Highlight, copy, edit, and translate text from any image on the web.
Live Demo: http://projectnaptha.com/ Project Naptha automatically applies state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms on every image you see while browsing the web. The result is a seamless and intuitive experience, where you can highlight as well as copy and paste and even edit and translate the text formerly trapped within an image. Words on the web exist in two forms: there’s the text of articles, emails, tweets, chats and blogs— which can be copied, searched, translated, edited and selected— and then there’s the text which is shackled to images, found in comics, document scans, photographs, posters, charts, diagrams, screenshots and memes. Interaction with this second type of text has always been a second class experience, the only way to search or copy a sentence from an image would be to do as the ancient monks did, manually transcribing regions of interest. You can watch as moving your cursor over a block of words changes it into the little I-beam. You can drag over a few lines and watch as a semitransparent blue box highlights the text, helping you keep track of where you are and what you’re reading. Hit Ctrl+C to copy the text, where you can paste it into a search bar, a Word document, an email or a chat window. Right-click and you can erase the words from an image, edit the words, or even translate it into a different language. Security & Privacy: Project Naptha handles OCR and text detection locally on your computer. When highlighting text, the extension checks a remote server to determine whether a public high quality transcription exists using a cryptographic hash of the URL (this includes no cookies, user tokens, or any identifying information, and the server is incapable of storing access logs). For more information, read the section on security and privacy on http://projectnaptha.com/
- (2020-09-23) Mehedi Imroz/HCMP/OPERATIONS/BRAC: This is a superb extension! Just what I was looking for. Made my life easy. A round of applauses for the developers! <3
- (2020-09-12) Ling Nguyễn: Hiển thị thiếu chữ, nhiều font không đọc được
- (2020-09-06) Sulja Rock: used to work but now all the OCR servers are down :(
- (2020-09-04) Steph: Hello, I cannot use this on Mac Chrome, I installed this but it the icone grey out.
- (2020-09-03) Roc Du: 有中文选项但是用不了，提示没有可用的服务器
- (2020-08-18) Alexander Trần: Just delete this extenstion lmao .This app cant even read a Simple Text from image
- (2020-08-15) 汪洪: 有人知道为什么我应用不了呢。就是扩展程序是不可选的状态。
- (2020-08-05) Tiger zen: 非常好用，不过有时会无法识别图片上的文字
- (2020-07-28) Victor Thm.: Error Translation is currently an experimental feature with limited availability. If you're interested in getting this feature enabled for you, please email [email protected]
- (2020-07-22) Katarina Chouri: I spent a long time trying to get this to work and it never did
- (2020-07-20) LaTerrani Strother: Does not work. Tried to search website with no luck getting it to work. Most good reviews came from 4 years ago. I doubt it still works now
- (2020-07-02) Michael: It can't even read English.
- (2020-06-26) anand bhardwaj: worst.
- (2020-04-14) TianJu Zhou: 宝藏插件！😍
- (2020-04-10) Tefff dF: La idea es muy buena, demasiado, y justo por eso tiene cientos de fallas con familias tipográficas tan simples como Arial o Comic Sans
- (2020-04-08) Freak Smith: That is awesome but Chinese is disappointing.
- (2020-03-17) Даниил Червяков: Просто какая-то магия! Часто буквы не совпадают, но работает не плохо
- (2020-03-14) Renew Buy: Its Not Working
- (2020-02-21) fan xia: 没有中文可惜了
- (2020-02-17) suke shin: 韓国語を日本語に翻訳しようとしたが上手く作動してくれなかった
- (2020-02-01) Alex Askerman: Seems to have serious problems. Only gotten it to work once or twice, and it doesn't always work later on the same image. Doesn't work with Ctrl-F (search) which makes it more of a toy than a tool.
- (2020-01-19) Lizheng CHEN: Overall, it is a useful OCR tool, but please upgrade the Chinese support since it can hardly recognise Chinese characters at all.
- (2020-01-13) someone: wont translate Korean, but good idea
- (2020-01-11) Fabrice Joseph: Installé et activé pourtant rien fonctionne et je ne peux meme pas acceder au menu options
- (2020-01-09) 凛音: 也就只能识别英文了，切换到中文识别直接Error Network error connecting to remote character recognition service.