Automatically switch to Incognito mode when a regex matches. (Fixed by LewxX)
I will not fix further errors. It seems to work currently (2019)! >>However, even though it does open a site in incognito mode - the site may still set a cookies in Chrome. --- This extension allows you to set up Regular Expressions for websites that you want to always be opened in Incognito mode. For example, if you don't want anyone to know you visit gawker.com simply add in the following entry: ".*gawker\.com" without the quotes. --- This is not my extension, all credit goes to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/incognito-regex/phodabgmalihpnmmlgoplifofcdnjoll/details I've just fixed some bugs.
- (2021-06-17) Taz Edwards: Seems to still work in 2021. Instructions are little cryptic, though. Here's what to do- 1. Leave your existing bookmark(s) as-is in your normal, non-incognito window 2. Pin this extention to your browser window 3. Click the extention silhouette and click options 4. Add the domain in 'pattern' with the syntax changes as described and click the + sign 5. Click your normal bookmark but not from a tab you want to keep since this extention will remove that tab and create a new incog window.
- (2020-04-15) Rishab Tirupathi: It worked great
- (2016-07-31) Michael Tomlinson: It's just opening every link I click into an Incognito window regardless of the sites I put on the list. Still a bit buggy.
- (2016-05-20) Carl Steinhilber: This doesn't seem to work anymore. Using Chrome Version 51.0.2704.54 beta-m (64-bit) It opens EVERY site in incognito mode, even if there are no patterns active.
- (2015-06-15) joseph dunn: After placing websites in the box to remind this extension to always open my websites in incognito it works but, stops working if you have to reboot. A wasteful item.
- (2015-04-16) WARNING!!!! DO NOT USE Even though it does open a site in incognito mode - the site still sets permanent cookies in Chrome. I have tested with several websites. DO NOT USE - the only way to be incognito is to open sites in incognito mode - DO NOT USE
- (2014-10-14) Dominic M: it dosent work at all try to fix it again
- (2014-08-07) Matthew Du Puy: Doesn't work, not even with the example regex: *gawker\.com
- (2014-08-05) Karandeep Singh: brilliant. does what it says. would recommend it. just a tip, add an option to include new tab in that too? so that chrome automatically opens in incognito when new tab is the home page? other than that this extension is wonderful. get 5/5 after doing that new tab thing :p
- (2021-06-21, v:1.2.2) SchmilK EnHaggen: Sharing regex sites
Is there a way to automate what sites get forced into incognito mode via file or registry? I can't seem to find where the extension saves that list.