Speed up or slow down playback of Facebook videos
Facebook currently has no speed playback controls for their videos to speed or slow them down, much like how YouTube does it. Until Facebook itself implements the feature, may this Chrome extension serve as your interim solution.
- (2021-06-28) Unnit Metaliya: One of my friend was really frustrated because her lecturer uploaded videos only on Facebook and nowhere else. She wanted to 2x videos for revision but couldn't while exams being days away. This extension literally saved her life lol and it works without any bugs. Awesome!
- (2021-06-27) KTĐN 333: được của ló
- (2021-06-21) Adeel Aziz: really love the 5X speed option
- (2021-05-05) Yusoff Omar: works well for me..tq developer..
- (2021-03-27) Kathleen Newton: I am so glad I found this extension! I almost ALWAYS play all videos I watch on double speed, and it was AGONIZING that I couldn't do that on Facebook. TIP: You may have to refresh the page after setting the playback speed to get it to work.
- (2021-03-11) Talis Aurini: It works!! It's also really easy to use. I wish it could run a bit faster - I don't think that fastest is x2 or maybe I'm just so use to that playback speed. Haha. Thank you very much :)
- (2021-03-05) TheClamkinator L.: Phew! I should have known that others were suffering at the standard playback rate. Works nicley with Version 89.0.4389.72 (Official Build) (64-bit). I agree with Daniel Hadas that some kind of numeric indicator would be much better. Percent, or fps. Thanks! You've done something good for the world!
- (2021-03-03) Scott C. Parker: Bonus! I had to sit through a painfully slow covid training for my son's sports league at his school. It works on embedded videos that do not allow speed control. Gold!
- (2021-02-23) Mahmoud Jimmy: LOVED IT
- (2021-02-21) Robin Deibel: So needed this. The slow speeds of fb vids was killing my soul!
- (2021-02-21) Do Trinh: it works
- (2020-12-23) Toufiqur Rahman: Helped very much :)
- (2020-12-10) Daniel Hadas: Only thing I'd ask for is controls that say 1x / 1.25x / 1.5x / 1.75x etc so I can estimate how much time i'll spend watching a video.
- (2020-11-25) Anuska: needed a way to watch my lectures in fast forward in facebook and this did wonders!! THANKYOU!
- (2020-11-07) Aneeqa Chaudhary: Absolutely loved it!
- (2020-10-31) My VideoUp: Great Job Guys!
- (2020-09-04) HitTheRoad.rentals: The only options the extension gave me was pause || and PIP. chrome Version 84.0.4147.135 (Official Build) (64-bit), Mac, but there is also the whole new Facebook look that might have messed things up. I really wished this worked
- (2020-08-31) Graeham F: only works with classic facebook, btw.
- (2020-08-24) Ambideluxe Moments For Living: Works, refresh the page and activate it.
- (2020-08-10) Anand Shankar: Awesome. Tks a ton. Works like magic!
- (2020-08-05) Melissa Tinsley: I can't get it to work on the latest version of Chrome August 2020. Have refreshed and tried different sites, but it won't change the video speed. Was so hoping it would work! Are there any options that do work?
- (2020-08-04) W C: When I click on the extension it brings up the ability to go into settings buy I have no idea how to change anything. Nothing works and tried refreshing etc.. .
- (2020-06-24) Public Matters: Excellent, Absolutely marvelous. Very nice
- (2020-04-16) PROGRAMAS DE TELEVISIÓN VICTORIOSOS: its good thanks ;)
- (2020-04-15) Mikre-ab Abera: works as promised. install it and then go back to the fb page with the video you are trying to view. refresh that page and then click on this extension's icon. voila.
- (2019-12-26) Rick Allen: Love it. I pretty much ALWAYS listen to speech at faster than normal speed, and Facebook was the holdout. Installed, refreshed, and presto. Works great.
- (2019-10-23) QinFeng Chia: great productivity extension
- (2019-10-03) Alex Tsomaia: It does what it says it does. Refresh after install and you're good to go.
- (2019-07-17) Vlad Dinburg: funciona muy bien, gracias!! Al que no le funcione, lo tiene que seleccionar en la parte de extension al tener el video abierta.
- (2019-06-23) Nick Young: Works as described. Make sure to refresh page after install though.
- (2019-06-08) carol motsinger: This works perfectly! I open the facebook video in full screen then click the extension and it gives you the speed choices. If it doesn't show the options just refresh the page. great for scanning through a video to find a certain part you need
- (2019-05-25) Fit With Fahad: Been looking for something like this for ages! Thank you!
- (2019-05-18) Matty 444: Amazing, thank you !!!
- (2019-04-21) K Pretto: I did have to refresh the tab it to get it to work, but once I did that, it was great! I was transcribing some videos and I appreciated the multiple slow-down functions. The sound quality seems slightly more distorted than when I use the speed function with YouTube videos, but overall, it was exactly what I needed.
- (2019-03-18) Charlie Shaughnessy: Didn't work /w watchlist.
- (2019-03-02) Panerakis: It works as expected, open up a facebook video, and then click on the icon on the top right of your chrome. It has some options for the speed. Thanks!
- (2019-02-02) Fan Chan: Extremely happy with it, it's very helpful and useful.
- (2018-12-23) Does not work
- (2018-11-14) tuyen nguyen: fantastic
- (2018-06-15) F L I T Z: Omegad. I've been wishing for this for so long! Tried and tested, works perfectly! Latest chrome build 66.0.3359.181.
- (2018-06-11) Crystal Parker: Good idea, won't work with my facebook. Played a video changed the settings, but the video stayed at the same speed.
- (2018-06-11) Alexander Torrijos: It works. It speeds up or slows down the currently playing video on Facebook.
- (2021-04-11, v:0.2.0) Lynn Lange: I can't get it to work but I might be doing something wrong
I added the chrome extension to slow down the facebook video and click on it but can't get it to actually slow down the video.
- (2020-12-21, v:0.1.1) modiX: Works great, but
Works great, but I think it would be nice to have controls embedded into the Facebook player. Similar to the YouTube. Suggesting for a friend who asked me for a good extension. I installed this for him and I think it needs more polish. :)
- (2020-11-03, v:0.1.1) Jennifer Laguna: not working
not working for me :( I just click on it. Am I doing something wrong, or is it a new FB thing? Thx
- (2020-08-30, v:0.1.0) Alan Stevens: speeding up videos in new Facebook
Previously able to double speed videos in Facebook classic, but the extension is not working in the new version of Facebook. When will you have an update for the google extension please?
- (2020-08-23, v:0.1.0) L. Matsuda: Stopped working
Worked perfect with the old Facebook. Now that Facebook is moving us all to their new interface, the extension has stopped working. Please update. Thank you!
- (2020-08-05, v:0.1.0) Grant Sparkes-Carroll: does this work?
the options are greyed out and nothing else I can see changes the speed
- (2020-07-20, v:0.1.0) Rhett Nichols: help!
this worked and was WONDERFUL but then the 2nd time i went to use it, stopped working. i have removed / reinstalled, refreshed the page, updated chrome, etc., and I can't get it working again. has anyone else had this happen and figured it out?
- (2020-07-17, v:0.1.0) Rhett Nichols: Thanks! & Question
What are the actual speeds of Fast, Faster, etc.? Knowing that will help me estimate how long things will take. Thank you : )
- (2020-05-22, v:0.1.0) Rick Tashma: Kudos for FB speed control
Rem - Since I'm unable to post a review at this time, I will use this to say thank you for creating this simple and valuable extension! Been watching more FB vids recently, so the "normal speed only" thing is a problem. Am currently on Chrome 80 (need to close my scads of tabs and update); loaded the extension; refreshed the window; shazam! Most appreciative, - Rick
- (2020-04-06, v:0.1.0) Len Berger: Speed control.
I tried to use the speed controls on my Facebook videos and I had no speed change no matter what I clicked on. It used to work fine, but today it wouldn't work at all.
- (2019-03-16, v:0.1.0) Gloria Kovacevich: No change in Facebook video speed at any of the settings
I'm using latest Chrome on W10 HP Pavilion X 360 (brand new laptop), added the extension ... chose "slow," "slower," "slowest" with video running, and on pause and no setting changed the playback speed.