Open your Microsoft Visio files for free
Our Free Visio Viewer for Mac, Windows, and Linux helps Chrome users collaborate with colleagues that diagram in Microsoft Visio. Use Lucidchart to open Visio files saved to your computer, attached to an email, or posted on a website. ★ Supported file types: .vsd, .vdx and .vsdx ★ Supported versions: 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 Once you’ve installed the extension, you can: ★ Open Visio files from your computer: Click the Lucidchart icon on your toolbar and select “Choose file”, or drag and drop your Visio file onto the page. Because it's web-based, Lucidchart is a perfect alternative to Visio for Mac, Windows, and Linux. Enjoy real-time collaboration, access to your diagrams from any device, and an intuitive editor that’s easy to use, not to mention import and export for Microsoft Visio files. It’s never been easier to diagram in the cloud.
- (2021-08-02) Andrey Bryukhanov: Показывает vsdx файлы, тексты, в том числе, кириллицей, вкладки.
- (2021-01-28) Mikey Dickerson: Can't render most of the graphics in this vsdx file. Can't export or save without signing up for a plan. Somehow crashed the whole browser window where I attempted to run it.
- (2020-12-16) David T.Q. Pham: Installed the plugin - Opened the file, looked good. Tested saving or printing features but got thrown right into the "Give us your info before you can test any further." - Nope! It's 2020, and if your product is good, people will come back and no need to gather additional information - You could already tracking the IP where the requests coming from, time, date, etc. for marketing purposes...I gave it a three stars for its capability to open the visio file, but decided not to proceed further nor even seriously consider buying the product for backward and frown upon gathering people info policy.
- (2020-04-12) rosdiana putri manalu: Sedikit membantu
- (2020-03-26) Rupin Shah: Doesn't work
- (2019-12-20) Pavel Vlasov: Not an extension actually. Just a facade for the web site.
- (2019-10-16) Danny Saville: Doesn't support R2L language (e.g. Hebrew). The texts all all mirrored. NO USE.
- (2019-10-15) Ricardo Cordeiro: This is an EXTREMELY DANGEROUS chrome extension. Once you use it with a diagram it gets uploaded as hosted on lucidcharts.com. Its content is left PUBLIC FOR THE WORLD and you are not given the option to delete it or restrict access to it afterwards. This leaves the diagram's content available to anyone in the world who knows the URL. PLEASE TAKE EXTREME CARE NOT TO UPLOAD SENSITIVE CONTENT!!! If you've uploaded content and you need to delete it you can fill in a support case as suggested on https://lucidchart.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360000688683-Delete-a-file-uploaded-as-guest and pray that they accept you as the owner and proceed to delete the diagram from their servers.
- (2019-10-15) shuo yang: 加载四次都没加载出来，每次加载一个文件的速度慢的令人发指
- (2019-09-27) sirmyself: Works perfectly for me and is exactly what I needed.
- (2019-07-28) Sergey Samorodsky: Работает OK, с задачей "Посмотреть содержимое Visio-файла, сделать скриншот" в бесплатной версии справилось.
- (2019-07-24) richard coleman: Review doesn't actually let you view Visio files, it sends all of your information to their web server for it to convert it to a web page (and presumably keep a copy of your file).
- (2019-07-23) Martin Šalgovič: It cannot open .vsd file from sharepoint using URL, only files from disk. But otherwise it's good visio viewer with capabilities like zooming, panning, fulscreen presentation, publishing and others. It offers paid features for creating and editing visio charts.
- (2019-07-16) jp m: 需要上传～，没点安全感就是了
- (2019-07-05) Chunyan White: The viewer displays vsd document alright. But export to pdf, or print or save requires subscription or signing up. But when I try to sign up, it just kept complaining about server error. Rubbish.
- (2019-02-22) Rukario Rodenberger: It wouldn't open any of my Visio files. Don't waste your time with this program. Removing it.
- (2019-01-16) Morten Janke: Shows the different layers in a drawing, but does not show a complete drawing. Deleted the plugin after 10 min.
- (2018-12-06) Alex Blackburn: My life will never be the same! I have never been able to view Visio files, let alone to view them so painlessly and cleanly. Free Visio Viewer is a top tier product that is easily worth the money. 10/10, would pay twice as much for such a complete and amazing utility. Get it while it's still on sale and you'll never be dissapointed!
- (2018-11-29) Árpád Boros: Beware! This extension uploads document to their server!
- (2018-11-19) Ragnar Von Lodbrok: Seems to be doing a better job than the Microsoft viewer for IE.
- (2018-09-28) Brad Edwards: When I suggested to Grandma that she might want to stop creating her weekly "wazzup" diagrams in Microsoft Paint, I had no idea she'd start using Visio. Thanks to this free viewer, I can keep up on all her latest diagrammed escapades. Now if I can just get her out of the nineties and start using Lucidchart. (Grandma, if you won't do it for me, do if for the doggos!) Works like a champ for viewing and even printing other Visio files, too. My mullett hat's off to you, Lucidchart!
- (2018-09-10) Darren Pearson: Every Visio document I imported worked great! I love the simplicity and power of Lucidchart on my mac.
- (2018-09-04) Niels Peter Gibe: Unable to print or export to PDF makes it next to useless for me
- (2018-08-29) Geoff Maddox: Works as expected.
- (2018-08-23) Kevin Hwang: I have a lot of Visio files from work. I noticed Lucidchart may be a better solution for diagramming. With this plugin, I see the real power of Lucidchart. Good Job!
- (2018-08-23) Matt Dawson: Amazing...it let me see my visio document without installing visio!
- (2018-08-09) Shaunak Shah: Oh god! This makes my life so much more easier. Works perfectly for me. I used to work on Visio a lot but since migrating to Lucidchart I realised is so much better than Visio and saves me so much time. Love you Lucidchart!!! Bye Bye Visio
- (2018-05-28) KRUL: doesn't works.
- (2018-05-04) Brian Chalk: Getting server side error when trying to read a visio file.
- (2018-05-01) Dennis Wolfe: Does not work. Only returns a server error. So now I assume it's sending all my data to the Russians.
- (2018-04-30) Razee Khan: Does not work. Always show server error.
- (2014-12-08, v:1.4) Michael Bailey: Cannot make this work
Only option showing in Gmail is to go to their website. No extension icon or option available.
- (2014-02-27, v:1.4) Ani Ramos: Doesnt work at all
After I installed it, and restarted the Chrome, I can see the icon to open in Lucid chart, but when I click on it, it opens a blanc tab and nothing happens.
- (2013-11-27, v:1.2) Tom Bindley: Not even remotely working
The options in gmail are to download or save to Google drive. That's it. No option to open in your extension or Chrome or anything. The extension is enabled. I restarted Chrome. Nada. Total waste of time troubleshooting this.