Notifies you in multiple ways to take breaks and helps you with eye exercises based on 20-20-20 rule and with lower back exercises.
If you are spending too much time in front of computers, your eyes are the ones that gets strained to the maximum. Taking breaks at regular intervals will help to ease this strain and to protect your vision. A good rule here is to follow 20-20-20 rule to keep your vision intact for a healthy future. As per this rule, every 20 minutes, take your eyes off your computer and look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds. eyeCare will reminded you to take this break in multiple ways. Features: 1. 20-20-20 rule based break reminder setup. 2. Ability to customize the duration of the reminder. 3. Ability to run in the system tray from system startup, even when Chrome is not running. 3. Provides you instructions on how to spend your break time. 4. Ability to customize and configure the break alert using desktop notification, sound notification etc. 5. Ability to disable and enable quickly when needed, with a single click. 6. The extension icon can flash/blink as break reminder for 20 seconds 7. Countdown display of the time remaining for the break (can be used as a standalone countdown timer too). You can reset the countdown as required. 8. Automatic synchronization of settings across your browsers, based on your browser user profile. This is a must-have extension for computer professionals with lower back (spine) related problems, neck pain, eye-strain related headaches and red-eye. Repetitive stress injury (RSI) and eye strain are the common ailments among computer users. Taking a break every few minutes is going to save your health and vision. Have a great health! - “The greatest wealth is Health.” Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/care.for.your.eyes Website: http://eyecare.sksapps.org/
- (2020-03-15) HuongThi Khong: Very useful for a screen person like me
- (2020-02-24) Anoyint: Good, but would be better if the popup didn't scroll through the exercises automatically (it draws my eyes back to the page) and if it had a timer for looking away.
- (2020-01-16) Anthony Foulfoin: It is useful but there is no alert once the 20 seconds have been reached, so I don't know when the break is over.
- (2019-12-26) dd dede: Hello! This app worked perfect for me. I'm an office worker and had dry eye problem at night. And now it's not happening. Wonderful! Thank you thank you thank you!
- (2019-12-11) Valeriy Kundas: Crashes on Ubuntu. Is there anything to fix it?
- (2019-11-07) Ajinkya Borade: I have set it for every 20 minutes with Nokia annoying sound with a message 5 pull ups. And it works like a charm. Refreshed me every 20min's :) Thanks for this app
- (2019-08-09) Arush Verma: Sorry for 1 star but I want you to notice this review. This release is corrupted. Please do something about it.
- (2019-07-02) Prateek Kapoor: Very good, very helpful for a developer it reminds me wherever screen I am
- (2019-06-12) vidya sagar: It is working fine in Chrome installed in windows, but it crashes as soon as I try to open options in chrome of Ubuntu 18.04. It would be good to make it work fine in Ubuntu's chrome browser as well.
- (2019-04-10) Borislav Madzharov: Works very good, will be perfect if on the exercises page has button which resets the counter and perhaps closes the exercises page too.
- (2019-03-17) Sridhar Ratnakumar: Chrome reports that this extension may have been corrupted. Reparing doesn't get rid of it.
- (2019-02-21) Nathan H: Would be great if everything worked properly. Unfortunately I could not get the desktop reminder to work and the sound is so so loud.
- (2018-12-10) Ure Grit: WHY THE #$%& DOES THIS READ MY BROWSING HISTORY?!! I am removing this app because clearly the developer do not respect privacy.
- (2018-11-29) A Google User: Great extension. For those who prefer different experience, Try "Babu Eye Protector" in chrome web store.
- (2018-08-29) Deepak Kumar: Very Very helpful , Thank you
- (2018-08-15) ka ja: Very good, recommended for all.
- (2018-08-15) Never Lie: Thank you! it is really helpful.
- (2018-08-14) Parmeshwar Changulpaye: Nice extension. this is what I want to reminde me in sometime to take a break!!!
- (2018-06-10) Yimo Awanardo: Why do you need to read my browser history? It is beneficial to use I totally agree, but I still can't get why you need my browser history. Can't you disable your need for that option? This is certainly nowhere close to 5 stars unless you stop doing so because most of who use this app are probably quite smart and will notice that you use it. + This isn't a super duper app to make money from it by selling our private browsing history, just saying. If you need money, add a donation button, people are generous.
- (2018-06-08) Caner Aydın: it says This extension may have been corrupted. when i click
- (2018-06-05) Roger Chu: I have been using this for months now. It is very helpful.
- (2018-05-18) Daniel Velez: I think the "Take a break" page should have a black background as opposed to the current white one because it would be easier on the eyes.
- (2018-05-17) Michelle Christina: I love apps that remind me to act like a human, and this is one of them. My eyes are always strained from staring at the screen, and I can feel the difference (some relief) after using this.
- (2018-05-08) Legendarysnake: can you make the messages slower? the messages are too fast when its break time. those 5 messages are too fast. im a slow reader and im having trouble with it.
- (2018-04-24) rajesh bajjuri: Nice App, It will start working as soon you switch on your computer and keep you remind about eyes.
- (2020-03-17, v:0.0.1.6) Markus Koe: does not work on chromebook
Hi, unfortunately this extension does not work on my chromebook. It says the extension might be corrupted...
- (2019-09-19, v:0.0.1.3) staxa1995: Support in eyeCare development
Hi! I'm interested in development of this great eyeCare extension. Please let know if it possible. Thank you in advance!
- (2019-03-01, v:0.0.1.3) Charlie Copperfield: Does not run in the background
My "Keep it running, always" selection is not getting saved in the extension and it does not continuously run in the background/system tray on startup even after selecting "Keep it running always". Is there any way to keep it running when Chrome is closed? Thanks
- (2018-12-09, v:0.0.1.3) divyesh soni: Spelling correction
Mistake is highlighted in scrennshot at https://prnt.sc/lsnh7b
- (2018-09-12, v:0.0.1.3) Greg Hamilton: Window zooms off-screen after timer runs: can't reach controls to re-size window
App worked fine for a while but now after I take a break the screen zooms to a size where all controls spill off the top of my monitors. Have tried placing it on both monitors in various locations to no avail. The Zoom feature under the Window menu would help, but 'Zoom' is gray and not clickable for me. I'm using Chrome Version 69.0.3497.92 (Official Build) (64-bit) on a MacBook Pro running OS Sierra 10.12.6. Thanks!
- (2018-08-16, v:0.0.1.3) Bubesh Kumar: popup location
It would be much better if i am able to choose the location of the custom notification popup. Sometimes the notification gets missed from our view and it shows in right corner that too for wide monitors, the chance of missing is high
- (2018-07-18, v:0.0.1.3) Пропадает приложение
Добрый день! Приложение устанавливается, но при попытке нажать на глазик, пропадает. Потом когда я захожу на страницу приложение в Магазине, появляется ссылка Включить этот продукт. Нажимаю на нее - "глазик" справа опять повляется, но так же исчезает при нажатии
- (2018-06-04, v:0.0.1.3) Arghya Pal: Notification should stay
After ending the work time notification is showing but it should always display in the monitor or there should be one check box which when checked, it should display the notification always in the screen till the time user did not close it and when checkbox is not checked then it notification should display for few seconds or the current behavior.
- (2018-04-17, v:0.0.1.3) inov8 ltd: Eye Care pop up Position
Eyecare pop opens after every 20 minutes to look away ,suppose i was working with Chrome borwser, but after 5 minutes i switched to Excel Sheet and i started working with excel, suppose i spent 20 minuts with excel then i switched to skype and started to chat with a friend and i spent 20 minutes on skype, i spent total 50 minutes on screen, but the displayed EyeCare pop up was on browser screen right after 20 minutes but i worked for 50 minuts with computer and could not know when should i take rest because the pop up displayed only on browser screen and not on skype screen, , so is it possible that the displayed pop up display in "Bottom right Corner" like skype pop up (when someone onlines on skype, sype displays a pop up to tell the user that man 'XYZ' has bocome online, no matter which one application you are working on), so that we may know that 20 minutes has passed and user have to take a rest for 20 seconds
- (2018-04-15, v:0.0.1.3) Ashley Anderson: Auto Disabled
Can't use it as the extension is automatically disabled every time I try to enable it.
- (2018-03-28, v:0.0.1.3) Rakesh Soni: disabled
The extension automatic gets disabled. And always showing repair option in manage extensions.