Allows you to quickly view videos from your subscriptions feed page
Watch videos without leaving your YouTube subscriptions feed page, and possibly without ever clicking. Hover over thumbnails in your feed page to view that video. How about thumbnails at the side of a video page? That works too! Q: What's better than a nice subscriptions feed page that you can scroll forever? A: A page where you can scroll forever AND watch videos. P.S. This is open-source at https://github.com/ngzhian/quickview -LATEST CHANGES- 2.5.0 works on more pages now (homepage, channel page, video page) 2.4.0 Works with new YouTube design now! 2.3.0 Set your preferred hover time (how long the pointer has to stay above the thumbnail to trigger Quickview) It now shows view count, like count, dislike count 2.2.0 Set your preferred playback rate in the brand new options page! Click on the QuickView icon in the toolbar and select options. 2.1.1 Temp fix for comments text not showing up: https://code.google.com/p/gdata-issues/issues/detail?id=7969 2.1.0 Code cleanup, not much visible changes for the user 2.0.0 Fixed to work with YouTube API v3. 1.11.0 Bug fixes due to YT changing its HTML. Looks prettier and more consistent with YT's native style :) 1.10.1 Fix hover not working on some thumbnails due to changes in class name, it should be more robust to any changes on YT side now. 1.9.1 Updated to use https by default
- (2017-11-04) Gersivan Oliveira: Não funcionou.
- (2017-04-20) Vayers Lim: Very efficient and fun to use, saves me a lot of time.
- (2016-10-20) Baron BarrabanaHorse: Yes, this is exactly what im looking for.
- (2016-02-14) Oliver Stahl: Great extension that makes the youtube experience - especially the subscription feed - much better. Great support too! I reported an issue and got a reply and fix within hours!
- (2015-12-29) Private Angel: does nothing on chrome
- (2015-08-15) Eduard Riegel: good but needs a customizable delay timer for popping up the window. Whizzing over a few thumbnails for fractions of a second might be enough topop up the player. A lot more options would be good.
- (2015-07-29) Andre Cabrera: The video info isnt showing for me. Im using the HTML5 version if that helps.
- (2015-06-15) Music z: Loved it.. Thanks a lot..
- (2015-05-06) João Ferreira: Wow! \o/ Really works and is awesome. Should have a comment box, but it's ok.
- (2014-08-07) Davis Graham: Awesome! No complaints. Thanks nghian.
- (2014-07-22) Works great, really handy on a big TV too.
- (2013-06-05) Apostol Apostolov: I love the functionality but hate the weird UI. Please improve the UI to fit modern YouTube. Also please add option to show only if you hover for extended number of seconds.
- (2013-04-30) lil miz: GREAT ! MAKES THINGS EASIER :D!
- (2020-09-01, v:2.5.0) James Davis: Delay setting does not work?
Changed from default to a few higher settings and it remains at default and does not delay start on hover.
- (2020-05-24, v:2.5.0) Total Gaming: Bad
Relax Music Cafe'
- (2019-08-13, v:2.5.0) Maksat MENLIGULYYEV: Please, add functions to put comment and like/dislike on the appearing window.
- (2017-10-29, v:2.3.0) Andre Gomes: Bugs
It is not working after youtube layout upddate
- (2017-05-24, v:2.3.0) Oliver Stahl: Cut-off comments
Dear Zhi An Ng, thanks for this great extension, it makes youtube much greater for me. Especially that it also displays the comments next to the video. There's one problem though: longer comments (more than 6 rows) get cut off and there is no way to scroll down or extend them. Do you see a way to improve this? I'd be glad to send a small donation, tool. Thanks
- (2016-07-19, v:2.2.0) Suggestions
hello Zhi An Ng, firstly I'd like to say this is a great app, nice work on this! If I may suggest,It would be great if there was some kind of safety feature option, like shift + click to open the quick view YouTube. Because I find myself always accidentally opening YouTube videos and it's really inconvenient. Also, if there was a way to make the video/ quick view smaller that would be great also because it takes a lot of the space on the screen and you don't have much space to browse through your subscriptions to look for other videos while watching your quick view video. And perhaps you can show the amount of likes and dislikes as well as views. because quite frequently I use the likes and dislikes to determine if the video is worth it to watch or not anyhow, thanks!
- (2016-07-06, v:2.1.1) Elvio Sakamoto: video speed
hi, any chance u could add an option to change the default video speed? i use another extension for that but it doesnt work on quickview