Highlight, copy, edit, and translate text from any image on the web.
Live Demo: http://projectnaptha.com/ Project Naptha automatically applies state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms on every image you see while browsing the web. The result is a seamless and intuitive experience, where you can highlight as well as copy and paste and even edit and translate the text formerly trapped within an image. Words on the web exist in two forms: there’s the text of articles, emails, tweets, chats and blogs— which can be copied, searched, translated, edited and selected— and then there’s the text which is shackled to images, found in comics, document scans, photographs, posters, charts, diagrams, screenshots and memes. Interaction with this second type of text has always been a second class experience, the only way to search or copy a sentence from an image would be to do as the ancient monks did, manually transcribing regions of interest. You can watch as moving your cursor over a block of words changes it into the little I-beam. You can drag over a few lines and watch as a semitransparent blue box highlights the text, helping you keep track of where you are and what you’re reading. Hit Ctrl+C to copy the text, where you can paste it into a search bar, a Word document, an email or a chat window. Right-click and you can erase the words from an image, edit the words, or even translate it into a different language. Security & Privacy: Project Naptha handles OCR and text detection locally on your computer. When highlighting text, the extension checks a remote server to determine whether a public high quality transcription exists using a cryptographic hash of the URL (this includes no cookies, user tokens, or any identifying information, and the server is incapable of storing access logs). For more information, read the section on security and privacy on http://projectnaptha.com/
- (2020-04-14) TianJu Zhou: 宝藏插件！😍
- (2020-04-10) Tefff dF: La idea es muy buena, demasiado, y justo por eso tiene cientos de fallas con familias tipográficas tan simples como Arial o Comic Sans
- (2020-04-08) Freak Smith: That is awesome but Chinese is disappointing.
- (2020-03-17) Даниил Червяков: Просто какая-то магия! Часто буквы не совпадают, но работает не плохо
- (2020-03-14) Renew Buy: Its Not Working
- (2020-02-21) fan xia: 没有中文可惜了
- (2020-02-17) suke shin: 韓国語を日本語に翻訳しようとしたが上手く作動してくれなかった
- (2020-02-01) Alex Askerman: Seems to have serious problems. Only gotten it to work once or twice, and it doesn't always work later on the same image. Doesn't work with Ctrl-F (search) which makes it more of a toy than a tool.
- (2020-01-19) Lizheng CHEN: Overall, it is a useful OCR tool, but please upgrade the Chinese support since it can hardly recognise Chinese characters at all.
- (2020-01-13) someone: wont translate Korean, but good idea
- (2020-01-11) Fabrice Joseph: Installé et activé pourtant rien fonctionne et je ne peux meme pas acceder au menu options
- (2020-01-09) 凛音: 也就只能识别英文了，切换到中文识别直接Error Network error connecting to remote character recognition service.
- (2020-01-04) rick: Doesn't work
- (2019-12-10) Thu Ngân Nguyễn Hoàng: Nice!! please suppport vietnamese too
- (2019-12-04) Muhammed ALAKUŞ: Please provide Turkish character support now. The year will be 2020.
- (2019-12-04) Mohammad Mollaifar: Highly functional, easy to use, really excellent in any aspect
- (2019-11-24) hawaiisunfun: doesn't work for Internet Archive books
- (2019-11-21) Razvan Florentin Popescu: not working. it selects the text from pic, but it doesnt extract it
- (2019-11-14) Wang Peter: 中文识别率很烂，更改语言也没有提高，英文识别率很强
- (2019-11-08) Rambda: 这你们也不给5分？良心不会痛？ 识别本地图片要在设置里打开“允许访问文件网址”，找不到的问搜索引擎
- (2019-11-04) yarong yin: It's awesome!!
- (2019-10-28) Sheng Wu: 真神器了
- (2019-10-25) P B: 怎么激活插件, 还是自动激活, 有些图片貌似不可以.
- (2019-10-21) lucky li: 测试了两张图：https://img.zcool.cn/community/0182ce5da9a708a801209e1ff9a984.jpg; https://img.zcool.cn/community/0172a35da9a71fa801209e1fe34110.png; 感觉准确率不高。
- (2019-10-21) Rick Stive: 很不错，功能强大