Automatically deletes browsing history and optionally other browsing data.
Auto History Wipe automatically deletes the browsing history every time Chrome starts. It uses no additional resources and performs no other background tasks. It can be configured in the Options page to automatically clear other browsing data as well. NOTES - If you sign in to Chrome and have your history synced automatically by Google, this extension may not work. - Depending on how much data needs to be cleared, there may be a brief 2 to 3 second pause before Chrome becomes responsive. HOW IT WORKS Extensions are not able to run after Chrome exits without requiring the 'background' permission, which keeps them running in the background all the time. In order to delete browsing data automatically, without requiring background permission or using extra resources, this extension runs immediately each time Chrome starts. After doing so, it will not run again until the next time Chrome is started. WHY USE IT Chrome does not have a setting to clear the history and several other browsing data areas upon exit. You can use Incognito mode, but this has no history at all. This extension allows you to use Chrome normally, with full history functionality, and have it wiped clean automatically. You do not need to click any buttons. ADDITIONAL OPTIONS As of version 1.1.0, the extension now has several other data points it can wipe clean automatically, which can be configured on the Options page. Keep in mind that even if you have cookies cleared, Google automatically sets a couple new ones related to Chrome every time you start a new tab (which is why the third screenshot shows two cookies). PROBLEMS & FEEDBACK If you experience any problems or errors with this extension, please use the 'Support' tab to submit a report and I'll work to get it fixed as quickly as I can. CHANGELOG 1.1.8 - Chrome stopped counting Developer Tools (running in its own window) towards the total window count, so the extension had to be reworked. - Extension now also clears data on Chrome close if you keep Chrome running in the background. 1.1.7 - Added checkbox to clear local cookie data on exit (using Chrome settings optional permission). 1.1.6 - Split cookies and website data into two separate options. - Removed global variables from event page. - Minor tweaks. 1.1.5 - Completed making downloads permission optional. 1.1.4 - First stage in making downloads permission optional. 1.1.3 - Added download history API to remove download history more reliably.
- (2020-01-05) Clemens Zirbes: Sadly doesn't work on Chrome Version 77.0.3865.75
- (2019-12-15) Tony Polito: Despite DESelecting the checkbox to remove passwords, this app deleted every single one of hundreds of logged-in cookies that were being preserved within CCleaner. That is requiring me to re-enter the passwords on all of those sites all over again. There is only one brief options screen, listing about eight items from which to choose for removal, each described in only one or two words such as 'cache,' 'local data,' etc. So if you start checking off and using some of these options, you pretty much taking a shot in the dark as to what will actually be removed.
- (2019-11-25) Серёжа Коротков: добавте отчистку при синхронизации
- (2019-11-25) Bat Dot Net Developer: Good One. I like it. Recommended!
- (2019-11-18) 댕팔이: 크롬 방문기록 삭제안됌
- (2019-10-10) K. LaCo: It does not function normally after a chrome update. Please update to reflect the latest chrome update.
- (2019-10-09) esco real: Does not work with Chrome "Version 77.0.3865.90 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)"
- (2019-10-05) 박상훈: 크롬 최신버전에서는 방문기록과 연관 사이트들이 제대로 삭제되지 않습니다.
- (2019-09-29) Tatsuya Fujisaki: This extension no longer clears "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files" at least in Chrome 77. Reinstalling the extension did not help.
- (2019-09-21) Pio Rossi: It works very fine !! ---- Funziona bene! Al riavvio se andate in "Cronologia" non trovate più nulla, ha ripulito tutto! ----
- (2019-09-21) person person: I don't know what you guys are talking about. It works perfectly fine. Once you leave and reenter chrome, all your history is erased, and you get the option to also erase download history, cache, etc.
- (2019-09-19) Pasi Vastamäki: Not clearing the address bar history anymore.
- (2019-09-18) Loud city: 집 컴퓨터 아버지가 자꾸 유튜브 본인 아이디 로그인하셔서 보셔가지고 너무 스트레스 받았는데 이거 하니까 자동 로그아웃되서 너무좋네요 감사합니다
- (2019-09-12) NILESH DESHPANDE: It will only work if i close the Browser, what is about if i want to clear the history when i close the tab and not whole browser?
- (2019-09-07) Klaus: Works good with Version 76.0.3809.132. I got rid of click&clean because of far to many popups. This addon works great.
- (2019-08-17) шикарное расширение. я доволен. спасибо создателем.
- (2019-07-24) Сергей Петров: Приложение Супер!!! работает замечательно без всяких навязчивых обновлений в отличии от Click&Clean!
- (2019-06-05) Jakob Barther: Does not work with Chrome Version 74.0.3729.169 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2019-04-25) SomeDev: Works!
- (2019-04-18) Timm Turner: This now has stopped working, ever since the last update on chrome. Notice that this has not been update since 2015 so looks like thats it for this extension. Shame it was a good one to have. Noticed that there are alot more extension that have stopped or gone since the last update.
- (2019-04-06) Lee: Adds a delay on web browser load that interferes with painting a web page. Often I start Chrome to have it load a specified URL. I get a blank page. Not an error, but just a blank page. I have to reload the page to get its content. This started after installing this app and is likely due to the time it takes to do cleanup on Chrome's startup that interferes with Chrome loading the page. With this extension disabled, Chrome successfully paints the web page when Chrome loads. This happens so often that the nuisance is too great. I'll go back to exiting Chrome and then click on a toolbar button that runs CCleaner ("ccleaner.exe /auto"). It's a manual process that I have to remember, but then having to click the Reload button or press F5 in the web browser is also a manual process.
- (2019-03-20) It's super dumb that Chrome doesn't have this as a default setting, like Firefox. This extension fills that gap and works easily. One feature request though: if it could also auto clear your recent tabs list that would be awesome. I haven't found a way to do that and so my tabs show up on my mobile browser from my PC.
- (2019-03-18) I love it, it works the exact way i wanted it to
- (2019-03-07) StormBox: If you're interested in removing any sort of Auto Complete or Url Suggestions from Chrome this app is a good start. This App wipes your local History (so the history stored on your computer) when you close chrome. If you're interested in this, you should also "Pause" (turn off) Web & App Activity on your Google Account. Also "Settings > Sync > Turn off 'Sync Everything' > Turn off 'History'" Now only your saved bookmarks will appear in your search bar. I recommend setting up a 2nd profile for any bookmarks you don't want advertised on your main account, then make a link to your Desktop for That profile. (This is great for streaming)
- (2019-02-18) Gilmarcos Santos: MUITO BOM! 1 - SAI DOS SITES QUANDO FECHA O NAVEGADOR; 2 - LIMPA HISTÓRICO...
- (2019-12-28, v:1.1.8) Ephraim Mulilo: Use of "Auto History Wipe
Hey. I noticed the Auto History Wipe application hadn't been updated since around 2015. I was wondering if I could use your code.
- (2019-11-25, v:1.1.8) Серёжа Коротков: сбой
неудаляет синхронизированную историю
- (2019-09-23, v:1.1.8) Vinny Victorio: Option: Don't wipe history after browser crash
Is it possible for the extension to detect if the browser has crashed? And add an option to not wipe history on startup if a crash has been detected?
- (2019-04-18, v:1.1.8) Timm Turner: Not Working
- (2018-12-26, v:1.1.8) Hydreway: Not working
- (2018-11-04, v:1.1.8) Dan Wayda: Exactly as another user, different person.
Not working Hello! So im using ur addon, but recently it has stopped working. It doesnt erase my history at all, ive tried reinstalling, checking settings etc. Is it only me that is having problems with this or is it a problem with the addon? Thanks!
- (2018-11-03, v:1.1.8) iExecute xd: Not working
Hello! So im using ur addon, but recently it has stopped working. It doesnt erase my history at all, ive tried reinstalling, checking settings etc. Is it only me that is having problems with this or is it a problem with the addon? Thanks!
- (2018-08-22, v:1.1.8) Use of "Auto History Wipe"
Is it ok for a school to use this add-on with google-chrome? I mean without having to purchase a license etc... Is it free to use?
- (2018-08-02, v:1.1.8) Pavel Shyshkouski: Doesn't seem to clear browsing history properly
Browsing history is not cleaned completely as Crome Thumbnails show recently visited pages even after browser restart.
- (2018-07-27, v:1.1.8) Not working lately
This was working for me for the past year or so but just in the last few weeks it only works intermittently. The only thing that might have changed on my end is my virus protection. I use Avast and they recently installed their own browser (which I do not use).
- (2018-07-18, v:1.1.8) Chong Chen: Conflict with no history
I installed no history and this extension. Without the no history extension, this one works fine. But with no history installed, this one doesn't clear the history.