Change YouTube(TM) videos volume and seek with your mouse
With Mouse Controls for YouTube™ you can change the volume and seek with your mouse. NOTE: I had to change the permissions for this extension to run on every website. Mostly because I want to have this controls on other websites that use the same video player as YouTube. If you don't want that, you can change the permissions in the extension settings in the extensions section and only allow youtube.com or whatever. === HOW TO USE === * !!!IMPORTANT!!! Make sure to go to the settings page and setup the extension first thing. * After installing the app, refresh your YouTube™ page. The controls should be active now. * Hover over the player and use your mouse scroll to change the volume. * To seek click the middle button once, then scroll. this will move your seek forward or backward in time. === NEW RELEASE === v. 1.2.4 - Bug fixes I created this extension because I personally needed this feature. Since its initial creation it got a lot better and got many features based on user requests. If you feel like is not working for you, leave a comment and I'll try to fix the issue. === PAST RELEASES === v. 1.2.3 - Added Youtube Music functionality - Bug fixes - Todo: build the HUD v. 1.2.2 - Bug fix v. 1.2.1 - Fuck, I forgot about the Seek fix v. 1.2.0 - Stable Logarithmic volume - Fix fast scrolling volume bug v. 1.1.2 - various bug fixes per user feedback. thanks all - Wait for Volume (experimental). Mute tab by default and unmute when ready (bacause of a small lag beteen the youtube player and when the extension loads) - Logarithmic volume (experimental). See the settings page. v. 1.1.1 - fix for new UI youtube.com/new v. 1.1.0 - attempt to fix loosing volume value after tab restart - new option "Font Thickness" - misc fixes v. 1.0.9 - added ability to position the volume hud on all four corners of the video v. 1.0.8 - removed white percentage bar per user requests - added "Fix the fucking annotations" feature. Check it out on the options page v. 1.0.7 - Seek progress on screen initial release - other bug fixes v. 1.0.6 - Percentages on screen stable release - options page stability improvements - other bug fixes v. 1.0.5 - new feature: Percentages on screen (beta). How it works: Go to the options page and enable this feature. You need to set it up. Go ahead and change this settings however you feel like. - options page stability improvements - other bug fixes v. 1.0.4 - hunting down a bug v. 1.0.3 - added volume percentage feature. It will be visible on the player control bar. v. 1.0.2 - added seek only feature (see the option page) - added reverse volume scroll feature (see the option page) - added reverse seek scroll feature (see the option page) - known bug, gaming YouTube™ stop working in some instances. Ill have to wait for the guys from YouTube™ to stop messing with the code. v. 1.0.1 - volume bug fix v. 1.0.0 - Version 1, YAY!! - minor improvements v. 0.9.9 - Volume bug fix v. 0.9.8 - Added support for gaming.youtube.com - Permissions updates v. 0.9.7 - Permissions updates v. 0.9.6 - Added Volume Only feature - Minor fixes v. 0.9.5 - volume and seek options page fix v. 0.9.4 - adding proper branding v. 0.9.3 - adding proper attribution v. 0.9.2 - small bug fix v. 0.9.1 - added options page. To access it type chrome://extensions in the address bar - Use Volume Controls by default - Use Seek Controls by default - Volume sensitivity - Seek sensitivity v. 0.1.5 - bug fix - seek doesn't keep track of the current time (thanks the community for reporting this bug) v. 0.1.4 - bug fix #17 - volume not working with the flash player v. 0.1.3 - code cleanup v. 0.1.2 - HTML 5 player bug fixed v 0.1.1 - initial release - scroll up and down to change volume - click the middle mouse then scroll up and down to change seek YouTube™ is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
- (2020-09-23) Rudhra Raveendran: Works as advertised (I'm just using it for volume control). I used to use Magic Actions but that extension got super spammy and showed ads whenever I opened chrome so I switched to this. Only issue is the volume sensitivity isn't accurate, as the volume change seems to fire twice for each tick of my scroll wheel. I.e. I set my volume sensitivity to 5, and when I scroll it changes by 10 (I tested this out by setting it to 4 and 3 and those changed volume by 8 and 6 respectively).
- (2020-09-14) DicerX: Suddenly stop working, will try to reinstall but it is a little frustrating.
- (2020-09-05) Kokodjo: Funktioniert nicht richtig.
- (2020-07-31) Anti Fashist: Используют для перемотки вперед назад, пока всё отлично работает!
- (2020-07-14) linkenparis: I used to use Magic Actions for YouTube™ but it adds a bunch of useless features, and is kinda bugged (doesn't display correctly) but i really like the way you could control the volume with the scroll wheel. This is exactly what this extension does. I recommend it 100% :)
- (2020-07-01) Martin: The volume sensitivity is actually double of what you select. I selected 5 and it adjusts by 10 instead. Otherwise it works fine.
- (2020-06-23) WendyClear: Amazing extenstion! Just what I was looking for, thanks. Watching Pewdiepie playthroughs, I like being able to jump ahead 5 or 10 secs at a time at will during lulls without having to lean forward and use the arrow keys on the keyboard. Once you add the extension. Go to Chrome menu - more tools - extensions - find the Youtube Mouse controls extension - click details - click extension options. Here's where you can select to use seek or volume controls by default, as well as adjusting sensitivity. Again great thanks, Christi!
- (2020-04-15) Lucaboox: Does not work on vivaldi
- (2020-02-29) Dovanotas Pavardenis: Didn't worked at beginning now it works great. You need to go to settings and click on Use Volume Controls. Works now. Big thanks to developer. You need to use bitcoin or litecoin wallet to get tips from people additional: Yes you need to select both Use Volume Controls as default and works as charm. Brave browser and chrome
- (2020-02-06) Magor József Sándor Hegedűs: Awesome Plugin! I was looking exactly for this Functions. The only thing i cant use the change between volume and seek functions. I tried all combinations which i could: - click the middle button, then scroll - click the middle button and hold, and scroll - click the middle button and hold + move the mouse, and scroll... Any ideas for this Issue?
- (2020-01-23) Nidboj132: its great and very useful when i want exact volume like 1% but theres a huge problem. For some reason it mutes my youtube site completely, i dont know why it happens. It never happend when i was using laptop but now when i have a desktop pc it just doesnt work
- (2020-01-01) Elsen: Works 50% of the time. And when it works it goes 10% steps up not 5% like i set it to.
- (2019-12-08) Jay Kay: Middle Click to Switch Between Volume & Seek (Seek & Volume) have been NOT working for many months. Can you please fix it
- (2019-12-06) ardalan mansouri: Dear Cristi, well done for your great job. The only issue I encountered is regarding the seeking sec options. when I choose 1 sec in the extension option, wheel scrolling skips 2 sec instead of 1, and by choosing 2 sec in the option menu, even very tiny mouse scrolling seeks 4 sec, and etc. So it's not possible to seek forward/backward for odd numbers. Would it be possible for you to fix this too please?
- (2019-11-30) •̀҉МЕ҉Х҉А҉Н҉И҉З҉М҉Ы҉ ҉Р҉А҉Д҉О҉С҉Т҉И҉•̀: Great extension, best for my needs! But! After last update to 1.2.4 the Mouse Controls does not work correctly with active ANY AdBlock Extention, for example: - AD Guard https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adguard--adblocker/bgnkhhnnamicmpeenaelnjfhikgbkllg - AdBlocker Ultimate https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblocker-ultimate/ohahllgiabjaoigichmmfljhkcfikeof - Fair AdBlocker https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fair-adblocker/lgblnfidahcdcjddiepkckcfdhpknnjh 1. Despite the fact that in the settings the adjustment step 1 is set, the volume changes with step 2, if I set step 2, the volume changes with step 4, etc. 2. The middle button does not work to switch to seek mode. If I set the default seek mode in the settings, the seek works, but does not switch through the middle button to the volume control mode. And seek work like volume too -- step 2 if set 1 etc. If I completely disable AdBlock extensions, the Mouse Controls works just fine! Reinstalling the extension and new configuration does not solve the problem. Chrome to Version Version 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit) *Is it possible to fix it and are you going to try to do it?*
- (2019-11-29) Evanrevvin: This extension will add: &tag=tvshowreminders-20 to the end of amazon extensions. It is an affiliate link which breaks some amazon links. But also just super not cool to add it without permission. Please don't support this extension. It didn't use to do this.
- (2019-11-17) Dimitrija Popovski: It keeps doubling the volume sensitivity. If I set it to 5, when I scroll once it goes up 10%, if I set it to 6, it goes up 12% etc. Edit: It was fixed, it now works as it should be.
- (2019-11-16) Leo Keogh: Great extension but I have a weird bug in Google search results when this extension is active: when I click on an amazon link in the search results it opens amazon 404 page because the link has the param "&tag=tvshowreminders-20" ... chrome version 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2019-11-09) ArtDor: It does not work sometimes when I click outside the browser. Amazon links in google search do not work (when I click on a n amazon product link in google search, It redirects me to amazon "Sorry we couldn’t find that page").
- (2019-11-09) JK 92: I just found out that this extension has been the cause of so much frustration for me. When watching a video on YouTube and opening a new tab, especially when having 2 separate browser windows open, it will mute the tab where the video you're currently watching is, until you manually unmute the tab again. But I have to admit that the problem could be on my end as well, because I am in fact using Microsoft Edge Chromium, and not Google Chrome, hence the 4 stars and not lower. Because other than the issue I'm facing, the extension seems pretty great.
- (2019-11-01) KZHR: この拡張機能は悪質なアドウェアですのでインスト―ルすべきではありません。 既に英文でのレビューが投稿されていますが、同内容を日本語で追記します。 この拡張機能はAmazonのリンクに広告クエリを追加します。またその広告は機能していないため、Amazonへのリンクは全て壊れたリンクとなってしまいます。これらを停止させるためには、\odhhfodnkaidhocaaaokdofhkoiahpbn\1.2.4_0\scripts\injected.jsの266行目から277目と、261行目を削除してください。 面倒な方は深く考える必要はありません、単純に拡張機能ごと削除してしまいましょう。
- (2019-10-25) Konstantin KotSk8er: fix volume memory bug. 🙏🙏🙏
- (2019-10-03) Sagun Manandhar: It would be great to have it work only with filter like middle mouse or right mouse. You already have middle mouse filter but it's useless because it's secondary. Primary will be used without filter. If we can bind both primary and secondary with filters that would be great. Then we can scroll the page as well without moving the move away from the video frame. Also would be great to have it work on all video frames not just in youtube. Like in on of the firefox addon..
- (2019-09-24) Nathan Wilding: Was working great and my most used Chrome add on. Now I have to remove it. Use to work correctly and scroll wheel would go 5% like I set it to, followed directions and will not update or save my changes in settings. It now will only go 10% and that is not the purpose for me. 5% is perfect and without that working, I cannot see myself using this again.
- (2019-09-23) 山田ハヤオ: This extension modifies links to Amazon to place ads. And this ad is not working properly and will break the link. To make it work properly, delete lines 266 to 277 and 261 in \odhhfodnkaidhocaaaokdofhkoiahpbn\1.2.4_0\scripts\injected.js
- (2020-08-07, v:1.2.5) kliop00023: leave a comment?
Nah, it makes me feel stupid as I'm only able to be leaving the "codes" below lol TLDR, don't blame me :P Thanks for this great ext. I hope you are still reading/in development tho... Denying load of chrome-extension://odhhfodnkaidhocaaaokdofhkoiahpbn/scripts/jquery.js. Resources must be listed in the web_accessible_resources manifest key in order to be loaded by pages outside the extension. of /*! jQuery v3.2.1 | (c) JS Foundation and other contributors | jquery.org/license */ in https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=*
- (2020-04-24, v:1.2.5) Marcy Rice: Mouse
I am unable to use the mouse to scroll. The up and down arrows are now only letting me see one or 2 posts. It was letting me see an entire page yesterday.
- (2020-03-08, v:1.2.5) Tomáš Frixs: Volume sensitivity is bugged
If I set the sensitivity to any level the sensitivity change is multiplied by 2. My set sensitivity is set to 1, but the change is 2. If I set it to 5, the change is by 10 and so on. It does not happen immediately and I don't know the cause. Anyway, I have to restart the whole browser to fix it.
- (2020-01-27, v:1.2.5) Brendan Trevett: Volume sensitivity
It would be great if the volume sensitivity was the same as the value selected, for example if i set it to 5, then it should go up in increments of 5
- (2020-01-03, v:1.2.5) Tomáš Frixs: Volume Scroll
Add more options for scroll-to-change-volume. There is only 1 option. Scrolling over a video. Make option to scroll-to-change-volume only over speaker icon.
- (2019-12-06, v:1.2.5) Anthony Zenrick: Volume control steps.
Volume control stepping shouldn't be an apparently arbitrary "sensitivity" selection. It should be percentage based. 1%, 2%, 5%, 10%
- (2019-12-04, v:1.2.5) Sakke L.: Version nr 1.25 out, but settings say 1.23
I tried removing the 1.23 and install the new 1.25 but still when I go to settings, on top of the page it says 1.23.
- (2019-11-09, v:1.2.4) ArtDor: Very simple fix for annoying problem
Amazon links in google search do not work (when I click on a n amazon product link in google search, It redirects me to amazon "Sorry we couldn’t find that page"). This extension appears to add "&tag=tvshowreminders-20" at the end of the url bar to amazon page. For example: https://www.amazon.com/Man-Who-Solved-Market-Revolution/dp/073521798X https://www.amazon.com/Man-Who-Solved-Market-Revolution/dp/073521798X&tag=tvshowreminders-20 https://www.amazon.com/Power-Cord-US-Black-PRONG/dp/B00023JDPI https://www.amazon.com/Power-Cord-US-Black-PRONG/dp/B00023JDPI&tag=tvshowreminders-20 To fix just comment out the "dom()" on line 261 of the scripts/injected.js file.
- (2019-10-28, v:1.2.4) Νικόλαος: Dont work properly
The addon works only when i start youtube from my first page. When i open a video from an other site or by opening youtube in another page it stops to run.
- (2019-10-02, v:1.2.4) Sakke L.: Scroll wheel for volume / right button + scroll wheel for seeking
Scroll wheel for volume / right button + scroll wheel for seeking. To get rid of clicking the scroll wheel.
- (2019-10-02, v:1.2.4) Sakke L.: volume and seeking choice made by hovering mouse over left or right side of the video
Could this work just by hovering mouse over one side of the video, lets say left half of the video is for seeking and right side is for volume and when you hover mouse over lets say left half of the video and by scrolling mouse wheel it seeks without needing to click the scroll wheel to choose the option?
- (2019-10-02, v:1.2.4) Sakke L.: Only volume or seeking works, not both at the same time most of the time
It started about a month ago, until that everything worked as it should. Almost all the time now only one of the options works (depending which one I have chosen to use as a default). Seldom out of the blue sky one video here and there happen to work with both seek and volume controls.
- (2019-09-21, v:1.2.4) Benjamin Dunlop: Volume Sensitivity Multiplied by 2
With the newest update the volume scroll as follows: (volume sensitivity) * 2 So 1 scrolls by 2, 3 scrolls by 6, etc. Please change it back to scrolling by the actual value it's set to; when you get the chance. Thanks
- (2019-09-20, v:1.2.4) Carl Quartermaine: Extension breaks Amazon Links from Google Search
When this extension is enabled it appears to be breaking Amazon.co.uk links when clicked through a Google Search (Possibly effects other sites also). The cause seems to be due to adding the tag "&tag=tvshowreminders-20" to the URL. When disabling the extension or limiting it to YouTube only this issue no longer happens.
- (2019-08-26, v:1.2.3) Vark Vark: Possible to add an option for a "set" or "default" volume level that each video will start with?
I often seem to experience an issue where I'm watching/listening to YouTube on autoplay and, without fail, there will be at least one or two videos that are so quiet compared to others, that I end up having to max out the volume just to hear anything. Then the video either ends more abruptly than I expected, or I just plain forget that my volume is maxed out, and the next video begins, whilst simultaneously causing my ear drums to make the conscious decision to end it all right then and there, and paint the walls of my inner ears with bits and fragments of themselves. If there was a way that each video could start at a user-set volume level (30% for example), regardless of whether I took it all the way up to 100% on the previous video or not, well that would just be the bees knees.
- (2019-08-18, v:1.2.3) Super User: Volume control works on YouTube Music but doesn't update volume UI
Volume control works on YouTube Music but doesn't update volume UI (default volume seekbar)
- (2019-06-23, v:1.2.3) Aleksander Janicki: right click
change scroll with right click: hold-right-mouse and moving it left or right to change volume