Easily block all images & videos within a website!
Block Image|Video is a lite extension that lets you easily block or hide desired items (image, video, etc.) with just one click. Once you add this addon to your browser, a button will appear in the toolbar. This button shows that the addon is active (with a red color). Now, before using the addon, please visit the options page and choose a desired item(s) to block or hide (i.e. image). By default, NO item is selected. Please note that, if you choose to - hide - items, the addon lets these items to be loaded in the browser, but, will make them invisible. On the other hand, if you choose to - block - any item, the addon prevents that specific item from loading into your browser. This way, loading the web-pages may become faster but you cannot make images to become visible again (if the addon is turned off). Note 1: before using the addon, please visit the addon's options page and adjust the item(s) you want to block or hide. Note 2: to report bugs, please visit the addon homepage (https://mybrowseraddon.com/block-image-video.html) and fill the Bug report form.
- (2021-12-03) Yuppie Show: 什么东东啊
- (2021-09-29) Ataur Rahman: Simple. Just Click : No image, Just Click : Again showing images. All the best.
- (2021-09-19) Alexandte RFST: can't get it working on chrome-extension://ffhafkagcdhnhamiaecajogjcfgienom/main.html (even thought i gave access to desktop files)
- (2021-09-03) 曦和景明: Where to download the old version extension？The new version is only available on Chrome 88 and later, my 360 browser core version is 86, it seems that the developer won't update the core version in the next few months.
- (2020-03-31) victorh Ik: Excellent 👍
- (2020-03-17) Naga: オプションを開かなくてもアイコンをクリックでonとoffの切り替えが出来る。 画像をブロックしている時にはアイコンが赤、画像を許可している時にはグレーになる。
- (2019-09-18) أحمد حسين: إضافة ممتازة لحجب الصور خصوصاً الغير مناسبة والإباحية
- (2019-08-25) Omair bin Enam: Perfect little app!! You have to give it some time to explore all the features and not give up on it too quickly. Just wish it had the option to not run on certain web pages. I think chrome has now a setting built right into their web browsers to do just that. But some extensions still run their own option of bypassing sites, and I wish this nifty extension had it in there as well.
- (2019-07-05) Günther Bosch: I expected to see a colored box instead of the pic (as promoted on the marketplace page of this extension), but I see no pic. Any specific settings / steps needed that I oversaw?
- (2019-03-07) Mr. Blue Coat: After configuring the block/hide options, it works quite well. As noted by others, the UI/options could use a bit of UX work and it would be nice to have a permanent blacklist/whitelist option for specified domains. Also, CSS background-image blocking requires page refresh.
- (2018-07-18) Alex Pakh: Useless. Not working. Doesn't block html5 video elements.
- (2018-06-13) Wavky Huang: 对比过几款同类型插件，这就是我最喜欢用的最终选择，简约高效！上班利器！
- (2018-05-16) William Chen: Don't work
- (2018-05-13) Abdullah Almahmud: 1- Hard to use, you have to right click every time and go in a panel option in order to chose what to block. 2- Some options just hide images, you will lose internet bandwidth and computer speed without knowing it. I don't know what goes in the mind of the developer in order to propose such silly idea. 3- The icon does not show what it hidden, is just turn on or off, but you cannot see what did you block the last time. 4- I was looking for something better then QuickBlock, but this one is worse. 5- This extension needs a full redesign.
- (2018-01-23) Udo Meuthen: Does not STOP JW Player. Has no use!
- (2017-12-11) srini vasan: nice work..well done
- (2017-10-23) emeka obioji: Browse without unwanted surprises!
- (2017-07-23) azog azog: Great extension ! Thank you .
- (2017-06-19) Снежана Горожанкина: Doesn't block videos, doesn't have option to block all, doesn't have whitelist.
- (2017-05-13) Youssef Cherrouq: 1- Hard to use, you have to right click every time and go in a panel option in order to chose what to block. 2- Some options just hide images, you will lose internet bandwidth and computer speed without knowing it. I don't know what goes in the mind of the developer in order to propose such silly idea. 3- The icon does not show what it hidden, is just turn on or off, but you cannot see what did you block the last time. 4- I was looking for something better then QuickBlock, but this one is worse. 5- This extension needs a full redesign.
- (2017-03-30) Great work!! You should: 1.right-click the photo icon on your web browser 2. click options 3.Choose the type of content you wish to block (photos, videos, flash content ...) 4. Make sure the photo icon on your web browser is not grey - meaning inactive and you're good to go! Absolutely amazing!
- (2017-03-30) ASH Clicks: not working and its just hidding its working on background