Set the zoom level based on your screen resolution.
Will zoom pages to 200% on HiDPI screens (wider than 2800 pixels), to 100% others. Will leave alone pages not at 100% or 200%.
- (2019-04-16) Ali D: Nice idea, doesn't work.
- (2018-06-08) Simple and effective, thanks for the extension!
- (2018-06-02) Alexei Zakharov: Doesn't work. I move chrome to another monitor with scaling factor 1 (default 2), nothing changes.
- (2018-05-11) dragon788: Would really appreciate the ability to set the zoom level myself and perhaps disable/override it per site (perhaps this works already just by changing the zoom and letting Chrome remember for the page/domain). Personally I find 125-150% more than adequate on my 3K/4K devices and 200% is too much zoom so I've ended up disabling the extension.
- (2017-09-26) Skyris Bactera: Really nice, because most linux distros suck at doing this kind of thing.
- (2017-01-27) didn't work at first i realized the page has to have no preexisting scaling, after i set pages to normal this started working like a charm can't wait till x dies and we get proper dpi scaling this will do for now
- (2016-10-27) Haggai Eran: Didn't work for me on Ubuntu 16.04.
- (2016-09-27) Shaun Steenkamp: Doesn't work on Chromium 52.0.2743.116 running on Linux Mint 18
- (2016-07-26) Рома Чупин: hi, please make settings to set zoom level for different resolutions.. would be very useful for tablets in portrait and album orientations.
- (2018-01-15, v:0.3) Pablo Llopis: Not working
I installed the extension, then restarted chrome to be sure, but nothing changes. When clicking on the extension icon, I have "options" greyed out, so I don't even know how (or if) I am supposed to configure anything. I am testing this on a 13 inch laptop which has a native resolution of 3200x1800, and an external 27'' monitor with a resolution of 2560x1440. Running Fedora 27 which the default Gnome 3.26. The native screen has a scaling factor of 2 applied automatically, and the external screen a scale factor of 1. Is there a way to get this extension to work? Thanks
- (2017-12-15, v:0.3) Kevin Hamer: Not working
Using between two 2560x1440 monitors; one that's a high DPI laptop screen, the other that's a desktop monitor. I'm happy to help debug or try things out if it'd help; I'm on Linux if that matters.
- (2017-11-06, v:0.3) Resizing screen resets to 100%
Been looking for an extension like this for ages. I'm using https://www.spectacleapp.com/ to provide shortcuts to resize windows. When I move the window to my external high DPi monitor, the extension zooms to 200%. I then resize to fill the screen (not enable full screen mode on OS X) - and the extension resets to 100%. Any idea why?
- (2016-12-29, v:0.3) Micael Gallego: Can I configure the default zoom level per resolution and size?
I have a several monitors in job and home and I want to fine tune the zoom in each one.