Hover, click or select to translate from Arabic to English
Similar to Rikai-chan for Japanese on Firefox or Zhongwen for Chinese on Chrome, except this extension is for Arabic. Shows translation and *vocalization*, as well as radical stems. Analyzes and break apart any Arabic word for you. Contrary to other translation tools that may exist, Fahm works offline, propose translation, add vocalizations (ـَـِـُ) and find the stem of word. This is aimed at learners. Based on the dictionaries provided by Buckwalter (2004) and by the Aratools team (http://aratools.com/). This is a fork of translate_onhover, from which the rendering engine was inspired. The source code is GPL-licensed and can be found here: https://github.com/malikolivier/fahm Reference: Buckwalter, Tim. Buckwalter Arabic Morphological Analyzer Version 2.0 LDC2004L02. Web Download. Philadelphia: Linguistic Data Consortium, 2004.
- (2021-09-03) VVayVVard: As of August 2021 the extension does not appear to work anymore. I tried hovering over words but no pop-up appears. If possible, could you update it for compatibility with the newest version of Chrome? Thank you.
- (2020-10-22) Sofea Iskandar: It used to me my ultimate favourite pop up dictionary until it stopped working :/
- (2020-04-03) Edriss Rassuli: Since recently the app has stop working I wonder if it is because of an update of google chrome
- (2019-11-05) Sanaa Asim: incredible, has saved my Arabic degree! thank you
- (2019-03-27) Yasin Arafat: Good one. Thank you, Mr. developer.
- (2019-01-21) Stefan Achatz: finally I found this super easy to use helper for learning arabic. vocalization was always a huge problem when learning new words, as google translate often gives very wrong pronunciation. this popup dictionary solves all these problems by hovering with the mouse. great.
- (2018-06-25) Anatoli Titarev: I've only starting using it but very impressed. It's performing well so far, no issues with memory.
- (2018-01-15) Md Umar Shaikh: It is very good app we can kwon arabic.but the arabic is our language for muslims coooooooool app so friends download it and enjoy it
- (2017-09-24) AKIN KAPTAN: It is the best pop up Arabic to English dictionary by now and it even works with in Google Docs. Şimdiye kadar Arapçadan İngilizceye POPUP şeklinde çalışan en iyi sözlük. Üstelik Google Docs uygulaması içerisinden de kullanılabiliyor.
- (2016-07-12) Lee Amber: OMGoodness!! it really has made life more easier. Thank you very much. So excited.
- (2021-10-21, v:0.1.7.0) Cedric: doesnt work
- (2020-09-24, v:0.1.7.0) Oliver Nolte: Add On not working
Hello, first and foremost thank you so much for creating this addon! It doesn't seem to be working and I see numerous other people saying the same thing on the chrome app store. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
- (2020-04-06, v:0.1.7.0) Natalie Smrekar: FAHM pop up not working
Could you please solve the problem, it is not working, thank you so much, Best Regards.
- (2020-02-13, v:0.1.7.0) Giri Syah: Not Working
Whenever i roll on a arabic word, it didn't work. please find a solution for this issue. i have been using this amazing extention since years.
- (2020-02-13, v:0.1.7.0) Greta Simpson: Not working
The extension is active, but unfortunately it isn't working and isn't showing me translations when I scroll over a new word. I think this could have to do with the new chrome update?
- (2020-02-11, v:0.1.7.0) abdullah abrahams: Hi i am getting error on latest chrome
Uncaught TypeError: document.registerElement is not a function at popup.js:40 at popup.js:41
- (2018-06-26, v:0.1.7.0) Edriss Rassuli: Can you do the English-> Arabic one also
Can you do the English-> Arabic one also? YOUR APPS IS EXCELLENT. Another suggestions would be to save by a click words in a vocabulary list