OpenDyslexic Font for Chrome
ABOUT Open-Dyslexic is an open sourced font created to increase readability for readers with dyslexia. This extension overrides all fonts on web pages with the OpenDyslexic font, and formats pages to be more easily readable. Your brain can sometimes do funny things to letters. OpenDyslexic tries to help prevent some of these things from happening. Letters have heavy weighted bottoms to add a kind of "gravity" to each letter. You are able to quickly figure out which part of the letter is down because of this feature. It aids in recognizing the correct letter and sometimes helps to keep your brain from rotating them around. Consistently weighted bottoms can also help reinforce the line of text. The unique shapes of each letter can help prevent confusion by flipping and swapping. Open-Dyslexic has recently received favourable coverage from the BBC (http://bbc.com/news/technology-19734341) and is included in many iOS and Android apps. Unlike much other dyslexia or DRD typefaces, OpenDyslexic is completely free for individuals, companies, schools, and in short: everyone. MAINTAINER This extension is being maintained by Robert James Gabriel (http://robertgabriel.ninja). Thanks, Robert James Gabriel! His patron if you such to support is here (https://www.patreon.com/robertjgabriel) CHANGELOG Full changelog/source code available: https://github.com/OpenDyslexic/opendyslexic-chrome Copying is Love. <3 SOCIAL MEDIA Check out http://OpenDyslexic.org for more information and resources! Like OpenDyslexic on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OpenDyslexic Or follow @OpenDyslexic for news and updates on this extension and OpenDyslexic
- (2019-12-02) Bianca Machado: I wish it would also space the lines of what I'm trying to read
- (2019-10-31) Clay Barnes: A Dyslexia font can't cure all the problems of it, but this does as much for dyslexic readers as any font could hope for (often more)....
- (2019-09-14) Ognjen Ugljenović: Sometimes it implements well and sometimes id doesn't. It depends on the article/page. One of the things that might be REALLY usefull if the First letter of the first word of a sentence is distinct (bolding or changing colour). This might not be universal but it helps me a lot and I think it would help other people too. Making it a toogle would be awesome. Thank you guys for this awesome extension
- (2019-09-03) Rachelle Clark: Super helpful for my son who is homeschooling!
- (2019-07-26) Bella Trout: This is such an amazing plug-in. My only request would be the ability to change the Hover-Highlight function to only highlight sentences instead of whole paragraphs.
- (2019-03-24) I love this font so much!! i have been have a little trouble using it though, the first problem was that the curser was off just a little bit so typing is imposable. Another thing was that when i used to extion on google docs it cut off the words on the end on the page. if those things could be fixed it would be perfect.
- (2019-03-14) Benjamin Burn: Amazing, so easy to read with this. I no longer have to read the same sentence three times for it to make sense.
- (2019-02-14) Maggie Johnson: Literally crying. This helps so much. I don't have to go back and re-read over and over again for comprehension. Thank you <3
- (2019-01-15) Julie Gear: Instant eyeball relief as soon as I installed and toggled it on. This is a great resource for dyslexic readers and writers alike.
- (2018-11-09) Danny P: Great add on I just need to be able to adjust the color from grey to another color around the highlighted areas. Great add on 10 out of 10.
- (2018-10-29) Sgrendena: Insegno lingue alla scuola secondaria di I grado e sto testando questa estensione a scuola con i miei alunni. Al momento la trovo ottima: facile da installare sui computer della scuola - e questo non è poco - e rapidissima da attivare e disattivare, nel caso in cui i colleghi non la volessero. Aspetto di raccogliere anche il feedback degli studenti, ma per ora sono molto soddisfatta.
- (2018-10-04) YellowHouse CNY: I love having this Typeface on my computer, I just wish Google docs didnt get messed up when i have it on. you would think with all of the different fonts google docs has it would include this one.
- (2018-08-26) Alison McEwin: I figured out what was happening. I had to restart my browser and then turn the extension back on. I don't know why I didn't think of that at first but it is working 100% now and it's awesome.
- (2018-03-19) Jessica Salmonson: I love this addon btu right now it's not working, so am pretty ticked off. :( Please fix it.
- (2018-03-04) Monica M. Daniel: A special education teacher asked for some help because the film sheets used on computers for students that are dyslexic was lost. I found this and shared it with teacher and counselor. The students are doing great and we didn't need to find the lost sheets. It is so helpful. I will be sharing this extension at a Conference this month.
- (2017-12-07) patrick vale: It would be a great move by Google if they were to help the chromium team integrate dyslexia support features like OpenDyslexic Font into chrome as a first-class accessibility citizen. Many people have trouble with standard fonts, and this font makes reading so much easier and less tiring. Dealing with edge cases to make it integrate smoothly would be ace.
- (2017-12-05) Marc Dechico: with the bbc site and the page http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20171204-the-compelling-case-for-working-a-lot-less the ads conceal a part of the text and I found no way but disable the extension to retrieve it. Work well on simply designed sites like dechico.com. I am a fan of chrome but I have got sick installing four stars extensions that don't work well end lower security and performances. Google should find a way to allow us a way to install only well designed extensions. Perhaps Google should create a confidence indicator that would be based on the number of installation/ uninstallation
- (2017-11-17) Griffin Harmer: cursor would go to the left of me typing
- (2017-10-24) The Moon Launcher: nice its cool
- (2017-10-04) mediacao teresiano: bom
- (2017-10-03) marcus foshaug: Fungerer bra
- (2017-08-08) Villalon Vincenty: The best!
- (2017-06-27) Shadow Messenger: I was looking for a way to turn text bold, and this is perfect! Thank you for this awesome extension!
- (2017-05-13) Doesn't work on Gmail
- (2017-03-09) Tom Tatarczuk: At First I did not like it as it was too weird looking.. after a week, i can turn it off and on and see it really makes reading so much easier at actually focusing on the words im trying to read. ive dried many of the other extentsions, some cause problems with some pagesand this seems to cause the least issues.
- (2019-12-04, v:7.0.3) Open dyslexic font ipad
Is it possible to use the font on chrome for iPad?
- (2019-11-27, v:7.0.3) Laurel Donohue: Cursor isn't lining up!
I'm having the exact same issue with the cursor not lining up with what is being typed. It's not even close. Help!
- (2019-11-23, v:7.0.3) Tammy Evarts: Printing using Open Dyslexic font
Is there a way I can print very large letters in this font for flashcards? I am a resource room teacher and would like to see if using this font helps my students with the sound/symbol association that they are struggling in acquiring.
- (2019-11-21, v:7.0.3) DanielC Depalo: cursor not aligned correctly
My student is using this font in Google Docs. We notice that the cursor does not align itself with where my student is typing. It gets worse the further to the right that he is typing. It is aligned on the left side of the page, but by the right, it is off by many characters. Thank you.
- (2019-11-13, v:7.0.3) Matthew Cohen: Spacing and commands are not working properly
When I type with the extension enabled, the space, backspace, enter and simply moving the mouse do not work properly
- (2019-11-01, v:7.0.3) Ty Barton: Words off the document
In google docs, when the extension is enabled the words continue past the margins and even off the page. How can I change this?
- (2019-10-29, v:7.0.3) enroll mesick: GPO auto Install
I entered the extension ID for OpenDyslexic Font for Chrome in our Windows GPO force install and it does nothing. I have many other extensions entered in the same location and they install just fine. Are you aware of this issue?
- (2019-10-29, v:7.0.3) Matthew Richman: cursor
the cursor doesnt align
- (2019-10-27, v:7.0.3) Mo: typing cursor not calibrated correctly with words in google docs
The cursor appears halfway through the word or at the beginning, rather than at the end of the word/where you are typing.
- (2019-10-04, v:7.0.3) Jayme Lundy: cursor issues
Hello - I have a student, with dyslexia, who really likes this extension, but finds that the cursor is not always aligned properly with the text (especially when using it in Google Docs). Do you have any workarounds for me on this? Thanks in advance!
- (2019-10-01, v:7.0.3) Luis Castillo: app problem
the word are not fitting in the google doc when i have it on