New tab, new word. Download Wordsmith, a Chrome extension to learn new words every time you open a new tab.
Wordsmith is a chrome extension that shows you new vocabulary words with each new tab. The elegant and simple design will help you learn new words with out distracting you from your browsing. Use Wordsmith for test preparation, to improve your active vocabulary, or just for fun! Wordsmith utilizes over 1,000 words pulled from GMAT, SAT, and ACT lists of words to know.
- (2019-07-18) Dhinesh SA: Nice app, view and contents. Adding the word usage in a sentence makes it even more cool ! And word pronunciation too.
- (2019-06-03) Tales Gonsalves: Great design. Fast. Useful.
- (2018-10-03) Eric Renshaw: If you like words, you will LOVE this extension!
- (2018-09-16) Serge Bo: Love it, love it, love it! Finally I can start learning while browsing :D
- (2018-09-13) Clean Chrome extension, lovely web design, and my new favorite way to passively build my vocabulary! A MUST for grammar nerds, book lovers, linguaphiles, and wordsmiths.
- (2018-09-12) Lindsay Grizzard: Great way to learn new vocabulary and a much better new tab widow than the default!
- (2018-09-11) I'm always trying to learn new words but find it hard to surface them up. Loving this so far! As someone driven by context, my only feedback would be that if there is a way to put an example of each word being used in a sentence—that would be super!
- (2018-09-11) Jeremy Thomas: I'm a lover of words, and this extension keeps me reminded of how nuanced English really is!
- (2018-10-02, v:1.3) Ken Jones: Love the app!!!!!
I think it would be super awesome if you could add the use of the word in a sentence. Im not sure if that info is provided to you, but if so, that would be great! Thanks again for the great extension!
- (2018-09-17, v:1.3) words is not defined
I'm getting this console error on all my tabs except new wordsmith tabs: `Uncaught ReferenceError: words is not defined at scripts.js:2` Love the extension otherwise!
- (2018-09-12, v:1.3) Governor Josh: URL so I can add to "Multi New Tab"
Hey there, I want to add your extension to Multi New Tab so I can randomly open it amongst some others. Is there an actual URL I can use for it? I tried chrome-extension://gnpnpeephndoppbobdbpigepfdklacbp/index.html but it doesn't seem to want to work. Any other ideas.