Key binds to scroll a half page.
For those who love to use the space bar to scroll pages, this extension binds [Ctrl + Space] to scroll a half page down, and [Shift + Ctrl + Space] to scroll a half page up by default. You can change those binds at the options page. [Space] - Browser's default - Scroll a half page [Ctrl + Space] - Browser's default - Scroll a half page - Scroll a page
- (2019-07-24) Aric Fowler: Not working in chrome on win10...
- (2018-09-09) John Steinberger: Not working on mac OS Sierra, Chrome 68.0.3440.106. Any fixes?
- (2017-05-20) Chris Harding: Argh - I really want this but it just isn't working on macOS Sierra :(
- (2017-03-06) Leandro Rossa: Does not work on Mac. Also, if it worked, I would like to change the key combinations.
- (2017-02-14) Kapil Krishnakumar: Doesn't work
- (2016-05-25) Tuukka Haapaniemi: Could not get it to work. Addon appeared, but the scrolling remained the same. Ctrl+Space did nothing.
- (2016-05-21) m.ali petek: Fickin, frickin helpful, thanks for that. Awesome awesome. Chrome should pay you for correcting some user-experience.
- (2016-05-04) Kevin Stevens: Did not work on mac
- (2015-12-19) hyouuu g: Awesome
- (2015-07-09) Daniel Bolton: Thank you.
- (2014-05-20) Tariq Qureshi: It is breaking gmail. When you go to type a message and you try to use the spacebar, it won't let you. Meaning you can't put spaces between words! Otherwise, it does what it is supposed to do. Combine that with smooth scrolling and you have a great reading experience in Chrome. You can move half-a-screen, like Emacs.
- (2013-03-30) 54 SinSin: finally i found it, thx!!!
- (2017-02-21, v:0.1.5) Ben Turner: Nothing happens with Ctrl+Space
Doesn't scroll at all and pressing just space scrolls the browser default no matter the setting. Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/56.0.2924.87 Safari/537.36
- (2015-07-09, v:0.1.5) Daniel Bolton: Twitter
n Twitter, typing a space in the Tweet Box will still scroll down without inserting a space. So for example if I type "a<SPACE>b<SPACE>c", "abc" will show up in the tweet box.
- (2014-08-31, v:0.1.5) dan _lag: Disable Spacebar Scroll
Hi, I want to disable spacebar scroll altogether. A bit of googling suggests that so do others. Your extension seems to be the closest thing to modifying this functionality. Are you able to add an option to disable spacebar scroll altogether? Thanks mate, Daniel
- (2014-05-20, v:0.1.5) Tariq Qureshi: Breaking Gmail
When you go to type a message, it won't let you use the spacebar to put spaces between words.
- (2014-03-28, v:0.1.5) Joshua Arenson: Disable scroll
I have been looking for a plugin that disables spacebar scrolling. Any way to make that an option? If your project is open source, I'd happily propose a patch.
- (2013-03-30, v:0.1.5) 54 SinSin: thx you so much
i am using your "scroll half page" and "find link select", it works great and very useful for me. no one make this but you. sometimes a little effort makes the world better!
- (2013-02-03, v:0.1.3) Gerrit Vromant: Spacebar
Hi, Would it be possible to assign this to the spacebar itself, and not CTRL + spacebar? Maybe in the options? That would be great. Thanks, Gerrit Vromant