A fun and effective new tool to highlight, organize, and share information.
NotesAlong is fully free and perfect for students and anyone who is doing research of any kind. Features: * Highlight and annotate web pages and PDFs using six different colors * Organize your information through collections, tags, colors, and reactions * Share all highlights on a webpage through a single click * Take detailed notes in addition to highlights using a rich text editor * Advanced search features An alternative to traditional notebook/note-taking apps such as Evernote, Google Keep and Microsoft OneNote.
- (2021-10-02) Surender Yadav: The best highlighting and note taking extension I've used on chrome. It's easy to use and stores all the highlights in cloud, also the highlights can be easily categorized in folders. Just wished that there was someway to access the highlights and notes in mobile.
- (2021-09-27) Manuel Avendaño: The best highlighter out there..
- (2021-09-22) BaoBao Ting: Very good.I am a loyal user of it because it can greatly improve my study efficiency
- (2021-09-16) Shubhamkar Ayare: Good for highlighting; annotation/comment-features could improve: editing older comments, positioning of the popup, size of the popup, mouse-interaction aka persistency.
- (2021-09-14) Jayesh Kumar: very effective tool to learn new information
- (2021-09-06) Diego Ortega: Estable, algo que otras extensiones padecen. Es suficiente, aunque tiene margen de mejora. Pero cumple con lo que ofrece.
- (2021-08-29) Justin Hansen: So I have been looking for an extension that I can annotate a webpage with and then when I go to that webpage I can view those annotations. This extension is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I don't know what that guy was talking about when he says you have to log in and he doesn't want that. Um, hate to break it to that guy but you can log in with your google account and to have an extension you have to log into google. If you love annotating webpages for essays. school projects, or just documenting your thoughts about a webpage this is the extension for you.
- (2021-08-23) Felipe Higuera Cifuentes: I love it, it has nothing to envy weava, I am going to give this service a lot of use
- (2021-07-27) Alessio Lombardi: The extension stopped working a couple of months ago, it does not stays signed-in. The icon always says "Login". I then click it, log-in successfully, then the icon turns to "off", then a second later it turns back to "Login". I cannot use it anymore.
- (2021-06-26) Sofia Aleksanyan: I really like this extension, since it lets me highlight and make notes for my reading. Though, I can't type the letter 'n' within my annotations for some reason. Hopefully, this gets fixed soon. Other than that, this is just great! Thank you!
- (2021-06-21) Gábor Lippert: Works perfectly. And special thanks for not displaying advertisement in the plugin UI 🙇♂️ - that's actually one of the reasons why I returned to this extension after reviewing a few competitors.
- (2021-06-18) garden lee: cool
- (2021-06-14) ARUNBALAJI: The coolest extension for making highlights in the webpage which gives comments and emojis as well. Must have for note making. Thanks to the developers.
- (2021-05-31) Levi Johnson: Because I highlight all of the text I read for my business, this app is extremely helpful for my business. I've had some glitches with it, for instance after logging in, the app still wanting me to try to log in to turn it on for the web page I'm reading, so if they fix that glitch I'll up this to five stars. Notwithstanding, I recommend this app.
- (2021-05-07) Mario Bühler: No lee PDFs, solo Webs. Estoy haciendo algo mal?
- (2021-04-25) Mr. Soundguy: This is the most useful Chrome extension I have ever used. It helped me tremendously in college with all the PDFs I had to read for my classes. I can't recommend this enough to students or to anyone who does heavy reading on their computer.
- (2021-04-23) Ludovico Prestipino: è gratis semplice e credo che è acnhe la più completa sulla chrome web store (senza pagare) solo 2 lati negativi: è brutto che non posso esportare gli appunti in modo che non ci siano un sacco di dati e info dell'app che ostacolano lo studio perchè t distraggono mentre cerchi di leggere e memorizzare ognivolta che si rifa una sottolineatura il colore di default è giallo e lo devvi cambiare a meno ogni volta. stessa cosa per le etichette e le cartelle. sarebbe più comodo se unavolta impotata una etichetta o una cartella rimanesse settata in quella maniera
- (2021-04-18) Allia Necio: The best free website and pdf highlighter! It comes with unlimited storage and you can organize your highlights for free! Hoping they could add additional features like sub-folders and stuffs.
- (2021-04-15) Jeff Sun: Very good, but doesn't work all the time. After logging in it still shows as I'm logged out so I cannot take any notes
- (2021-04-08) Elliot Kuo: fantastic extension, does exactly what it says
- (2021-04-07) Patrícia de Almeida: Muito muito útil, ótimo aplicativo, por enquanto sem bugs
- (2021-04-04) Daniel Velho: Muito bom e de graça!
- (2021-04-02) Duong Han: This is really useful for me to both highlight with easy-for-eyes colors and annotate the information and more importantly, can sync and backup with my own Google account. It's all i ask for, so i'm really grateful. The only thing is, for the better experience, hope that i can see explicitly all the words of my own comments on the highlights (not just "1 comments" like now, so i have to click upon it to open it, so if i'm making many comments it'll be tiring, but i haven't yet now so it remains so freaking great ! Thank you for this wonderful extensions, it helps organize and make my reading more active, not passive, not just highlights but also annotate and review all the things with one Google account !! Great great job of you guys!!!!!! <33 *send loves and hugs*
- (2021-03-24) S3.NAVEGAR: Muy interesante
- (2021-03-02) Fabian Campos: 10/10
- (2021-02-25) Daniel Idarraga: The best highlighter
- (2021-02-21) Hasan Shahriar Boni: BEST ANOTATION.. SIMPLE TO USE
- (2021-02-16) Armin Aligholian: I love this, good job.
- (2021-02-14) Nazar Labunets: Probably the only extension of its kind. You can share your comments with others. Very easy to use.
- (2021-02-13) Jamil Paden: The extension isn't working for me in Chrome and PDF.
- (2021-02-12) Federico Giordano: Estensione molto comoda che mi ha aiutato molto negli studi universitari prima e nella formazione lavorativa poi. Consigliatissima!
- (2021-02-01) Saleem Rana: Without note-taking, reading is mere entertainment, a passing pleasure, but with note-taking, reading becomes something else, something grander and deeper, a scaffolding to build ideas upon each other over time, an external library of ideas that you can access when developing any body of work. This app amplifies the power of the note-taking process. It's exactly what I need to highlight and annotate notes as I read online, a remarkable app that helps me to understand what I'm reading better, capture it immediately, and archive it all in one fluid workflow
- (2021-01-28) Yx E: It's nice. Hope it will support remarks on pdf soon. And I got two more little advice. First, I hope there could be collections inside collection, which may be helpful to merge the data. Second, I hope I could reorder the collection manually, or at least options more than the default one which is based on the creating time. Thanks for your nice extension again! Please let me know if you need any further information!
- (2021-01-18) John Shearin: Fantastic. Easy to use, I love the ability to turn it on/off and how that is specific to a url and not a browser window. Notes collections are also great. 10 Stars!!!
- (2021-01-16) Dan L: Installed today! I'm really enjoying it, but where we write the lyrics it could be much bigger! Thanks!!!!
- (2020-12-29) masvil: My 1st review on Chrome Store, but I can't resist and I have to say "Hat off" to devs.
- (2020-12-17) Larisa Nichita: Practical and easy to use. I recommend it with my whole heart.
- (2020-12-12) Emily Russell: Exactly what I was looking for, no other app compares. Great it there was a option to export your highlights or print them off :)
- (2020-12-02) Nguyen Nhat Minh: As a law student, this particular extension save me lots of time in reading cases and documents. One of the great things about this extension is that it's completely free. To an app like this, I would like to donate, maybe not much, but it is to show my support to the developers on this extension. Many thanks.
- (2020-12-01) Scott Nielson: I really like this extension. I have one suggestion, however. I use an extension to make websites show up in a dark format. Unfortunately, when I add a note using Notesalong I cannot see it because the text is dark on a dark background. What I would like is for the background area of the note to be set as a light color (rather than follow the color of the webpage) so that when I click on it the text is always dark on a light background. Thanks
- (2020-11-24) Diego Marques: É uma boa extensão, ainda testando !
- (2020-11-11) Erik Bass: I've looked at a lot of highlight/annotate apps and couldn't find the perfect feature set until now. NotesAlong has the right recipe. The things I love are: - the sidebar that can toggle on and off - clear highlights and comments on the page - the ability to share with colleagues who don't yet have accounts I did find a small bug, but NotesAlong gets 5 stars because the team was extremely responsive and friendly when I submitted it.
- (2020-11-09) dom hr: very good，has several unique features, and now it's free
- (2020-11-03) Nelson Ratan Mondol: Issue creating highlight. Please try refreshing this page. If this issue persist, login to NotesAlong again at https://notesalong.com/login this keeps popping up every time i try to highlight.... did everything ..... but doesn't work.
- (2020-10-16) Empathy Heals: Looks promising so far, but is it supposed to turn OFF so frequently? I am trying to use it when I record and it really messes with the flow having to turn it back ON so often.
- (2020-09-11) Игорь Зинченко: Dont work in Opera
- (2020-08-31) Pushkar K: Just what I needed to do my research work. Notesalong is a great application. I have been submitting few suggestions to the developer of this app and I hope atleast some features would be implemented really fast in coming days!
- (2020-08-26) Ajit Singh: I work as a Technical manager in an IT firm and read lots of technical document and save as a hard copy in system but it is very difficult to find the articles in different files. I was wondering if I can get a tool where I can highlight and annotate my web documents and PDFs. And I got this amazing extension. I recommended the NotesAlong to my friend circle Thank you NotesAlong for this to make my work easily
- (2020-08-20) prince madan: A must try app. Just love using this amazing app! I love reading books and novels and this app really makes my life easy. I can now highlight multiple lines I wan't to keep a note off, I can use emojis and can even share those will others. The best part is I don't have to scroll around different pages if I have to look for something important, I just highlight everything I need and can access it in a single view. It has such an easy to use experience, much much better than the others in the market. Excited to see what's more in store! Keep it up guys!
- (2020-08-20) Hasan Sartaj: I work as a delivery manager in an IT firm and at the same time, I love reading articles and of course the client's long notes and documents. I was wondering if I can get a tool where I can highlight and annotate my web documents and PDFs. And I got this amazing extension. I recommended the NotesAlong to my people around and they loved it too. Great help in highlighting through colors and organizing my important information through tags. Thank you NotesAlong for this ease in my professional and personal work.
- (2021-10-17, v:1.3.0) Aninthi Ramachandran: Not able to login in
I am not able to login to the extension, i was using it and all of a sudden its showing me it has some problem try to contact the developer to resolve the issue.
- (2021-10-13, v:1.3.0) Special K: login
I cannot login. It won't respond to "login with Google". It responds with some sort of flash error if I try to login with my gmail. Help!
- (2021-09-20, v:1.3.0) Anissa Hill: Wont turn on!
Every time I click the extention to turn it from off to on it never works. I have tried everything. multiple different sites, closing and reopening the window. updating chrome. nothing works. When i am on the notesalong webpage and i click the extension a little window pops up and says this doesnt work on this page try another. but whenever i click it on any other page literally nothing happens.
- (2021-08-29, v:1.3.0) Justin Hansen: Link Sharing
I literally cannot find the link sharing button.
- (2021-08-29, v:1.3.0) Justin Hansen: Text Separation
Just a quick suggestion that may or may not be a good idea. I tend to highlight over things fast when I am in a hurry to read through something. As a result I sometimes will miss the first letter of a word. My suggestion is that when highlighting the first letter of the word should not be separated by a space by the highlight. This would make quick and fast highlights still readable.
- (2021-08-29, v:1.3.0) Justin Hansen: Space Bar Scrolling
So when I try and type a note when I press spacebar my webpage just scrolls instead of actually putting a spacebar in my comment.
- (2021-08-18, v:1.3.0) Hồng Ân: Problem with Sharing
Hi. Your extension is literally amazing. However, I do wish I could share the highlight to another device but the share option doesn't appear in sidebar. Some people in the review was encountering the same problem. Pls help me. Thanks a lot!
- (2021-07-13, v:1.3.0) Ali Hax: links wont open
Hi. I can not open the links after i share them and put them on a document. Can you tell me how to be able to open the link myself and the person i share it with? thnx
- (2021-06-25, v:1.3.0) Melissa Simila: Cannot Use of Some pages
I am trying to use the extension to highlight and make notes TPACK.ORG. It will not allow me to do so. Does the extension not work with .org sites?
- (2021-06-23, v:1.3.0) Jared Blitzstein: I don't see the "share" option like on https://notesalong.com
I was looking to leverage the share functionality but when I expanded the sidebar, I do not see the option to share. Looking at "Share" on https://notesalong.com/, it appears to be a toggle above "Load extension on". However, I do not have anything above Load extension on. Is it something I need to enable?
- (2021-05-07, v:1.2.9) Mario Bühler: PDFs
It works for webs, but with PDFs it does not work. Are you going to add that function soon? Or maybe I´m doing something wrong. Thank you!
- (2021-04-20, v:1.2.9) Art Pettyjohn: Can I "edit" notes and not "delete" them?
Can I "edit" notes and not "delete" them?
- (2021-03-17, v:1.2.9) Phillip Tang: Turn on my default
Hi fantastic extension! But I need to click the extension button each time I want to create the first highlight on a page. How do I turn it on by default for every page? When I right click on the extension in Chrome, 'Options' is greyed out. Thanks. Also... Suggestion: show the Reaction directly on the highlight without having to click through.
- (2021-03-03, v:1.2.9) Federico Giordano: Miglioramento esperienza utente
Hi, your tool is very great. I've some suggestion to make the experience even better: - save the last colour used to highlight and use it for the next ones - put the trash bottom in the first set of icons, without two step through the arrow (six icons, seven with the arrow, or eight without the arrow but with trash and folder are pretty the same thing)
- (2020-12-18, v:1.2.9) Makler Salarin: Doesn't work for PDFs
I tried to turn it on but it didn't show any response. I downloaded this extension only for my PDFs, so that I could simply study. But it's not working and I was even mocked by my brother because we did a bet on this extension in which i bet as it'd work on PDFs, but now it doesn't.
- (2020-11-02, v:1.2.0) Lacey Thorner: Repeated Requests to Login
Hello, I've logged into NotesAlong and yet when I try to create a highlight in the Chrome extension, it says that a highlight can't be created - to either reload or login. The PDF disappears when I reload it and when I go to login (even already being logged in), it still acts as though I'm not logged in.
- (2020-10-18, v:1.2.0) Empathy Heals: Interferes with copying by mouse.
A couple of issues: Text highlighted by mouse is unselected when I right-click on it, making copying by using the menu impossible. Seems like some settings aren't consistent, see video clip of these issues https://gyazo.com/caeb65aeed7ac17ad635c828dcd07abc
- (2020-09-12, v:1.2.0) Erick Carvalho Campos: Problem with annotations on PDF
Hi there. When I try to write my notes on PDF files every key with navigation function on internal viewer doesnt work for annotation, instead they activate their respective functions. Example: I try to write "chrome", but when I press "r'" my PDF rotates. It happens only with PDF, for web pages its ok.
- (2020-05-08, v:1.1.2) Camille Foster: Can't log in
Hi there, I'm having problems logging in. I have clicked on the button to log in (after I click on the extension button) and gone to "https://notesalong.com/login", but the extension button still has the blue "login" button on it, which means I can't highlight anything. Is there another way to get logged in and/or to always stay logged in while in the same browser? This has happened several times now, I thought Chrome just needed to be restarted but that has not solved the issue. Thanks!
- (2020-05-07, v:1.1.2) Malia Rodgers: Tags
Hi, great app -- is there a way to tag multiple items? Also, the launcher no longer shows up in my browser. Please help, thanks.
- (2020-02-27, v:1.1.2) Pat: This doesn't work in Chrome!
I highlight across text and nothing shows up from NotesAlong. I've tried clicking on NotesAlong after I highlight text and still there is no way to highlight or add annotations. When I go to NotesAlong and view the short blurb on how to use it, there should be a little icon after the text that I highlight for me to choose how I want to highlight, annotate, add a smiley face or whatever. But there isn't anything that shows up for me to do anything. Very, very frustrating!!!!
- (2019-10-15, v:0.9.9.8) Aftab Alam: Keyboard shortcut
Hi. I like your extension and thanks for putting the time in for it. However i would like to minimise the mouse clicks by being able to highlight with keyboard shortcut. Do you support that ? I enabled a shortcut key in the chrome extensions settings but it opens a options for the extension rather than just highlighting the text in the web page. Do you support this option ?
- (2019-09-30, v:0.9.9.8) Matthew Shelhamer: Just doesn't work.
Autoload = On, Position = Overlay. Yes, I am logged in. Doesn't work in Chrome or Brave (I get the page overlay at bottom-left and can highlight but cannot annotate and when I pop out the left sidebar, it's blank). Also doesn't work in Chromium-based Edge browser (page overlay won't load at all). I would think it were maybe an extension conflict, but I only have the ubiquitous Google Translate and uBlock Origin adblocker installed on the Brave browser. Sigh.
- (2019-09-17, v:0.9.9.8) Mitchell Model: How do you annotate?
This is ridiculous and probably embarrassing. I just added the extension to Chrome on my Mac. It is on the bar with the other extensions. How do I use the extension? I select some text. What do I do to add an annotation? Is there a manual somewhere describing how to use all its features? What am I missing?
- (2019-09-07, v:0.9.9.7) Zane Myers: Saved for you in the hub
Your notes along extension looks very promising. My single question is about where the notes are saved. On your site it says they are saved in "the hub". Is the hub something that is on my local computer or something in the cloud? If it is in the cloud, who is in control of it and if it is "free", how do you plan to generate income to support this business model? Thanks for you kind attention here.