Make Spotify playlists from 8tracks mixes
Spotify allows users to listen to a huge library of songs on demand, but discovering good new music can be difficult. 8tracks has a wide variety of curated mixes created and reviewed by users, but playlists can only be listened to sequentially, songs' titles are not revealed until they begin playing, and skips are limited. 8trhacker dumps 8tracks mixes into your Spotify queue, where you can listen to the songs whenever you want, make a Spotify playlist, share with your friends, etc.
- (2015-10-16) A. Lenn: Doesn't seem to work anymore, 8tracks changed it's presentation and the buttons from this app aren't available anymore
- (2015-02-12) Christina Novello: It's a nice idea, too bad it doesn't work. Couldn't figure out how it worked at first. Tried signing out & back into both 8tracks & spotify and reloading.. finally saw the buttons but when it opened spotify it said 'link not found.' Bummer
- (2014-04-15) Ofir Dahan: Spotify gives the "Link not found" message when trying to create playlists. This would be an amazing extension if it worked :/
- (2013-12-08) Mike Schwartz: Is there anyway to make a Spotify web-app compatible version of this? I'm running on a chromebook, and the link from the 8Tracks UI launches an external request, when I'm using the Spotify web player
- (2013-09-02) Araam Borhanian: Reloading is required like everyone said. However, clicking the all tracks in the mix button doesn't work. The first button does though. Problem is more with 8tracks than these guys, but still doesn't get the job done.
- (2013-08-16) Scott Svare: I can't get this to work.
- (2013-05-19) Michal Arendt: Very great idea, needs some polish. To get the fields to appear, I have to open a playlist then reload the page. Upon reload the fields will appear.
- (2013-04-12) Nordic-Schule Notschrei: Hi! It's not working, even after reboot. There are no fields to click like in rhe example picture. What can I do? Thanks! Rainer
- (2013-01-05) Webster Montego: Very useful and wonderful extension. Was almost exactly what I had in mind and definitely gets the job done. Would be nice to use a non-intrusive modal dialog div instead of the js alerts.
- (2014-08-08, v:1.1.3) Eliot Fowler: Doesn't seem to work... open source?
This doesn't appear to be working any more. Any chance you cold open source?
- (2014-07-27, v:1.1.3) Not working
This pluggin is not working. Maybe you can publish the source code and the community can help out. :)
- (2014-07-02, v:1.1.3) Michael Böckling: same issue
Same problem, it says "Link not found" with no further information.
- (2014-01-27, v:1.1.3) Abby Leigh Curtis: How to use?
I downloaded the extension and I saw someone else saw that if you reload the playlist, the buttons appear. But when I press the buttons, nothing happens. I have tried with Spotify open and closed. How do I use it?
- (2013-12-01, v:1.1.3) Nick Schwaller: Broken
This doesn't work for me. I dont see any link on 8tracks with the extension installed
- (2013-06-15, v:1.1.3) Michal Arendt: No longer sends link to Spotify
The newest version of Spotify (or Chrome) breaks the link handoff between the two. When I click to open either a list of played song in Spotify, Spotify will open with the error "Link not found." The extension worked before updates.