A fun and effective new tool to highlight, organize, and share information.
NotesAlong is fully free and perfect for students and anyone who is doing research of any kind. Features: * Highlight and annotate web pages and PDFs using six different colors * Organize your information through collections, tags, colors, and reactions * Share all highlights on a webpage through a single click * Take detailed notes in addition to highlights using a rich text editor * Advanced search features An alternative to traditional notebook/note-taking apps such as Evernote, Google Keep and Microsoft OneNote.
- (2022-11-20) azmath rahiman: For the past one month or so this extension stopped working. The website https://notesalong.com/login is down as well. This needs to be taken out of chrome webstore.
- (2022-10-20) Andrea Benoliel: Ainda estou descobrindo as milhares de opções.
- (2022-09-21) Jairo Alves: E até boa
- (2022-09-19) Thu Legend: Just installed this extension and let me tell you, i already fall in love with it! It offers a wide range of tools that allow u to highlight (6 colors) and comment (same as making notes) effortlessly. The extension also comes with a sidebar on the right, supporting u in keeping track of ur highlights and notes being made on ur current page. Another cool thing is that once you've signed in ur account, all ur notes and highlights will be updated and applied to the exact page that you've used the tool no matter which google account / profile you're using if you know what i mean ;) Truly one of the best annotation tools out there! And have i mentioned that it is 100% free? You should definitely give it a try ( •̀ ω •́ )✧
- (2022-08-06) M X: This extension gave me a bad experience. As a user, you have no authority over your account, even to modify the account information, and when you contact the provider for help, there will be no reply. RUBBISH
- (2022-07-05) Danielle Alexander: Simple and easy to use, great for annotating, editing, reviewing, etc. Annotation sharing is looking extremely promising and will make team projects much smoother. No more "which part are you talking about", shared highlights and comments do away will follow up questions. For future releases, additional colors and annotation categories would be helpful for quick sorting and searching (note, grammar, omit, rephrase). EDIT: They have added colors and tags! This makes identifying specific change requests much easier.
- (2022-06-14) Sissi Li: This extension is so underrated, those popular ones either have a bunch of bugs or have a real small limit to how much you can highlight. I just found this today and I'm loving it. I was surprised how you can highlight, choose colours, sort groups, and even add emotes XD
- (2022-06-12) Kelechi Mba: Copy from TrustPilot.com: I really haven't used NotesAlong for anything other than to annotated PDF's but it doesn't even work. I've tried searching to see if I was the only person but nobody seems to be mentioning NotesAlong for the PDF annotation aspect of the tool, leading me to think that it was just some type of marketing tactic to advertise the tool as being able to highlight and annotate PDF's.
- (2022-06-07) done afo: So great! I have tried a lot of tools for reading on the web, this is the best one, especially the 'turn on/turn off' feature, helps me a lot! I don't need to copy and paste multiple times when reading an article. Just one advice, plz add a way to back to my note book, I bookmarked notealong page, it would be better if there was a way to quickly open my notes page.
- (2022-03-29) Usef Kasiri: Absolutely useful extension.
- (2022-03-04) Taylre-Gene Garrison: This app is great! I just wish I could hide the sidebar arrow as I dont use it much
- (2021-12-08) Aurelius Liuciuz: The best highlight extention definitely, it easy to use, lots of cool features, good-looking interface and most importantly it absolutely FREE. You guys NEED this one, I highly recommend it.
- (2021-12-03) Ricardo: Good when it works, now I can't log in. https://notesalong.com website has been down for days. Not consistent, some of us want to use this for work purposes and it's frustrating when is not working. It's better to pay a small subscription and have a proper server running 24/7, than a free service I can't trust.
- (2021-11-24) Như Quỳnh Phạm: Hi, i need some helps. I dont know why but i cant access to your website, what can i do to fix this bug ? Thanks.
- (2021-11-11) HAMZA CHERA: A great free tool.
- (2021-10-27) Arc Lin: the UI on the right side block scroll bar. why remove a note need two step? remove note then remove highlighter? why UI doesn't close automatically? every time I add note I need to click Add and then click Close.
- (2021-10-02) Surender Yadav: The best highlighting and note taking extension I've used on chrome. It's easy to use and stores all the highlights in cloud, also the highlights can be easily categorized in folders. Just wished that there was someway to access the highlights and notes in mobile.
- (2021-09-27) Manuel Avendaño: The best highlighter out there..
- (2021-09-22) BaoBao Ting: Very good.I am a loyal user of it because it can greatly improve my study efficiency
- (2021-09-16) Shubhamkar Ayare: Good for highlighting; annotation/comment-features could improve: editing older comments, positioning of the popup, size of the popup, mouse-interaction aka persistency.
- (2021-09-14) Jayesh Kumar: very effective tool to learn new information
- (2021-09-06) Diego Ortega: Estable, algo que otras extensiones padecen. Es suficiente, aunque tiene margen de mejora. Pero cumple con lo que ofrece.
- (2021-08-29) Justin Hansen: So I have been looking for an extension that I can annotate a webpage with and then when I go to that webpage I can view those annotations. This extension is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I don't know what that guy was talking about when he says you have to log in and he doesn't want that. Um, hate to break it to that guy but you can log in with your google account and to have an extension you have to log into google. If you love annotating webpages for essays. school projects, or just documenting your thoughts about a webpage this is the extension for you.
- (2021-08-23) Felipe Higuera Cifuentes: I love it, it has nothing to envy weava, I am going to give this service a lot of use
- (2021-07-27) Alessio Lombardi: The extension stopped working a couple of months ago, it does not stays signed-in. The icon always says "Login". I then click it, log-in successfully, then the icon turns to "off", then a second later it turns back to "Login". I cannot use it anymore.
- (2021-06-26) Sofia Aleksanyan: I really like this extension, since it lets me highlight and make notes for my reading. Though, I can't type the letter 'n' within my annotations for some reason. Hopefully, this gets fixed soon. Other than that, this is just great! Thank you!
- (2021-06-21) Gábor Lippert: Works perfectly. And special thanks for not displaying advertisement in the plugin UI 🙇♂️ - that's actually one of the reasons why I returned to this extension after reviewing a few competitors.
- (2021-06-18) garden lee: cool
- (2021-06-14) ARUNBALAJI: The coolest extension for making highlights in the webpage which gives comments and emojis as well. Must have for note making. Thanks to the developers.
- (2021-05-31) Levi Johnson: Because I highlight all of the text I read for my business, this app is extremely helpful for my business. I've had some glitches with it, for instance after logging in, the app still wanting me to try to log in to turn it on for the web page I'm reading, so if they fix that glitch I'll up this to five stars. Notwithstanding, I recommend this app.
- (2021-05-07) Mario Bühler: No lee PDFs, solo Webs. Estoy haciendo algo mal?
- (2021-04-25) Mr. Soundguy: This is the most useful Chrome extension I have ever used. It helped me tremendously in college with all the PDFs I had to read for my classes. I can't recommend this enough to students or to anyone who does heavy reading on their computer.
- (2021-04-23) Ludovico Prestipino: è gratis semplice e credo che è acnhe la più completa sulla chrome web store (senza pagare) solo 2 lati negativi: è brutto che non posso esportare gli appunti in modo che non ci siano un sacco di dati e info dell'app che ostacolano lo studio perchè t distraggono mentre cerchi di leggere e memorizzare ognivolta che si rifa una sottolineatura il colore di default è giallo e lo devvi cambiare a meno ogni volta. stessa cosa per le etichette e le cartelle. sarebbe più comodo se unavolta impotata una etichetta o una cartella rimanesse settata in quella maniera
- (2021-04-18) Allia Necio: The best free website and pdf highlighter! It comes with unlimited storage and you can organize your highlights for free! Hoping they could add additional features like sub-folders and stuffs.
- (2021-04-15) Jeff Sun: Very good, but doesn't work all the time. After logging in it still shows as I'm logged out so I cannot take any notes
- (2021-04-08) Elliot Kuo: fantastic extension, does exactly what it says
- (2021-04-07) Patrícia de Almeida: Muito muito útil, ótimo aplicativo, por enquanto sem bugs
- (2021-04-04) Daniel Velho: Muito bom e de graça!
- (2021-04-02) Duong Han: This is really useful for me to both highlight with easy-for-eyes colors and annotate the information and more importantly, can sync and backup with my own Google account. It's all i ask for, so i'm really grateful. The only thing is, for the better experience, hope that i can see explicitly all the words of my own comments on the highlights (not just "1 comments" like now, so i have to click upon it to open it, so if i'm making many comments it'll be tiring, but i haven't yet now so it remains so freaking great ! Thank you for this wonderful extensions, it helps organize and make my reading more active, not passive, not just highlights but also annotate and review all the things with one Google account !! Great great job of you guys!!!!!! <33 *send loves and hugs*
- (2021-03-24) S3.NAVEGAR: Muy interesante
- (2021-03-02) Fabian Campos: 10/10
- (2021-02-25) Daniel Idarraga: The best highlighter
- (2021-02-21) Hasan Shahriar Boni: BEST ANOTATION.. SIMPLE TO USE
- (2021-02-16) Armin Aligholian: I love this, good job.
- (2021-02-14) Nazar Labunets: Probably the only extension of its kind. You can share your comments with others. Very easy to use.
- (2021-02-13) Jamil Paden: The extension isn't working for me in Chrome and PDF.
- (2021-02-12) Federico Giordano: Estensione molto comoda che mi ha aiutato molto negli studi universitari prima e nella formazione lavorativa poi. Consigliatissima!
- (2021-02-01) Saleem Rana: Without note-taking, reading is mere entertainment, a passing pleasure, but with note-taking, reading becomes something else, something grander and deeper, a scaffolding to build ideas upon each other over time, an external library of ideas that you can access when developing any body of work. This app amplifies the power of the note-taking process. It's exactly what I need to highlight and annotate notes as I read online, a remarkable app that helps me to understand what I'm reading better, capture it immediately, and archive it all in one fluid workflow
- (2021-01-28) Yx E: It's nice. Hope it will support remarks on pdf soon. And I got two more little advice. First, I hope there could be collections inside collection, which may be helpful to merge the data. Second, I hope I could reorder the collection manually, or at least options more than the default one which is based on the creating time. Thanks for your nice extension again! Please let me know if you need any further information!
- (2021-01-18) John Shearin: Fantastic. Easy to use, I love the ability to turn it on/off and how that is specific to a url and not a browser window. Notes collections are also great. 10 Stars!!!
- (2022-11-07, v:1.3.0) Aviral Yadav: Notesalong isn't loading
The website does not load and extension is also not working on any webpage. Kindly fix this very useful and simple extension. Thank you.
- (2022-11-01, v:1.3.0) Brian Hahn: NotesAlong not loading
Hello, I haven't been able to reach notesalong.com for a few days, and I can't add to or access any of my notes. Will it becoming back online, or is there a way to save the notes I've taken so far? Thank you.
- (2022-10-25, v:1.3.0) Ricardo: error when loading notes
oh no! Something went wrong. We suggest you reload this page. If this error persists, please log out and log back in. This error has been logged and one of our engineers will look into this.
- (2022-04-28, v:1.3.0) Leighla Henderson: unable to login
I am unable to log into the extension, when I click on it to log in it says there's an "error occuring and to contact the site administrator for more information" 🥺 I need my notes for my classes
- (2021-11-15, v:1.3.0) Hallie Bahn: Not working on PDFs
I love this extension so far but, while going through public records, it is not working for many uploaded PDFs. The extension either turns on but does nothing or when I turn on the extension, this message pops up: "NotesAlong does not work properly on this page. Try to use it on any other page!" Why does it work for a few PDFs but not all of them? Is there a way around this? It seems random which ones it is compatible with.
- (2021-10-17, v:1.3.0) Aninthi Ramachandran: Not able to login in
I am not able to login to the extension, i was using it and all of a sudden its showing me it has some problem try to contact the developer to resolve the issue.
- (2021-10-13, v:1.3.0) Special K: login
I cannot login. It won't respond to "login with Google". It responds with some sort of flash error if I try to login with my gmail. Help!
- (2021-09-20, v:1.3.0) Anissa Hill: Wont turn on!
Every time I click the extention to turn it from off to on it never works. I have tried everything. multiple different sites, closing and reopening the window. updating chrome. nothing works. When i am on the notesalong webpage and i click the extension a little window pops up and says this doesnt work on this page try another. but whenever i click it on any other page literally nothing happens.
- (2021-08-29, v:1.3.0) Justin Hansen: Link Sharing
I literally cannot find the link sharing button.
- (2021-08-29, v:1.3.0) Justin Hansen: Text Separation
Just a quick suggestion that may or may not be a good idea. I tend to highlight over things fast when I am in a hurry to read through something. As a result I sometimes will miss the first letter of a word. My suggestion is that when highlighting the first letter of the word should not be separated by a space by the highlight. This would make quick and fast highlights still readable.
- (2021-08-29, v:1.3.0) Justin Hansen: Space Bar Scrolling
So when I try and type a note when I press spacebar my webpage just scrolls instead of actually putting a spacebar in my comment.
- (2021-08-18, v:1.3.0) Hồng Ân: Problem with Sharing
Hi. Your extension is literally amazing. However, I do wish I could share the highlight to another device but the share option doesn't appear in sidebar. Some people in the review was encountering the same problem. Pls help me. Thanks a lot!
- (2021-07-13, v:1.3.0) Ali Hax: links wont open
Hi. I can not open the links after i share them and put them on a document. Can you tell me how to be able to open the link myself and the person i share it with? thnx
- (2021-06-25, v:1.3.0) Melissa Simila: Cannot Use of Some pages
I am trying to use the extension to highlight and make notes TPACK.ORG. It will not allow me to do so. Does the extension not work with .org sites?
- (2021-06-23, v:1.3.0) Jared Blitzstein: I don't see the "share" option like on https://notesalong.com
I was looking to leverage the share functionality but when I expanded the sidebar, I do not see the option to share. Looking at "Share" on https://notesalong.com/, it appears to be a toggle above "Load extension on". However, I do not have anything above Load extension on. Is it something I need to enable?
- (2021-05-07, v:1.2.9) Mario Bühler: PDFs
It works for webs, but with PDFs it does not work. Are you going to add that function soon? Or maybe I´m doing something wrong. Thank you!
- (2021-04-20, v:1.2.9) Art Pettyjohn: Can I "edit" notes and not "delete" them?
Can I "edit" notes and not "delete" them?
- (2021-03-17, v:1.2.9) Phillip Tang: Turn on my default
Hi fantastic extension! But I need to click the extension button each time I want to create the first highlight on a page. How do I turn it on by default for every page? When I right click on the extension in Chrome, 'Options' is greyed out. Thanks. Also... Suggestion: show the Reaction directly on the highlight without having to click through.
- (2021-03-03, v:1.2.9) Federico Giordano: Miglioramento esperienza utente
Hi, your tool is very great. I've some suggestion to make the experience even better: - save the last colour used to highlight and use it for the next ones - put the trash bottom in the first set of icons, without two step through the arrow (six icons, seven with the arrow, or eight without the arrow but with trash and folder are pretty the same thing)
- (2020-12-18, v:1.2.9) Makler Salarin: Doesn't work for PDFs
I tried to turn it on but it didn't show any response. I downloaded this extension only for my PDFs, so that I could simply study. But it's not working and I was even mocked by my brother because we did a bet on this extension in which i bet as it'd work on PDFs, but now it doesn't.
- (2020-11-02, v:1.2.0) Lacey Thorner: Repeated Requests to Login
Hello, I've logged into NotesAlong and yet when I try to create a highlight in the Chrome extension, it says that a highlight can't be created - to either reload or login. The PDF disappears when I reload it and when I go to login (even already being logged in), it still acts as though I'm not logged in.
- (2020-10-18, v:1.2.0) Empathy Heals: Interferes with copying by mouse.
A couple of issues: Text highlighted by mouse is unselected when I right-click on it, making copying by using the menu impossible. Seems like some settings aren't consistent, see video clip of these issues https://gyazo.com/caeb65aeed7ac17ad635c828dcd07abc
- (2020-09-12, v:1.2.0) Erick Carvalho Campos: Problem with annotations on PDF
Hi there. When I try to write my notes on PDF files every key with navigation function on internal viewer doesnt work for annotation, instead they activate their respective functions. Example: I try to write "chrome", but when I press "r'" my PDF rotates. It happens only with PDF, for web pages its ok.
- (2020-05-08, v:1.1.2) Camille Foster: Can't log in
Hi there, I'm having problems logging in. I have clicked on the button to log in (after I click on the extension button) and gone to "https://notesalong.com/login", but the extension button still has the blue "login" button on it, which means I can't highlight anything. Is there another way to get logged in and/or to always stay logged in while in the same browser? This has happened several times now, I thought Chrome just needed to be restarted but that has not solved the issue. Thanks!
- (2020-05-07, v:1.1.2) Malia Rodgers: Tags
Hi, great app -- is there a way to tag multiple items? Also, the launcher no longer shows up in my browser. Please help, thanks.
- (2020-02-27, v:1.1.2) Pat: This doesn't work in Chrome!
I highlight across text and nothing shows up from NotesAlong. I've tried clicking on NotesAlong after I highlight text and still there is no way to highlight or add annotations. When I go to NotesAlong and view the short blurb on how to use it, there should be a little icon after the text that I highlight for me to choose how I want to highlight, annotate, add a smiley face or whatever. But there isn't anything that shows up for me to do anything. Very, very frustrating!!!!
- (2019-10-15, v:0.9.9.8) Aftab Alam: Keyboard shortcut
Hi. I like your extension and thanks for putting the time in for it. However i would like to minimise the mouse clicks by being able to highlight with keyboard shortcut. Do you support that ? I enabled a shortcut key in the chrome extensions settings but it opens a options for the extension rather than just highlighting the text in the web page. Do you support this option ?
- (2019-09-30, v:0.9.9.8) Matthew Shelhamer: Just doesn't work.
Autoload = On, Position = Overlay. Yes, I am logged in. Doesn't work in Chrome or Brave (I get the page overlay at bottom-left and can highlight but cannot annotate and when I pop out the left sidebar, it's blank). Also doesn't work in Chromium-based Edge browser (page overlay won't load at all). I would think it were maybe an extension conflict, but I only have the ubiquitous Google Translate and uBlock Origin adblocker installed on the Brave browser. Sigh.
- (2019-09-17, v:0.9.9.8) Mitchell Model: How do you annotate?
This is ridiculous and probably embarrassing. I just added the extension to Chrome on my Mac. It is on the bar with the other extensions. How do I use the extension? I select some text. What do I do to add an annotation? Is there a manual somewhere describing how to use all its features? What am I missing?
- (2019-09-07, v:0.9.9.7) Zane Myers: Saved for you in the hub
Your notes along extension looks very promising. My single question is about where the notes are saved. On your site it says they are saved in "the hub". Is the hub something that is on my local computer or something in the cloud? If it is in the cloud, who is in control of it and if it is "free", how do you plan to generate income to support this business model? Thanks for you kind attention here.