This application generates TOTP tokens for multi-factor authentication used by Google, Dropbox, Amazon and many others.
A simple application which generates TOTP tokens when multi-factor authentication is used with your Google account. It implements RFC4226 (HMAC-based OTP) and has been tested to work with Google Authenticator, Dropbox, Dreamhost and Amazon. Not just to secure your GMail account, but also extremely helpful to tighten the security of your SSH connection as instructed at http://www.mnxsolutions.com/security/two-factor-ssh-with-google-authenticator.html Instructions: Enter the secret you have been given by the service for which you want to have the OTP generated. Acccount name is whatever you want to remind your secret by, eg. the site name or email address. The generated 6 character key is the response you will need to enter when asked for. Be aware the time on your desktop or phone should be synchronized. When this is off by a minute it could fail to login. If you are using Google, do not use an application-specific passwords to generate a response. They are not meant to be used this way. Please let me know about any problems before you make a review in the store since I cannot answer you there. Send a report email or report the support page. You can find the contact info in the about dialog or navigate to the support page. No data is transmitted. All token secrets are stored locally in localStorage. Online version available at http://gauth.apps.gbraad.nl Community created application. Not affiliated with Google. Source code is available at http://github.com/gbraad/gauth/ Have you got some idea? Share it with me. Consider a donation if you find this software useful.
- (2020-03-30) tony rada: ongoing process
- (2019-10-17) Cole Herman: Randomly stopped working completely page will not load
- (2019-09-28) William Williamson: I love this app easy to use.
- (2019-08-26) William Rubin: Works correctly. Uses standard "TOTP" algorithm used by Google Authenticator to generate codes, which only requires a secret + the current time. The secret appears to be kept locally in the browser (localstorage). I don't see any confidential data getting sent back to the server (https://gauth.apps.gbraad.nl), which is good. User interface is a bit simplistic, but functional.
- (2019-08-21) Robert Rosenwald: I've found this extension very useful for when my phone is in the other room. I still keep the Google Authenticator on my phone, and have had keys lost, but overall it's a real timesaver.
- (2019-07-24) Santhosh Ram: Works very well for me
- (2019-07-12) Federico Caldera: me gusta
- (2019-07-04) JT Randolph: ** Please read this entire review if you've had issues getting GAuth to work in place of Google Authenticator ** This extension seems to work as desired; a Google Authenticator (GA) substitute packaged as a Chrome extension. Although the setup instructions are simplistic, it didn't clearly describe how it can generate the same (read: IDENTICAL) authentication 6-digit codes that GA generates. This extension CAN do that, however you have to know how to properly set it up. My personal opinion is that this is the reason why many users have rated this extension so low, or complained about the lack of actual GA synchronization. This extension seems to use the same algorithm that GA utilizes, which enables it to produce the same codes. It DOES NOT connect to Google or sync with their service. This is an in-device numeric generator that only uses a synchronized time code via the internet to generate the codes. It is dependent on the pass key entered combined with the generated time code. As the developer states, no account information is submitted to Google or anyone else. Proper setup is crucial. Setup for GAuth as a Google Authenticator substitute is as follows: 1. Download and start the GAuth Chrome extension. 2. Go to the "Edit" pencil button and add a new "one-time password". 3. Create an entry name - something to signify what this code is for. Using your account name is not necessary. ** The next steps would be the same for how you'd setup for the GA 2-Factor Authentication ** 4. Go to the website or location that you want/need the 2 factor authentication for. If you've already used Google's GA 2FA and this website is already registered under your account, make sure to login. 5. Go to the site's settings or 2FA administration page. You're basically going to re-register (or re-setup) your Google Authenticator. 6. The 2FA setup will produce a QR code or barcode, AND will provide an alphanumeric longform key. This code is intended to either be scanned by your smartphone/tablet or transcribed into the Google Authenticator App. Take note of the longform code, and type it into the "Secret Key" field in the GAuth Chrome extension. 7. IMPORTANT - Perform the same steps on your smartphone/tablet; either scan the QR/barcode or manually type in the longform key. This will re-sync/refresh your Google Authenticator. 8. Verify that the 6-digit codes between GA and the GAuth Chrome extension match. This has worked for me, and I hope this helps clarify the setup & use of this extension for other users!
- (2019-04-26) Dan: This doesn't actually store the keys on your local system but rather redirects you to a web page which stores them for you! This is completely unacceptable from a security standpoint let alone rather deceitful at its best and outright criminal at its worst. No idea how these keys are stored on this persons server or what they are doing with them!
- (2019-04-12) Tanmay Gupta: Not at all authenticating and working.
- (2019-04-03) Pavel Lumpov: Вначале было норм, но потом google authenticator отвалился( где теперь коды получать?
- (2019-04-02) FASIULLAH KHAN: best working nice app thanks for making this app
- (2019-01-29) samad mousavi: How can I open another key?I have key but no accept in new phone
- (2019-01-24) muy buena
- (2019-01-11) Nevan Artwin Pratama Hidayat: It's Work. Only Three Step. Click Edit Then Click Add Next Complete The Requirements And Done!!!
- (2018-12-21) Cary Jamison: Just barely started playing with it. Seems like a good start, but lacks some obvious usability features, like quickly being able to copy a code, maybe from a dropdown list on the extension icon.
- (2018-08-01) Terry Canaan: Does nothing
- (2018-07-25) Frank Sparacino: Lost all my keys.
- (2018-07-18) Jacob Chen: Tested one key and it worked!
- (2018-06-08) Gonzalo Diaz: Sin problemas
- (2018-03-30) Eric Young: Flat-out does not work.
- (2018-03-17) Raul Popa: doesn't work well, not using it.
- (2018-03-06) Paolo Barone: Più che buono
- (2018-03-02) Leninz Fest: lo probare
- (2018-02-21) Pavan Kumar Kora: Lost all the store keys after cookies and cache clean up
- (2020-03-23, v:35.8) Victor DeSanta: Domain use
I need to use this on a domain level with users who move to different desks on a daily basis. Can we use the export key function to follow the end user around so that the OTP remains valid across our domain?
- (2020-02-27, v:35.8) Иван Иваков: google authekator
добрый вечер,помогите восстановить пароли гугл аутификатора с потерянного телефона если это возможно..потерял устройство(ASUSzb602kl) 27 02 2020 около 12 ночи в степаного на горнолыжном склоне,,,очень надеюсь на вашу помощи,сим карту восстановил купил новый телефон по паспорту и акции пополнил мобильный счёт может считатся доказателством?
- (2020-02-05, v:35.8) Dragon3766 Paul: where is all of my information?
everything is gone all of my information 2fa all gone what kind of security app is this?
- (2020-02-05, v:35.8) Dragon3766 Paul: Gauth has deleted all of my stored private keys
After I opened my account I found all of my information missing , gauth deletes all my configured secret key. and it shows one random key tagged as '[email protected]' . Weird.
- (2020-01-30, v:35.8) nishanth arun: Gauth key gets deleted after every restart
After every Mac restart , gauth deletes all my configured secret key. and it shows one random key tagged as '[email protected]' . Weird.
- (2019-11-08, v:35.8) Tuba Kodamanoğlu: How can I install google authenticator into my labtop ?
Lütfen adım adım yapmam gerekenleri yazabilir misiniz ? Labtop'uma 2FA Google authenticator yüklemeye çalışıyorum. Ne yapmam gerekiyor ?
- (2019-07-24, v:35.8) orhan ermek: authentıcator sıfresı karsı tarafa gonderımı kapalı gıtmıyor sıfre .guvenlık duvarı mı kapalı benım .bir bakablırmısınız.bitcoin aktarımı ıcın kullanmam gereklı ama mobıdende bilgisayardanda gırılmıyo nedense sıfre ıle.
- (2019-06-02, v:35.8) Samson Mburu: enquiry
i lost my phone and i would like to use google authenticator on my pc
- (2019-05-30, v:35.8) ismail diallo: deverrouillage android
comment apprendre à décoder n'importe qu'elle téléphone android
- (2019-04-03, v:35.8) Pavel Lumpov: google authenticator
отвалился, пропал мой электронный ящик из расширения где получаются шестизначные коды(
- (2019-03-02, v:35.8) Євгеній Сущенко: Не могу войти.
Скачиваю аунтификатор, он устанавливаеться но на панеле не отображаеться, что делать? Как мне зайти?
- (2019-02-24, v:35.8) Paul Necklen: IMPORT KEYS - HOW DO I IMPORT THE KEYS INTO A NEW CHROME BROWSER?
I have exported my keys. How do I import them on a new PC running Chrome Browser?
- (2018-12-19, v:35.8) G AUTHENTICATOR
IT WILL NOT GENERATE A SECRET CODE
- (2018-11-17, v:35.8) invalid code error on my desktop but not my laptop :)
hi - just curious more than anything - i use your app to 2FA for xero login, and on my laptop it works 100% of time, but on my desktop (same network but wired network) it fails with invalid code (all the time :) I use ublock origin on both systems and cookie autodelete on both systems, with both disabled / whitelisted for xero same versison of chrome on ubuntu on both systems :) it's not a deal breaker for me but it's consistent so I thought I'd ask if there is a known reason / setting I should look for in the offending system that might be helpful ;) yeah I realise this level of detail (lack of...) is hopelessm sorry!!!! anyway.... best wishes and thanks for your app -
- (2018-10-31, v:35.8) whit jones: how do i sync my authentication between devices?
I have my 2fa on an old phone and would like to sync to my browser and also another phone