This extension will stop autoscroll (aka smoothscroll) from activating on middle mouse click
(Note: The screenshot contains the full source code for this extension) You've spent 5 years of your life writing a complex piece of medical imaging software that makes extensive use of the middle mouse button. Suddenly, with only 6 months advance warning (that you ignored), the 'Smooth scrolling' setting in 'chrome://flags' was deactivated and no longer does anything. At about this time the old "No smooth scroll" extension stopped working as well. Bug reports pile up in the tracker... The phone starts to ring... Your medical image viewer is randomly scrolling around and the radiologists are using profanity to describe the usefulness of the software, clearly not in a good way :-) Much as you try, you can't palm this problem off to some other developer like you normally would... The suited men and women in the board room are starting to mumble and take quick frowny face glances in your direction. You need that middle mouse button to work. Right NOW. So you add a couple extra lines of code to a generic mouse down event listener and get back to playing minecraft over the network with some guys from the marketing department. Is that the end of the problem? No. No it isn't. You like using middle click to open random reddit links, stuff on facebook, youtube videos, but that smooth auto scroll thingy is still popping up and annoying you. So you decide to write your own extension. How hard could it be? Well, here it is. "No smooth scroll 2" This is functionally the same as the "No smooth scroll" extension in the store, I wrote this one because the other had stopped working for a short time. I wasn't sure if it was going to be fixed (turns out it was after a few weeks :-) If you have any issues, feel free to get in touch. [email protected]
- (2020-08-24) fakel: Очень полезное расширение. 👍
- (2020-08-17) Vladislav Ivashchenko: Не работает
- (2020-08-01) Виталий Казаку: У меня не работает! DONT WORK
- (2020-07-25) Malcolm Smith: Doesn't work with Chrome 84.0.4147.89 on Windows 10.
- (2020-07-22) André Pereira: Thank for bringing some UX sanity to the most used browser. Toggle actions are a UX-Anti pattern.
- (2020-07-15) Baby Eater: does not seem to work
- (2020-07-04) Hallur Örn Guðjónsson: Thank you! Many hours have been wasted accidentally scrolling around pages randomly. This works completely as advertised. Installed. Relaunched. Voila. This incredibly stupid auto-scrolling feature is disabled. Now I can open up links in new tabs like crazy. My web surfing just became that much more efficient.
- (2020-07-01) Константин: Super!
- (2019-08-30) Travis Butchart: Simplicity at it's best to give us the needed functionality we deserve! Thank you!
- (2018-06-13) haikubox: For the touching story alone, I give it five stars and install on every PC I own. Great stuff and thank you very much, Brendan!
- (2018-06-12) Jon McGuire: It works. Great description, too. (I'm constantly amazed that a company as big and popular as Google can completely screw up the most basic UI/UX decisions -- then completely ignore the complaints for years on end.)
- (2019-08-22, v:1.1) Guy Fox: Does Not work on chrome 76.0.3809.100
Does Not work on chrome 76.0.3809.100