Looks up the readings for kanji words and inserts them as furigana
A browser extension allowing the injection of phonetic annotations for Japanese text (furigana) on the fly. Uses the IPADIC Japanese dictionary. * Works locally in your browser - no external server required * Automatically detects pages where furigana insertion is possible * Can switch between displaying the readings as hiragana, katakana or romaji * Persistent mode - extension will add furigana to all pages automatically until turned off * Customisable size and color for furigana * Auto-start option: extension will be turned on automatically from browser startup NEW in version 1.21: * Minor bug fixes
- (2020-01-13) MG K: 不准确 令和标注为りょうわ 祝い标注为わい
- (2019-12-24) eter neety: using Chrome Version 77.0.3865.120. works perfectly
- (2019-11-06) tusher amin: its helpful 役に立つ
- (2019-10-30) zhonghua lu: Helpful and easy!Especially providing kana for kanji long words.
- (2019-09-13) Luis Fernandez: The option to show in romanji is amazing. if I could do the same with hiragana and katakana it would be great.
- (2019-09-09) Baventhiran B: It didn't work for me, even with Rikaikun disabled. Any idea how to make it work? Will re-review once I can make it work. =)
- (2019-09-03) Gavin: It is really is a really great, I love your plugin, I agree with the others, there are situations it makes mistakes, but hopefully i can work it out. Another simple example is 2019/9/5(木) read as き when should be もく but as a developer/creator of a Speak Now Japanese app, I understand its difficult to achieve. Seriously great job
- (2019-08-30) Keiko: とてもすばらしい拡張機能です！ありがとうございます。 かなり難しいことばのふりがなも正しくて驚きました。 非常に基本的なことばですが、「研究」が「けんきわむ」になるのが残念です・・・
- (2019-05-28) Telock: This is a very useful program. Thank you very much. By the way, I believe it would be better if you add a function that whether I can select hiragana. This is because usually, I do not want to select the hiragana when I want to select a sentence to copy it.
- (2019-03-29) lounera: very convenient tool ! Save my time to look up every Japanese words pronounce, thanks a lot dude.
- (2019-03-15) Povar Chan: Please add the block list because some page will cause refreshing all the time. Such as the google search.
- (2019-03-08) Severin Vogt: This is a really good and helpful extension. It's great as a furigana aid, and it is has the right yomi most of the time. It sometimes doesn't work on some sites, and it doesn't usually change color to links, but it is great nevertheless.
- (2019-02-17) Evgeny San: This extension is very helpful! Works perfectly
- (2019-02-08) yahya S. Satturi: Life-Saving plugin very helpful and smooth.
- (2019-01-22) Juan Diaz: Doesn't work on youtube
- (2018-12-23) GalladeGuy: It's a good extension, but I wish there was some way to turn it off for specific websites.
- (2018-12-21) chen weilix: 相當好用!!! But some words are not correct, e.g. "兄様". Is it possible customized or adding new words?
- (2018-10-21) bahrta sai: There needs to be an option to blacklist/automatically disable furigana on certain sites. For example jisho.org automatically shows the furigana so this extension isn't necessary, but sometimes it shows anyway.
- (2018-09-08) 226 ago: 便利で、いいアプリですけど、例えば、大谷を「おおや」とか、野球を「のだま」とか。ちょっとだけ惜しい。
- (2018-07-12) Falcon: Loved it!
- (2018-07-12) Jason Wu: Very useful tool! Thanks
- (2018-06-03) die Doktor: Perhaps a Chrome update has broken it, but extension does not function at all.
- (2018-05-14) Jerry Tu: This sorta works. Often times if I'll need to refresh a page before activating it will work, but it does give me furigana. For beginners it isn't the worst tool available. I've given it a spin for about a while and it works well enough most of the time. It unfortunately isn't accurate all the time, giving uncommon readings rather than common ones sometimes. It will also give two different readings for the same word for unknown reasons. For whatever reason it also reverses the furigana sometimes (ex たし instead of した for 親しい). And it lacks furigana for a lot of basic words. giving a * instead. These problems don't happen too often, but they appear enough that they're very noticeable. For those learning Japanese, I recommend rikaikun or yomichan. They're far more accurate and prevent you from relying on furigana like a crutch. But for those who just want to read a bit, this works decently enough. I'd recommend checking out other ones first though such as Furigana Extension since that works better and seems to be actively worked on. I'm switching over to that one personally for my personal use. I'm only really reviewing this one since it's served me well enough for the time I used it.
- (2018-02-23) Yu Ze: It's working! You just need to check preferences at first.
- (2018-01-20) Juh: Não se esqueça de ativar o app, se não você vai achar que não funcionou xD
- (2019-06-17, v:1.21) James Raymond: I would like option to not put furugana over katakana
I would like furugana only for kanji
- (2019-06-02, v:1.21) ji es: Some Furigana are incorrect.
あの国では、私は外国人だったのでそれなりに扱われた。 In this sentence, it has annotated 外国人 as ___くにじん。 No furigana for 外, and incorrect furigana for 国人. What if there will be instances like this in other words, and I really don't know the correct one, of course I'll follow the one written in this extension. It would also not be practical to check every furigana in a different source and see if it is correct, because if so, then this extension is useless.
- (2018-12-08, v:1.21) 文件自动翻译
点击文件自动备注furigana后 ，网页就一直在备注后和备注前自动切换 循环，，，无法实用
- (2018-09-28, v:1.21) tommai78101: Some very minor suggestion (for extra convenience)
Hoping to see a context menu option (when right-clicking on the extension icon) and have a toggle option to switch from Hiragana to Katakana and vice versa, without having to open the extension options menu
- (2018-01-28, v:1.21) Aditya Athni: Furigana repetition
Each time the extension is turned off and on, the furigana is not only repeated above the text but also copied into the original text and shown is in brackets (as part of the original text). The only way to reset the text, in order to show the original text, is to refresh the page. Please help!!
- (2017-10-02, v:1.21) Francisco Arena: Does not work
IPA Furigana is not working on my Opera browser (chromium based browser).
- (2017-08-18, v:1.21) Someone: Furigana repeats for close proximity kanji
Furigana is repeated multiple times when there are the same kanji in close proximity. http://imgur.com/gallery/Gn7Hb
- (2017-06-04, v:1.21) Ollie: multiple line text
as regarding above. for example in youtube where some comments have 3 lines, some of the bottom text would be cut out as to fill the furigana above.
- (2017-04-20, v:1.21) Brian Skupham: Can't reinstall
A while ago I had a problem installing stuff I shouldn't and the thing took over my browser, now of all the extensions this is the only one that disappeared, I assumed it was erased, but every time I try to reinstall it I get the message "Attempted to Downgrade Extension", know a way to fix this?
- (2017-03-11, v:1.21) Ivan Lai: Size of furigana
The size of furigana doesn't become smaller than default even though I've adjusted the setting. (in contrast, it works when it's adjusted to a larger size)