Changes Google Inbox background (when at zero messages) to a picture you choose from Dropbox or Imgur.
Change the background circle of a sun and clouds shown when at zero messages, to a photo of your choice. Due to security restrictions on Chrome extensions, photos must be hosted at either Dropbox or Imgur, and due to security restrictions on Inbox, they must be HTTPS links. Click the Google Inbox Photo Backgrounds button in the toolbar and copy-paste a link per line. When saving, it removes any invalid links. To get a Dropbox link, generate a shareable link to the image, then change the bit at the end from ?dl=0 to ?raw=1 - i.e. https://www.dropbox.com/s/abcdefabcdefab/photo.jpg?raw=1 To get an Imgur image, right-click, 'Copy link address', then change the bit at the start from http:// to https:// - i.e. https://i.imgur.com/abcdefg.jpg
- (2017-05-11) Sam Stoneburner: Works exactly as advertised. Using Dropbox requires changing the link a little - I'm guessing the other users who had problems didn't read the instructions.
- (2017-02-06) Tyler Gerritsen: great idea, but didn't work with my Dropbox link
- (2017-01-05) Austin K: Seems like more extensions like this should be out by now for Inbox. Couldn't get it to work for Dropbox links.
- (2016-05-25) works! yay!Can you please add support for onedrive?
- (2018-01-04, v:0.0.5) Rob Storm: Change the full image?
This changes the round image but not the full image when both side bars are hidden. Is there a way to change that one too?