Speed up, slow down, advance and rewind HTML5 audio/video with shortcuts
HTML5 video provides native APIs to accelerate playback of any video, but most implemented players either hide or limit this functionality. This extension fixes that, plus more... It will help you optimize your video viewing by allowing you to make quick playback speed adjustments, as well as rewind the video to hear the last few second one more time. We don't read at a constant speed, and we talk much slower than we read - there is no reason why we have to listen at a constant speed and at a (very) slow rate. Once the extension is installed simply navigate to any page that offers HTML5 video, and you'll see a speed indicator in top left corner of the video player. Hover over the indicator to reveal the controls to accelerate, slowdown, or rewind the video (10 seconds + lowers playback speed). Or, even better, use your keyboard: - S - decrease playback speed. - D - increase playback speed. - R - reset playback speed. - Z - rewind video by 10 seconds. - X - advance video by 10 seconds. - V - show/hide controller. If you prefer other shortcuts, want to change the increment value, or want the player to remember your playback speed in the future, head into the settings page and customize it to your heart's content.
- (2020-07-09) Tiago Loss: Funcionando perfeitamente.
- (2020-07-08) Vaccinate_You Fools: I can't see how this has less than 5 stars. Works flawlessly and has saved me soooooo much time in medical school. Can't recommend it enough!
- (2020-07-07) Jared Draper: Works like a charm.
- (2020-07-06) SUBHAN MIRZA: WORST EXPERIENCE I WANT TH PLAY BACK TO REMAIN CONSTANT AT 2.7 AND I HAVE ALSO SET THE SPEED REMEMBER OPTION TICK AT EXTENSION SETTING BUT STILL AT EVERY VIDEO IT RESETS AT 1:00 BUT I WANT 2:7
- (2020-07-03) Norman Seiro: absolutely phenomenal, works like a charm... works on any video player that's currently playing, not just youtube.
- (2020-06-30) OLGA CHORAZY: I love it
- (2020-06-30) Arvid Darmond: This is one of my most used and favorite extensions. As a musician, I use it daily for learning new music. I don't want to even imagine not having this tool available.
- (2020-06-30) Rahul Harpal: Very helpful
- (2020-06-29) MJ Pennell: this is going to save my life in online school!
- (2020-06-27) LEA 143: thank god i got this app, saved countless hours
- (2020-06-27) Ecchi no kirai: Хорошее расширение, только обратил внимание что когда я выбираю ускоренный режим воспроизведения, а потом проматываю видео не несколько секунд/минут вперед, то видео опять проигрывается в стандартной скорости и надо опять включать ускорение, тоже самое и после нажатия паузы на видео, раньше такого не было. Как можно исправить это?
- (2020-06-26) Emre bilgin: 1 gün kala başlayalım bakalım tyt'ye
- (2020-06-25) Elyod Florian: User-friendly and effective tool.
- (2020-06-25) Lucas Santiago Fontes de Morais: Essa extensão me salvou kkkkkkk
- (2020-06-25) Daniel Jannai: Probably the best browser extension I ever had
- (2020-06-25) Raymond Subasic: Works well for many sites -- but not for some. Less usable on TV.Xfinity.com as the screen controls are partially hidden behind other content and cannot be reached. Keyboard shortcuts still usable. Overall a worthwhile extension. Many thanks to the dev(s).
- (2020-04-16) _ Lehi4_: Почему-то расширение перестало работать, ни горячие клавиши, ни стрелочки на интерфейсе скорость воспроизведения не меняют
- (2020-04-16) 최은빈: 삶의질 상승
- (2020-04-16) Utpal Anand: Done my work, great extension. It worked so well for third party website to.
- (2020-04-15) Clovis Celino: Muito funcional. Gratidão por pensar em algo assim.. Como seria criar um para controlar a velocidade dos videos do IGTV?
- (2020-04-15) Sofia Haytin: Very useful, but doesn't seem to work with the new Facebook design (appears as usual but isn't clockable).
- (2020-04-14) Murtaza Imtiaz: best
- (2020-04-10) Osama Omari: this extension slowdown the video streaming
- (2020-04-10) Facundo Grunewald: *Funciona perfecto. Altamente intuitiva y sencilla.* Y en estos tiempos donde "no hay tiempo", y todo es cada vez más acelerado, es una herramienta de gran utilidad. Muchas Gracias!! Ojalá en algún futuro esté disponible para smartphones y diversas aplicaciones.
- (2020-04-08) Simon Weisser: Super handy
- (2020-07-06, v:0.6.3) SUBHAN MIRZA: LAY BACK TO REMAIN CONSTANT AT 2.7
WORST EXPERIENCE I WANT TH PLAY BACK TO REMAIN CONSTANT AT 2.7 AND I HAVE ALSO SET THE SPEED REMEMBER OPTION TICK AT EXTENSION SETTING BUT STILL AT EVERY VIDEO IT RESETS AT 1:00 BUT I WANT 2:7
- (2020-07-05, v:0.6.3) Verdampt Mal: The R reset worked. Sorry It was not that evident .
- (2020-07-05, v:0.6.3) Verdampt Mal: It is stuck on the lowest speed while watching a video & will not let me reset ot.
Please fix this. It is very nice otherwise. Thank you!
- (2020-07-01, v:0.6.3) João Carlos: No meu caso não é possível em português, que é a que domino. Obrigado
Apoio técnico em português
- (2020-06-30, v:0.6.3) Huyền Trang Nguyễn: Không tua được video
Mình không dùng được tiện ích này
- (2020-06-27, v:0.6.3) pumpitup9090: volume controls
please consider adding volume controls
- (2020-06-25, v:0.6.2) justin fwibber: No longer retains speed settings
Every time I load a new video on YouTube it defaults back to 2x because that's what YouTube itself is set to, despite me putting the extension to 4x.
- (2020-06-24, v:0.6.2) Tony Blum: Extension Not Working In New Facebook Platform
I moved from the Facebook Classic to the new Facebook platform and your extension is not working. The box with the 1.00 appears but none of the other buttons are visible to increase or decrease the speed. When I moved back to the Classic FB version it worked.
- (2020-06-21, v:0.6.2) Portela na Tela: Android
It is possible to install under android system? If no, there are other trustly app with same video speed controller's functions
- (2020-06-16, v:0.6.2) Jessica Pan: Malware Infected
This extension contained malware that redirected all of my Google searches to Bing and Yahoo through a website called charming-tab. Once I uninstalled this single extension, my searches went back to normal. Not sure if you guys know of this or not, but this is a huge problem.
- (2020-06-01, v:0.6.2) Nelson Pardee: No Longer works with Opera
I've been using this with Opera for a long time. I have the extension installed to make Chrome extensions compatible with Opera. Within the last week it has stopped working. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but not success.
- (2020-06-01, v:0.6.2) thales barbosa: Sugestão
Uso o extensor e gosto bastante entretanto algo que acaba incomodando é quando uso o extensor pelo mouse, pois quando aproximo a seta ele abre as opções e é efetuado o que se deseja fazer mas com poucos segundos as opções desaparecem e tem que novamente aproximar para aparecer as opções. Sugiro que sempre que a seta estiver acima das opções elas continuem visíveis mesmo sem estar em uso, pois quando for necessário o uso precisará apenas pressionar o mouse uma vez, agilizando mais o uso.
- (2020-06-01, v:0.6.2) Fernando Aranha: Position on screen
You could add an option to choose which position on the screen it will appear.
- (2020-05-29, v:0.6.1) David Heatwole: controller not showing up
Hello. Upon a recommendation from a course I am taking I installed your app and the controllers arent showing up. Can you tell me how to make them show up on the videos I am watching? Even without the controller I tried using the keys to make it fastforward and rewind but nothing is working. "Hide controller" is not checked off. Thank you
- (2020-05-29, v:0.6.1) ADL: Gets stuck on .03 intervals
I love this app, but every once in a while, specifically if I'm watching a livestream, the controller will start playing at 1.03x speed, and I won't have anyway to knock off that last decimal. This means I have to either watch it at just below normal speed or just above, causing it to pause frequently. Super frustrating!
- (2020-05-20, v:0.6.1) Diago Fox: Problems on Certain Websites
Having some issues on certain websites: Amazon: On Screen display does not change with speed. Also, speed will constantly revert to default so trying to change the speed while watching a video is moot. Hulu: On screen display does not show at all and speed setting rarely works. Have to constantly hit the preferred speed hotkey.
- (2020-05-17, v:0.6.1) Ryan R: Failure to synchronize with native YouTube playback speed control
While using this extension, YouTube (Settings cogwheel > Playback speed) is not adjusted to what the extension has changed. The video itself plays at the speed you adjust using the extension, but this causes issues in closed captioning de-synchronizing until you also manually adjust the YouTube playback speed setting to match.
- (2020-05-10, v:0.6.1) Hiệp Trần: Got "If playback doesn't begin shortly please restart your device"
Every youtube videos I got "If playback doesn't begin shortly please restart your device". Disable extension to make videos working again.
- (2020-05-10, v:0.6.1) 오성연: 확장 프로그램 디렉토리를 프로필로 이동하지 못했습니다.
제목과 같은 오류와함께 작동이 되지 않습니다. 복구를 눌렀더니 삭제되고 삭제된걸 다시 추가하려했더니 "확장 프로그램 디렉토리를 프로필로 이동하지 못했습니다."라는 오류가 뜹니다.
- (2020-05-09, v:0.6.1) Edwin Yuan: Video Speed Controller Not Working Anymore
Video Speed Controller Not Working Anymore
- (2020-05-07, v:0.6.1) Parker Winters: Netflix rewind faulty
Hey there! Just wanted to let you know I have problems with the controller when I try to use the rewind feature on Netflix. Netflix immediately stops the stream and says there was an error. I have to refresh the page and use their built-in 10-seconds-forward and -rewind buttons, which isn't a big deal to me, personally. Just thought it would be useful feedback. Thank you for your hard work.
- (2020-05-04, v:0.6.1) Eliana Sanches: ELIANA
NÃO CONSEGUIR ACESSAR AS AULAS
- (2020-05-02, v:0.6.1) Gabriele Small: Can't add the extension
I can't add this extension, or an extention. How can I solve this? "não foi possivel mover o diretório de extensões para o perfil"
- (2020-04-21, v:0.6.1) Bill McBungabine: Hotkeys
Please allow any keyboard key to be used as a hotkey. I use the keys [ and ] to increase/decrease speed but your hotkey list doesn't include these keys, if you can change that it'd be great.
- (2020-04-18, v:0.6.1) Mars Ultor: Interface Disappearing
Recently (i don't know how recently probably a month or two) the black box that displays the speed of the video and allows for mouse controls will randomly disappear. this never used to happen and the only way to briefly fix it that i have found is to reload the entire page (which causes the video to restart from the beginning). this may not seem major but it is very annoying to just have to guess what speed it is on.