Youtube recommendations are bad.
Hides all recommended videos in the youtube sidebar that say "Recommended for you". This doesn't get rid of all weird recommendations but it gets rid of the ones that are particularly bad. This makes youtube work the way it used to work years ago, with actually relevant videos in the sidebar. This supports both the new (polymer) and classic designs. shout out to the valiant but insufficient hbomb's youtube censorship addon which will remove the very worst of youtube from places other than the sidebar 1.2 (February 2 2018): Fixes for a couple issues. In the new design, it no longer hides the 'up next' video, even if it is recommended. In the classic design, handle videos loaded after clicking on the load more button properly. 1.1 (September 15, 2017): Now that the polymer'd version is out to everyone I discovered it wasn't working when inside a playlist. That is now fixed.
- (2020-09-03) spookym 123: Didn't do a thing.
- (2020-01-11) Arsenii Brylov: perfect
- (2019-07-29) Chris Idema: Doesn't work. I recommend DF Tube
- (2019-06-21) Kaileigh Stehr: Works!! Ty so much!
- (2019-06-12) Not_A_Hitman: THANK YOU, I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS ALL OVER
- (2019-05-21) Daniel A: Fanastic extension, works perfectly. Amazing that this is even possible
- (2019-04-02) David Poitou: A enfin rendu youtube agréable ! Merci
- (2019-03-24) Didn't work.
- (2019-03-14) Andrew Field: Bad news: it doesn't affect the recommended videos that show up in the video player itself at the end of a video. Good news (albeit a bit niche): after submitting captions/subtitles on videos, it does seem to affect the suggestions of other videos to contribute to.
- (2019-02-19) HeRo2055: Works great
- (2019-01-06) Kevin Johnson: It does not work. Recommended videos still show up.
- (2019-01-05) Green Purple: Unrelated videos with "Recommended for you" under them are gone, cleaning up a lot of the filth in the sidebar. Youtube still sneaks completely unrelated videos into the sidebar but doesn't tag them as "Recommended for you", so those slip by, but the sidebar is much more relevant to the video with this extension.
- (2018-12-13) Kastellan: Its fake it doesn't work
- (2018-12-07) Disciple de Jésus-Christ: marche pas
- (2018-12-05) a a: Although not as prejudice as I'd like, it definitely gets rid of most of the non relevant videos that youtube recommends. If you prefer youtube to suggest relevant videos based on what your watching at the moment, instead of the popular videos in your history, this should help quite a bit
- (2018-11-16) SAYED HASAN: awesome build......... now I can freely browse the YouTube. Thanks a lot.
- (2018-09-08) Does seem to be working. Uninstalled.
- (2018-08-13) vitzie 629: I'm glad that I can finally see a sidebar on YouTube where "recommended for you" videos are absent. Pretty interseting.
- (2018-08-06) teluoborg: works
- (2018-08-01) GokuFTW Playz: Some unrelated, "recommended" videos are still showing up.
- (2018-07-20) Peter-andre' Pliassov: Thank you so very very much! This is exactly what I needed!
- (2018-07-10) S Ali [key7im]: The way, youtube should work. Perfect extension. Thanks a lot
- (2018-05-08) Excel U: FINALLY, youtube should have been like this in the first place, back to the way it should have been.
- (2018-04-06) Murve: So far so good. This doesn't completely remove the UP NEXT side bar like some extensions. It just removes youtube recommendations. Do you know why? They're bad.
- (2017-11-28) Azamyth: Works Great when it works but its just stopped working as of 11/27/2017
- (2018-01-21, v:1.1) tim deridder: remove recommendations
Hey, I love your extension, but i have a little suggestion, is it possible that the extension also removes already viewed youtube recommendations? Chris