Applies Dyslexie letter-spacing and word-spacing settings to arbitrary web pages in order to improve readability.
EasyRead is enabled by default. Click the icon to disable or re-enable on a per website basis. Our research shows that Grade 2-6 low-progress readers read 7% faster (words per minute) in Dyslexie font word-spacing and letter-spacing settings than in standardly spaced Arial font (Marinus et al., in press). More research is needed to examine how these spacing settings influence reading performance of adolescents and adults with reading impairments. Reference: Marinus, E., Mostard, M., Segers, E., Schubert, T., Madelaine, A., & Wheldall, K. (In Press). A special font for people with dyslexia: Does it work and if so, why? Dyslexia.
- (2018-03-08) GoooDeK: Brilliant extension.
- (2017-11-25) fast 99: Thank you so much this helps me sooooo F*** much to read i love the person how made this
- (2017-03-30) Tiffany Jackson: Thank you so much for creating this!! Work will be so much easier to do now! Thank you!!!
- (2017-02-06) Tushar Pareek: love it. thanks to developers
- (2019-12-07, v:0.1.3) anna derry: cursor problem
there is a problem with cursor drift. changing spacing of font means that cursor image no longer lines up with where cursor position - ie write and delete in different place from curson image. means I can't really use EasyRead. Pity because does make text easier to read. Is there a solution (other than removing Easyread extension)? Thanks
- (2019-09-03, v:0.1.3) You Are Me: Not sure if working
Hi, I am trying to use the extension but can't seem to see any change - is there something I am supposed to be doing or do I just click the extension and all text is supposed to change?
- (2017-10-31, v:0.1.3) Kimberly Ferrier: Google Docs
Hello, My students find your extension extremely helpful. But when they use it in Google Docs, the writing goes off the page. Is there a work-around for this? Thank you- Kim Ferrier [email protected]