Installing this extension will block all websites that Rupert Murdoch controls.
NEW FIREFOX VERSION: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/bye-rupert/ Every day hundreds of thousands of Australians read online content that has been designed by News Corp to manipulate their readers views in order to push a political agenda. We've seen it in the past with the 2013 Federal Election, the National Broadband Network, the 2018/2019 Australian bush fires and more. When it comes to politics, Australians deserve an unbiased, fair report of proceedings, NOT low quality "journalism" that aims to make a man who renounced his Australian citizenship more money. I made "Bye Rupert" in an attempt to stop giving his online businesses pageviews. Less pageviews lowers the amount of inventory the websites can sell which means revenue will drop. It will also allow users to support smaller websites that compete with News Corp who report the real facts without an agenda whilst having respect for their readers - something News Corp has long gone without. Put simply: installing this extension will block all websites that Rupert Murdoch controls. Created by @matcarpenter
- (2020-07-02) Ahmed E: Thank you!
- (2020-04-14) Nick McKenzie: Awesome idea, great job!
- (2020-04-08) Toby Fothergill: Genius. Rupert is a verucous pustule of vitriol, nothing more.
- (2020-04-01) Mike Medhurst: Good to see. Sharing it.
- (2020-02-25) Philip Cheeseman: Great idea. Can you add the option for similar sites (From a UK point of view Daily mail/Express/Telegraph - They are equally vile and controlling)?
- (2020-02-01) Dan Muir: News.com.au is owned by Murdoch? still coming up in searches. Be great if you could get this working properly.
- (2020-01-22) Luke Mcgibbon: Great idea. Could we get a list of the sites it blocks? I'm not quite sure which media he owns. I just assume it's all the shittiest papers.
- (2020-01-20) Andris Dinsbergs: May this be a popular trend!
- (2020-01-19) Jarrad Thornton: Would be good if it had an option to direct links to archive.org or something that doesn't give them clicks.
- (2020-01-17) Jonathon Strzina: Thanks for helping to rid the world of this corrupt scumbag and all he stands for. Let's all do our part to boycott #newscorpse
- (2020-01-16) Daniel Hillier: Stop Spreading Murdoch Lies with this extension!
- (2020-01-15) James Hudson: Fantastic idea. It's even more important with the Murdoch press's ongoing climate change denial in the face of real consequences. BTW, as of version 1.0.3 I checked this extension for any malicious code, but I did not find anything; additionally I think it's a well-programmed and slick Chrome extension.
- (2020-01-14) Kill Banquo: Amazing idea, needs an update for 2020 100%. funny how many people i know who've downloaded this in the passed couple of months even though its 2+ years old
- (2020-01-14) Chris Loch: This has made my life much better. It has reduced the amount of non-science claptrap and ex-furniture sales people's prognostications considerably. I also sleep easier knowing I am not contributing a single cent of revenue to an incredibly corrosive proto-fascist organization. I would have given the app 5 stars but it does not stop Rupert or his minions from continuing to poison the well of public discourse, both in Australia and abroad.
- (2020-01-13) Sam: Works perfectly. Going to spread the word far and wide about this little gem.
- (2020-01-13) Steve Werner: Brilliant - helping increase world intelligence :-)
- (2020-01-13) T Hooks: Absolutely love this and recommend frequently. Would love it to be updated as there's a few sites still not added to the block. Great work xxx
- (2020-01-10) Brint Paris: A stupidity blocker. I love it.
- (2020-01-08) Nathan Budd: Exceptional, useful tool for helping you avoid fake news and reporting rooted heavily in a single bias.
- (2020-01-07) Jordan Durzi: Please update to add all of the new sites too
- (2020-01-07) Emma Grogan: More reason than ever to get Rupert off your computer
- (2020-01-06) Angus Nicholls: A very necessary plugin. Time to block EvilCorps propaganda
- (2020-01-06) NinjaRhys: Share
- (2020-01-06) Corey Hellwege: Awesome! News Corp's vile propaganda should have no place online.
- (2020-01-03) iben Dover: This needs to be more popular
- (2020-04-20, v:1.0.5) Rod Gullickson: Sunshine Coast Daily
I don't see the Sunshine Coast Daily paper in the list, it is a News Corp publication. Can it be added?
- (2020-03-12, v:1.0.5) strictly prickly: I can eliminate satan from my desktop, but not from my android. All & any help greatly appreciated. Do not want this slug or his publications on any of my devices, ever! HELP!
I can eliminate satan from my desktop, but not from my android. All & any help greatly appreciated. Do not want this slug or his publications on any of my devices, ever! HELP!
- (2020-02-21, v:1.0.3) Neil Douglas: Bye Rupert App
Awesome app man, good job. When you visit a site you only say it's a Murdog rag. Do you want to promote some other worthy sites, I think you're missing a chance to promote other news orgs like the guardian, rawstory or the ABC. Again, great app. 3 Thumbs up!!
- (2020-02-16, v:1.0.3) John Wilkie: Blocking Murdoch
The wireless group in the UK is owned by NewsCorp, thus Murdoch. This means virgin radio,Talksport, TalkRadio and a number of other stations. could these be added?
- (2020-01-17, v:1.0.3) Jonathan Curro: https://www.dailymercury.com.au/ Mackay paper owned by NewsCrap
Hi Mat, I just wanted to add that https://www.dailymercury.com.au/ is also a NewsCorp owned publication, at least according to the almighty wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_Mercury I think Mackay would be better off with no newspaper than this, but anyway. Also, if you are the same Mathew Carpenter with the blog post about your early 6 figure business venture at the age of 16, that was a really good read. What a story. Thanks for sharing =-) Regards, Jonathan
- (2020-01-07, v:1.0.2) Earanee Niedzwiecki: Not blocking ACTUAL News Corp
I can access the actual News Corp website, so I'd say that the extension is in desperate need of updating. Please! This is such a wonderful thing!
- (2019-08-18, v:1.0.2) Nigel Cotterill: NAT GEO
Doesn't seem to be blocking national geographic which he owns?
- (2017-08-20, v:1.0.2) Kelvin Ho: Redirect
Perhaps a redirect to an archival website such as archive.is so that the articles can be read without giving Newscorp any revenue?
- (2016-04-02, v:1.0.2) Gerr Gerring: Update?
How about updating the list of sites blocked?
- (2015-09-10, v:1.0.2) National Geo
Will it start blocking National Geographic?
- (2015-08-20, v:1.0.2) Seth McQuale: Bye, Amazon?
Just a thought: "Bye, Bezos" extension.
- (2015-08-04, v:1.0.2) List of Rupert Murdoch's websites
Here is a list of known Rupert Murdoch's websites, in case you missed any: http://murdochblock.info/community/general-topics/17-master-list-of-murdoch-owned-web-properties#22
- (2015-04-06, v:1.0.2) Sam Ioannidis: sharing
dear developer. I would like to share the existence of this add on to facebook but don't know how
- (2015-01-10, v:1.0.2) Matt Kirkey: Learning Seat is blocked
NEWSCORP sold LearningSeat.com in 2012.
- (2014-12-25, v:1.0.1) Moshtix
I believe that Newscorp sold Moshtix in mid 2013.
- (2014-12-22, v:1.0.1) Timothy Jesudason: VICE
Hey, think the apps awesome. Id like to interview the develop for VICE. Could you contact me at [email protected]