Dragon Web Extension for Chrome
For Dragon 13 or later, this extension gives Dragon's full power in Chrome: - clicking objects by name (e.g. say "Click Contact" for a link named Contact) - enhanced dictating and editing (note: in Google Docs, you can work directly or indirectly) See our video! To enable the extension, click “Add to Chrome,” confirm, then refresh (bookmark this page in case you later want it). To see that it's enabled: in Chrome, click the menu icon > Settings > Extensions and look for Dragon Web Extension: a. If its "Enable" box is empty, click it. b. If the extension is absent, return to this store page and click “Add to Chrome." For details, please see Dragon's Help menu and www.nuance.com/dragon.
- (2021-02-22) Ben Shore: the Dragon web extension constantly fails. It needs to be reinstalled every time the browser is rebooted. the machine learning does not work well to personalize the UX. Trying to get Dragon to recognize any document or email client has thus far failed and therefore the personalization is more limited.
- (2021-02-16) Will Norris: This extension crashes constantly on Chrome and Firefox and always has. When it works it's very good. I like it, when it works. Years of 1 and 2-Star reviews makes it clear, literally don't care if it works or not. This is what they call their "consumer" market. Nuance started with training wheel versions of Dragon Recognition Personal / Professional. Now list on NASDAQ with huge vertical markets and their "consumer" market is no more than dust on their pants. They seem to have no more than a nuanced view of what a Google Chrome Extension is about and what we need. The company's website is filled with beautiful, inspirational ad agency copy about who they are and what they do. Enjoy these gems on www.nuance.com/about-us/who-we-are.html - "Exceeding expectations is a baseline for us—so much so that our customers have come to expect it." A baseline expectation of 1-Star ratings for a Google Chrome Extension is not acceptable? Also see on their site - - "Relentless overachievers" Please, please achieve a bit for the Chrome consumer users. - "Professional listeners...we never forget the importance of paying attention." Hey, you, listen up, pay attention, here's another 1-Star. - "Understanding a customer’s distinct needs, obstacles, and goals is the key to tailoring a solution that succeeds on every level" Please read the reviews for clues to what is distinctly needed in a Dragon Recognition Extension for Chrome Web Store. Exceed, please. BTW - I typed this keystroke by keystroke 'cause the Dragon Web Extension crashed. Could have used "Dragon Dictation Pad" but didn't, I want to retain the nuance of my negativity.
- (2021-02-10) Carl von Baeyer: I love Dragon -- I've been using it for 17 years on Word, Notepad, Excel -- but the extension for Chrome is terrible. It stops working unpredictably, And adds capital letters unpredictably after pauses (like the word And back there). The extension for Firefox is even worse, and usually doesn't work at all. On the other hand, dictation on the Microsoft Edge browser seems to work well – on a brief trial –without any extension. And living in the Google and Mozilla world I don't really want to switch to Edge. Earlier comments suggest using other dictation apps, and I might end up with that.
- (2021-01-29) isabelle lepicard: s' arrete tout d'un coup sans motif. apparemment je ne suis pas la seule. quelq'un a t il solution ?
- (2021-01-26) Lily Gabriel: Very rarely works.
- (2021-01-22) James Brown: This software is a joke. That Nuance can't get it to play nicely in any browser, negates many of the benefits. I have been using a Mac at work and you can enable voice dictation. You just need to hit the ctr key twice and speak. As poor as the Mac dictaion is, it is far more reliable and robust than using Dragon in a browser and the latest version is very accurate. This product's days are numbered and they know it, which is why there are no updates or supprt.
- (2021-01-17) Howard Maxwell: Game Changer! This app especially now with the 15.60 update is an absolute must for anyone but a large volume of communication. Years and years and years ago I think I was one of the very first users of a Dragon NaturallySpeaking 3.0 which only recognized two out of three words. The company has improved it to where it is way up in the high 90% and even closer to 100% should you be a diligent user of the product. As a commercial insurance broker in Sacramento California I found this to be a must and if you give it some time and some diligent training I have to think you will feel the same. Howard Maxwell Sacramento, California Albuquerque, New Mexico
- (2021-01-12) Jack G: The Chrome extension is not something you should use regularly. It simply has no reliability. It tends to crash quite often and even in many of the common programs that both individual and professionals use. Use the dictation box as often as you can. If the extension were to be debugged and experimented with common applications it would be worth the money. Takeaways. If you need Dragon get it and use it. If you need to use it on web browsers use the dictation box or get a Mac and use their speak recognition. Sadly the web extension is not up to par.
- (2021-01-09) Alan Babcock: Extension is working well for me. I have had no problems with that loading, and it has not crashed. I tried a free voice to print program recently, and I quickly returned to Dragon. Dragon has improved my productivity tremendously. When it is incompatible with a program, a dictation box appears.
- (2021-01-05) Fred B: L'extension ne marche pas souvent correctement, les bugs sont tellement nombreux qu'il est impossible de les répertorier.
- (2021-01-04) Clive Marshall: It has become very temperamental. One day it will work perfectly, the next it refuses to do corrections and when it does, the suggestions made have no relationship to what was said. I wish I could work out which day would be good and the Factors that made it so. For example, in this review, day came out David.
- (2020-12-28) Charles Swicegood: I bought the very first one to the newest one! the first one was better than 15 If it would let me I would reinstall one the older ones
- (2020-12-25) Kenneth Armstrong: Dragon 15.6 will not work with Word 2019. Word tells me that I need to install the extension, and yet the extension is installed. I will try rebooting the computer to see if that helps to get Dragon to work.
- (2020-12-24) Jack Cormier: I am not really sure how companies like Nuance stay in business with products such as Dragon Voice Recognition Software (which is actually a misnomer in and of itself).
- (2020-12-21) Gavin Guerette: It just plain does not work, it will not click anything I ask it click and what is programmed doesn't work. When I say "click new tab" the mouse is moved to the bottom left corner of the plus top icon. I'm sure the program told the mouse to click, however the most is clicking just outside of the interactive box. Another problem I have is I can't select the correct tab when I have multiple tabs opened up with the same heading using Dragon software. Honestly, Dragon isn't really that good of a software anyways, but the lazy development of this extension is displayed through its inadequacy.
- (2020-12-16) Mitchell Chong: This extension is a failure. It always tells me to restore the extension thinking that the extension has been removed or corrupted. I know my extension is not corrupted. I had to restart the computer every time for Google to work properly with Dragon and then it only works for 10 minutes and tells me to restore the extension again. Is there another dictation program that is going to work properly on Google Chrome?
- (2020-12-11) Scott Davis: 400K Users and they don't fix it. Crazy. Constantly have to restore the app.
- (2020-12-07) Richard Kettlewell: Ridiculously unstable.
- (2020-12-06) Calvin Yang: This extension just does not work. It has been installed but the application does not recognize it as installed so it keeps trying to reinstall it. Dragon support was not helpful. They just tell me not to use Chrome. Oh and they also say Internet Explorer and Edge are not supported. What a farce. How can they sell something that functions this poorly.
- (2020-12-02) Amir Nowtash: It either constantly crashes (Chrome asks me to Restore it, because it's been disabled), or just does not work in Chrome sporadically. It's been that way for at least a year, so I have ZERO hope it will be fixed. I have to use the PITA Dictation Box to write anything.
- (2020-11-07) Julian Eli Capata: I would have dictated this, but Dragon Naturally Speaking is likened to a Natural Poop, a cepestory might help it come out better, but after starting with Golden Voice in 1979, and the latest version of Naturally Speaking, if this was grading for what it is, from A to F, I would give it a G-, that is not to disparage G's though. . .Julian Eli Capata, Attorney at Law. . Los Angeles, California . . ..thank God for Spell Check
- (2020-11-07) Stef Bosmans: Extensie werkt niet naar behoren in Chrome.
- (2020-11-05) Albert George: Dragon Web Extension customer service is terrible . . . no, it's ghastly!
- (2020-11-03) Eric SILBERBERG: The extension does seem to cause browser problems in things like Facebook messenger and other modern HTML 5 apps. However I still need it because most of my time is spent working in a browser. I know that technology moves quickly but I expect more from a company like Nuance.
- (2020-10-27) Betsy Byler: Whyyyyyyyyy can Dragon not figure this out. It seems like the problem we all have is the same. It works and then it doesn't. For no reason I was dictating no problem, then bam. It stops. I have to unintall, reinstall and sometimes do that more that once and reboot and maybe it works. What the hell. Seriously Dragon, figure it out! It shouldn't do this. Have the extension send you crash reports. And fix it, it can't be that hard.
- (2020-10-21) Virgil Power: I have had to dictate this review on a Word document, copy it and paste it. The extension simply does not work. It is frustrating and time wasting.
- (2020-10-13) Michael Beijer: As usual, garbage. Do yourself a favour and use something better, created by a company (in this case a single guy) that actually cares and will respond to your emails promptly. I currently use and highly recommend: http://www.speechproductivity.eu/
- (2020-10-12) Mark Havemann: Works for a bit, then stops working...
- (2020-09-23) Douglas Teten: As you see with many other reviews, every time you remove chrome from your screen or restart your computer's the web extension simply disappears. Occasionally, it goes away on a random basis. When is working it works. When it is not it is almost like a random letter generator. It stopped working completely now. If anyone's reading this, you need to check out Windows 10 new speech generator. It is getting closer to Dragon all the time and it is free.
- (2020-09-21) A Balan Sothinathan: Software works on and off. Works better without the extension at times but capitalises unnecessarily. Need to enable and disable extension when using, depending on the application. Looks like the developer is not listening to their customers. With so many bad reviews, they should just remove it as a chrome extension and say it does not work from the beginning.
- (2020-09-13) Elena Rodriguez: My Dragon frequently stops working almost about every 2 days. Sometimes it will behave if I restart it, sometimes it won't. Sometimes it kind of renews it self and goes back to the original settings rather than those i requested. it' very annoying and time consuming.
- (2020-09-08) Janet Dowley: Nuance - get this fixed! How many bad reviews do you need?
- (2020-08-27) Angelo S: Completely useless. I'm very disappointed that the browser extension for the most widely used browser in the world created by one of the most prominent voice recognition software companies is such a mess, especially considering the cost of the software. The best part about this extension? It doesn't do anything whatsoever. Dragon works equally "well" with the extension activated or disabled.I am unable to utilize any of the browser specific commands.
- (2020-08-23) Nancy Becker: WE ALL CERTAIINLY SHOULD GT OUR MONEY BACK AND THEY SHOUD BE REPORTED TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. I AM DISABLED, have usesd dragon profession since graduate school and am typing with 1 finger becaused it has locked in both dragon pad and dictation box. i Paid 150$ and they ave ruined my productivity. i think we should report them to better busiesss. 3 techs have just put on this etension and as you all KNOW TOO WELL, it LASTS FR ABOUT TEN MINUTES.
- (2020-08-06) James Rawlinson: Works, but keeps getting disabled and you have to reinstall it repeatedly. I wish I knew a fix for this.
- (2020-07-31) Brendan Irwin: This plug-in drives me up the wall with it's constant integration issues. I am endlessly having to restart Dragon and Google Chrome to try get the 2 programs working with each other. It really boggles the mind that Nuance haven't addressed these issues. I last used the program in 2018 & now I'm back to using it in 2020 and nothing has improved. What we need is a good competitor in the marketplace to put some pressure on Nuance to get their software working reliably and integrating.
- (2020-07-17) Chris Ożόg: Incredibly frustrating. This should be a really good and useful product. The problem is that it isn’t. In fact, it is not even close. It simply stops working constantly. This means you can be in the middle of dictating something online, trying to search on Google, or trying to use social media, and it simply stops. For example, I cannot write this review using the Dragon extension, because it is not working. There is an excellent irony in this. I simply cannot believe that a product that is this expensive has an extension to a web browser which is as poor and inconsistent as this. It is the same problem with Firefox too. When it works, it is excellent, but really that’s 2% of the time. Really poor performance from Nuance. Note: it was updated on July 16. I am writing this review on July 18. There is literally no difference.
- (2020-07-04) MICHAEL HEMMING: I'm having the same problems that many users have expressed. Why hasn't Dragon fixed the problem? It basically works intermittently and I end up using Dragon Pad which is not bad but an extra step that I should not have to use. Mike Hemming
- (2020-07-02) Dr Charlotte Mawbey: Works properly less than 5% of the time. Thanks guys!
- (2020-04-12) Jodi Nogueira: This NEVER works. Ive tried upgrading 3 times over the last few years and its always one glitch after another. I spend more time trying to get the program to work than if I had just typed everything out. Works when it wants to. Wont work with google chrome anymore, freezes with word and excel. Frustrating.
- (2020-04-09) Lynette. Blue: I have invested in the Dragon at least six times over the last fifteen years or so. Always with good results until this one! Not only is this one undependable but, it costs more than any other Dragon before this! As a matter fact, when I went back to return this Dragon because I did not want to I was told that there is no refund on the Dragon! I have actually referred this have a lot of my friends who have bought it in the past but after this last experience that won't happen. I feel like I deserve to have gotten refund or somebody would've worked on the Dragon for me! I haven't registered it and I've had it for eight months but I am so upset about its lack of ability to perform that I don't want to bother registering it.
- (2020-04-09) Claude Eggertsen: I have to reinstall it every few days.
- (2020-04-08) Lisa Andelin: Horrible. Doesn't work.
- (2020-04-01) Kristen Boney: Have never been able to get it to work- I rely on Dragon on my work computer and love it, it's too bad this extension is so terrible
- (2020-03-30) Paul Schulte: Over two years since the extension was announced, it still doesn't work. And the reviews above show that Dragon has known this but nothing has been done. (It's interesting also that I have found it impossible to mark the many critical reviews as helpful) Yes one can can paste in materials from Dragon Pad. But that is slow and clunky. Why hasn't this been put right? It seems a straightforward, and increasingly inexcusable, software support failure. AS MANY OTHERS HAVE SAID.
- (2020-03-23) Christi Gardner: Dragon needs to do SOMETHING about this!! HORRIBLE & faulty!
- (2020-03-18) Peter Lejeune: when working and if you speak very slowly and clearly it is good. But the number of times it stops working, crashes other applications, and otherwise interferes with productivity makes it a questionable utility.
- (2020-03-17) Gary Shepard: This extensive, it is certainly a disappointment. Reading the reviews is hard to add anything that is not already been said. Given my investment in this product it is certainly a deep disappointment and one would expect Nuance to respond.
- (2020-03-09) Alison Chruscinski: Every problem expressed in all the previous comments dating back to 2016 is still true. The extensions do nothing once in a great while it will work but only for about 3 to 5 minutes at a time. If I want to use Google chrome to let say send a message from my Gmail account; I have to open up a Word document and copy and paste; which is what I am doing right now. It’s worked fine on every other browser but Chorme, I got Dragon because I’m an individual with a disability. But these issue pretty much renders Chorme useless to me. My electronic health record system just updated from explorer to Chrome so now I either use explorer or get an new EHR system. This is so frustrating! So here we are in 2020 and there hasn’t been any attempts to correct this issue or create a better extension to make things more accessible to individuals with disabilities like myself.
- (2020-03-07) Ernie Simmons: it is absolutely brilliant I can't think of anything better. It does what I tell it to do fantastic 5 stars
- (2018-05-25, v:18.104.22.168) Frans Brust: Audio Bleutooth Headset
Als ik wil de microfoon activeren via de rode knop met symbool van een micro, dan krijg ik telkens het antwoord "Het audio invoer-apparaat reageert niet". Na de laatste Update van Windows 10 Graag een antwoordje. Dank u. Frans Brust.
- (2018-05-22, v:22.214.171.124) Anant Suchak: This extension just does not work
No matter what I do this extension just does not work with chrome. I have reinstalled chrome I have restarted chrome I have reinstalled the extension. I'm not sure what makes this thing work. Can the developer please respond. It seems that there are other users who have real problems with this extension and their questions are not being dealt with - does that mean we reached an end i.e. the publisher is not interested.
- (2018-05-21, v:126.96.36.199) Use of program
When I try to start using the program I get the following: "The speech engine returned the following error: failed" What does this mean and how do I fix it.
- (2018-05-19, v:188.8.131.52) Sasha Lezz: Keeps crashing
The extension keeps crashing and will not become operational again even after a restart in the browser unless the computer is rebooted X2
- (2018-05-18, v:184.108.40.206) Albrecht Debruyne: Microfoon activeren
Als ik wil de microfoon activeren via de rode knop met symbool van een micro, dan krijg ik telkens het antwoord "Het audio invoer-apparaat reageert niet". Graag een antwoordje. Dank u.
- (2018-05-17, v:220.127.116.11) John Baker: web extension
Dragon Web Extension needs to be added to Chrome multiple times a day What can be done to correct this issue? Please address this issue immediately
- (2018-05-17, v:18.104.22.168) John Baker: Dragon Web Extension Isssue
this web extension is continuously deactivating on Chrome What must I do to keep it permanently activated as it's extremely frustrating?
- (2018-05-17, v:22.214.171.124) Bradley Hobbs: Interface
For as good as the software itself is,,, The billing and interconnection aspects of this company are right out of the 1980s. It's kind of amazing how bad it is relative to the software.
- (2018-05-16, v:126.96.36.199) Pat Tardi: Dragon Stinks
always loosing extension, never works when i need it, just another poorly made software
- (2018-05-15, v:188.8.131.52) Rajiv S. Khanna: Repeated crashes
The extension keeps crashing and will not become operational again even after a restart in the browser unless the computer is rebooted. This is quite painful.