Powered by Google Text to Speech; read aloud the news, books and articles, translate to other languages and look up dictionary
'TTS Read-It!' is a Chrome extension that powered by Google Text to Speech Engine and Google Translation, it brings several exciting technologies to your Chrome browser with just simple mouse clicks, such as article speech, popup dictionary and paragraph translation. With this extension: * ‘Read It!’ can read the text you select * ‘Read It!’ can read the paragraph you choose * ‘Read It!’ can read the whole article with simple clicks * ‘Read It!’ can automatically detect the language of current page and choose right voice to read back * 'Read It!' supports English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Chinese and more * ‘Read It!’ can translate and read the article in the language you choose * ‘Read It!’ can popup dictionary or translation of the text you select on the web page * ‘Read It!’ allows to choose the reading speed and volume you prefer * 'Read It!' allows to choose configure different dialect, such as US/British English, Mainland/Hongkong/Taiwan Chinese * 'Read It!' can automatically update the site templates when there are available * 'Read It!' provides a build-in tool to create your own site template with simple jQuery selector * 'Read It!' also a rich set of settings to fine tune your TTS experience If you have any question related to 'Read-It!', please use Read-It issues site at https://github.com/ttsreadit/ttsreadit/issues
- (2020-07-21) muhammed mikded: very good and useful
- (2019-07-24) xr h: 好用，读小说神器
- (2019-06-09) Dungeon Master: Не работает
- (2018-11-07) Ján Kúdela: It does not work in Slovak, it is bad, I want to return the money!
- (2018-08-22) Will Virella: I love it. Please keep up the good work. When's the new update? THank you :-)
- (2018-08-08) Oz King: Get this one! Try it out.. and for 99 pennies you can have it for the whole year. All the options, customization and functionality make this TTS Reader the best there is on the market. It does more than just read. I was happy to support the developer of this to continue on the great work.
- (2018-05-31) Zy W: 好用
- (2018-03-22) ΗΛΙΑΣ ΓΑΡΟΥΦΑΛΑΚΗΣ: Πολύ καλό
- (2018-03-08) J. Steven Sarvis: This app gave me a major headache, & it didn't develop right when I installed it but much later on a completely arbitrary basis. What happened? Well a week or so ago, for absolutely no reason (I hadn't added anything new in the form of hardware, software, apps, games, not anything, except for Norton's security suite of anti-virus protection etc) any time I highlighted anything in Chrome, up popped the definition of a single word from those highlighted & strange symbols & drawings of stupid items were substituted for about 25% of all the letters of the words highlighted. And I did everything. I turned off or changed virtually everything on the Chrome page to no avail. I searched the help & forum sections of both Google, Chrome, Gmail, & for online generally & didn't see anything like this having ever happened to anyone. So, my last resort was to delete or remove extensions. I initially deleted about 12 that I figured I really didn't need. Now silly as this sounds that did seemingly reduce the number of letters that were being replace by symbols. Well I then went through & turned off another 4 or 5 extensions, but no good. My buddy who is rather opinated leaving absolutely no room for potentially being wrong on his end, would say this or that extension isn't the problem. Well the 2 batch had no impact. So I went & turned off maybe 3 or 4 more including this one. Bamm. That annoying issue which made other things difficult, like when the popup was there I couldn't copy a selection & if I "x'd" out the popup, the highlighting disappeared. A real pain. Well I went back & fiddled with the last few extensions until I narrowed it down to this one only. Oh, & my buddy said with absolute conviction and annoyance at my ignorance for not thinking I had to turn the browser off & then on again for the deleted or turned off extensions to have any impact. Well I simply refreshed the page & the problem was gone. I don't know if the addition of Norton's Security Suite may have generated some factor that caused this extension to malfunction, but up to then I'd been relying upon the security measures that simply come with Windows 10 as protection. It's firewall, Window's Defender & regular updates to keep my computer safe but I knew that wasn't enough. So if Norton which is one of the most commonly offered & used security software there is ( yeah, I know a lot of people swear by Malware Bytes & Eset, but I had the paid version of both & they are way way too expensive, & their overkill was a pain in my, ah, neck. So the much less crazy & more specifically geared to true malware & viruses Norton software is a lot easier to live with. However, I'm simply amazed that I didn't find this problem reported anywhere. I mean, it may be referenced in some forum somewhere, but people who found any references that slipped by me, are simply better people than I, & my hat goes off to them. But maybe this will help someone, or really, I hope I'm the one lone manifestation of this weird serendipity of the symptoms I developed & the the use of this extension. And perhaps this will allow the developer of the app to figure out what happened & head off any mass symptom onset, thus keeping the small bit of advertising dollars & contributions from users to keep streaming his/her way. I wish everyone well & happy computing. Byeee.
- (2018-02-15) Ryan Finley: Unlike every other TTS extension I've tried, this is very reliable and almost completely free from annoying bugs and quirks. In a utopian world it would be cool to have more customization features for nerds like me, but for a free extension this is great.
- (2018-01-16) Ricardo Ettia: Very nice
- (2018-01-13) Tee Dub: Hands down the best TTS reader for Chrome!! I especially Love the option to highlight the paragraph being read as it progresses. Doesn't natively read all Aricles (on different websites though, but offers an option to request the site's template to be added), however, you can simply overcome that by highlighting the text to be read and using the "Read selected text" option.
- (2017-12-10) 王皓: 太好用了
- (2017-09-23) Travis Crump: Best TTS extension I have used. Reads large amounts of text and the Google UK voice sounds very natural
- (2019-09-30, v:0.3.19) anisoara beita: Din listă lipsește limba română
Bună! Pe mine m-ar ajuta mult să adăugați limba română în listă. Mulțumesc frumos!
- (2019-08-07, v:0.3.19) xr h: 希望也给“朗读节选”和“朗读段落”设置一个快捷键
- (2019-06-30, v:0.3.19) Blue: TTS Reader:
why dose in not hi-lite the text and it dose not show the button
- (2019-06-16, v:0.3.19) Will Virella: Any new update?
Please update 2 - 3 times a month. Thank you.
- (2019-06-10, v:0.3.19) Rafik Farouk: TTS Reader" license has expired.
I have purchased the one year and now I have a problem getting the app to work. Suggestion? Every time i launch it, it give me the warning that my "TTS Reader" license has expired. What should I do?
- (2019-04-27, v:0.3.19) Connolly Soviet: TTS Reader License
I'm still getting a message that I have no TTS Reader License. Here is my proof of payment. https://pay.google.com/payments/home#activity/receipt=10370910874874185126.b2d6e2118b3149dd9293a6598cf99e5d
- (2019-04-24, v:0.3.19) Connolly Soviet: TTS Reader License
Hi, I paid for a yearly subscription, but when I try to use the reader it gives me a message that I have no license. Regards, Denis
- (2019-01-09, v:0.3.19) Will Virella: When's the new update 2019?
When's the new update 2019? Thank you :-)
- (2018-12-19, v:0.3.19) Jeff: Problem with Japanese language TTS
Got the app for reading Japanese. It works well for every other language I've tried--English, Spanish, Chinese. But with Japanese it stops abruptly in varying places in any selection. This happens both with the pop-up or when reading based on the pull-down menu (article, from here, etc). Sometimes it stops after a few words, sometimes after a several sentences. Even if I start again selecting the same text, it stops in exactly in the same place. It does it almost every time no matter what website or font it's reading. Anyway, I find the app very useful, but for this annoying problem. Thanks!
- (2018-12-18, v:0.3.19) reading it
how do you make it read to you