Remove Donald Trump from the Internet.
In a culture fueled by celebrity and an electorate engineered for polarity, how can any one in these United States of America be surprised by the campaign of Donald J. Trump? Minted by shady back room real estate, distributed by reality television and crowned by incessant polling of ultra-early primary voters, Trump is the latest, hilarious permutation of American leadership. He is not the candidate we need, but surely the one we deserve. In a political atmosphere where ascendance can be manufactured through attention, the only way to deflate Trump's political star is through suffocation. Trump can only lose if we turn off the TV. Thus, the Trump Filter is presented as part of the antidote for this toxic candidacy. This Chrome extension will identify parts of a web page likely to contain Donald Trump and erase them from the Internet. Share with your friends and eliminate the only currency Trump can spend to win: brand recognition. RELEASE LOG: 1.0.1 - Changed default filter setting to "Mild." 1.1 - Fixed some bugs on news sites. 1.1.1 - jQuery version bump.
- (2022-12-10) Максим К: Part of Globallist Dectatorship censor program
- (2021-12-30) Sebastian L.: This is stupid!!!!! How about remove Biden from Internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????
- (2020-12-07) Dan Geiger: Not ready for prime time. Either blocks sites entirely, or lets the dreaded T-word through.
- (2020-10-06) Jake Doran: It's a shame this filter is very indiscriminate. I had very high hopes, but in the current version, even an unrelated mention of Trump clears the whole page. Try bbc.co.uk/news (which honestly should've been a test case for you, the developer(s), cmon homie(s)...) and you'll see that if trump is in the "Top stories" that's found beside every article, then the days news will entirely disappear. You were so close, but have completely failed. Maybe in v2...
- (2020-09-07) Asha Daryanani: It worked really well for a while until I would open specific articles and pages, they would load for a second, and then the screen would go blank. The article has nothing to do with politics, but suggested articles mentioned the name, so the entire page disappeared. I could only open them in incognito mode and then I realized what was going on. The extension "Remove D***** T**** from Facebook" works better for me.
- (2020-08-31) Richard Ennis: It didn't work at all.
- (2020-07-13) David Wheelen: removes content from whole websites making them unusable and completely blank.
- (2020-06-29) Sarsaparilla Sunset: This extension is perfect for little snowflakes who are easily triggered by anything that violates their flimsy delusional utopian worldview. So instead of engaging on a rational level complex issues and controversial opinions, this wonderful extension allows one to pretend they don't exist. If you have Trump Derangement Syndrome, install this extension for instant relief!
- (2020-02-17) Eben “EbenFrostey” Selker: Simply not good enough, in its current state. Even though i appreciate the care the developer has given in the past, the software available on this page feels badly maintained, and has been for too long. That is all.
- (2020-01-08) Eric Zhang: useless. blocked out pretty much everything
- (2019-12-10) amrom lebovits: we have already the fake news
- (2019-09-25) Russell Westerman: Great for the computer, if I need news I will at the newspaper.
- (2019-09-10) Jillian Andrus: Other reviews are correct that it does block out entire news sites, it includes anything related to the upcoming election. Googling candidate names, 2020, or most controversial topics (gun control, abortion, etc.) will block out a lot of results even if they don't mention him. However, it's super easy to toggle back on and off so if you just need a break from politics in general it's easy to flip on and off as needed. I would love it if they could improve it to not block out all articles but it's nice to use for taking small political breaks.
- (2019-07-29) Michael McDowell: This works very well for me. I had to toggle the filter setting from mild to aggressive and back to mild and reload the page after installation. Otherwise, this makes reading CNN.com possible for me again! Thank you!
- (2018-08-18) Jonathan Kovacs: I hate Turmp tired of seeing his ugly smirk and fat face on my computer!
- (2018-03-08) James Allen: Nice idea, but implementation is too much "hammer" and not enough "scalpel". Blocks entire news sites when all I really want to eliminate is politics from my homepage.
- (2018-01-12) Matthew Floyd: The best - truly the very best. covfefe.
- (2017-12-06) Rosie: god bless who ever made this
- (2017-11-06) Adam Brown: Seems to be filtering everything even articles I've just read that have no mention of Trump whatsoever.
- (2017-10-24) Jin Eve: There are glithces, but I just love the concept!
- (2017-07-25) Shane Spitzer: Was actually too aggressive. Blocked my whole my.yahoo page and EVERY RSS feed, not just ones with references to Trump. Uninstalled.
- (2017-07-12) Josh George: removed entire web pages such as yahoo, so i can't look at anything, trump related or not...
- (2017-07-07) Pris Tran: It totally blanked out any webpage that might have a hint of Trump on it. It's not practical and needs work. But I'm grateful to not see Trump on my internet anymore.
- (2017-06-30) Craig Fink: Removes too much.
- (2017-05-01) Daniel Aaron Ruth: Not working at all.
- (2017-04-25) DeeAnne Herron: Still seeing Trump Trump Trump news everywhere I look.
- (2017-04-21) Joe Segal: This blanks out the entire page where Trump is mentioned which is not great! wish it could recursively remove his mentions. More so I want something to remove Trump tweets from twitter. Anyone know of anything?
- (2017-03-22) Andreas Tofaris: This is the first ever review i write ever. I needed that in my life. Its my "maintaining my sanity" tool
- (2017-03-16) Caroline Harris: in alignment with other reviwers, i wish it would just take out the 45 content, not the entire page lol. maybe the author should check with the folks who made the 'stop normalizing alt right' extension
- (2017-03-03) Chris Lutka: Along with others, I, too, was disappointed to discover that all page contents were removed upon any mention of Trump. If you play a card game using a trump suit, those webpage results were filtered as well. I would rather have paragraphs of text removed than the entire body of the website.
- (2017-02-22) León van de Pavert: Disappointingly slows down my already slow PC and only tells me there is a mention of Trump on every page. Duh, I can see he's on every page. Why isn't the (partial) content removed, as the extension promises?
- (2017-02-17) Está buena pero no me gusta que tapen la pagina completa y no solo la parte en la que se habla de el, me tapa paginas como youtube donde no puedo ver ningun video porque hay uno de el.
- (2017-02-16) LuisRojas MX: Is really good, we need to keep alive and up to date. Some websites got completely blocked or erased parts. Understandable because it's everywhere now! I suggest an option to fast turn off and on, to solve it.
- (2017-02-15) Victor Levin: Doesn't work. Breaks pages. Don't install.
- (2017-01-30) Justin Joyce: Can't stand that imbecile, glad this plugin exists! Yes it removes the entire page but at least you don't have to even glance at that ridiculous hair and orange tint. It would be nice if you put a notice in place declaring that the plugin has done it's work. But the pros outweigh the cons in my books!
- (2017-01-28) SophieTheBagel1984: If Donald shows up ANYWHERE on the page, instead of blocking just that instance, it blocks out the whole page. I did a search on doomsday clock and just got a blank page because Donald was mentioned. Would be five stars if it only blocked out that one instance, but it blocks out the whole page. Even on pages where he is mentioned ONCE, it gets blocked out.
- (2020-08-18, v:1.1.2) Schenn: Technically works
On youtube, instead of just hiding the trump ad, it hides the entire youtube feed lol.
- (2020-04-04, v:1.1.2) grady price blount: How download?
- (2020-02-19, v:1.1.1) Dallas Deich: cry babys
seriously this is a thing, are you people so unpatriotic and weak you need to filter out your president ?
- (2019-11-05, v:1.1.1) Robert Smith: Please block all Dems and Repubs
Please block all fascist leaders all together: Democrats & Republicans.
- (2018-07-17, v:1.1.1) Sara Foster: Hides all news, most links
When I just installed all news and most google tabs show completely empty.
- (2018-03-18, v:1.1.1) Sandra Sanders: how do I
Is it possible to turn this off and on? It eliminates most of Google News. A sad commentary on our times - but occasionally I'd like to catch up.
- (2018-03-08, v:1.1.1) Changes
I want to use this sometimes. How do I turn it on and off? I use it on Chrome when viewing Huffington. I read to right click on the icon, but I don't see an icon.
- (2018-01-11, v:1.1.1) jmitterii2: Removes all of Youtube
Needs to do better at filtering, just blocks youtube.
- (2017-12-29, v:1.1.1) Paul Stone: Blanks slashdot.org
Slashdot.org website is completely blanked out. Plugin needs to do a better job of handling news aggregators such as Slashdot and news.google.com
- (2017-12-16, v:1.1.1) Adair Jones: uninstall
How do I uninstall?
- (2017-11-29, v:1.1.1) Raul Rangel: Works but some issues
I'm going to FB and it's all blank but if I click on the FB icon on the corner it works fine. Does need some fixing but love the idea will continue to use it. Just tired of hearing about this idiot.
- (2017-10-19, v:1.1.1) Patricia Gander Rich: trump filter
How do I uninstall?
- (2017-07-07, v:1.1.1) Pris Tran: I can't see anything on any webpages.
The filter blanks out entire webpages that have even a hint of Trump. I'd like to read medical and scientific news, but can't. The filter blocks it all even on mild setting.
- (2017-05-13, v:1.1.1) Narciso Carlos: Small request
Can you just make it so it changes "Trump" to "Dumb dumb" everywhere I go? I'd be forever grateful to you. I, like many Americans, am OBLIGATED to read all news related to this guy, but I hate seeing his name. All I need is a lil Trump Band-aid? On my internetz? Please? Sincerely, - Concerned Citizen (Narciso)