Generate website Furigana by your Japanese level
With ReadNihon you can Automatically create Furigana for any Japanese site. You can change the level of the text to match your Japanese speaking level. It will only generate Furigana for words above your level, so you can decide which Furigana to show! *After you simplify text you can mouseover text and use "ctr + l" keys to add words to your known word list. (control and L on text select) With ReadNihon you can also 1) Create sharable vocabulary lists from your readings. 2) Create known words list that will always be Furigana ignored. 3) Track your known words/Kanji across sites, and make weekly goals. 4) Change reading difficulty level on the fly with the toggle in the plug-in. 5) Learn Japanese (vocabulary and Kanji) by reading what you like. 6) Practice hard words or Kanji with flashcards. *You need to sign in to to use this. Login here: https://www.readnihon.com Why: To use your known word list to exclude from Furigana and English mouseovers, plus other additional features, that would not be possible unless you signed in. v. 2.4 . Better support for adding learned words. v. 1.9 . Clearer messages. Bug fixes. v. 1.8 . After you simplify text you can mouseover and use "ctr + l" keys to add words to your known word list. (control and L on mouseover) v. 1.7 . Support for sites that already have Furigana. v. 1.6 . Many bug fixes. v. 1.4 . You can add words to your known word list on ReadNihon and they will no longer have Furigana or English. v. 1.3 . Levels filter out Furigana by JLPT level
- (2021-04-15) Rankka Apina: The description of the extension was exactly what I was looking for. Too bad I can't get it working.
- (2020-12-01) Dr.Splarf: Didn't work at all. Took too long to simplify, and when it finished, nothing changed.
- (2019-01-24) Gervais Baudry: Many thanks to the team who wrote this extension!!
- (2018-12-10) Ryan Brosnahan: Super useful when you're trying to level-up your kanji skills. Easy and intuitive to use.
- (2018-12-01) Adam Clapsaddle: Great for building your Japanese vocabulary and preparing for the JLPT at any level.
- (2018-12-01) Very helpful extension!!
- (2018-12-01) Frank: I can start learning the kanji at my level from the very start, while reading about what I am interested in. Where has this been my whole life!? Thank you!!
- (2018-11-29) Raiden Faden: Wonderful app, very helpful for learning the difficult words that I just can't get. Very nicely built and fool-proof. Good job team!
- (2018-11-27) Vince Torkelson: Great tool, especially helpful for Mixi where most of my friends will use Kanji that I don't yet know.
- (2018-11-26) Jamie Pelosi: Love it, I have always struggled reading kanji and this extension gives me the ability to understand more about how the characters translate to the phonetic languages. Definitely recommend for anyone learning Japanese.
- (2018-11-25) Sen Flyer: This extension is useful for a variety of users studying Japanese, and the function to customly add which words you already know put it above other similar extensions. The creator listens to user feedback and gives frequent updates to continue improving the extension. The only downside I'd have to mention currently is there are a few cases where the furigana is wrong, but this is more due to context reasons that would be difficult for an automated product to do.
- (2018-11-25) Kaori Benno: This is great for learners and younger Japanese students. Keep up the great work!