The best way to experience 1Password in your browser. Easily sign in to sites, generate passwords, and store secure information.
1Password X requires a 1Password membership. If you don't have one yet, you can sign up when you install 1Password X to get 30 days free. 1Password is a password manager that keeps you safe online. With 1Password X, you can access everything you need directly in Google Chrome. Fill and save passwords, find and edit items, and more. See everything 1Password X can do: 📘 https://1pw.ca/x-start 1Password X is under active development. Get involved. Let us know your feedback: feature requests, bug reports, we want it all: https://1pw.ca/x-help 💡 Why 1Password? You want to use different passwords for every website, but it can be hard to keep track of them all. 1Password will manage your passwords for you: generate, save, and fill your passwords. With 1Password you only ever need to memorize…one password. All your other passwords and important information are protected behind your Master Password, which only you know. 1Password X is more than just a password manager. It integrates directly with Chrome to give you access to 1Password where you need it the most: in your web browser. Get the full power of 1Password without installing a desktop app. 1Password is available on all your devices: Mac, iOS, Windows, and Android, so you'll always have all your information with you. Any changes you make on one device are immediately available everywhere else. Find out more at 1Password.com.
- (2020-01-25) Emad Abdullah: All good but it doesn't prompt to save password after i login in any website.
- (2020-01-23) Jerry Neely: This extension used to be a real time saver. Recently, though, the session duration was changed and it logs me out several times each day. Having to repeatedly log back into the extension makes it more trouble than it's worth. At that point, I might as well just use the app and copy/paste. It's very unfortunate because this extension used to be great. === Edit === Thanks for pointing out where to configure it!
- (2020-01-12) John Davis: Very Buggy, vaults sometimes lock and can't be unlocked without removing and readding. No Fingerprint auth also is a deal breaker. I'll continue using the old extension.
- (2020-01-08) Dimitris Litsas: It works fine so far, no problems at all. Cheers!
- (2020-01-03) Michael Kitzman: As far as I can tell you have to use the mac app to change the password if the suggested password doesn't work and the only way to get to the suggested password config screen is editing an existing password. The only way I could figure out how to do this is to save a bad password the website didn't accept, go into mac app, find that site, edit site, click on password, find settings icon, click that, generate accepted password, copy that and save, then go back to website and paste generated password in then save and overwrite the saved version.
- (2019-12-31) Nathan Wearly: While I prefer Lastpass and the way it asks to save passwords AFTER a SUCCESSFUL login, It is starting to grow on me. My company decided on 1Password. Works without issue on Vivaldi build 2.10.1745.23. One thing i would like is to be able to set my own timeouts before logging me out.
- (2019-12-20) Sergey Bystrov: На хром-мак после блокировки невозможно войти, инпут для ввода пароля не активируется. Приходится входить в web-версию, после чего плагин начинает работать. До следующей блокировки базы.
- (2019-12-06) Andreas Grauel: Best extension. I'd love to see this extension for Safari. It's so much more intuitiv as the app version.
- (2019-12-03) Gustavo Augusto: Simply does not work as expected. Since last update, sometimes auto fill does not work at all, sometimes it work after using 1password reload 2~3 times... Quite frustrating
- (2019-11-20) Benjamin Mahler: Unfortunately it seems the new 1Password X extension no longer syncs with the desktop app on MacOS, as it appears uses 1password.com directly. This breaks my setup since my 1Password account is provided through work, and my personal passwords are kept in a vault that's sync'ed with dropbox. Now the extension can't find that dropbox synced vault, and it appears I can't add that vault to 1password.com. This makes the extension unusable for anyone using a dropbox vault as far as I can tell. Hoping to hear otherwise..
- (2019-11-16) James Neale: I'm honestly not sure how on earth this made it through testing. It's clearly a better product than previous plugins and I'm sure if you're starting out fresh with 1Password and you use this then it's great, but for me as a long time user it's insufferable. There are two major issues: 1. It no longer suggests passwords for sites that may not be entirely specific. And even then it doesn't update properly if you try to work with it. I'm not sure entirely what's wrong here, but I have multiple user/passes for the same domain. Before, I would see prioritised list with the most likely suggestions on top and other options below (e.g. when in subdomains). Now I see just one suggestion (the old plugin would show 4 or 5) and even if I go to 1Password desktop, edit the other login I need to use to make it domain specific, it still doesn't show up so I have to manually copy/paste from the desktop version. This update might just be a latency thing, but I'd still expect it to have worked within a few minutes. 2. Point 1 would be tolerable if the creators of this app had made a proper search when opening search from the plugin. Right now I can open this, search for a keyword that should return me dozens of options, and yet all I see is the one for the webpage I'm on (even though the domain should match many more) and a bunch of completely irrelevant options that have nothing to do with the keyword. So where before I could find any password from the plugin, I now have to open the desktop version. I've tried this for 2 days and had enough. Utterly garbage if you're coming from the previous plugin.
- (2019-11-15) Beto Espitia: Love 1Password. Been using it for years and now on the family plan.
- (2019-11-15) Maksim Mur'ye: Doesn't work with the TouchID on Mac although the old extension, the one without an "X" (which is still available in the store), supports the TouchID.
- (2019-11-07) Gunnar Wagenknecht: The user experience with regards to filling websites is definitely an improvement over the "classic" extension. However, it's lack of using Touch ID for unlocking is a too big comfort loss. Thus, it's not worth switching to it.
- (2019-11-06) Varun Samuel: For some reason the web extension basically hangs completely when trying to sign in. It looks like the sign in succeeds but then it just hangs, and worst of all it causes the whole browser to hang. UNUSABLE, FIX THIS!!!!
- (2019-11-03) Filippo Bichi: Why the "Offer to save passwords" in the Chrome settings get disabled automatically once the extension is installed? The older version of the extension (luckily still available) I remember would allow that. I use one computer for private and business use. Sometimes I need to save passwords on Chrome as they are connected to my company and other times I need to use your extension cause I want to login or save passwords from personal websites I visit (outside of work). Is there a reason behind this choice?
- (2019-10-30) Adrian Ziemkowski: Quite a usability downgrade from the 1Password 7 companion! Doesn't share a session with the main app, so you have to sign in twice when using both! It also seems to lack Touch ID and feels generally clunky (and more like a webpage in a popup than a native extension).
- (2019-10-30) Gene Michael Anuat: Hey there! Love the app, but I'm not sure if it's due to a Chrome update but I seem to be having issues with typing in my pw. The cursor will freeze and won't allow me to punch in any keys, so I'm unable to use the Chrome extension at all. It got fixed about a month ago and started happening again :(
- (2019-10-17) Барин Бритва: I didn't find Windows Hello support. It's hard to use the extension without that feature. I'll wait for it.
- (2019-10-16) Shannon Farr: I've been using this extension for a while without issue - it's been great. However, lately the extension is getting "stuck" and will not load. Not only that but it times out my computer, so that I can't access anything in Chrome until the rainbow spinning wheel disappears. Very frustrating.
- (2019-10-06) Sebastian Mieszczańczyk: 4 stars, because sometimes it fills only email/username without password and user needs to copy paste it (chrome extension). When you will fix it, it will be 5.
- (2019-09-30) Donald King: I'm beginning to think that the 1Password thing is a complete hoax. I have tried everything to get the app to do anything but ask over and over for the stupid long masterpassword and secret key...I've tried contacting customer support and telling them whats going and I got one email promise that they'd do whatever they could to fix my problem about a week ago...have I heard anything back? NO Have I received any responses to my "chat" fool...nothing and emptiness...I tell EVERYONE I come across the STAY AWAY FROM 1PASSWORD and tell them everything I've experienced since the unfortunate decision to purchase the peice of electronic farce. The word gets out and hopefully this garbage will be removed from the commercial langscape.
- (2019-09-28) Candy Greek: I don't like this at all!!! I can't get past the, scan this or enter or password manually!! No matter what I do!
- (2019-09-19) jahrvis jahrvis: Hello! Add the option to configure the generated password parameters. It is in the application but not in the extension.
- (2019-09-19) Joe Ortenzi: This update is a major pain! The browser extension used to ask me for my pass when I right clicked a field and selected "Open 1Password", and then I could select my pass and it worked. Now, when I right-click it says "Show 1Password", so I have to press the show key combo several times and sometimes it freezes but when it doesn't, it shows me nothing, no suggestions even though I had suggestions selected. So now there's several keystrokes to do what used to be 2 or three. The previous browser extention worked, something went horribly wrong with this recent upgrade. Same issye wether on FF or in Chrome, so it's not Chrome specific.
- (2020-01-22, v:1.17.0) Casey Walsh: Complete window not visible
When I try to open 1Password from Chrome (the browser extension), the whole window is not visible, I can only see the corner on the upper left. This is making it very difficult to work with. I'm running Chrome on a Macbook Pro with Catalina.
- (2020-01-07, v:1.17.0) James Shaloiko: new user
I have signed up for 1password and loaded it onto my desktop. however when I sign into web sites, 1password does not ask me to save any passwords
- (2020-01-01, v:1.17.0) Ross Tzankov: unable to save new credentials
Hi, I can't save new credentials in my stores anymore. 1P complains my internet connection (broadband 24/7 cable) and in the same time it pops a new window with some help content coming from the web. As a workaround I use the desktop or the mobile versions to do the job, but it is a drag to fill all the details by hand.
- (2019-12-21, v:1.17.0) Kay Brendel: How do I discontinue using Password1
Would like to discontinue use of Password1. Just don't understand it.
- (2019-12-12, v:1.17.0) rumble media: The chrome extension is not activating?
I am in Google Chrome Store trying to reactivate my extension on my browser but it is not letting me. Got a fix for this little hiccup on the latest update for Mac
- (2019-12-01, v:1.17.0) Josh Smith: Freezes in chrome
Every time I start a new Chrome session and try to unlock my vault, the drop down password dialog box won't allow me to enter my password, it's super slow and only takes 1 character every 20 seconds or so. I have to open "manage extensions" turn the extension off and back on then works fine. Or I have to open the 1Password online application and sign in there. It's very frustrating. Issue doesn't repeat on Firefox. OS: MacOS Catalina Browser: Chrome Version 78.0.3904.108
- (2019-11-04, v:1.16.2) Duncan Beard: 1password
How do I get started?
- (2019-10-21, v:1.16.2) Maciej Kwaśniak: Double input focus
Hey I noticed that this extension is triggering (focus -> blur) event on inputs fields which is interrupting apps event handling. Basically if an app's input is observing for focus event it will be called twice or if it's observing blur event it will be fired on first focus. Could you please fix this issue?
- (2019-10-19, v:1.16.2) Anne Clermont: 1PW Chrome Extension - Can't Sign In
We upgraded our 1Password to a family plan, and I downloaded the new extension and when I click 'sign in' a new window opens, but it's blank. I can't sign in at all. It's so frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- (2019-10-18, v:1.16.2) Chantal Kastrun: short cut function doesn't work anymore
Hey guys I love your software. Though I would be really grateful wether you could tell me if the short cut function shift+cmd+X was disabled from your side since the last update, or if something in my google extension (1PWX) needs to be activated again. I really loved that function!
- (2019-10-11, v:1.16.2) Chrome extension freezing
My chrome extension keeps freezing so I can't enter my master password. The cursor doesn't blink and when I try to type in it, nothing happens. After a minute a few characters appear but the delay is so long it's not possible to use it.
- (2019-09-21, v:1.16.2) Nishad Sourav: plz add pin support for chrome extension
every time to type your master password is really annoying and unsecured. plz add pin to unlock the extension or windows hello support. i think the latter one will be more secured.
- (2019-09-14, v:1.16.2) Jerod Cykoski: Upgraded to 1Password7 and now extension isn't working
I Upgraded to 1Password7 and now my extension isn't working, what do I need to do?
- (2019-09-11, v:1.16.1) Libby Stanley: I have a 1Password license. How do I open the extension in Chrome? It wants a Secret Key, only necessary for a "membership."
I have purchased a 1Password license. How do I open the extension in Chrome? It asks for a Secret Key, only necessary for a "membership." I do not have a Secret Key
- (2019-09-07, v:1.16.1) Xavier Shipley: ma
- (2019-09-06, v:1.16.1) Robert Garbay: 1 password if flaking out and I dont know what to do. I cant get into my etrade account!!!!!!!
Yesterday 1password was working fine as usual. That was 9/4/19. I have a mac running 10.13.6. Today, 9/5/19, I went to get into my etrade account and when I clicked on 1password to get my password it asked me to install the chrome extention. I did some web research and I read where there were some changes with safari in September so I thought maybe it had something to do with that. I installed the extension and it kind of worked a little, but every time I went to the the little circle on the tool bar it would ask me to install the extension again. I would click on the gear and open 1 password and it would open but it's not the same like it was and etrade blocked me out. I have to assume it is 1password because that is the only thing that changed from last night until today. I have to call and deal with security to see what happened to get it resolved. I assume it has to do with 1password. Still every time I click on the 1password icon it tells me to add 1password to google chrome. I already installed it and it was already installed from a long time ago. I am not happy and your customer service is horrible. I am trying to find a solution and I spend my nights writing this stuff to you guys and waiting, who knows how long for a reply. No immediate solutions here and I paid you guys and get horrible customer service!!!