With this extension you can batch check your bookmarks and delete the bookmarks that are no longer valid.
Hello ! Every day we surf the web. Dozens or hundreds of sites. Some we already know, some we don't... if they are intersting, we bookmark them. Convenient. But after a while we find ourselves with hundreds of bookmarks, and as time goes by some sites you bookmarked, well... died :-( So frustrating when you click on a bookmark, expect a site to pop up, but all you get is "404, Page Not Found" ! To stay organized check your bookmarks regularly : so you can keep track of your topics and update the bookmarks that are no longer valid. With this extension it is quick and simple : batch check your bookmarks, review them, and delete the bookmarks that are no longer valid. You can also check if there are duplicated bookmarks (bookmarks that point to the same URL). Here is how it goes : at first your bookmarks are "unchecked" (symbol : empty circle). Click on the empty circle next to CHECK ALL to start scanning your bookmarks (click again if you want to stop) : your bookmarks statuses will change to "success" (symbol : green circle with checkmark) or "timeout" (symbol : black circle with clock) or "error" (symbol : red circle with cross). MENU CHECK ALL : batch check your (unchecked|timeout|error) bookmarks DELETE ALL : delete your (timeout|error) bookmarks. WARNING : NO UNDO VIEW/HIDE : when working on hundreds of bookmarks or more it is handy to wiew or hide (unchecked|success|timeout|error) only the bookmarks you need to focus on. TIMEOUT : the time each bookmark request has to wait before it is tagged as "timeout". Set this parameter to 1 second and the scan will fly... but many sites won't have enough time to respond. You can also click on the status icon on a single bookmark instead of batch checking all your bookmarks. NOTES When a bookmark is tagged as "error", there is actually no way to tell what is really going on with the site's server... but it is highly probable that your bookmark's link is dead forever. Bookmarks that get a "timeout" status should be treated with caution, even with a 60 seconds delay... never getting a response does not mean nobody is listening. This extension is not a bookmark manager : you will not be able to add, edit, reorganize bookmarks. Use Chrome's built-in Bookmarks Manager instead. TODO Improve UI : fixed menu when scrolling display server's response code backup bookmarks database / restore wrongly deleted bookmarks If you find my work useful, please help my out and put a dime in the box : paypal.me/MatthiasAinsworth Oh, and please take a minute or two to rate this extension and maybe write a comment to let me and other users know if it is worth... Thank you !
- (2020-07-06) Michael Smith: Works fine, very easy. THANKS!
- (2020-07-04) Merlin Kirkpatrick: Great little tool. Kudos to the developer, and thank you. Just one bug... The duplicate checker seems to find duplicates of singular bookmarks for some reason. https://i.imgur.com/T2HgejC.png I like the green checkmark system when verifying bookmarks.
- (2020-06-24) immortal goats: works perfectly and easy to use! thank you!
- (2020-06-22) Thomas Hartung: Simple and useful. And... what a name. Reminds me of Elias :D
- (2020-04-07) fikret ipek: Arkadaşlar, Harika bir program,tüm yer imlerinizi sistemini yormadan sırayla, test edip geçersiz olanları işaretlemenizi sağlıyor. Ve tarama sonucunda bunları tek tıkla kaldırabiliyorsunuz. Ayrıca birden fazla kez eklediğiniz , yer imlerini tespit edip kaldırmanıza imkan veriyor.
- (2020-03-21) Ubi Maior: Fast and effective. The best i've tried...
- (2020-02-20) Valentin P: Сработано на отлично!
- (2020-02-02) Руслан Савельев: Делает то для чего создано. отлично!
- (2019-11-14) R&M Films: Does what is says. Simple and effective. But I had to figure out how it works... would be nice to have a little bit of help !
- (2020-06-16, v:1.3) Elias C.Gomes: took almost 4GB fo my memory
had to close it down in task manager was taking so much memory and not responding acer i7-3230 win7 https://www.dropbox.com/s/1lbyb0ofuibw3fo/Bookmarks%20Checker%20Bug.jpg?dl=0
- (2020-04-10, v:1.3) Yerri Portillo: Design improvements?
Hi, I'm a big fan of your extension. I'm curious if you're thinking of improving the look of it and if so i'd love to help.