Smarter Web reading & research. Annotate, bookmark, save, cite, manage & share online articles. Use with your Scrible.com account.
SCRIBLE TOOLBAR EXTENSION The Scrible Toolbar Extension offers the best way to annotate, tag and share online articles and webpages and save them to your scrible Account. The Extension places a scrible Button to the right of your Address Bar. While browsing the Web, click the Button to load the scrible Toolbar on webpages and use it to: * richly annotate articles with multiple styles (highlight, bold, underline, etc.) and colors to flag critical passages. * capture your insights by adding sticky notes that anchor to particular parts of articles. * categorize your annotations by type and color with dynamic legends that give meaning to your markups. * easily share your annotated articles with others via email, Facebook, Twitter or a permalink. * tag and save articles to your own personal Library in the cloud for easy access later. The Extension also offers the following options: * Notify you when you’re on a webpage you previously annotated and prompt you to load your previous annotations. * Automatically load your most recent annotations while you browse the Web. SCRIBLE ACCOUNT When you’re ready to review, retrieve and organize your saved webpages, go to your scrible Library by signing into your Scrible Account. The Library offers: * Powerful search functionality to quickly and precisely find the right articles when you need them. * Intuitive multi-tag filtering (like on Kayak.com) for quick and easy sorting of your articles. * Simple tag management interface so you can easily create, edit and delete tags to organize your Library. * ...and more to come!... Sign up for a free account at www.scrible.com If you like the Extension, please give us a strong positive review. If not, we’d love your feedback ( http://www.scrible.com/feedback ) to make it better. Thanks so much! -The Scrible Team
- (2021-09-09) Flexi Tuber: This is worst scribbling extension. My tip - DO NOT INSTALL IT!!
- (2021-06-27) Doc. FunkBlack: I have to make an account. I don't have time for that.
- (2021-06-08) Thomas Hastings: It would be nice if it worked on PDFs and not just websites. Absolutely useless.
- (2021-04-25) Carmen Garcia: The best way to organize papers for research.
- (2020-09-23) 이희재: dosent work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2020-03-03) James Greer: HAHAHA i am the 69th review haha me is funny!!!
- (2020-01-20) HardToBeat: Bruh moment
- (2019-12-10) Charles Kim: could be much much much better; ui should be updated as with the auto fill-in formulas
- (2019-08-04) Manu Karkar: Great productivity tool. Anyone can use for productivity any time any where for all purposes.
- (2019-05-09) aleks smitt: WARNING: Due to browser security restrictions, the toolbar cannot operate on webpages opened from your local hard drive.
- (2019-01-15) annoying to use...
- (2018-11-14) Toasted Uranium: Better than Easybib, but infinitely fewer ads.
- (2017-12-20) Ruth Rozensztejn: Extremely useful! It could be perfect if the highlights were sharper.
- (2017-12-14) SAITAMA: I liked the older version but the autoupdate feature in new version is a plus. best app out there for online reading and research even better than diigo which allows you only 500 highlights whereas in scriblle its unlimited & its absolutely free.... pls increase the contrast of the highlights they look very dull
- (2017-11-15) Verysillyolaf 2389: This was amazing. Almost like a hack.
- (2017-07-25) Paul Zahorosky: Doesn't do anything. There's a toolbar at the bottom of the browser window- ugly as hell I might add - and the highlight and comment options do nothing to a live webpage. The scrible website claims "Make comments directly on webpages." This does not actually work. Useless and uninstalled.
- (2017-05-16) Akashi Mitsumoto: I like the overall functionalities that the scrible toolbar provides, but when I am reading articles that I annotated, sometimes the floating toolbar that runs long across the page annoys my reading experience. If there is a way to minimize or hide the toolbar in a page while keeping all the annotations displayed it would be even more lovely!
- (2017-04-18) Ahmad Hasbini: Great tool for being productive and efficient while researching on sites. Also provides online services like saving annotations. Has a few glitches but once known they're nothing to deal with.
- (2016-10-11) Irina Svetlowa: Hi, I am interested in acquiring your extension "scrible Toolbar". Please contact me at: [email protected]
- (2016-09-21) Abhinav Galodha: Great concept but technical glitches in implementation.
- (2016-09-12) Asad Aslam: Great app but very slow and ugly interface. It has loading issues at times too. But seriously this app has the potential to be the best of its type.
- (2016-05-11) Antonio Janeiro: who can export mmy bookmarks list created? along my web research? this is a great handicap i tried scrible Writer Google Docs Add-on and "Invalid account Your scrible account subscription does not include use of the Google Docs Add-on. If you are a student or educator, please visit the Upgrade Plan page to upgrade to scrible Edu today."
- (2016-03-28) Erica Blair: This extension has amazing potential... I love that it lets me highlight stuff across the internet, then access and search through a database of all the quotes I've collected. Can't seem to find any other app that does this, and it's absolutely amazing for anyone that does research across the internet. However, it's extremely slow and clunky and the design is Web 1.0 terrible. You guys are onto something great, I hope you are able to invest in making this tool better! I would happily pay for this extension if it were sleeker and faster!!
- (2016-03-22) Dwight Stegall: The toolbar is not loading in Chrome Version 49.0.2623.87 m (64-bit) for Windows 8.1. I have all 3 boxes in settings checked.
- (2016-03-10) Annie .B: PROS : Awesome highlighting, text formatting and page saving to archive options. Very well thought out. CONS : Scrible doesn't load the changes when the user gets back to the modified page. THIS EXTENSION WOULD BE PERFECT IF... >> That bug was fixed >> and if it allowed the user to mark or color the already modified page's links - just so we know we've already seen it. I'm using Scrible mostly for text searching, and it would really improve my work.
- (2016-02-11) Kazunori Seki: my favorite
- (2016-01-31) Arman Mottaghi: Simple, to the point and without frills. Love it!
- (2015-11-18) Benjamin X Yang: It is useful, but my UX does not come out to be good.
- (2015-11-11) Matthew Zimmerman: I think that there is a glitch in the system because sometimes when i try to access it through google toolbar the icons for scribble will not pop up on the articles i am on please help me.
- (2015-11-09) Afrah: doesn't work at all? no toolbar pop up. really disappointed
- (2015-10-22) Rohit Dev Jha: Please provide a option of copying highligted/underlined/text color changed content in one go. Rest I love this extension. made reading more enojoying !!
- (2015-05-02) Christina Reuter Mitchell: Scrible offers an outstanding way to save, organize, and store your favorite bookmarks, which can be accessed from both mobile and desktop browsers. Best of all, Scrible is FREE. I love Scrible..and you will too! AND Scrible is very easy to figure out!
- (2015-02-17) Tyler Bischoff: Tis does not work at all.
- (2014-12-10, v:1.5.8) Tim Deering: Confirm Navigation
Is there a way to get rid of the Confirm Navigation any time I leave a website I have highlighted? I don't want to have to save, click confirm or delete my highlights when I want to leave.
- (2014-11-21, v:1.5.8) Francis Pollen: Shortcut
Would be great if there was a keyboard short-cut to launch or quit the scribble tool bar. It would have to be optional or at least customizable so it didn't conflict with other extensions. 'Pocket' for instances uses 'Ctrl+Shift+S' in Windows.
- (2013-03-03, v:1.1) Jason Shockey: Pop up
You should make it so that the toolbar only pops up when you click on the extension icon in Chrome. It gets really annoying when it pops up on every page. Great extension besides that though!