Replace facebook posts involving Donald Trump with gifs of kittens.
Trump Block gives the user two options to clean up their facebook feed. You can either completely hide posts that talk about Donald Trump, or you can replace them with random cat gifs. Users can also edit the blacklist to block other keywords.
- (2018-09-02) Anjali Kurup: It does NOT work
- (2018-03-18) Noel Lee: Doesn't work for me :(
- (2017-02-02) Corrinne: My facebook feed is now a safe place again!
- (2017-01-26) Michaela Doušová: It doesn't work properly :( I can see Trump's ugly face everywhere except my facebook wall.
- (2017-01-22) Vicki Vail: Unfortunately did not work at all.
- (2016-12-13) Debra Na: It doesn't just remove the picture, it removes the entire posts so that even if someone says the word, nothing but cat gif. While it might be great to hide posts if you really want to never see any post with the word trump, in reality it does more damage by stopping you from all posts. So if someone writes a post about something you do want to read, but somewhere says trump , gone. Need one that just blocks his ugly face.
- (2016-03-12) Peter van Vliet: Delivers as promised. No more idiotic Trump posts in my facebook feed. Thank you for fixing Facebook.
- (2015-12-30) Mary Katherine: man, this thing *really* works! even my own post on FB about the extension was replaced by kitties!
- (2019-11-05, v:1.3) Robert Smith: Can you block all Dems and Repubs?
Please block all fascist leaders all together: Democrats & Republicans.
- (2019-03-20, v:1.3) matte
- (2018-06-05, v:1.3) Betsy Ross: delete
how do I delete it?
- (2018-04-11, v:1.3) Terry Mayo: Unresolved Extension Issues
I am a lifelong animal lover and this pathetic humanoid gives animals a bad name. But, like everybody else here, I especially love cats, perhaps because they embody everything we'd like to be. What better life to have than by making people smile? Where everyone nearby wants to stroke or cuddle up with you? But I am also a tech dummy. I cannot mentally process the jargon or directives. I get nothing from tutorials, as the language is meaningless to me. Therefore, when people discuss a glitch in the extension - either as a complaint within this format or in a review - my first reaction is to look for the developer's response. And then, I am confused when there are none at all. Why is that? I am clearly not an expert but I have seen many others where the developer was eager for the feedback. They tend to clarify any confusion or use the problem as a mechanism to improve the product they developed. I am reluctant to add to any potential for confusion. Wouldn't it help all Trump Block users if you addressed the issues as soon as they appeared? It is common knowledge that for every posted complaint, untold other users angrily removed the extension and they won't be back. They likely chose another one instead. Decades of advertising studies dovetail with consumer psychology and brain chemistry findings that present a certain formulaic reaction to not getting what they want. (An unpleasant side effect of pricey 30-second advertising blasts, where people not only buy impulsively, they cut the cord even faster) In a nutshell, people rarely reconsider a consumer decision they have already trashed. Irked and feeling "used," they view what was once engaging - even an opportunity - as a con that was a waste of time or money, of energy or anything that they value. Once bitten, twice shy is the behavior model. Even financial or credit inducements often fail to pull that person in for another look. The next site will offer even more for your potential loyalty. For a little product where the value is simply fun, that person is forever gone. I get what this extension is and isn't. But I, for one, could use it and want to thank you for creating it. I need silly small moments to deflect the vision of President Man-Bay running loose with the keys in his pocket. And, the fact that so many of our friends and neighbors still can't see how vile and inept he is as a person, let alone a leader. I have used this space and time in an effort to explain my thinking in a way that may possibly be of help. I am sure that your feedback and suggestions would help others, too. Hopefully, our input would also help you create the end result you envisioned. It's a terrific use of cats!
- (2017-02-08, v:1.1) TheFactsnotfiction: Stopped Working
The blocker has stopped working. Have cleared my cache, uninstalled, and reinstalled, and noting. My feed is filled with 45's face and name again.
- (2017-01-30, v:1.1) Sharna Alt: Hiding posts
Ever since I added your extension, when I click certain parts of posts ('see translation' link, or 'read more' link) the post vanishes from my feed. These are NOT political posts, btw! This is NOT helpful...