Browse the web without distractions via simple text based pages.
Declutter the web by activating Text Mode. All pages load in text form (no images, animation or video) so content is easier to scan and read. ★ View text only pages ★ Images, video, flash, are never loaded ★ Color-free pages are easier on the eye ★ Reduce page load ★ One-click easy access ★ Removes 99% of the ads with no extra software --- New in v.0.5 - A few updates based on user feedback: ★ Options page ★ Multiple image replacement options ★ Holder.js support for images (Experimental)
- (2020-01-28) Melissa Farthing: Lets me study on SparkNotes without having to run into annoying distractions. Thank you!
- (2019-09-21) Vikaash Mahabir: Ok, the good news is that all those annoying moving ad type images are grey. Much easier on the eyes. The bad news is that apparantly those moving images are somehow still active on the background. This means that precious battery is wasted because of CPU cycles eaten by the darned website!
- (2019-08-21) Richard GM: Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Now Works within Tabs! Let's Hope that Browser Manufactures do not get too consumed by their $treams and take it away! As you may know, many changes are coming to your phones and browsers!
- (2019-07-30) User 57: То что надо.
- (2019-07-07) Bình Trịnh Xuân: Super good for someone with lowlevel-computer and lowlevel-internet like me
- (2019-05-15) mel2k: I really like that it maintains the page formatting. However, I'd like the ability to display blocked items on demand.
- (2019-03-21) Gean Santos: Adiciona propagandas nos sites que você visita.
- (2019-02-07) Novbert: Awesome
- (2018-12-11) Ted Chen: Works like a charm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2018-11-20) RRODRIGUER rr: Work Like a charm , HTML5 ADS an video still working after the extension has been applied
- (2018-11-16) Yasin UYSAL: Mobil veriye bağlıyken daha hızlı surf yapmak için kullanılabilir.
- (2018-10-15) 书痕: 正是我想要的，在需要的网页里采用无图模式
- (2018-10-11) Max P: still loads video in b&w mode(youtube) delete it
- (2018-08-08) Nikhil Agarwal: Hi Is this project open source? It gives us confidence to use extension if they are open source.
- (2018-07-05) mateus mendes: Have it turn on/off per tab and it will be perfect. Usually I browse pretty light but want to toggle images off in a specifically hectic site, while I still want to see the images in the other one.
- (2018-05-04) El Daafe: PERFECT IN EVERY WAY!!! I USE IT WEEKLY AND WHEN I DO ITS 8+ HOUR SESSIONS ... HELPS REMOVE DISTRACTIONS AND FOCUS ON TEXT/ARTICLES!! IV NEEDED THIS IN MY LIFE!!! THANK YOU!!!
- (2018-04-20) Duc Trinh: Would be nice to be able to whitelist certain sites
- (2018-03-09) Kenneth Kulathilake: Does not work in 2017
- (2018-02-05) amsimkiss: doesn't work
- (2018-02-05) Jonas Heß: Great extension. I use it for a more relaxed reading experience. In the future, I would love to see more customization options, like font color, image transparency.
- (2018-01-13) Sumeet Srivastava: This works really well-- there are some sites that dont work, but by in large it does a great job. Some feature enhancements needed: * Selectively go into text mode by tab * Ability to hover or click on blocked image to see what image is being shown if you are curious * Remove image placeholders entirely (though this might leave page rendering difficult) Overall just what I needed!
- (2017-11-22) Jonathan LaRocque: Devs...this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for making this addon available. Keep up the great work.
- (2017-11-17) Barbazzo Fernap: This is a misnomer. It doesn't actually do what the name suggests. Note: Chrome needs an alternative to Textise!
- (2017-10-25) John Akridge: Just did not work in Chrome 61. Images and videos still present.
- (2017-10-20) Matej Kralik: Good extension which save my data when I use mobile connecion on the travel.
- (2020-04-02, v:0.5.0) Mallikarjun 99: HOW DOES THIS WORK ?
Does this extension stops the images from loading or it replaces with a white box and still loads the image in the background.. Is it meant to save data by not loading images and colors
- (2019-12-17, v:0.5.0) Андрей: Не работает
Страницы перезагрузил, ничего не изменилось. Версия Google Chrome 49.0.2623.112.
- (2019-11-11, v:0.5.0) dues zub: i love it
- (2018-07-08, v:0.5.0) Nikhil Agarwal: Open Source?
Hi Is this project open source? It gives us confidence to use extension if they are open source.
- (2018-03-05, v:0.5.0) Paul-luuk Profijt: Font
It would be really great if I could also automatically replace the font of any website to be a plain, easy to read font.
- (2017-12-06, v:0.5.0) S Ira Grossman: Blocks Images when enabled
Through a process of elimination I determined that when this extension is enabled in Chrome images are greyed out.
- (2017-11-21, v:0.5.0) 왜 설치했는데 앱에없음??
제가이어플 쓸려고 설치를했는데 설치완료 추가됨 써저있는데 앱에없어요???/
- (2017-09-24, v:0.5.0) saeed serpooshan: don't reload page when change text mode on/off
it is not required to reload the page automatically when user changes text-mode on or off. He could do it if he want with chrome reload (F5) button. this cause unnecessary loads... thanks
- (2017-05-24, v:0.5.0) Jerry Chin: will this extension make page loading fast?
Dear developer, I want to know whether this extension is going to make any noticeable change over the speed of page-loading or not? thanks.
- (2017-05-17, v:0.5.0) Roman Levin: B&W inversion
Try to make the b&w inversion option: the background is black, the text is white. Good luck!
- (2017-03-01, v:0.5.0) Thomas Scott: Whitelist/Exceptions
I love love love text mode. What would make it even more useful for me would be a way to set certain sites/hosts as always text mode, and others as never. I use this to quickly scan articles, and it's fantastic for that, but then I hop back over to an app and i have to turn it off and refresh in order to get it working again (especially at work).