Find out when the webpage you currently browse was created
Do you know this feeling ... you're browsing the web, maybe read an article or a blogpost ... and there is nowhere to be found when the article was published, it might be totally outdated. Simply click the icon and this extension will tell you as accurate as possible: ======= When was the website that I'm currently visiting created? ======= NOTE: Since this extension is using the Wayback machine which crawls the ENTIRE web, accuracy and availability are lacking sometimes.
- (2021-01-25) Stephan Graf: Fantastic Extension! So simple but so great. Allow me to give a small suggestion: The date of last update would also be useful. I think waybackmachine has this information too. Anyways great extension.
- (2020-02-06) Roman Allen: This extension is amazing! Extremely handy when it comes to work and projects.
- (2019-12-31) Sánchez Torres Carlos Alberto: Es una gran herramienta para buscar cuándo se publicó un artículo, post o publicación en la web. Especialmente dónde no está a simple vista y no tienes que meterte a nada de código hmtl, está muy sencilla de usar. Gracias al desarrollador, mil gracias.
- (2019-11-09) BoilingPointStudio: Extremely useful if the author hasn't provided the date a website was published, works like a charm and avoids having to run terminal commands to achieve similar functionality.
- (2018-10-29) An absolute life saver when trying to reference pages for my course.
- (2018-04-23) Luke H: Worked flawlessly on a few obscure old websites!
- (2018-02-24) holden anderson: works perfectly
- (2017-12-24) No Cake No Code: Oh wow, I was very skeptical about this extension but it literally found out the date of a web page that was published back in 1998, that was cool. Thumbs up!
- (2017-12-01) Jason Lee: Great for writing paper when I need to cite a website in different types of formats.
- (2018-02-16, v:1.0.0) Saverio Tassinari: Date format
It is not clear at all if the date is dd/MM/yyyy or MM/dd/yyyy. Maybe making it a setting or at least pointing that out?
- (2018-01-06, v:1.0.0) Dean Brady: wrong date
just tried it on a page that was published today and it gave me a date of 1 month in the future..??