Word prediction that is grammar smart and inventive spelling aware. Speech recognition allows you to speak it, and we'll write it.
Co:Writer® Universal Extension for Chrome™ helps you write with proper grammar and spelling using topic-specific vocabulary. It integrates with the Chrome™ browser for word prediction and speech recognition just about anywhere you write online including Google Drive™, Microsoft Word, blogs, Learning Management Systems, testing, social networks, and email. Try it for free and see if it works for you. Pricing and more information can be viewed at https://cowriter.com How Does Co:Writer Work? As letters are typed, Co:Writer predicts the intended word with a selection of word suggestions using powerful grammar-smart word prediction. These suggestions can be read aloud by moving the cursor over the words. Selecting the intended word places it into the built-in writing document. For feedback while writing (and after writing) built-in text to speech can be used to read letters, words, sentences, and any selected text. If the microphone is chosen, you can speak and we'll convert your speech into text. 4+ Million Topic-Specific Dictionaries: Co:Writer has access to a main prediction dictionary (that includes core words) and Topic Dictionaries (that includes topic specific words). Co:Writer can access over 4 million topic-specific dictionaries which are activated based on the writing task. A small sampling of the variety of topic dictionaries: ✔ America's Cup ✔ Compare and Contrast ✔ Dinosaurs ✔ Grumpy Cat ✔ History of the Peloponnesian War ✔ Mahatma Gandhi ✔ My Dog ✔ Pig Latin ✔ SpongeBob SquarePants ✔ Tommy (album) ✔ Wonders of the World Spelling Support: Co:Writer uses Flexspell™ technology to handle the widest range of spelling mistakes including phonetic spelling and inventive spelling errors (letter omissions, word ending omissions, letter reversals, etc). Examples of how Co:Writer aides with phonetic and/or inventive spelling: Before Co:Writer: The blk jargon flu over the bra lfnt. R u hpy to ce me? I no hw to nor the fone. After Co:Writer: The black dragon flew over the gray elephant. Are you happy to see me? I know how to answer the phone. Grammar Support: Co:Writer bases its prediction on proper grammar, and uses its understanding of grammar to accurately predict words within the framework of valid sentence structures. Examples of how Co:Writer aides with grammar: Dogs are furry. (noun, verb, adj.) - When you typed d-o, you get plural noun choices Three very mangy dogs ran down the street. (adj., adv., adj., noun, verb… etc.) - After typing three, very, mangy, you get plural noun choices, then you get plural verb tenses.
- (2019-12-18) Camden Conley2339866: amazing
- (2019-10-09) Ning Cao: good!
- (2019-05-13) Jeanmarie: This extension has been so helpful for our students with learning differences! They are able to use word prediction to support their writing. Teachers love the topic dictionaries which enable you to access vocabulary specific to the topic. The result is students writing more, less frustration, using more robust vocabulary and doing this in less time.
- (2019-01-31) Andrew Forrester: Had to sign into my personal account to write this because in my school account, I can neither rate nor remove this extension. Co-writer is never useful, especially when you have google translate. It's easier to actually type the word than it is to use co-writer to complete it.
- (2019-01-29) Jennifer Canter: Excellent academic writing assistance, especially for those with dysgraphia or dyslexia. Dictation is accurate, and the foreign language aids work well too.
- (2018-08-22) Ginger Valentine: It is not free, it doesn't work anyway
- (2018-02-06) Nella Craft: This actually sucks. It's slow, uses Yahoo and gives you all the wrong results and its doesn't work. I can't get to my bookmarks and I have important tabs. I can't get to google drive either. Don't EVER download this if you are not forced to.
- (2018-01-10) Fuzion Gamer: i regret downloding this app
- (2017-12-30) S E A C U E: I hate it. It bloats up the computer I am forced to use for school. It slows down all of the webpages, and I can't remove it because because my school is stupid. Its poor, slow, disgusting, and makes me want to throw up. Please, whoever made this, stop.
- (2017-11-21) Beth Krupke: CoWriter is supporting our students struggling with spelling. It can even help with good sentence structure. They love that the words can be read to them as they work in their document.
- (2017-09-10) Yvonne Knight: I no longer can use the voice feature on google chrome extension.
- (2017-05-10) Krista Errickson: I attempted to use it cross-platform on Opera. All I received was "loading"...from the initial launch until I gave up and removed it. I launched, relaunched trying different circumstances (browser restart, cache clear,etc.) and always got the same result.
- (2017-04-26) Dahlia Downey: it will never let you go on it
- (2017-04-09) Rebecca White: Ruined by lack of customization and annoying-as-hell features like automatically capitalizing the first word of each sentence. It is literally useless outside the specific use-case of only using Google-Chrome to write text. TL;DR • Utter junk; disables ability to input numbers.
- (2017-04-01) Can't try it.
- (2017-01-19) Flo Wong: On the outset looks like it's working well until I add a period at the end of a sentence and it deletes the last letter of the word and adds a period. Is there a fix to this or is this a setting adjustment on my part? Currently adding two spaces after last word of sentence to get the period in place or floating away from the sentence. For Example: Today is a good da. The extension deletes the letter y and places the period in it's place. I'm working in a Google Doc.
- (2016-12-19) -: gave me virus
- (2016-11-08) MARILYN VASIL: it's not working for me at all
- (2016-06-13) i hate co witerer
- (2016-06-06) j jackson: After I read the condescending and arrogant description of this extension (where it is stated the "general public" is not allowed to use it), I downloaded it specifically to give it the lowest rating possible and leave my own disrespectful comment. Think of this as a "Right back at ya" from the general public.
- (2016-03-17) C. Kent: It wants to share my name and email and who knows what else.
- (2016-03-01) Terrance Wills: i don't like how much room it takes up on my extension bar and how i cant remove it
- (2016-02-15) Megan Zell: This is a great option for our districts who have moved to Chromebook. Co:Writer has always provided the highest level of word prediction support for our students who struggle with spelling. It's so easy to create a topic dictionary! Love the added voice recognition feature too!
- (2016-02-01) Michelle Thomas - ESC: It is exciting to see Don Johnston, Inc. offer these wonderful writing supports on multiple platforms so they are more accessible to our students. The extension is working great for us! As others have noted, you must own a subscription to use this product.
- (2015-11-29) Connie Haines: This is a fantastic app and extension for supporting spelling, grammar and vocabulary. You must have a subscription for it to activate, see the description. Thanks Don Johnston for making this valuable tool available in the google platform!