This extension allows saving of any Instagram or Flickr image via a single click on the context menu.
This extension is the only way to immediately save any image from Instagram or Flickr with a single right-click context menu click! Images from the main feed, a post or photo's page, or a user's overview or favorites page will save directly to your browser's default download location when you click on the option this extension adds to the right-click context menu. Version 1.0 added support for saving from the Timeline and Post Instagram pages Version 1.1 added support for saving from the user overview page Version 1.2 added support for higher quality, un-cropped images Version 1.3 fixed the plugin for Instagram's updated page layout model Version 1.4-5 updated name and logos in response to trademark complaint from Instagram Version 1.6 fixed handling for new types of videos Version 1.7 IG changed their app, and I can no longer modify the URL to get the un-cropped version, so this update gets the version currently loaded on your screen (if you click on a picture from a timeline to see it large, it'll grab the full version). I'm looking into a solution, but none are obvious. Version 1.8 Chrome v65 changed the behavior of <a> downloads in a way that broke this (opening images in a new tab rather than downloading them) - the download logic has been modified so that things work properly again. As an added bonus, the source user's name is now prefixed onto the file name. Version 1.9 changed the download logic because of another Chrome update that broke the previous download type Version 2.0 added the ability to download from Flickr Version 2.1 fixed an odd bug Version 2.2 updated the IG save logic for videos due to updated website structure Version 2.3 fixed a bug downloading videos with no comments Version 2.4 fixed a user-reported issue where file extensions had characters appended to them Version 2.5 added a "Labs" menu item off the main icon with in-development features - SaveStorm: When checked, any single click on IG or Flickr is interpreted as a download request. Works properly, but needs to be only enabled for short periods. - DL All Flickr: saves all open Flickr single-image tabs at one go. Still buggy when pulling large numbers down. Version 2.6 makes the Ctrl+Click (open in new tab) block that IG put in place work properly again Version 2.7 fixed an issue where videos downloaded from IG would have characters after the file extension Version 2.8 fixed an issue where clicking within a tag on the image would prevent the download from working Version 2.9 added the ability to download full-resolution photos or videos from Instagram Stories by left-clicking on the application icon in the top bar during playback Version 2.10 fixed video downloads Version 2.11 Added the ability to download IG TV posts Version 2.12 Updated the logic used to retrieve the username for the file prefix based on updates to IG's page structure
- (2020-08-01) 55 Cutiemai: I love this extension... After updating Chrome, the user name is no longer added to the beginning of the downloaded file name. Chrome Version: 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64 bit)
- (2020-07-15) Brian Chen: Where do the saved images go?
- (2020-06-25) Matt: Doesnt work for FLICKR.
- (2019-12-24) Beto Teixeira: Finally an addon that adds a username prefix to the filename. It would be great if you add a hover buttom! I know theres a one click save, but it's not handy when you just want to see who is marked... Thanks!
- (2019-09-14) Beverly .Architectural Details: OMG this had changed my life and given me back so much more time!!!!! Now if it would just provide the same service for saving images from HOUZZ !!
- (2019-08-16) Ziad Abichaker: Nothing is happening after I right click the image to save it...Although I enabled it through the advanced features AND the Options...
- (2019-07-04) Dee: It doesn't work.
- (2019-06-07) E Dp: I needed something like this. Thank you! Works perfectly, but I wish I could choose download location while saving image (right now it saves to folder all saves go from chrome)
- (2019-03-15) Petron: I was trying it for Flickr and surely it has potential: Immediately save from thumbnail, but not the largest size. When SaveStrm is on, it save also a smaller and large file from the sing image page, so you need to delete what you don't need, which is waste of time. Also, it doesn't save in original flickr filename (numbers), but instead gives title author gave or undefined if there is non or when saving from the All sizes page. If saving from view all sizes, some jpg is downloaded, but it is just an empty screen. Save from all tabs is also working, but without selecting which tabs to save (left or right, for example), it is useful, as you always have at least one tab open from which you don't want to save. Obviously a lot of potential, but there are just too much flaws and impreciseness that I cant use it...
- (2019-02-21) ALKMEONAS2085 COURITAS: τελειο
- (2019-01-02) Setton: Works perfectly
- (2018-09-12) Akar: its not saving the image
- (2018-07-29) bruno barreiro: It's a great add-on! It would be awesome if it also trimmed the white margins of the downloaded images. Still better than screen capturing though.
- (2018-07-11) 龍廌: SO great,but where can I find the photos I saved?
- (2018-06-20) meshach David: cool
- (2018-06-06) Nicholas Jones: one click save is great but needs to be disabled for albums so you can view the whole thing without downloading the images
- (2018-05-16) CECILIA CANCINO: hasta el momento me funciono con instagram y flickr asi que esta genial
- (2018-04-13) ht walnut: 保存下来的图片找不到啊！！！！
- (2017-11-12) Nikolay Yulenkov: The best app!
- (2017-10-06) shubham pakhale: where is save image
- (2017-08-14) Mike Reiss: Tut was es soll...
- (2017-06-12) Carlos Ranna: didn't save
- (2017-06-02) Web Technologies: Відмінно. Працює.
- (2016-09-06) Muawiyah Al Murtadho TV: cannot download video
- (2020-07-30, v:2.11) Andreas G.: Doesn't add user name anymore
Hey! Starting today the extension doesn't prepend the user name to the file name. Instead the file name starts with the underscore, so I think Instagram changed something and your extension can't fetch the user name anymore. Fix would be very appreciated. Love this extension :)
- (2020-05-29, v:2.11) Luigi Enzo Giannattasio: save issue
When i click save nothing happens, where does it save the images?
- (2019-12-13, v:2.9) Daniel Salas: Instagram videos stopped downloading
Hi - I have noticed that in the last several weeks, videos have stopped downloading. Is there a fix on horizon for this or possibly a workaround?
- (2019-10-17, v:2.9) Brandon Hunt: not saving videos anymore
this extension used to be able to save images and videos with the right click but now videos won't save. :( please help
- (2019-09-18, v:2.9) Beverly .Architectural Details: Capture photos on Houzz
OK I am using the extension to capture photos on Instagram. Got an extension for Houzz photos? I can't keep using the SnipIt tool. Takes too long.
- (2018-08-07, v:2.5) Can't find the image
Hi, I searched the folder, including"Download" folder,"Recent Download", and no found. And When I try to download the pic. I didn't get any remind of "Downloading" or "Complet download". Can you help me?
- (2018-06-13, v:2.5) About video downloads
Dou you have a plan to add video or IG histories to make we can download? will be great.
- (2018-05-29, v:2.5) Julie L.: Won't save
I'm getting the save link in the context menu, but the image is nowhere to be found. I searched my whole computer (it's new, so that was easy), and nothing is anywhere.
- (2018-05-23, v:2.3) a problem with downloads
Hello about 2 weeks ago i think instagram make chages cuz alot of extensions stop working, your extension still works but at the end of .jpg it adds a random letters and numers .jpg__dsiuhn_ etc... soy u need to go to explñorer and rename filename...
- (2018-05-05, v:2.1) Unable to save
According to the instructions, but did not find pictures in the download location, search the folder, nor found. After saving the right key, no small window or any other changes are popped up. Can you tell me what's going on? Is it that I can't use it alone?
- (2018-02-09, v:1.7) I can't find the photo
hello,can I ask a question:after I click the"save Instagram Image",I can't find where the photo is.Would you help me ??thanks a lot!
- (2017-10-20, v:1.5) ThuBe Wind: saving
I want to change the address photos saving. what should I do?
- (2017-03-21, v:1.3) Vanessa Martin: not working
this worked for a while.But, now it doesn't, I click to save the picture but it doesn't save the picture.