Easily block distracting or annoying websites and boost your productivity.
- (2020-12-21) Jay Griffin: Great extension! Would love to have it on Firefox because Firefox is an easy workaround for my distracted self :(.
- (2020-11-12) Jack TheHacka: It's exactly what it says. It blocks a website you put in the list, and the block page is simple and functional. There's even some bonus features like password protection, a timer and even blocking the extensions menu itself. The only thing that would make it better is a keyword blocker but that would be a bonus.
- (2020-11-08) Sean Meehan: Used to work for me, now there are too many sites printing garbage, it broke your extension. Going to go with something similar, but thanks for all the help you've provided for years now.
- (2020-10-17) 暮海琢云: 简单、实用
- (2020-09-24) Nannan Cao: 好用好用，爱了。赞一个。
- (2020-07-18) vivian hu: This extension is a MUST-HAVE. It blocks some of the most annoying websites in the WORLD!
- (2020-04-11) DLS DLS: why does simple blocker never recall blocked web sites, it used to 100% a few yrs ago, why did you screw it up? as soon as chrome relaunches everything is gone!!!
- (2020-03-01) mohammad musaipur: thx
- (2020-02-28) Stirling Crum: This helps me stay focused and is much easier to use than other website blockers! I would recommend using this extension
- (2020-02-19) Lukáš: Wasting time on useless web pages is over. Thank you <3
- (2020-01-07) Rebecca Hu: How do I make it so I can't just change the "main power switch" to off? I let someone else set a password but even without the password I can just keep turning it off
- (2019-11-19) caroza.b from za: Simple and straightforward. I use it to switch twitter off for blocks of work and it's ideal. I've tried a couple of the cleverer apps like FocusMe and you end up spending more time configuring the thing because it's blocked the wrong stuff than working. Would be nice to perhaps have a simple interface with just the stuff in the top panel and a click-through to more for the fancier stuff, but it doesn't really matter.
- (2019-11-13) Victor M: То что нужно - помогает заблокировать конкретную группу в VK.
- (2019-11-03) Jerónimo Zizumbo Colunga: Loved it! A simple and direct solution. One extra thing that I would like: to be able to customize the blocked.html page to write a message to myself to remind me that I shouldn't be trying to go to those site in the first place.
- (2019-10-16) Julian Gabler: Antiprokrastination pur!
- (2019-10-13) Yuan Ye: I think its the best one, very simple and useful.
- (2019-10-03) Christopher Christakis: this is the best site blocker extension from my experience. It allows you to quickly switch from play mode to work mode without issue, which seems to be an issue with other options(at least for me). Highly recommend, and I don't know why this isn't more visible in the available extensions list. I had it on my one comp and then couldn't find it very easily to get it on my other comps. Had to search it by name.
- (2019-09-05) Nicholas Hohman: This is a wonderful and simple app and the only one I've found that allows easy blocking of sub-domains like specific subreddits. It doesn't have nearly the user experience or design of similar extensions but it's the best in terms of functionality that I've found.
- (2019-08-08) Kate Kelly: Been using this for years. I should have acknowledged Simple Blocker in my Master's thesis or add it to my dissertation for keeping me on track during days that I just don't feel like working.
- (2019-07-23) Brittany Borghi: SImple Blocker is great. It's a switch on the screen and a switch in your mind. I know that I have SB on, and so when I stray from my work and start to open up new tabs, I remember that I can't go there, and redirect myself back to my main task. I saw this morning that SB has only blocked six attempts against my block list so far (I've had the extension for at least a year), but it's stopped me preemptively countless more times. Thanks for this awesome tool!
- (2019-06-24) Alex Brod: Tried many others and they were needlessly convoluted. This is straightforward and easy to toggle on and off.
- (2019-05-18) sebastian wilson: Does exactly what is needed without asking for any permissions it doesn't really need. Excellent!
- (2019-04-22) September Sapphire: Simply loved it !! THANK YOU <3
- (2019-04-09) J Muller: I like it a lot. I do not understand how the timer works or is supposed to work. Is it a time for which the blocking continues? Is it a time you are allowed to watch and then blocking will kick in? I mainly use it to limit the freedom in installing extensions by blocking extensions in the options and by blocking chrome.google.com/webstore in the blocklist. I wonder if there are other ways I can limit the possibility to add extensions.
- (2019-04-02) Melhor extensão de todas!
- (2019-03-31) ACES -GROUP: Normally great ext! But does NOT block Website when i use duckduckgo...for quick local search instead of chrome...maybe Dev-Team can make Re-adjustment.---Than i´ll make upgrade to 5x STARS x*X*
- (2019-03-29) Ian McKenzie: My problem is that I sometimes go to certain websites without even thinking about it. My brain shuts off and goes into procrastination mode. Having Simple Blocker turned on, it jolts me back into reality. If you're someone who goes to certain websites without realizing it and before you know it you've lost 2 hours, this is definitely for you. It's easy to circumvent in cases where you are intentionally going to the site for a specific reason, though there are options to make it harder to circumvent, but I've never needed to use it.
- (2019-03-27) Would be great if you could limit it to certain hours of the day. For example working hours and have it automatically turn off at 6pm for example.
- (2019-03-10) Eduardo Fimmano: Tremenda extensión. Gracias a su usabilidad, puedo bloquear esas páginas de redireccionameinto que me estan volviendo loco. Muchas gracias
- (2019-01-29) Spiros White: This is totally useless. Why to put a password and create a black list, when everyone, even children can abolish this by pressing right click on the icon of the extension and just press to abolish (remove or disable) ? Can anyone answer me ? Where do you see a 5-star protection ? This is ridiculous. No password prevent it. You should prevent it by the same password.
- (2019-01-18) Jan Borovsky: I use chrome only because of this awesome extension.
- (2018-12-24) Вже не юний Орел: Дуже круте розширення. Чудово блокує сайти. З моєю силою волі і великою жагою до прокрастинації це просто рятувальне коло. Заблокував сайти, які відволікають і можна займатися справами.
- (2018-12-22) Mike Adams: It would be a whole lot better if a pop-up showed that a site was blocked, instead, a new tab opens, shows me that it was blocked and I have to close the tab. This is what I would have to do even if there was no blocking.
- (2018-12-20) Lets Jake: Habe lange einen funktionierenden Blocker gesucht, mit dem ich auch Keywords (wie zum Beispiel den nervigen Lombardi-Clan, auf den ich immer wieder reinfalle) blockieren kann. Hier funktioniert es sehr gut. Wird ergänzend zu einem anderen Blocker verwendet, der etwas mehr Funktionen, aber leider nur eingeschränktes Blocken nach Keywords hat. Ein Feature zur Umlenkung wäre klasse (zum Beispiel automatisch auf google.de o.ä.), ist aber definitiv kein Muss. Großes Danke!
- (2018-12-13) Michał Rusnarczyk: I leave a lot of tabs opened and using SB it blokcs everything I want to read later. it seems to has no option to go back to blocked page. Solve it please and then it will be perfect.
- (2018-12-01) Aleksandr Aleksandrovich: беспонтовое расширение. не работает с journal.tinkoff.ru и многими другими сайтами.
- (2018-11-17) Merle Walter: Ali Haydar Güleç
- (2018-11-17) Lukas Kühn: alihaydar
- (2020-10-24, v:0.6.1) Sharleen Chandra: Not blocking Facebook
Simple Blocker will no longer block Facebook. I have entered the URLs www.facebook.com as well as www.upload.facebook.com but it's still not blocking.
- (2020-10-11, v:0.6.1) Rj Kumar: twitter crashes the extension
when i tested to see if twitter works for blocking, cause you know, i need to study, and i get distracted, the extension crashes, otherwise other sites far as my concern works
- (2020-06-12, v:0.6.1) Adverting Manager: баланс
- (2020-05-10, v:0.6.1) Ravi Woods: Extension blocked by Chrome
Hi, I've been happily using your extension for years. However, today I see a pop-up from Google, saying "This item has been disabled in Chrome". Is there any way to get around this? Cheers, Ravi
- (2020-03-14, v:0.6.1) Earl W. Phillips, Jr.: simpleblocker extension chrome
Can I BLACKlist ALL domains EXCEPT WHITElisted ones?
- (2019-09-12, v:0.6.1) Fredrik Hagebring: Open Source the extension?
Maybe the extension can be open sourced such that it can continue to evolve?
- (2019-08-22, v:0.6.1) Kevin Gallahan: Blocking of the edge://extensions page no longer works.
Blocking of the edge://extensions page used to work, but for the past 1-2 months that is no longer the case. The browser has been configured to allow this blocking and warns about it on startup, but Simple Blocker does nothing to actually block it. I would imagine the same is true of Chrome's extension page, but haven't tested it.
- (2019-05-12, v:0.6.1) Zack Sampson: Snooze
Could you add a 5m snooze button for specific websites? Often I'm doing research for e.g. travel or programming, and reddit has the best results. So I disable blocker to be able to access reddit and forget to turn it back on! :(
- (2018-09-24, v:0.6.1) Luis Ruiz Figueroa: add direct access to blocked pages using the password
You could add the option to enter those sites by entering the password
- (2018-09-03, v:0.6.1) Mike Warner: Two tiers of blocking
I love Simple Blocker, but I wish there was a way to have two tiers of blocked sites. * One list for sites you want permanently blocked. * A second list for sites where you want to toggle access.
- (2018-08-23, v:0.6.1) KATHLEEN WEDDLE: facebook gone
I accidently clicked on "remove overlay" and lost Facebook's timeline. How do I get it back?
- (2018-05-24, v:0.6.1) Matt Boyer: Allow us to pay you
This is a very worthy extension to pay for. Or at least give us the chance to pay!
- (2018-04-04, v:0.6.1) Het Chande: add fixed free time
I'd love if you could like a fixed break time to access blocked websites and once it exceeds that blocked again
- (2018-02-05, v:0.6.1) Tim Bradt: Add wake timer or allow schedules
I'd love to schedule a limited amount of time to blocked sites, like say 9:00 - 9:30 PM every Fri and Sat. But even a "wake timer" would be nice, so that when I ask my wife to unblock my online game sites, I can ask her to limit it to say a certain amount of time.
- (2018-01-24, v:0.6.1) Luke Rivett: Multiple Lists
I use Simple Blocker all the time, but I use it for a number of different reasons, and there are some sites which I want to access for some tasks but not others (e.g. research websites, or websites for a task that I'm not currently working on). It would be great if I could have multiple named lists and selectively block each list individually.