Capture and share information effectively. Highlight, annotate, and share with others. Excellent tool for students and researchers.
Research effectively with NotesAlong. Use NotesAlong to: * Highlight and annotate web pages and PDFs * Organize your information through colors, tags and reactions * Share annotated information with others directly in webpages * Take detailed notes in addition to highlighting * Your highlights will automatically show in the web page they were taken. * Coming soon: Collections. Create a curated collection of research and share with others Features: - Clean and easy to use user interface and experience - Add your own voice and context to highlights with annotations - Easily locate your notes and highlights through a comprehensive search feature - Increase your productivity by taking notes, highlights and annotations directly within websites - Share your highlights via a sharable link. Users shared with will see assets directly on the webpage taken from An alternative to traditional notebook/note-taking apps such as Evernote, Google Keep and Microsoft OneNote.
- (2020-10-16) Empathy Heals: Looks promising so far, but is it supposed to turn OFF so frequently? I am trying to use it when I record and it really messes with the flow having to turn it back ON so often.
- (2020-09-11) Игорь Зинченко: Dont work in Opera
- (2020-08-31) Pushkar K: Just what I needed to do my research work. Notesalong is a great application. I have been submitting few suggestions to the developer of this app and I hope atleast some features would be implemented really fast in coming days!
- (2020-08-26) Ajit Singh: I work as a Technical manager in an IT firm and read lots of technical document and save as a hard copy in system but it is very difficult to find the articles in different files. I was wondering if I can get a tool where I can highlight and annotate my web documents and PDFs. And I got this amazing extension. I recommended the NotesAlong to my friend circle Thank you NotesAlong for this to make my work easily
- (2020-08-20) prince madan: A must try app. Just love using this amazing app! I love reading books and novels and this app really makes my life easy. I can now highlight multiple lines I wan't to keep a note off, I can use emojis and can even share those will others. The best part is I don't have to scroll around different pages if I have to look for something important, I just highlight everything I need and can access it in a single view. It has such an easy to use experience, much much better than the others in the market. Excited to see what's more in store! Keep it up guys!
- (2020-08-20) Hasan Sartaj: I work as a delivery manager in an IT firm and at the same time, I love reading articles and of course the client's long notes and documents. I was wondering if I can get a tool where I can highlight and annotate my web documents and PDFs. And I got this amazing extension. I recommended the NotesAlong to my people around and they loved it too. Great help in highlighting through colors and organizing my important information through tags. Thank you NotesAlong for this ease in my professional and personal work.
- (2020-08-19) Faris Syahmi Samidi: Hi, it seems that i cant turn on the extension. Everytime i tried, the apps will ask me to login and this process repeat endlessly. Please advise.
- (2020-08-13) Penny Foriathotts: Nope, requires a "login". There's such a thing as local storage, folks. You don't need my info on your servers for me to take notes on a web page locally in my browser, and you're not going to get it.
- (2020-07-20) 赵宇轩: The best free highlighter crx app!
- (2020-07-08) Jim Whitson: I'd like to see the On/Off state of NotesAlong preserved for each webpage that has an annotation, even when the page is accessed outside of NotesAlong.
- (2020-07-01) daxanadu da: Wasn't able to use it because the extension forces me to sign in with a google account, which I find a objectionable requirement
- (2020-06-30) Marcos Piérola: Extremely practical and useful. I've tried a good bunch of note taking and highlighting extensions but this one trumps them all.
- (2020-02-11) Leo Knuth: Perfect extention for hightlight website. The development team respond the feedback and suggestion very soon. Recommand you to use NotesAlong.
- (2020-02-04) Antonio David: This is great because unlike bookmarks which just take you to the page you were at, this takes you to the exact spot you were at (highlighted of course)
- (2020-02-03) Melissa Suarez: am i the only person who is having an issue...nothing happens after i click and highlight...then when i finally got the finger cursor to show up...click click click...nothings happening????
- (2019-12-10) Himanshu Goel: Great app, I'm waiting an application like this. New features are awesome like you can change the highlighter colour of selected data. Give a emoji reaction and much more. Overall experience is great.
- (2019-12-03) Ravi Basil: I am using this extension for about 1 week and I find it really helpful in saving the highlight from different sites for studying purpose. Just got the updated version with whole new highlight and comment feature.
- (2019-11-27) Mohd Tahir Malik: Nice and clean application. Really helpful.
- (2019-10-20) Theo Wakefield: Very useful extension, which allows for a very logical way of recording information of the net. Allowing you to compile references that will link back to the website, can add notes, and sortable by tags. Also has the benefit of being actively developed. But on the same note is a bit bare bones and there is no way at the moment to back up your notes. Maybe in six months it will be worth five stars. Until then, a great beta.
- (2019-10-09) Samuel Suther: Not working well so far. See this page. Why are there so strange characters at the Page? https://inweb.notesalong.com/id/5d9db0f94818060013b1d7f5/https://blog.trello.com/de/willenskraft?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=trello-newsletter-german
- (2019-09-04) Tetiana Bilokin: Great app, I like the new feature they implemented - now we can share the notes!
- (2019-09-03) Danielle Alexander: Simple and easy to use, great for annotating, editing, reviewing, etc. Annotation sharing is looking extremely promising and will make team projects much smoother. No more "which part are you talking about", shared highlights and comments do away will follow up questions. For future releases, additional colors and annotation categories would be helpful for quick sorting and searching (note, grammar, omit, rephrase).
- (2019-05-08) Joshua Ronis: This is the best extension of this kind I've ever downloaded. Thank you! As for added functionality, I wish there were ways to add notes on a page without highlighting, like maybe with little labels on the side. I just have another extension for this, but if I could do both the highlighting and the post it notes on the side with this extension, it would be awesome.
- (2019-03-17) Ciarra Whisenhunt: So far I love how simple the user interface is. All the other ones are too bloated for me. My only recommendation is more highlight colors. Maybe a red, blue, yellow, green type thing. And does this sync with chrome account or just stay on this computer? Other than that. Fantastic!
- (2019-03-13) Tweety Kid: Once you get past a little learning curve this seems genius. I use it for all my psychology links because I can add notations to the highlights. It is wonderful. If more people knew about it I think it would be wildly popular.
- (2020-10-18, v:1.2.0) Empathy Heals: Interferes with copying by mouse.
A couple of issues: Text highlighted by mouse is unselected when I right-click on it, making copying by using the menu impossible. Seems like some settings aren't consistent, see video clip of these issues https://gyazo.com/caeb65aeed7ac17ad635c828dcd07abc
- (2020-09-12, v:1.2.0) Erick Carvalho Campos: Problem with annotations on PDF
Hi there. When I try to write my notes on PDF files every key with navigation function on internal viewer doesnt work for annotation, instead they activate their respective functions. Example: I try to write "chrome", but when I press "r'" my PDF rotates. It happens only with PDF, for web pages its ok.
- (2020-05-08, v:1.1.2) Camille Foster: Can't log in
Hi there, I'm having problems logging in. I have clicked on the button to log in (after I click on the extension button) and gone to "https://notesalong.com/login", but the extension button still has the blue "login" button on it, which means I can't highlight anything. Is there another way to get logged in and/or to always stay logged in while in the same browser? This has happened several times now, I thought Chrome just needed to be restarted but that has not solved the issue. Thanks!
- (2020-05-07, v:1.1.2) Malia Rodgers: Tags
Hi, great app -- is there a way to tag multiple items? Also, the launcher no longer shows up in my browser. Please help, thanks.
- (2020-02-27, v:1.1.2) Pat: This doesn't work in Chrome!
I highlight across text and nothing shows up from NotesAlong. I've tried clicking on NotesAlong after I highlight text and still there is no way to highlight or add annotations. When I go to NotesAlong and view the short blurb on how to use it, there should be a little icon after the text that I highlight for me to choose how I want to highlight, annotate, add a smiley face or whatever. But there isn't anything that shows up for me to do anything. Very, very frustrating!!!!
- (2019-10-15, v:0.9.9.8) Aftab Alam: Keyboard shortcut
Hi. I like your extension and thanks for putting the time in for it. However i would like to minimise the mouse clicks by being able to highlight with keyboard shortcut. Do you support that ? I enabled a shortcut key in the chrome extensions settings but it opens a options for the extension rather than just highlighting the text in the web page. Do you support this option ?
- (2019-09-30, v:0.9.9.8) Matthew Shelhamer: Just doesn't work.
Autoload = On, Position = Overlay. Yes, I am logged in. Doesn't work in Chrome or Brave (I get the page overlay at bottom-left and can highlight but cannot annotate and when I pop out the left sidebar, it's blank). Also doesn't work in Chromium-based Edge browser (page overlay won't load at all). I would think it were maybe an extension conflict, but I only have the ubiquitous Google Translate and uBlock Origin adblocker installed on the Brave browser. Sigh.
- (2019-09-17, v:0.9.9.8) Mitchell Model: How do you annotate?
This is ridiculous and probably embarrassing. I just added the extension to Chrome on my Mac. It is on the bar with the other extensions. How do I use the extension? I select some text. What do I do to add an annotation? Is there a manual somewhere describing how to use all its features? What am I missing?
- (2019-09-07, v:0.9.9.7) Zane Myers: Saved for you in the hub
Your notes along extension looks very promising. My single question is about where the notes are saved. On your site it says they are saved in "the hub". Is the hub something that is on my local computer or something in the cloud? If it is in the cloud, who is in control of it and if it is "free", how do you plan to generate income to support this business model? Thanks for you kind attention here.