo, mas gostei bastante da interface.
- (2020-11-06) Katherine Elizabeth Walker: Suddenly stopped working altogether I am not sure why
- (2020-10-30) W. HY Hsu: Very good！ Easy to manage bookmarks！！ but it will be perfect if improve the function of deleting duplicate bookmarks. I have more than 400 duplicate bookmarks，which means I have to tap hundreds times……
- (2020-10-29) Sebastien TOURSEL: Great bookmark checker! I love it. It will be great in a future release if the extension can provide the ability to delete a bookmark that is also valid (but unwanted)
- (2020-09-29) Vlad: This extension is really easy to use and efficient. This was the second extension I tried to clean my bookmarks and it did the job well. Great filtering options and user experience. Really good job ! Thank you.
- (2020-09-18) Dan Pan: better than any other bookmark cleaner
- (2020-09-14) Simon Peng: Easy to use, very useful
- (2020-09-09) Mats Emblad: A brilliant well written extension which does the job and is polished and easily readable
- (2020-08-22) ZE RO: ... отлично!
- (2020-08-18) Martin Hauser: Einfach aber effektiv!
- (2020-08-03) 中山恒恒: 一个非常有用的插件，高速、有效地完成了它的功能
- (2020-08-01) Michael Lee: A very simple and elegant solution to an age-old problem. No instruction manual needed. Highly intuitive interface. Push 1 button to read and validate all of your bookmarks, then press another button to remove the dead links and you're done. Great little extension.
- (2020-07-25) Randy Cash: Seldom is a program written so well and works so easily. Thank you.
- (2020-07-06) Michael Smith: Works fine, very easy. THANKS!
- (2020-07-04) Merlin Kirkpatrick: Great little tool. Kudos to the developer, and thank you. Just one bug... The duplicate checker seems to find duplicates of singular bookmarks for some reason. https://i.imgur.com/T2HgejC.png I like the green checkmark system when verifying bookmarks.
- (2020-06-24) immortal goats: works perfectly and easy to use! thank you!
- (2020-06-22) Thomas Hartung: Simple and useful. And... what a name. Reminds me of Elias :D
- (2020-04-07) fikret ipek: Arkadaşlar, Harika bir program,tüm yer imlerinizi sistemini yormadan sırayla, test edip geçersiz olanları işaretlemenizi sağlıyor. Ve tarama sonucunda bunları tek tıkla kaldırabiliyorsunuz. Ayrıca birden fazla kez eklediğiniz , yer imlerini tespit edip kaldırmanıza imkan veriyor.
- (2020-03-21) Ubi Maior: Fast and effective. The best i've tried...
- (2020-02-20) Valentin P: Сработано на отлично!
- (2020-02-02) Руслан Савельев: Делает то для чего создано. отлично!
- (2019-11-14) R&M Films: Does what is says. Simple and effective. But I had to figure out how it works... would be nice to have a little bit of help !
- (2021-01-24, v:1.3) EXTENSIONS: Chrome Web Store PROBLEM
Why does it mark EVERY Chrome Web Store entry as BAD? These are normal, valid pages. Even your own Extension page on the Web Site get marked as bad. Please explain?
- (2020-09-09, v:1.3) Mats Emblad: Duplicate checker and bookmarks organized in folders
Hello first of thanks for a great little extension which has been very helpful, yes it does take a large memory footprint if you have large bookmarks file and it does timeout very quickly so i would if i could suggest a longer timeout period when it is working. 1. Can you somehow use the extension to check a folder of bookmarks ? as on my machine i have them organized into folders. 2. Can you use the extension to check a saved bookmark file which is in html format ? 3. Is there a reason why it hangs when tying to check duplicates it has been impossible for me to get it to work ? Many thanks for this extension and any answers Regards Mats
- (2020-08-18, v:1.3) Martin Hauser: Some little suggestions
At first, many thanks for your great tool. My wishes for the todo-list: - a button to reload the bookmarks - possibility to collaps/expand folders - gray out buttons not nessecary, e.g. Time-Out-Buttons when there is no timed-out object in the list
- (2020-06-16, v:1.3) Elias C.G.: took almost 4GB fo my memory
had to close it down in task manager was taking so much memory and not responding acer i7-3230 win7 https://www.dropbox.com/s/1lbyb0ofuibw3fo/Bookmarks%20Checker%20Bug.jpg?dl=0
- (2020-04-10, v:1.3) Yerri Portillo: Design improvements?
Hi, I'm a big fan of your extension. I'm curious if you're thinking of improving the look of it and if so i'd love to help.