Extends the 1Password app on your Mac or Windows PC, so you can fill and save passwords in your browser.
⚠️ Requires the 1Password Mac or Windows app: https://1password.com/downloads/ If you have 1Password on your Mac or Windows PC, install this extension to fill, save, and generate passwords in Google Chrome. Learn more: 📘 https://support.1password.com/1password-extension/ 📺 https://youtu.be/JQzbn4SCiZg If you aren't using the 1Password desktop app, get 1Password X for the full 1Password experience in your browser: https://1pw.ca/x
- (2020-01-14) Colten Rouska: 01/14/2020 - This no longer works. It does not communicate with the desktop client anymore. It always fails to prepopulate fields on Chrome 79 Mac Catalina. On windows it works every time. Mac it has slowly been failing til now where it doesn't work at all. :( 11/12/2019 - I've been a user of 1password for a couple of years now. Previously purchasing some of the stand alone versions before the subscriptions started coming out. I've always preferred this extension over their 1passwordX extension because I like for chrome to be able to fill in my passwords and use the same keyboard shortcuts that I would use for opening 1password on my mac without them competing to open. It seems like this extension is dead. I've been noticing that form filling and password filling is slowly not working. It used to only happen on a few websites but now it seems like I have to manually copy each field. What will happen is I will open 1password with the keyboard shortcut. Select the website I am on and hit enter. At that point it used to fill in all details and I could proceed from there. Now when I hit enter it closes the 1password popup. Then the 1password popup opens again but this time it doesn't know what website I am on and shows me the beginning of my list. To try to resolve this, I can sometimes get it to work by making sure a text input is focused. But that seems to only work for some sites. I've also noticed that if text is already in inputs, if I clear them it works as expected. I don't want to go to 1passwordX - I don't like it - I feel like I am being pushed that way even in support channels from 1password. :( I'd be happy to change my review if this issue was officially resolved.
- (2020-01-13) Jonas B Imbault: Since they now have a subscription service I feel the support for all licenced based user is worst and worst. I understand your bread and butter is no longer us but there is a lot of people like me who purchased multiple licenses.
- (2020-01-10) Andrew Free: Broken
- (2020-01-05) Han Harry: NOT WORKING ON MAC. EVEN REINSTALL 1PASSOWRD, CHROME, EXTENSIONS.
- (2020-01-02) Uhl A: I switched to 1Password after years of using another password manager and was so impressed I wish I switched sooner! The product is well-designed and "just works". And when I've had issues or feature ideas, they have one of the best support teams I have ever interacted with. And while there's a newer "1Password X" chrome extension, I prefer to use this one in conjunction with the 1Password Mac as I think it provides a simpler and more consistent experience.
- (2020-01-01) Steven Kinley: Half the time it doesn't autofill the password information. Contacted support and they said they are aware of the issue. This was more than a month ago and it hasn't been fixed.
- (2019-12-30) Архив Архивов.: Stopped to work few days ago. Browser: Chrome Version 79.0.3945.88 Extension: 188.8.131.52 LOGS: Refusing helper connection from "C:\Users\...\chrome.exe", because of untrusted certificate.
- (2019-12-26) Miao Hu: No update for half an years, now full of bugs. Always can not fill and I have to restart macOS/Chrome to make it work again.
- (2019-12-22) Yannick Spang: Using 1Password for ages and was a huge fan of it. Not anymore. Since months Chrome Extension doesn't do it's job well anymore. I am facing the same problems like other reviewers here, e.g. Sean and Strand Sylvester. As we can see in the answers from the team, the only solutions are: a) Switch to another browser (and change your whole workflow). b) Switch to 1PasswordX (and pay the subscription) Especially solution b shows me how 1Password did change it's attitude. Obviously they know how to fix the issue but won't fix it in this extension (for months) since they want to force their loyal customers who made them big back then in the subscription model. General words: totally get that a software business need to generate a relevant income stream. But hey, we are talking about a simple password manager here. All those new features I simply don't need and I just won't pay USD 96 per year for that. Subscriptions are booming, get I get this as well. But does someone has in mind that this money also need to come from somewhere? For instance, I am using about 40 apps and extensions. Some of them are USD 40 per month, some are USD 8 per month. Let's say average is USD 20 per month, which results in about USD 800 per month. Only for the tools one person need to work with. It's getting ridiculous. Looking for alternatives to 1PW now. After being a happy customer for years.
- (2019-12-17) RODOLPHE JEREZ: Très décevant la V7 ne prend même pas en charge Yandex Browser... Donc obligé de rester sur la V6... Et inconvénients de la V6 Elle est obsolète sur Safari....
- (2019-12-16) Christopher Smith: Apparently if you bought the stand alone (non-subscription) they give you a version of the mini/chrome extension that doesn't work well. It won't auto-fill half of the time and is missing features of the subscription version. It hasn't been updated in a long time and is not working well on Catalina.
- (2019-12-16) Franziska Lüthi: Wahnsinnig kompliziert diese Extension zu installieren. Ich gebe auf... denn ich mag nicht meine Zeit damit verschwenden. Aber schade, kostet ja was das Ganze. Es sollte wirklich unkompliziert sein. Habe mich überall eingeloggt. Add Extension und dann komme ich auf die normale Webseite. Habe das App runtergeladen. War auch gerade drin d. h. eingeloggt. Aber nichts. Es funktioniert einfach nicht.
- (2019-12-13) Luiz Lima Jr: I cant use this extension, i always have problem with it and never work.
- (2019-12-06) Tor Arne Vestbø: Does not work in Brave! Does not connect to 1Password 6 Version 6.8.9 (689001).
- (2019-12-06) Robert Hohenester: Autofill does not work in Google Chrome
- (2019-12-04) Saul E.: Using it for ages. Indispensable. Fills your passwords, personal info, credit cards and more just with one touch (your finger if you have Touch ID). All protected. (Thanks to 1P I can block all browser from remembering my personal info).
- (2019-12-04) Sean: Hardly ever picks up the site properly anymore. If it does it and I click AutoFill it clears the search, and doesn't do anything.
- (2019-12-04) Haofu Han: 一直在用的工具， 最近不知道是Chrome更新还是插件、app更新后， 就不能使用了，希望开发商尽快解决下
- (2019-12-02) Strand Sylvester: Used to work great, and I was a big fan! Now I warn people to STAY AWAY. It consinstely doesn't open the Chrome Extension, or even the desktop app when I am using chrome. Have to uninstall and reinstall every few days. Unfortunately my work uses it, so I'm stuck. If anyone else is deciding between 1pass and another service, go with the other service. I'm not sure or when 1pass got away from caring about ease of use.
- (2019-12-02) Oliver Pohl: 1Password hat mein Leben vereinfacht. Danke!
- (2019-11-30) Kazuhiro: パスワード管理に長年使っていて、他にもいろいろ試しましたが、やっぱりこれが安定していて使いやすいと思います。 最近は機能が増えたり少し複雑な面もありますが、データも安定して引き継げますし、乗り換えたいなと言う思いはほとんど沸いたことは今のところありません。 セキュリティー強度に関しては素人なのでわかりませんが。 ※Mac で使用。
- (2019-11-29) 范熙熙: win10，chrome无法使用，本人订阅客户，体验超级差！！！！！！千万不要订阅！！！
- (2019-11-23) Christian Skjetne: Does not have the useful login pop-up at the login field - makes it useless
- (2019-11-19) Phuc Nguyen: keep broken after chrome or 1password upgrade
- (2019-11-18) 王家豪: It doesn't work on Chrome ver 78.0.3904.97. What's going on here?
- (2020-01-16, v:184.108.40.206) che ndeh: poem
ultimate stateman channel tv founder deserve payment time being work directly place order for war material .My finance received by che david ndeh netspend america .Relationship to such an extent come close to desired neccessary soviet power.that parties maintain sufficiently make useful as soviet instrument strengthining soviet influence. Western effect supporters world clearly che ndeh remind is foreign colleague to be reliable and resistable ones pleasant.Notes reflect viewpoint steadiness justifying country begaviour at the middle. British noted records for congresss anti_soviet union good.Instead soviet union is good 1795 was the for foreign record communism emphASIZED COURSE BY THEMSELVE PLANNIG
- (2020-01-16, v:220.127.116.11) 1Password Support Team: 1Password Team
If you are having issue with the 1Password extension, please send us an email to [email protected] with all the information and we'll be happy to help you asap! :)
- (2019-12-29, v:18.104.22.168) Ken Fairlie: Browser
I want to stay with the Firefox browser not Google Chrome..Please clarify..Thank you.
- (2019-12-28, v:22.214.171.124) Steve Wilson: Login not found in extension search
I have several 1PW records (logins, credit cards, etc) for my primary bank, USAA. One, a login, was created 5 years ago. Just recently, after I updated the login, it has stopped appearing in searches within the Chrome extension, even if I search all vaults (v7.3.712 1577563760, Win10 box). Removing and reinstalling the extension has not cured this, nor has duplicating the record. The record is found (searching for "USAA") in the application. I don't use the extension on mobile devices, and haven't verified this issue exists on my Macbook. Any thoughts?
- (2019-12-27, v:126.96.36.199) Gayle Reaume: linking 1password to chrome
I've tried multiple ways to get it installed (both versions) so I can autofill sites on chrome.
- (2019-12-22, v:188.8.131.52) 江南微南: 插件无法使用了
- (2019-12-18, v:184.108.40.206) Daniel Bulli: All i see now is "desktop app required"
Stopped working today. When i click it just says desktop app required and launched a new chrome tab. I have to manually open the desktop app and copy paste.
- (2019-12-18, v:220.127.116.11) Stanford: NOT WORKING
Simple: works on my iPhone and iPad, but read only on MAC!! I am paid subscriber very very frustrating [email protected] skype stanfodlif
- (2019-12-04, v:18.104.22.168) Haofu Han: The chrome extension is not working
Before, it was working well, but recently, I don't know what causes the chrome extension stop working. My chrome version: 78.0.3904.108 and the extension is up to date. 1Password 7 Version 7.4 (70400012) Mac App Store
- (2019-11-28, v:22.214.171.124) Barry McCloskey: Browser Extension Not Working
As so many others have reported, I too, am experiencing the extension not working in Safari, Firefox and Chrome on my Mac computers. Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I have used 1Password for a few years and am seeing it deteriorate with time, not improving.
- (2019-11-28, v:126.96.36.199) Danzel Leigh: Browser extensions not working
Browser extensions on Safari and Chrome not working same as many others have reported. This has been a problem for a long time now. Please fix. 1Password 7 app is installed and open. I have been using it for a long time but for the past few weeks the browser extensions do not work. I installed and reinstalled several times with no success.
- (2019-11-26, v:188.8.131.52) Traci Weilemann: Extension not working with Chrome
The 1password extension isn't functioning with Chrome and hasn't for a couple of weeks. Please update it! This extension is a better user experience than 1password X on my Mac. When I try to use it now, I'm prompted to add the extension, even though it is installed and enabled.
- (2019-11-26, v:184.108.40.206) Jeff Norris: Not working
What the hell. IPassword is not working. Really really really frustrated with this program. Not user friendly at all. Don't know where to go to get help. Wants me to install even though I have been using it for a couple of months.
- (2019-11-22, v:220.127.116.11) Michael Carruthers: browser extensions on Safari and Chrome not working same as many others have reported. This has been a problem for a long time now. Please fix.
1Password 7 app is installed and open. I have been using it for a long time but for the past few weeks the browser extensions do not work. I installed and reinstalled several times with no success. I see on Twitter that this is a problem for many users
- (2019-11-21, v:18.104.22.168) Jennifer Beehler: Chrome extension hasn't worked for several days
I've tried removing and reinstalling the extension, quitting and restarting chrome, etc. -- I only get the "1Password Extension (desktop app required)" menu. I do have the desktop app installed, and I really miss having the extension auto-fill feature working.
- (2019-11-21, v:22.214.171.124) Thorsten B.: TouchID
Hi guy´s, is it normal that there is no support to use TouchID in this plugin?
- (2019-11-19, v:126.96.36.199) Ryan Oakes: Unable to activate extension in Brave browser
Extension loads, but then when I click the icon, the app doesn't open. Upon clicking, I just get the "installation" dropdown that says "1Password Extension (desktop app required)" as if I'm right-clicking. Any idea what's up? I've deleted and reinstalled both the browser and the extension, removed it from Chrome as well. Thank you.
- (2019-11-18, v:188.8.131.52) Joe Shandera: 1 Password extension
I have to reload the extension every time after shutting down my computer! What do I need to do to correct this?
- (2019-11-15, v:184.108.40.206) Hirohide Sano: 1Password chrome extension is not working
I found many error messages in extension manager. -- 1Password detected a high number of disconnections from the browser extension to the main application between Fri Nov 15 2019 13:22:38 GMT+0900 (日本標準時) and Fri Nov 15 2019 13:22:58 GMT+0900 (日本標準時)