Text reader (TTS) that simplifies vocabulary, translates text, reads inaccessible text (OCR), and captures and cites sources.
Snap&Read is the Next-Generation reading tool that can cover the most diverse reading needs. Features: Read Aloud - Listen to text as it’s read aloud across websites, PDFs, and Google Drive. It also reads in other languages. Dynamic Text Leveling - Dynamically adjust the readability of text without changing the meaning. Translation - Translate text into 100+ languages on any webpage. Study Tools - Pull text into an outline, then organize it and add notes. Remove Distractions - Remove distracting content and adjust fonts, spacing and number of characters per line creating the best online reading experience possible. The Remove Distractions tool also reformats any webpage to read—distraction-free—alongside an open outline. Color Overlay / Reading Line Guides- Color Overlay and Reading Line Guides brings focus to text paragraph-by-paragraph and even line-by-line—by masking the reading area. Picture Supported Dictionary - Clear definitions plus multiple icon representations enhance meaning. Bibliographer - Automatically cite sources on any webpage Screenshot Reader - Instantly get access to text embedded in images, inaccessible PDFs, and Flash through Optical Character Recognition (OCR). Readability Analyzer - See the grade level equivalent of the text on any webpage. Annotation - Highlight and add text to PDFs then save to Google Drive, One Drive, or download. Try it for free and see if it works for you. Pricing and more information can be viewed at https://snapandread.com Questions/Help can be found at http://help.donjohnston.net If you already have an account for snap and read, you can manage it at https://snapandread.com
- (2019-11-07) Colton Kovacs: JUNK
- (2019-07-23) Jamand12 Productions: This takes so much space on my chromebook and my school asigned this to my computer and I cant remove it. This is by far the worst extension and I cannot disable it or remove it. Do not install, you will regret it.
- (2019-05-13) Jeanmarie: We use this extension with students that need reading and writing support in our school. It has made a huge difference for our them! Favorite features are the ability to change the speed, the OCR tool and the outlining tool. Teachers report that they like the text leveling as well. As with any new tool, students do need to learn the tool and spend time utilizing it to become proficient. I liked it so much I got it for myself.
- (2019-03-13) BEST THING EVER OMG!
- (2019-03-13) Yah Yeet
- (2019-01-25) t meier: So frustrating and difficult to figure out how it works. The worst!!! You will waste hours and get nowhere. Don't waist your time and.......money
- (2018-11-08) Swenzje: i have to write an essay for my school and when i add this extension to my personal computer it does not work for some reason but it works on my school chromebook. now i have to go on my school chromebook just to cite a website. please fix this issue.
- (2018-10-22) OLIVIA CAMRON: CHARGED ME TWICE THEN ASKED ME PAY AGAIN. I HAVE PROOF. IT MISPRONOUNCES WORDS .
- (2018-10-07) Digital Heritage: Unable to login from Chrome extension. Went to the website and also unable to login. It does not allow me to enter my username or password and just states "whoops! Something went wrong. Try again later" or something similar. Please fix asap! Thank you :)
- (2018-08-28) GamingWithJaysen Wut: is so stupid it I would rather read myself and take 10 hours!
- (2018-07-21) Alicia Rigsby: This is an amazing help in creating outlines and bibliographies for papers. My children love it and I found it revolutionary. Thanks so much!
- (2018-06-02) Sean Carrote: It reads everything that I cant highlight and I love it!
- (2018-03-13) Ryan Wang: Our school made us download this and sometimes it can't pronounce normal words. Even google translate speaker feature is better. Plus this costs money and is annoying to use. Plus it has to load and login all the time.
- (2018-02-17) Sharina Washington: I thought it would read kindle reader, but apparently it does not.
- (2018-01-18) Christopher Hardy: Misleading presentation... It is not instantly obvious that this is a subscription service that requires you to create an account and provide payment information even for just the 7 day free trial. I need a free, easy to use screen reader for reading my digital textbooks to me while I write notes...
- (2018-01-10) Fuzion Gamer: it is so trash
- (2017-12-30) S E A C U E: I don't like it at all. It ruined reading news articles. My school had it preinstalled on all of the school computers. It makes it so that all of the articles I attempt to read are hopelessly simplified to the point where I hate myself and want to die.
- (2017-12-15) Sean Fimmel: This program is now hijacking PDF files regardless of what Chrome's default viewer or your machine's default viewer are set to.
- (2017-11-20) Jennifer Erickson: Snap and Read has been a great support for our students. Snap and Read allows our struggling readers to have access to grade level or higher content and is building self-confidence in our students.
- (2017-11-20) Beth Krupke: This is a great tool for our students to use. Snap & Read provides a way for our students to read more independently. You can adjust the speed of the text reader and utilize a translator if needed. The text complexity tool gives more support for our students to better understand the material.
- (2017-10-23) Me 66: coolk
- (2017-10-21) R ESP1000: HArd to start and at this stage should be free
- (2017-09-29) Dashtiel: its the worst thing ever.
- (2017-08-22) Lucas Lokanc: like reading a little bit
- (2017-06-08) Juanjochar Char: no funciona