The chrome extension to expand your vocabulary and master the language expressions. Available on Netflix, Prime Video and Disney+
Learn new languages as you watch your favourite movies and TV shows on Netflix, Prime Video and Disney+ Masterlang allows you to consistently expand your vocabulary and master the language expressions. Besides providing an instant translation of subtitles, Masterlang empowers you to build and track your own vocabulary making learning fun and effective. Try now the extension for free. New! - Export your personal dictionary to flashcards (Compatible with Anki, Quizlet, Tinycards and Brainscape) - Amazon Prime Video and Disney+ are now supported - Set up your daily objective and make learning new terms a habit - Train your listening skills by playing again specific subtitles Please note that you need: - an active account on Netflix, Prime Video or Disney+ - subtitles enabled Languages supported: Albanian Afrikaans Arabic Armenian Azerbaijan Basque Belarusian Bosnian Bulgarian Catalan Chinese Croatian Czech Danish Dutch English Estonian Finish French Galician Georgian German Greek Gujarati Haitian (Creole) Hindi Hungarian Icelandic Indonesian Irish Italian Japanese Kazakh Korean Kyrgyz Latin Latvian Lithuanian Macedonian Malagasy Malay Maltese Mongolian Norwegian Panjabi Persian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Serbian Slovakian Slovenian Spanish Swahili Swedish Tagalog Tajik Tatar Thai Turkish Ukrainian Uzbek Vietnamese Welsh Yiddish
- (2020-02-23) DIO: does not work on Japanese for me. that is the only problem with it. it would be 5 out of 5 if it got fixed.
- (2018-12-29) Ben Gaskin: Doesn't work for Japanese as far as I can tell, I see someone else said it doesn't work for simplified chinese. So maybe this extension only works for european languages?
- (2016-11-17) Colin Sampaleanu: Updated 2016-11-17: The new version seems to work ok for me now. The popup dictionary page is no longer blank, and it seems to properly default to "Spanish-English" as the dictionary for the show I tried watching. One tip to other people using this plugin. If you use Anki flashcards, you can also install the "Anki Adder" extension in Chrome. Then, when you are watching a movie on Netflix with the Tranflix extension and bring up the dictionary box for a word you do not know, you can add that word to Anki by right clicking on it in the dictionary box. Original review: Unfortunately the translation function simply does not work for me... I have enabled Tranflix, and when I click on the Spanish word at the top of the screen, the translation window either opens up blank (all white), or with a random language (e.g. Italian to English, Romanian to English, etc.) instead of Spanish to English. I can not even try to manually change the language in that window myself and press the search icon, that doesn't seem to work either, although that would not be a workable solution anyway. I did not get a reply from the developer. I would suggest that if he charges a monthly fee for usage of the extension (which I paid) he needs to provide support...
- (2020-06-20, v:1.4.18) Fabio Dourado: I've already subscribed, but the trial button still appears and I can't see the translations.
I've already subscribed, but the trial button still appears and I can't see the translations.
- (2020-05-27, v:1.4.12) Zack Dubnoff: Deactivating the extension
Is there a way of turning it on and off without uninstalling? Also, once I pause and invoke the subtitle, it's not clear how to get back to the movie.
- (2019-04-18, v:1.4.2) Tranflix extension
Walter, I still can not find your Tranflix Chrome extension. Please provide a Chrome extension I can load on my pc. Thanks
- (2019-04-13, v:1.4.2) Starting to use Tranflix
Can not find extension for Tranflix in Chrome, or as an App in the Chrome store. How do I access Tranflix without a desktop appearance?
- (2019-01-31, v:1.3.2) Mr E Baird: getting the extension
I have tried to get the extension on a Desktop PC, a laptop and a chromebook. The 'try now' button is greyed out and can't be clicked. Love the idea for the extension.
- (2018-12-02, v:1.3.2) Nathan Cain: Not working with Simplified Chinese
At the top left of the screen it says: "translated subtitle". It doesn't show a translation.
- (2018-08-20, v:1.2.14) andrea mastrangelo: blank page of dictionary
Hi, When I hit pause, and the English subtitles are shown at the top, and then I click on a word, the dictionary box comes up, blank, and then after perhaps 30-60 seconds, there is an error shown in it, as follows. The request could not be satisfied. CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection. If you received this error while trying to use an app or access a website, please contact the provider or website owner for assistance. If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by following steps in the CloudFront documentation Thanks, Andrea
- (2018-05-16, v:1.2.13) X Y: Display Netflix second language instead translating them
If second language subtitles are available, they should be used instead translating them.
- (2017-11-25, v:1.2.10) Colin Sampaleanu: Error with dictionary definition
Hi, There seems to be a partial breakage now, that's been happening for a couple of days. When I hit pause, and the Spanish subtitles are shown at the top, and then I click on a word, the dictionary box comes up, blank, and then after perhaps 30-60 seconds, there is an error shown in it, as follows. Thanks, Colin ---- error: ERROR The request could not be satisfied. CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection. Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront) Request ID: P18aurWSdCqdYRQ8A0qgcAr099B7ShJ3m-Z5HsWbrt8NSgkPwSupJA==
- (2017-11-14, v:1.2.10) James Rafferty: installed but its not working?
i have the tf icon in the browser. I click on it and says choose known language. I click English. But nothing comes up in netflix. Any advice?
- (2017-09-29, v:1.2.8) Colin Sampaleanu: Not working at all at this time
For at least 2-3 weeks now (possibly more, but I didn't try to use the plugin for a while), the plugin hasn't been working. i.e. it doesn't doesn't do anything (e.g. pop up the subtitles at the top of the screen) when you pause the video. The button in the Chrome button bar does pop up the dialog asking for the language you use, but that's it, no visible activity after that.
- (2017-03-26, v:1.2.6) Moulham Junior: 5 Seconds backward button/key mapping
Thanks for this great extensions. I really appreciate all the great work you put into this. I wonder if you can add a button and/or assign left arrow key to go back 5 seconds on Netflix. Many times I miss pausing the video at the right moment. Also, when learning a language I love to hear each phrase over and over again as much as possible; I am sure many people would appreciate it too :) Thanks and keep up the amazing work you are doing!