Just the Facts highlights key information (quotes, names, numbers, dates) in clear, bold colors, enabling both the casual news…
Just the Facts highlights key information (quotes, names, numbers, dates) in clear, bold colors, enabling both the casual news reader and hardcore news junkie to glean the gist of a webpage at a glance. Cut through the cruft and get straight to the cold, hard facts. By default, Just the Facts is activated for a selection of popular news sites such as The New York Times, The Economist, and The Washington Post, but this list can easily be modified via the options screen (accessible from the Chrome extensions menu).
- (2014-04-09) This is an excellent tool for getting to the key points within articles. People & Places are highlighted blue, date and times in green, quotes in red and numbers and figures in purple. I have added wikipedia and other sites through the options. This is a must for students and researchers!
- (2014-01-31) Alain Kalker: Nice extension. Please consider adding support for searching for the highlighted names, dates, places in Wikipedia, NNDB, Google, etc.
- (2013-11-14) Phineas Fiske: This extension seems to highlight names, quotes and dates. It does not make judgments about what is important in a news story, nor could it. Not useful. Will remove.
- (2013-11-08) Kiwon Yun: Great idea, I see a lot of potential! Looking forward to more updates (-:
- (2013-10-21) ayin127: It's really useful when it comes to reading news concisely and precisely at the same time!
- (2013-10-19) Timmy Liu: It's great, now I can just skim through the news and still get all the important facts!
- (2012-03-31) Jamie McGrath: Feature suggestion would be to allow users to pick their own colors for things etc Thanks