Good old Wikipedia gets a great new look
As featured on TechCrunch, Lifehacker, Gizmodo, Fast Company and The Next Web: Wikiwand is a new award-winning interface that optimizes Wikipedia's amazing content for a quicker and significantly improved reading experience! ► New clean layout for optimal readability ► Great modern typography ► Convenient fixed table-of-contents ► Quick preview when hovering over links ► Multi-language search with thumbnails ► Beautiful, immersive cover photos ► Larger photos and better media gallery ► Easy article narration and audio playback ► Color, font and layout personalization ► Dozens of other improvements Like Wikiwand? Please rate us ★★★★★ Q: How do I use Wikiwand? A: Just install our light extension and keep using Wikipedia as usual. The Wikiwand interface will automatically appear every time you visit a Wikipedia article. Q: How does it work? A: It's simple. The extension replaces links to Wikipedia articles with links to the same article on Wikiwand. Q: Can I still read the original article on Wikipedia? A: Of course! Click the "Wikiwand" logo, then "Read on Wikipedia" Found a bug? Got a suggestion? http://bit.ly/wikiwand-support
- (2020-01-23) Fibert Loyee: 这个插件可能是想要使用 现代化 维基百科 页面的最佳选择了。传统的默认维基百科界面在扁平、质感化的 0202 年已然不能称为界面优美了。还好现在有了 Wikiwand 的帮助，让我无缝体验到了维基百科上的现代化设计。
- (2020-01-11) Batu Yiğit ERTEN: Good but images can't be opened.
- (2020-01-09) Serge Tanguay: Excellent ! Je n’avais jamais entendu parler de Wikiwand. Wikipedia devrait réellement s’en inspirer pour moderniser son interface. La présentation des articles est beaucoup plus aérée, beaucoup plus nette. Et l'extension fait son travail à la perfection. Excellent! I've never heard of Wikiwand before. Wikipedia should really take inspiration from it to modernize its interface. The presentation of articles is much more airy, much cleaner. And the extension does its job perfectly.
- (2020-01-05) Nick Han: 很棒，只可惜现在无法访问了
- (2019-12-30) Mohit Ravani: Given wiki's ad-free nature, I don't see how it's OK for the extension to start throwing ads onto the page.
- (2019-12-25) Jérémie Lumbroso: What started as a thoughtful restyling of Wikipedia, turned out to be a nefarious plot to embed ads. Wikipedia has fought tooth and nail to make sure it never has to show ads, certainly not for this joker to be doing 1/100000th of the work and collecting financial rewards. AVOID!
- (2019-12-12) Siyu Shen: It looks good at the beginning, but soon I found more and more ads in the page. The ad is not only floating in the right side, but also appear between paragraphs. Every few paragraph there will be an ad. Well, if it's just this, I will be able to understand, however, the ads are always flashing, which makes me unable to focus on the contents. I think these flashing ads are totally unacceptable and contradicts with the purpose of making the reading more comfortable and immersive.
- (2019-12-06) Louie Lu: Has someone run into the issue of the preferred languages cannot be saved? Every time I refreshed the page, my preferred language turned into English and French, regardless of how I set them before.
- (2019-11-17) tj y: There is always a useless log 'detect link' in the console. Many other extension also use ctrl as a trigger key, so it would be better to add a shortcut to trigger the extension.
- (2019-11-16) _Akin: If wikipedia is blocked in your country, this extension is your go-to.
- (2019-10-31) Muhammad Jamaluddin: Simply beautiful!
- (2019-10-24) 今枝郁夫: ぼちぼちだけどいまいちな感じ
- (2019-10-22) Moritz Lübken: It seems Wikiwand just started to display several ads in every article. Additionally it shows a popup asking to install the extension although it's obviously already installed.
- (2019-10-22) Li Ryan: Great app until they add ads. 在加入广告之前是个特别棒的插件
- (2019-10-22) Thisath Ranawaka: One of the best extensions to Chrome to exist. Makes reading Wiki so much better, with increased clarity and customisation options. High quality product!
- (2019-10-21) Shaun Pedicini: Doesn't show "Simple English" entries for 99% of articles, they've introduced advertisements into WIKIPEDIA which is just insane, and it now constantly bugs me to install the extension - despite... already having the extension installed. I've heard good things about the ZeroWiki extension so will be shifting over.
- (2019-10-21) Luis Pachón: Le han metido publicidad desde octubre de 2019.
- (2019-10-20) Craig M: This extension is amazing! Wikipedia is so much easier to read and looks awesome too!
- (2019-10-20) David Beebe: Was great until they added ads. All the pages are now littered with them. Its unbearable
- (2019-10-20) Ahmed Maher: It was great till they added ads; I generally am not bothered by the idea of having ads, but they over did it, especially as a start. Plus, the upgrade button doesn't actually work with me or at least has bad UX.
- (2019-10-13) Ivan Roca: It was an amazing idea with a few bugs, but, Wikipedia is not a place for advertising. No advertising, please.
- (2019-10-13) Coenraad Loubser: Horrible and ad-infested. Would be usable without the ads.
- (2019-10-11) Rodolfo Melega: Es una hermosa interfaz, soy docente y preparo apuntes para mis alumnos con ella;posee una elegante tipografía y queda muy bien.
- (2019-09-29) 庞烜: wikiwand跳转报错进不去页面 关掉就可以用wiki了 现在还有人更新么
- (2019-09-28) Naveen Dahiya: Amazing
- (2014-03-11, v:1.23.21) Near Privman: Better support for browsing the original Wikipedia
Currently you have a 'Read on Wikipedia' option in your menu, which I sometimes use when I want the familiar interface (as a new user who doesn't yet have full confidence in your app I often want that). It's useful, but after I use it to switch to the original interface, every navigation within Wikipedia takes me back to Better Wikipedia. It would be nice if the setting was a little more sticky, e.g. internal links within Wikipedia wouldn't redirect to Better Wikipedia, or you allow switching for the entire session, etc. The way it currently works made me disable your extension entirely before I really gave it a chance.
- (2014-01-25, v:1.23.21) 3rd party tracking cookie subverts security and privacy
I found content from a http://resources.crossrider.com/apps/30846/resources/meta/0 being loaded/stored across all domains, which results in a mixed content warning on any SSL session. I have identified your extension as the source of this untrusted/insecure content. I suspect it is intended for some form of usage tracking/analytics, but I did not opt-in to any data collection based on using this extension. Furthermore, since the mixed-content mode subverts the security and privacy of SSL connections, I must remove this extension until it can behave properly.