Better organise your Google Keep notes
Tired of wasting time looking look through and re-sorting all of your notes on Google Keep? With Category Tabs for Google Keep™, you can now sort your new and existing notes by category. Each category represents one color. Adding a note to a category is very easy, just change the color of the note. When you want to view the notes you have sorted by color, simply click on the note color you wish to view. If you would like to view your you entire collection of notes/checklists, there is an “All” option next to the color options (this option is set by default). Category Tabs for Google Keep™ seamlessly integrates into the page and the options to look at your notes/checklists in list view or gird view is still available. The ability to post a quick note/list/picture is still available as well and is still placed in the same spot as it usually is. This application supports all the colors offered by Google Keep. You can access the settings by opening the menu in google keep, and hit "Customize Categories"
- (2021-01-17) John Thimakis: Works as described. It provides another method for sorting your notes. So they can be sorted by label or colour or both. No issues so far.
- (2020-12-18) Claus: Muito bom
- (2020-11-24) E: This is a good extension. But the reason I gave it 4 stars and not 5 is... Because First of all, When you press "All" On the other labels you made other than "Notes" which includes every single note, it brings you there. How about all notes in that label? You already have a option to see all notes on the side. Still good extension though.
- (2020-10-04) Andreas Persson: Very useful. What would REALLY rock though, if its possible, would be the option of a view where notes were sorted into columns bu category/color, columns could be drag-dropped right - left and notes droag-dropped up - down within its column. This would mean instant prioritizing within multiple categories while maintaining great overview! :D
- (2020-10-03) Abhay Nanal: This is really very useful extension. Color coding goes to next level for Desktop web version. I really liked giving custom names for each color coding and arranging them in personal order at the same time disabling unused colors.
- (2020-08-20) Syd: Exactly what I needed! Being able to categorise notes (in addition to labeling them) is the one thing I genuinely wished Google Keep to allow.
- (2020-07-26) Hans Staalman: Like it; it improves Google Keep from a usability PoV. I would like to see some enhancements made though: 1. save/load categories - when you temp. switch off.on the extension, they're all gone 2. have categories for each Google Account; they are now tight to one Chrome installation, which isn't handy with multiple accounts. I don't want to have to login to a different Chrome account in order to be able to do this. 3. when changing the categorie labels, it doesn't do this in the label 'picker' as well, so when assigning a category to a created note, you're back to colours, which is even more of an issue in combination with (4) below. 4. You can change the order of the colours and the labels, but it only does this in the header, not in the 'label picker' when assigning categories to notes, basically meaning you better not rearrange the colours to avoid confusion.when assigning. 5. Would be very nice to be able to mass-[re]assign existing notes to a [new] category.
- (2020-07-11) Jonas Batista: Muito bom, ajuda demais na hora da organização das notas.
- (2020-04-05) Sam Sam: Great idea, very handy extension! Using it every single day as part of my Google Keep workflow. This is the most important extension for Google Keep users. ================================================================ █▓▒░Bug Report 05 April 2020░▒▓█ 1. Since the upgrade to Google Chrome 80.xx, the categories are not underlined anymore when clicked. They do click and work so each category does load, but the categories are just not underlined. The default "All" category stays underlined, no matter what category is selected. 2. The input field "Take a Note" has dissapeared. Only the default "All" category has the "Take a Note" input field. Previously one could take notes from any selected category, which was very neat and handy! ================================================================ If you are reading this guys, lets donate the maker together sothat these bugs are fixed for us. Donation Sent! Stay Safe! Stay Healthy! ♥
- (2020-03-13) Miroslav Hlavička - Scalex: Velmi užitečné pro rychlé filtrování poznámek. Very useful to quick filtering of notes.
- (2020-02-14) Greg Kilgore: Although disappointing that I can't do more than categorize by colors (can't get all the features functional) on my Chromebook, this is *still* A GREAT EXTENSION!
- (2020-01-27) Organization is key. I haven't started making any API's, and this will come in handy.
- (2019-11-26) Laura Timmel: Fantastic, for certain use cases. At first, I thought this extension wasn't working. In the settings, I enabled Dark Blue and changed the name to match one of my labels in Keep... and nothing happened. I finally realized that the extension creates a new system of categorization, entirely separate from the built-in labels. On the one hand, this gives the user more flexibility to use two different systems of categorization--for instance, labels for topic and colors for priority. On the other hand, changing a note's color doesn't add any text to it, so you can't look at the note itself and see what the color represents. And since the extension only works in Chromium browsers, you can't see the colors' category names at all on your mobile device (possibly unless you use an alternative Chromium browser like Kiwi or Yandex). To sum up, what I thought/hoped this extension could do was assign colors to Keep's built-in labels, which would have been a nice, if subtle, tweak that would make it easier to glance through my notes in Keep on every device. Instead, it offers a search-by-color feature and a legend showing user-assigned titles for each color, which together function as a secondary organization system in extension-enabled Chromium browsers. The extension works just as intended, and I can definitely see its merits, but it has a few key limitations (acknowledged by the developer) and as a result it's just not what I was looking for.
- (2019-08-06) Reinhard Neureiter: Great extension for a fantastic app. Stopped using labels as I always forget to add. Adding colours is more obvious. Colour, pinned, non-pinned and archived are enough categories to organize my notes.
- (2019-04-23) Alex Sales: It would be really owesome if I can Pop-out notes like a sticky note on my computer.
- (2019-04-08) Chase Martin: Why is this not a default thing in the app!
- (2019-02-28) Panikos Christofi: Very good. I wish Google would take the idea onboard and implement some of the concept across the keep ecosystem.
- (2019-02-20) Shein Phyo: Customize Category setting popup only has one option: Reset to default. No other options to customize. Edit: v17.2.2 works now. Thank you so much for the update! 🙌
- (2019-02-20) Mary Scarvey: This is a great addition to keep for anyone who has a lot of categories and needs to quickly view and sort. Also the developer is awesome. I had an issue with renaming categories and they answered and revised the program in a few short days. That kind of service is hard to beat especially when the app itself is free. I would definitely recommend using it.
- (2019-01-11) S.B Consulting: I had this review installed in Aug/2018 and I then had the ability to rename the colors. Now the only ability I have is to "reset to default" and that is it. Happened after last Chrome update but the dev won't update the extension. Too bad as it worked great before now its just...colors
- (2019-01-06) Richard Alsenz: If I could link this to Gnote I would be a happy camper:>(ompl
- (2018-12-31) KimYen Chan: It'd be great if we can have this syned up with Google Calendar as well as the colours. It's a visual connection and will help make organizing much more effective and efficient. (Plus the option of more customized like Google Calendar colours.)
- (2018-12-24) Gab Cor: It has advertisements (Ads) and doesn't improve the experience much.
- (2018-11-11) Oxana Boguckaja: Не ожидала, что так пригодится. Спасибо.
- (2018-09-23) Davide Ungari: Very useful! It gives you one-click access to your notes by category / color.
- (2018-06-27) Sultan UL Arefin: not sooooo cool
- (2018-05-10) Kelrax the Dragon: I had hopes that this worked in the Chrome app. It did not.
- (2018-03-27) Tammi L. Coles: Really wanted to love this but too many flaws. Only available on web version. Adding or removing category removes ALL custom named categories (defaults to color names). Maybe that's a bug? On note, can only choose by category COLOR not by category NAME.
- (2018-03-22) Olivier CARLIOZ: Améliore le classement et la gestion des tâches.
- (2018-03-13) Bill Lanam: Works as described. More convenient than going through the Menu in Keep, but that's the main function that it alters. I found the instructions weren't clear. It only works on Chrome via the browser EXTENSIONS ... not any chrome apps (or Android or ISO). The extension notes did say that, but I thought it was saying it wouldn't work under Chrome at all. You have to launch it by clicking on the icon for the extension at the search bar level. So, bottom line is that you will be using Keep in a browser tab/window.
- (2018-03-11) galahad: es muy buena.... si podria utilizarse offline seria BUENISIMA
- (2018-03-10) Apple iPhone users: oki
- (2018-02-21) James Tompkins: First impressions, this makes Keep so much more functional ... :) Note: showing 12 colours for me, to which can add a named category.
- (2018-02-11) Anton Bruyko: не ожидал что будет что то стояние,но оказалось то что надо
- (2018-02-10) Nicholas LaNasa: Obviously the biggest issue is that if one clicks on "New List" it opens "Take a Note" instead.
- (2018-02-08) Delwyn Shelley Jr.: This is just an awesome app. I have not had problems but if I had I would stick with it anyways. AWESOME!!
- (2018-01-25) Lukáš Zachař: Great and useful extension!
- (2015-02-15, v:1.5.0) Kim Estes: 1.5 not sorting corretly
When you select a category tab - it's not showing the correct notes or shows no notes at all - web version used. Help!
- (2015-02-03, v:1.5.0) Franklin Tseng: no category for Android
there are no categories for Android phone. Please help.
- (2015-01-30, v:1.5.0) Nick Hansen: Not sorting properly
It used to work well. But now all the orange and yellow notes are coming up with the white notes. And nothing comes up under the yellow and orange menu tabs.
- (2015-01-27, v:1.5.0) Karen Barmakian: hi
Is there anyway to change the order of the colored tabs?
- (2015-01-27, v:1.5.0) Catherine Snow: Colour sorting
Having trouble, it won't sort yellow and orange notes, either new or existing.
- (2015-01-24, v:1.5.0) The Wall Street Journal: No change in program
I am running Chromium Version 39.0.2171.65 Built on Ubuntu 14.04, running on LinuxMint 17 (64-bit) At: $uname -a Linux thomas-System-Product-Name 3.13.0-24-generic #47-Ubuntu SMP Fri May 2 23:30:00 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux The green box is showing that this app is installed. And yet i cannot find a difference in Google Keep from before or after installation. May-bee this difference is hidden from me. May-bee it is not working. May-bee there is something, I must do in order to 'make' it work.
- (2015-01-21, v:1.5.0) Tony Franks: Yellow and White problem
When I click on White I get Yellow and White, when I click on Yellow I get nothing
- (2015-01-20, v:1.5.0) Harry Levine: colors problem
orange, red and white colors do not work for grouping notes
- (2015-01-17, v:1.5.0) Eugene F: Crash
When opening a FRESH Google keep page and clicking on the "Add note" at the top, and then attempting to change the color from Blank to any color it says "Oops! Something went wrong. Please click here to reload." Reloading this way does not fix the problem. Closing it and opening a new tab and trying it again still results in it crashing. If you cancel the "Oops!" message then the "Add note" portion becomes static and unusable and a red "Encountered error
- (2015-01-16, v:1.5.0) Crusader: Will tabs app work when I view on Android phone or iPad?
Or is this tab extension strictly for the web-based Keep on Chrome?
- (2015-01-16, v:1.5.0) Unorginized, Yellow and Orange
I am having a hard time trying to categorize notes of the categories mentioned above. I believe the concept of this extention is great, however it won't be complete till this bug is addressed first.
3.9 (368 votes)
Last update / version
2021-03-02 / 18.2.0