This extension allows saving of any Instagram or Flickr image via a single click on the context menu.
This extension is the only way to immediately save any image from Instagram or Flickr with a single right-click context menu click! Images from the main feed, a post or photo's page, or a user's overview or favorites page will save directly to your browser's default download location when you click on the option this extension adds to the right-click context menu. Version 1.0 added support for saving from the Timeline and Post Instagram pages Version 1.1 added support for saving from the user overview page Version 1.2 added support for higher quality, un-cropped images Version 1.3 fixed the plugin for Instagram's updated page layout model Version 1.4-5 updated name and logos in response to trademark complaint from Instagram Version 1.6 fixed handling for new types of videos Version 1.7 IG changed their app, and I can no longer modify the URL to get the un-cropped version, so this update gets the version currently loaded on your screen (if you click on a picture from a timeline to see it large, it'll grab the full version). I'm looking into a solution, but none are obvious. Version 1.8 Chrome v65 changed the behavior of <a> downloads in a way that broke this (opening images in a new tab rather than downloading them) - the download logic has been modified so that things work properly again. As an added bonus, the source user's name is now prefixed onto the file name. Version 1.9 changed the download logic because of another Chrome update that broke the previous download type Version 2.0 added the ability to download from Flickr Version 2.1 fixed an odd bug Version 2.2 updated the IG save logic for videos due to updated website structure Version 2.3 fixed a bug downloading videos with no comments Version 2.4 fixed a user-reported issue where file extensions had characters appended to them Version 2.5 added a "Labs" menu item off the main icon with in-development features - SaveStorm: When checked, any single click on IG or Flickr is interpreted as a download request. Works properly, but needs to be only enabled for short periods. - DL All Flickr: saves all open Flickr single-image tabs at one go. Still buggy when pulling large numbers down. Version 2.6 makes the Ctrl+Click (open in new tab) block that IG put in place work properly again Version 2.7 fixed an issue where videos downloaded from IG would have characters after the file extension Version 2.8 fixed an issue where clicking within a tag on the image would prevent the download from working Version 2.9 added the ability to download full-resolution photos or videos from Instagram Stories by left-clicking on the application icon in the top bar during playback Version 2.10 fixed video downloads Version 2.11 Added the ability to download IG TV posts Version 2.12 Updated the logic used to retrieve the username for the file prefix based on updates to IG's page structure Version 2.13 Updated the username retrieval logic when the page structure changed again Version 2.14 Updated IG Story photo retrieval logic based up an updated page structure Version 2.15 Included substantial updates around logic used with IG to retrieve video URLs, made necessary by some functionalities I was using being deprecated Version 2.16 Updated IG story retrieval logic to retrieve the highest-res image, and fixed saving videos from multi-image posts and from a user profile page based on structure changes Version 2.17 Updated image URL retrieval logic to pull from sourceset if available, fixed video URL retrieval from profile page, fixed video URL retrieval from main feed when after the initial set of posts. Version 2.18 Turned off debug log that I accidentally left enabled and caused extra noise in the console.
- (2021-06-29) Ezra Nicoloso: this extension didn't work, on Flickr i right clicked an image then i clicked the option that said "save Flickr image" but it didn't do anything Edit: it works now I found a way to make it work I wasn't patient enough it works perfectly
- (2021-03-23) Stefan Adrian: It's still working as of March 2021, however: 1) Images downloaded is smaller than the original. I know this from comparing images downloaded form a 3rd party app. Slightly smaller but it's a little annoying. Can there be a fix where you (Dan) pick up the url for the original dimension/size? 2) You cannot download video. I kept getting either the .jpg thumbnail or .htm. Is there a fix for this? I've tried it from my main page and even going to the user's direct site. Thank you. EDIT: 1) Maximum height for instagram images that can be downloaded seems to be 1350. With another 3rd party app, I can download the same image with a height of 1700. 2) Some videos can be downloaded, but some cannot such as this one (if you can see the url): https://www.instagram.com/p/CMt4SUFLvMV/
- (2021-02-09) Leonid Toprover: Перепробовал много (для Инстаграм в Chrome, Windows 7). Пока это лидер. Плюсы, отличающие от других. 1. Фото и видео. 2. Фото в полном размере прямо из ленты, а не только из профиля - не все расширения могут! 3. В имени скачанного файла не только набор цифр, а имя профиля. Это редкость! Минус. Вместо значка на картинке - пункт в контекстном меню мыши. Пожелание: добавить к этому пункту комбинацию клавиш.
- (2021-01-31) Jenifer Paniagua: works perfectly great ! no issues and stuff
- (2021-01-23) Evelyn: finally find an ins extension allow saving file with user ID. hope this tools could last long as possible. thank you.
- (2021-01-12) Sorcha Lightwood: Thank you for this! I've been desperately searching for an extension which makes saving individual images, even within multi-image sets, easy. I do kind of wish it used a download button instead of right click, but that one extra click is nothing compared to the cumbersome nature of other extensions for Instagram downloading. Very useful, and functions well.
- (2021-01-12) F H: Fantastic app , this is what I've been looking for since ages!
- (2020-10-22) Brendon Wolf: Was fine for a long time, but started hijacking search results on top hits, sending me to all kinds of shady ad servers that Peter Lowe's blocker would halt. Other weird redirects, for example, would be any time I head to Asus' website, it would redirect me to the Russian subdomain. Functionality is great when it's doing its job, but it has no business hijacking other websites. EDIT: Apologies to Dan. It seems something else had hijacked his extension. Completely removing it and then re-adding it removed all the redirect issues I was getting. Rating adjusted.
- (2020-10-13) MaxJet78: The downloaded file has 47 characters + the user profile name. Can this be made shorter or provide the option to create our own file name before it is saved?
- (2020-09-21) Phu Cao: Just downloads *.htm photos
- (2020-08-26) Mamone: Excellent. The only thing I'd change is that the saved photo is invariably the one of the original link by which the Flickr album was accessed. When you scroll through an album and find a better photo, you have to re-enter the album through that one to be able do download it. At least with me. But otherwise excellent.
- (2020-08-17) Sarfaraz A.: Why have you taken out the user profile name in save option? Please re-add it.
- (2020-08-01) 55 Cutiemai: I love this extension... After updating Chrome, the user name is no longer added to the beginning of the downloaded file name. Chrome Version: 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64 bit)
- (2020-07-15) Brian Chen: Where do the saved images go?
- (2020-06-25) Matt: Doesnt work for FLICKR.
- (2019-12-24) Beto Teixeira: Finally an addon that adds a username prefix to the filename. It would be great if you add a hover buttom! I know theres a one click save, but it's not handy when you just want to see who is marked... Thanks!
- (2019-09-14) Beverly Jablonski: OMG this had changed my life and given me back so much more time!!!!! Now if it would just provide the same service for saving images from HOUZZ !!
- (2019-08-16) Ziad Abichaker: Nothing is happening after I right click the image to save it...Although I enabled it through the advanced features AND the Options...
- (2019-07-04) Dee: It doesn't work.
- (2019-06-07) E Dp: I needed something like this. Thank you! Works perfectly, but I wish I could choose download location while saving image (right now it saves to folder all saves go from chrome)
- (2019-03-15) Petron: I was trying it for Flickr and surely it has potential: Immediately save from thumbnail, but not the largest size. When SaveStrm is on, it save also a smaller and large file from the sing image page, so you need to delete what you don't need, which is waste of time. Also, it doesn't save in original flickr filename (numbers), but instead gives title author gave or undefined if there is non or when saving from the All sizes page. If saving from view all sizes, some jpg is downloaded, but it is just an empty screen. Save from all tabs is also working, but without selecting which tabs to save (left or right, for example), it is useful, as you always have at least one tab open from which you don't want to save. Obviously a lot of potential, but there are just too much flaws and impreciseness that I cant use it...
- (2019-02-21) ALKMEONAS.2085 COURITAS: τελειο
- (2019-01-02) Setton: Works perfectly
- (2018-09-12) Akar: its not saving the image
- (2018-07-29) bruno barreiro: It's a great add-on! It would be awesome if it also trimmed the white margins of the downloaded images. Still better than screen capturing though.
- (2018-07-11) 一二: SO great,but where can I find the photos I saved?
- (2018-06-20) meshach David: cool
- (2018-06-06) Nicholas Jones: one click save is great but needs to be disabled for albums so you can view the whole thing without downloading the images
- (2018-05-16) CECILIA CANCINO: hasta el momento me funciono con instagram y flickr asi que esta genial
- (2018-04-13) ht walnut: 保存下来的图片找不到啊！！！！
- (2017-11-12) Nikolay Yulenkov: The best app!
- (2017-10-06) shubham pakhale: where is save image
- (2017-08-14) Mike Reiss: Tut was es soll...
- (2017-06-12) Carlos Ranna: didn't save
- (2017-06-02) Web Technologies: Відмінно. Працює.
- (2016-09-06) Muawiyah Al Murtadho TV: cannot download video
- (2021-07-11, v:2.18) Sorcha Lightwood: Doesn't Work on Instagram Anymore
I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and disabling then re-enabling this extension, but it just won't work anymore. I have a set download location in my Chrome settings, and I've checked that folder to see if the images quietly downloaded, but they did not. Using the context menu button just does nothing, no images are saved anywhere and no dialogue box comes up asking where to save either.
- (2021-04-07, v:2.18) Leonid Toprover: The nicknames disappeared!
I was attracted by the fact that when downloading a photo from Instagram, a profile is written in the file name. It seems to have broken down?((
- (2021-01-22, v:2.16) Andy D: Videos have stopped downloading
Hi, videos currently aren't downloading - they're saving as download.html. This was working fine the last time I tried to download a video on the 19th Jan. Side note - are there any plans for saveable instagram stories? Thanks
- (2020-09-01, v:2.13) Underground Svirke Srbija: Redirects ?
Can you please let me know why your extension is redirecting me to "crushshustpp5" ad after clicking on a news source on Facebook? I've taken time to narrow down this, I have only 3 extensions, and when only yours is open, this is happpening.
- (2020-07-30, v:2.11) Andreas G.: Doesn't add user name anymore
Hey! Starting today the extension doesn't prepend the user name to the file name. Instead the file name starts with the underscore, so I think Instagram changed something and your extension can't fetch the user name anymore. Fix would be very appreciated. Love this extension :)
- (2020-05-29, v:2.11) Enzo Giannattasio: save issue
When i click save nothing happens, where does it save the images?
- (2019-12-13, v:2.9) Daniel Salas: Instagram videos stopped downloading
Hi - I have noticed that in the last several weeks, videos have stopped downloading. Is there a fix on horizon for this or possibly a workaround?
- (2019-10-17, v:2.9) Brandon Hunt: not saving videos anymore
this extension used to be able to save images and videos with the right click but now videos won't save. :( please help
- (2019-09-18, v:2.9) Beverly Jablonski: Capture photos on Houzz
OK I am using the extension to capture photos on Instagram. Got an extension for Houzz photos? I can't keep using the SnipIt tool. Takes too long.
- (2018-08-07, v:2.5) Can't find the image
Hi, I searched the folder, including"Download" folder,"Recent Download", and no found. And When I try to download the pic. I didn't get any remind of "Downloading" or "Complet download". Can you help me?
- (2018-06-13, v:2.5) About video downloads
Dou you have a plan to add video or IG histories to make we can download? will be great.
- (2018-05-29, v:2.5) Julie L.: Won't save
I'm getting the save link in the context menu, but the image is nowhere to be found. I searched my whole computer (it's new, so that was easy), and nothing is anywhere.
- (2018-05-23, v:2.3) a problem with downloads
Hello about 2 weeks ago i think instagram make chages cuz alot of extensions stop working, your extension still works but at the end of .jpg it adds a random letters and numers .jpg__dsiuhn_ etc... soy u need to go to explñorer and rename filename...
- (2018-05-05, v:2.1) Unable to save
According to the instructions, but did not find pictures in the download location, search the folder, nor found. After saving the right key, no small window or any other changes are popped up. Can you tell me what's going on? Is it that I can't use it alone?
- (2018-02-09, v:1.7) I can't find the photo
hello,can I ask a question:after I click the"save Instagram Image",I can't find where the photo is.Would you help me ??thanks a lot!
- (2017-10-20, v:1.5) ThuBe Wind: saving
I want to change the address photos saving. what should I do?
- (2017-03-21, v:1.3) Vanessa Martin: not working
this worked for a while.But, now it doesn't, I click to save the picture but it doesn't save the picture.