Make your computer run smoothly by suspending the tabs you aren't using
- (2020-04-04) Lukas Werner: First I thought it was a nice feature to improve ram functionality but after a few days it started closing tabs randomly only by clicking on them. I tried it several times, specifically by not clicking on an "X" but on a regular tab symbol and it was just making it disappear while switching between tabs. After that I recovered all closed tabs from my History and removed "Great Suspender" from my Chrome extension list. It then closed all my 50+ tabs except some random 5 maybe. Again I had to recover the other tabs and after that it did not let me open a single one just showing some error message that I have to check with my extensions. So again I thought I have to install Great Suspender again and after doing so I could open like half of my old tabs with the other half still remaining with an error message (different to before). Now I have to save all tabs to a different browser so I can remove this extension again without loosing my tabs. Really confusing and random and a whole waste of time!
- (2020-04-03) Faisal Iqbal: Using the extension with MS Edge (Chromium), after being idle for some time, extension starts consuming lot of CPU constantly. Only way is to kill that instance from Task Manager. But it does that again after some time.
- (2020-04-01) Akalanka Giddawage: Nice Extension for Chrome. But there should be a way to suspend only a few predetermined sites. Like "Only work for these sires - ".
- (2020-03-31) DaeGyune Gim: 문제없이 사용중. 8Gb던 ram점유율이 4~5Gb로 내려감.
- (2020-03-30) sjain: Great extension, but the toggle to enable / disable automatic suspension is completely broken, it doesn't do anything. Thats the only negative I could find, the rest of it is amazing. Please fix it soon! Thanks
- (2020-03-30) Matthias Prader: perfekt für alle, die viele tabs gleichzeitig offen haben!
- (2020-03-30) Tomislav Kutleša: It closed tabs without warning when uninstalled, now i cannot get them back
- (2020-03-28) Лев Беленко: Отличное расширение. Были ситуации когда его резервные копии реально выручали
- (2020-03-28) Muse: 开发者也是个神人了，很棒！有一点类似ios的墓碑模式，这下标签页可以肆无忌惮的开了。不知道能不能实现恢复标签页时能够记住上次页面的浏览状态，实现真冻结。而不是重新刷新。（可能我有些得寸进尺了XD）
- (2020-03-26) LockHandle: I want this extension to support night mode! The suspended page is of white colour and has burned my eyes a few times in the dark.
- (2020-03-24) Takuari Chikushi: Must have extension, necessary if you have a slow computer =)
- (2020-03-24) Charly Allemand: Great plugin !!
- (2020-03-23) Giovanni Gavioli: Molto utile e per ora funziona bene!
- (2020-03-23) Keszler: context menu bug, also suspend other tabs option doesnt work at all/only works at time. it's a mess
- (2020-03-23) Gabe Shatunovsky: I've used this extension across multiple computers and it helps with Chrome's tendency to eat RAM so much. Whoever designed this is a genius. Thank you :)
- (2020-03-23) Phuong Tran: When this extension allow to press [space] key to reload the page I will call it great, but now it is not enough great. I hate the feeling of finding the F5 key and to lazy to reach my finger to it while there are the really large, big key as the space right below my thumb. Small but big problem, you will lose some user because of this small problem though I guess.
- (2020-03-21) yossib bez: Great!
- (2020-03-20) просто данил: обожаю прпограмма топ
- (2020-03-19) Photelegy: Genau was ich gesucht habe! Super!!!
- (2020-03-19) Victor Volinsky: Спасибо, Отлично Работает. Очень доволен. Вопрос: А есть ли аналог Вашей программы для Chrome в среде Android ?
- (2020-03-19) Odette Fernandez: AWFUL experience. I installed it. Didn't love it. Uninstalled it. I was working on a very important project and lost ALL the tabs and pinned tabs that I was working with. This happened with absolutely no warning of what could happen if I chose to uninstall. Some of my tabs had been pinned for a week so they won't even show up in my history. All the hard work, LOST. No words as how inconvenient this has been.
- (2020-03-19) 陈杰瑞: Nice！
- (2020-03-13) Sergey Qaz: Расширение отличное!
- (2020-03-12) Sherif junaid: You are seriously missing out if you are not using this extension. All I can say is "wow"
- (2020-03-12) Ilyas: Truly the great suspender! I have been using it for several years and very happy with it 😊 Special thanks for session management 🖤
- (2020-03-26, v:7.1.0) LockHandle: Night mode
The suspended page is of white colour which has burnt my eyes a few times in the dark. So please make the suspended page of black colour.
- (2020-03-25, v:7.1.0) Dmitry Berezhnoy: TGS drains CPU on latest Chrome Canary (100% CPU usage on 1 core, MacBook Pro with latest macOS)
Just a heads up, there may be a problem with the extension on Chrome Canary (to be confirmed). Some time after launch Chrome Canary starts loading 1 CPU core up to 100% on my Mac. When I kill Google Chrome Helper (Renderer) process that uses CPU, the extension crashes. I tried to play with `Enable high quality screen capture mode` setting but no luck. I'll try removing the extension alltogether and see if that's the extension or Chrome Canary. If I confirm the problem with the extension I will follow up on this report. Feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] for more details.
- (2020-03-23, v:7.1.0) JoGa Leone: how to stop message prompt when you've selected 'never suspend tab with unsaved text input'
GREAT SUSPENDER V 7.1.0 GOOGLE CHROME V 80.0.3987.149 *macOS CATALINE V 10.15.4 Beta (19E250c) i selected "never suspend a tab with unsaved input" in options menu. this causes suspender to yank me back to the tab(s) with unsaved input with a "do you want to leave without saving?" message prompt. i'd much rather manually save the user input without the message prompt. i usually have several wordpress editor tabs open at once so this becomes a common interruption. i don't want suspender to automatically suspend so i risk losing unsaved text (even though the auto-save function curbs this to some degree. alternatively, is there any way to save all unsaved text input atonce if the are all WP editor windows? as it is now, i will usually just quit chrome and then manually save whenever it is closing a tab with unsaved input. any help appreciated!
- (2020-03-22, v:7.1.0) William Nutt: "Not connected to the internet"
I couldn't function without The Great Suspender and recommend it often. Thank you. Suddenly, I'm getting the error: "You are not connected to the internet. Automatic tab reloading is temporarily disabled." However, I am connected, and when I click the page, it reloads. Thanks in advance for the help.
- (2020-03-21, v:7.1.0) Peter Ruchkin: Hasn't saved sessions properly in months
Yesterday, had to restart pc & chrome a few times, and tried to use your saved sessions feature to get back where I was but it only had been keeping window2 current and window 1 was about 6 months old. Only window1 was listed in recent sessions, which makes no sense. Also, window2 was 6 months old in Saved session->autosave. I deleted it and now there is no auto saved session. Hope to hear from you soon
- (2020-03-19, v:7.1.0) Samuel Angel Galeano: Delete
It won´t let me allow you delete your extension
- (2020-03-18, v:7.1.0) Greg N.: Enlarge the text of the title / URL
Suggestion: increase the size of the font on suspended tabs to help eyes more quickly gravitate there while flipping through tabs and trying to identify the one you're looking for. Right now first thing people see is the logo/graphic since it's bigger and slows down the process of finding the right one...
- (2020-03-12, v:7.1.0) Mand Season: Some tabs being lost
Recently, some suspended tabs aren't recoverable. They have the URL chrome-extension://klbibkeccnjlkjkiokjodocebajanakg/_generated_background_page.html and there's no way of getting back to the original tab - browser's back button shows no history. This is recent and may, though I'm not sure, have started with the latest browser update; I use Vivaldi (now 2.11.1811.47). I'm a heavy tab user and usually can't remember what tab it was, until later I find I didn't finish something that needed doing... so this error is disaster. You didn't respond to my contact last year, but please solve this as I can't live without The Great Suspender.
- (2020-03-12, v:7.1.0) Matt Gomont Diagou: Could you bring "THe Great Suspender" to Firefox?
Hi, I love your extension. Could you bring that to Firefox? Thank you,
- (2020-03-06, v:7.1.0) 2xs2xs2xs: Last state
Your extension "The Great Suspender" is very good, 98%, but: 1.9% ... I need restore the same state (incl. location on page) where I was ended (not new loading of the page from sources on server - why? because content any pages, example FB, can be changed, different). Can You RESTORE resemblance from archive suspended on disk, not only save address and RELOAD from server? 0.1% ... brown icon snoozing is ugly, or no pretty
- (2020-02-24, v:7.1.0) Nathaniel Ouellette: Add a feature
Hi the Extension is even perfect because it can record tabs session could you add only one option to auto save all sessions? thanks
- (2020-02-13, v:7.1.0) Shane Arnold: Great Suspender with Chrome Sync
Is there any way to configure Great Suspender so that Chrome Sync still works properly. If I want to open a tab on my phone from the Recent Tabs option, everything shows as the Extension and I can't get the actual website. The extension eliminates the Sync functionality!
- (2020-02-12, v:7.1.0) Luke Rinard: Feature Request: "Suspend tab /w screenshot" in context menu
Feature Request: Add "Suspend current tab, with Screenshot" to the context menu! I don't use the general "screenshot" setting b/c of the CPU usage, but I would love to be able to do it to specific pages once in a while. For example, I have a youtube video paused on one tab to use for reference - basically a screenshot already. Being able to swap out the whole page+video for a screenshot with one click would be awesome. Great software, btw! Thanks!
- (2020-02-11, v:7.1.0) 晨阳吴: Please support the new Edge browser
The chromium based Edge could install chrome extension. And the The Great Suspender works pretty well on it except that the reading view pages when suspended cannot be successfully restored.
- (2020-02-10, v:7.1.0) Derek Davis: Enterprise management
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us an option for enterprise deployments!!! I as well as I'm sure thousands of other organizations would be willing to pay for the ability to manage this plugin either via group policy or windows registry.........or even the ability to deploy a static configuration in our gold images. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE???? XTAB has an enterprise option, configurable via GPO. Please follow their lead!!!
- (2020-02-03, v:7.1.0) Journee Frederick: Do you like my hair?
Like my hair?
- (2020-02-03, v:7.1.0) Journee Frederick: Do you no know how to Download Cottoncandyhair Game
Do you know how to Download Cottoncandyhair Game
- (2020-02-03, v:7.1.0) Journee Frederick: Cottoncandyhair Game
- (2020-02-03, v:7.1.0) Journee Frederick: How do you Download Cottoncandyhair Game
How do you Download Cottoncandyhair Game
- (2020-02-02, v:7.1.0) Claudio Liberato: Português Brasil
Olá, Desenvolvedor! Adoramos a sua extensão "The Great Suspender", mas infelizmente ela não está traduzida para o nosso idioma Português Brasil e isso nos deixa desanimado. Hello, Developer! We love its extension "The Great Suspender", but unfortunately it is not translated into our Brazilian Portuguese language and that leaves us discouraged.
- (2020-01-29, v:7.1.0) 黃翊鈞: 希望可以開發一項新功能
- (2020-01-29, v:7.1.0) Tom Metro: frequent momentary freezes
Since I started using "The Great Suspender" in Chrome, I've noticed every 20 seconds or so it would freeze momentarily. This was annoying, but minor. Just recently I installed "The Great Suspender" in Chromium, an installation I have dedicated for running Slack, and one that had been operating smoothly for some months. Chromium then started having the same problem, and the freezes were longer. It made Slack unusable. I found that disabling "The Great Suspender" resolved it. I'm happy to help gather logs, run a debug version, or whatever else might help to figure out the underlying cause.
- (2020-01-25, v:7.1.0) Dori Shabat: Popups and ads
Hello, Since the last week, I have advertisements when I unsuspended some tabs. Is the a virus?
- (2020-01-16, v:7.1.0) Jeff L: How do I whitelist localhost?
I typed "localhost:*" but it doesn't work
- (2020-01-16, v:7.1.0) Scott P: not showing in Chrome toolbar
GREAT EXTENSION!! When I was using in Opera, it shows in the toolbar. In Chrome Version 79.0.3945.117 (Official Build) (64-bit), on Win 8.1 it is not showing. The only way that I can bring up the choices on a page is to right click the page. Is this the only way it will work in Chrome, or is something wrong? Also, the default Ctl-Sh-S does not do anything Please advise. Thanks