A simple menu to enable, disable and access options of extensions.
Another addition to the 'Simple' series. This time its an extension manager. Features include: - basic function to enable/disable, access options and uninstall extensions via popup - customize the popup - ability to create extension groups - enable/disable extension groups via popup and right-click menu - event page enabled Updated changelog is in the extension option pages. -------- Help translate SimpleExtManager! http://blandlifedev.blogspot.sg/2013/05/internationalization-part-2.html -------- Reason For Permission Requests: Your list of installed apps, extensions, and themes -> WHY: It is required for the extension to perform its basic functions. -------- Note: Though the extension is v1.0 as there may still be bugs I've missed. Please do feedback when something is not working, better if there are steps to replicate the problem. Thanks :)
- (2021-10-03) daitoku: This is a good extension to keep the address bar clean and organized. It would be nice to be able to launch extensions from the search list. I know that Chrome has a feature to set keyboard shortcuts for extensions, but it's not simple to set keyboard shortcuts for things that are not frequently used. I think it would be useful to be able to not only enable/disable extensions but also launch them, so that you can use them like bookmarks. If we can assign shortcuts to frequently used extensions and store infrequently used extensions in SimpleExtManager, the address bar will not be filled with icons.
- (2021-09-06) Hosa: Has a huge fundemental flaw.. Adding extensions to groups is a huge pain! Because there is no search to filter! When you have a few hundred extensions like I do, it a huge waste of time to scroll through the very long list.. Please add the feature.. Afterall, I do think your extension is the best between the rest...
- (2021-07-23) ねろ: すごく便利ですが、エッジを更新したら「拡張機能」というのが いつの間にか出ていて、同じ機能みたいなので削除します。
- (2021-07-06) Rezwan Haque: I like this extension but they need to disclose their privacy practice... Then I will update my review star. I really like their lightweight nature and icon design compared to "Extensity". But, sometimes require more than one click to on/off the extensions in the panel. Please fix it..I will switch back. Pop-up menu/panel design requires little bit of make-over, if possible. Also, reduce the space between extensions in the panel/make it compact cz it requires more space, therefore, more scrolling. Moreover, I do believe, since list of extensions in the menu popup panel is not compact, it might be another reason, blank clicking is happening and extension on/off requires exact clicking. So, reduce the distance among extensions in the panel. Also, sometimes we can recognize the logos/icons of the extensions. Therefore, instead of one column with/without lengthy extensions name/title, I suggest to make it 2 column where one column can be dedicated for extensions that we frequently on/off.
- (2021-05-12) Bel Raskr: Добавляет плагины хорошо, но не убирает.По профилям не работает. Кнопки есть-толку нет.
- (2021-05-11) 熊帅: UI有点丑，可以在简化一下
- (2021-03-26) Michael Igor Popov: it worked fine untill all my groups suddenly disappeared. will switch to something else now
- (2021-01-29) ekarron: Top at what it's doing
- (2021-01-21) A: Really Great. Just the UI could look better.
- (2021-01-08) Ms All-Sunday: 好用！点赞
- (2021-01-06) Blood Priestess: At first it seemed great! Nice and simple but them it became became completely unresponsive to any intereaction other that to the allow me to pin or uninstall a small number of extensions. I have a reasonable number that it just don't acknowledge. The extension was pinned for instant access. I could click left/right and it did not respond. I opend the extensions page and if I just typed extension to find it, it did not show up... I discovered it's name and typed that up. It make up and I immediately deleted it. It was TERRIBLE!
- (2020-12-13) Paul B.: Brilliant for its simplicity and usefulness. Thank you.
- (2020-12-04) Natalya Kochnova: Хорошее полезное расширение. Только хром его принудительно демонтировал) После восстановления пропали группы
- (2020-11-15) Andrew Miller: The best extension of its kind. Small size, unobtrusive, customisable and highly functional, with a very responsive developer. Great work.
- (2020-11-08) Kc Mob: The extension manager side is good, but Groups function is unusable if you've created lots of Chrome Apps. These are all are lumped in with extensions, and with no search it's down to scrolling through hundreds of items to find the ones you want. Very frustrating and for me this makes it unusable...
- (2020-11-04) OkLong: 这个扩展简洁易用，非常好
- (2020-10-31) F FP83: Con SimpleExtManager no necesitaras volver a usar el gestor de extensiones clasico que se ha quedado completamente obsoleto y estatico durante años. + La mejor extension en su tipo + Muy ligera (30K) y compacta a nivel visual + cambio de icono por tema oscuro o claro + creacion de grupos personalizados de extensiones (señalizados por iconos) + activar uso de grupos predeterminados: news & updates, extensions, recently added... ++ La opcion recently added te ayuda a saber que extensiones se han actualizado. + opción de usar click derecho sobre el icono de la extension para acciones concretas. +  Añadido modo oscuro (usa el modo de tu navegador, si lo tienes dark la extension se pondra sola!). Versión 1.16.68 Chromium: 86.0.4240.111 (Build oficial) (32 bits)
- (2020-10-12) Don St.Clair, LMT: Too buggy - I get unexpected results (like other extensions like The Great Suspender) disappearing from my right click context menu), too kludgy (the extension picker window is pretty bare bones), but what do I expect for free? Come on Google, you should build something like this into Chrome (but better).
- (2020-10-05) Андрей К: Хотелось бы иметь возможность синхронизации списка групп между разными компьютерами. Please add settings sync.
- (2020-09-28) 龙卷风: 非常方便，特别喜欢
- (2020-09-26) Michał Cedro: Bardzo dobre rozszerzenie :)
- (2020-08-26) neko kuroha: 插件管理器，缺点是UI有点单调，和Extension Manager平分秋色
- (2020-08-17) Slavik Meltser: Super helpful extension!! I wonder, why Google didn't think of such simplicity to manage extension, just with very basic functions. Google's always like to complicate things, they made it with Android and with Chrome, so typical. Thank you for this awesome tool!
- (2020-08-14) i-Guru digital agency: Удобно!
- (2020-08-13) Edward Ew: Please, make feature: convert current enabled extensions to the group.
- (2020-08-08) 戴東昇: 好用
- (2020-07-31) Black Red: 功能不错,美中不足就是当浏览器设置为深色主题时,本扩展程序的图标看不清楚
- (2020-06-26) 淡空醉花: 💯Perfect, 💪the most perfect extension manager.
- (2020-06-26) Joshua Rieth: This is one of the best extensions I have seen! It beats the current extension manager that comes in chrome.
- (2020-04-13) Nazartt Goh: So Good, Thanks you!
- (2020-04-10) Second Life Around: I LOVE your extension except it's only got one huge flaw the icon.....can you PLEASE add the ability for the user to use any png image they want as the icon? That would make this just perfect! Thank you!
- (2020-03-29) Trung Nguyễn: It's good. But please, chage the icon color. I cant see it with chrome dark theme @[email protected] Thank you.
- (2020-03-16) Wolfgang K. Z.: The Icon is invisible when Chrome is used with dark themes. Please change the icon Color. This is one of my every day Use Plugins and is the best one. Thanks to Dev
- (2020-03-16) 张睿扬: 选项中不要显示右键菜单什么意思
- (2020-02-28) 姜路: 喜欢
- (2020-02-26) g s: 非常好用
- (2020-02-20) Simon Wu: 超好用插件管理，沒有之一。
- (2020-02-15) Zvi Twersky: When you have a group with some extension on and some off, I need to be able to toggle OFF that group for testing purposes. When toggling group back ON, it should remember the group settings and only turn on the extensions that I had on in that group. But it doesn't do that. Toggling the group ON will turn on ALL the extensions in that group. Not good.
- (2020-02-10) Андрей Маркин: Если можно, то вместо красной альтернативной иконки белую бы. А так всё супер )
- (2020-02-01) Adrian Grant: Uninstalling an extension doesn't work
- (2020-01-15) Moh Mamun Sardar: I loved it, I can customize as I want.
- (2020-01-07) Jiří Krajčík: Very helpful and very practical, I highly recommend.
- (2019-12-26) Rodrigo López: Add option to set shortcuts
- (2019-12-26) Николай Кравчук: Нравится.
- (2019-12-13) tisti glih: SUPER ZADEVA ... VSE BREZ ISKANJA ČESARKOLI VKLOPI IZKLOPI TUKAJ ((OBVEZNO NALOŽIT)
- (2019-12-12) Роман Исаев: Спасибо, отличное расширение! Очень продуманное и удобное.
- (2019-11-17) A101: Отличное расширение. Заявленные функции выполняет. Удобно, что расширения можно группировать и таким образом комплексно управлять расширениями, исходя из текущей задачи. На данный момент - ноябрь 2019 года - необходима стилизация под темное оформление браузера. При темной теме браузера сливается иконка с основным цветом браузера. Как вариант, сделать красный контурный обвод иконки расширения и линии, которая разделяет иконку. Или что-то другое. Ну и фон расширения адаптивный под тему браузера, светлый (как сейчас) и темный (вне зависимости от темы браузера). Автор, удели этому внимание.
- (2019-11-14) Patti Tatertot: Super convenient. It's exactly what I need for quickly toggling extensions for various purposes. It's great.
- (2019-11-09) Madis: Clean-looking and has several options for customization!
- (2019-10-27) Robin Hood: My favorite extensions manager ever, one thing left to add; it would be perfect if it supports DARK mode option.
- (2021-10-04, v:1.4.11) Eddy Bahnam: Larger popup
Hi, First and foremost. Awesome chrome extension. Amazing. I just wanted to know if there was any way to adjust the length of the popup. It is currently 342x329px, and I would love to see maybe a 342x1000 or 1500. Thank you for your time
- (2021-10-03, v:1.4.11) daitoku: It would be nice to be able to launch extensions from the search list.
This is a good extension to keep the address bar clean and organized. It would be nice to be able to launch extensions from the search list. I know that Chrome has a feature to set keyboard shortcuts for extensions, but it's not simple to set keyboard shortcuts for things that are not frequently used. I think it would be useful to be able to not only enable/disable extensions but also launch them, so that you can use them like bookmarks. If we can assign shortcuts to frequently used extensions and store infrequently used extensions in SimpleExtManager, the address bar will not be filled with icons.
- (2021-10-03, v:1.4.11) daitoku: Shortcut input bug
o = Launch the Extensions Options page is not functioning
- (2021-09-16, v:1.4.11) F P: Extension Launching
+1 for Shouin Nelson's suggestion of being able to execute an extension's default behavior from SimpleExtManager. Chrome's removal of the `extensions-toolbar-menu` flag has made it needlessly difficult to find the extension you're looking for at any given moment (seriously... nobody in their right mind would say "Google, show me my extensions sorted by access permissions, without any other sorting options or the ability to search for a specific extension, please". The previous method wasn't great either, as you had to rely on being able to identify extensions by their icons. The custom grouping & searchability provided by SimpleExtManager is a PERFECT solution to this issue. It's already so much more efficient for finding extensions; if we could also use it for launching them, this extension would essentially solve all of the problems caused by the Chrome team's lack of UI/UX design sensibility.
- (2021-07-11, v:1.4.11) it shaman: pin/unpin extension like in chrome default extension manager
Thanks for great extension Could you add feature for pin/unpin extension like in chrome default extension manager? Screen https://prnt.sc/1a7cesp With this feature you extension manager will be best on market. Becouse we have no good UI for to organize extesion in quick acess panel (https://prnt.sc/1a7f09r). Default Chrome feature here https://prnt.sc/1a7cesp is ugly becouse we can't get all extesions in one list with alfabetical order or find what we need by search like in your app. Also I would be happy to pay for this feature
- (2021-06-07, v:1.4.11) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Delete button (trash bin) doesn't work anymore
When I click on the trash can right beside an extension in the extension list, nothing happens.
- (2021-05-26, v:1.4.11) Raegan Hill: Did you do an upgrade? Groups wiped out and G icon gone
Hi, did you just do an upgrade? I logged in and my tediously tailored Groups vanished. Plus, when I try to rebuild them, I used to get a letter G that appeared next to each managed add-on that represented it was in a Group. That's gone. :(
- (2021-05-16, v:1.4.11) Rezwan Haque: Sometimes require more than one click to on/off the extensions
I really like their lightweight nature and icon design compared to "Extensity". But, sometimes require more than one click to on/off the extensions in the panel. Please fix it..I will switch back. Pop-up menu/panel design requires little bit of make-over, if possible. Also, reduce the space between extensions in the panel/make it compact cz it requires more space, therefore, scrolling is must.
- (2021-05-09, v:1.4.11) SONY CHEN: recently enabled
want a list of recently enabled :)
- (2021-05-09, v:1.4.11) SONY CHEN: recently enabled
want a list of recently enabled :)
- (2021-05-07, v:1.4.11) msdn lib: it's the greate plugin for chrome.
it's the greate plugin for chrome. can you add the "pin /unpin on the toolbar" function for item rigth-menu?
- (2021-05-05, v:1.4.11) Rezwan Haque: Sometimes require more than one click to on/off the extensions
I really like their lightweight nature and icon design compared to Extensity. But, sometimes require more than one click to on/off the extensions. Please fix it..I will switch back. Pop-up menu/panel design requires little bit of make-over.
- (2021-05-04, v:1.4.11) Benedict Harris: issue: need to save preferences in the cloud
great extension!!! however it is annoying to have to create new groups everytime chrome automatically updates Your preferences do not survive the update. So there is no point in even bothering with groups
- (2021-04-30, v:1.4.11) Клим Едунов: Dark Theme
Excellent manager. I use the Opera browser, and when I turn on the dark theme, I get a blind list of extensions: https://disk.yandex.ru/i/7E-27uSIpQujGw The green font would look great on a dark background. Please fix it.
- (2021-02-01, v:1.4.11) Jenna Moakley: Unexpected Settings Reset & Missing Groups
The extension didn't work this morning, but by the time it started working, I noticed that my preferences have been reset and now my groups that I created disappeared. What happened?
- (2021-01-01, v:1.4.11) Ryan C: Dark grey icon like before
Can we get a grey icon rather than just the white and red? This changed in a recent version .
- (2020-12-26, v:1.4.11) Thibault de Changy: Show/Hide plugin option
Hi, your plugin becomes a must have for organising all those addons, especially disabling them to gain CPU resource. But in a daily UX perspective I often like to keep some plugins active but simply hidden, accessing them only when needed in the hidden plugins list. Since this list is not organised I thought to ask you this additional value, so here is how to bring this in an easy way : - use only the checkbox to activate/deactivate plugins - use the plugin name to open its dropdown (very useful in some cases) - add a show/hide icon (eye) to add/remove the plugin from the "hidden" list. That's it. Hoping you'll find a bit of time for this. NB: adding a layer of more modern UI would be appreciated by the way (cleaner flat checkboxes, bigger rounded search field..). Regards.
- (2020-11-25, v:1.4.11) Shouin Nelson: Launching Extensions
Thank you for providing your extension for us! Chrome has decided to move ahead with this "jigsaw" extensions menu bar, which is a cumbersome pain in the ass to launch extensions with. I've set your extension with a keyboard shortcut and I can highlight any installed app and launch it with spacebar. Doing the same for an extension disables it. Is it possible include in your extension the ability to launch extensions via the same means, instead of enabling/disabling them? I see that pressing the Enter key seems to do nothing.
- (2020-11-20, v:1.4.11) B S: +Option: Sort the enabled extensions by when they are enabled
Please consider adding an option: Sort the enabled extensions by when they are enabled. Just like the "Recently Disabled" list. Thank you.
- (2020-11-09, v:1.4.10) Samuel Suther: Local Storage export / import
I've switched from Google-Chrome (where I've used your plugin for some years now) to brave (based on chromium). On both, your Plugin work nice. But it would be nicer, if users could export their group-settings which are stored in the "Local-Storage" to reimport it at another browser. Is there a way to archive this ?
- (2020-11-08, v:1.4.10) Derek Shaffer: Icon
The icon switched to "white." I can not even see it anymore. Now all I have is the "alternate icon," which is red and horrid. Anyway, thank you developer, this really has been a great app that's saved me loads of time over the years!!
- (2020-11-04, v:1.4.9) Varun Agrawal: Add toggle to disable dark mode
Like many peoples, I don't like it. Add a toggle for it please.
- (2020-11-04, v:1.4.9) Zhan Arno: Dark / Light mode switch
Add a dark / light mode switch. In the old version of the plugin, I used google chrome dark theme and plugin light theme. It was convenient.
- (2020-11-01, v:1.4.9) Zhan Arno: Change dark mode
Hi. How to change dark mode? http://prntscr.com/vbbj4s
- (2020-09-24, v:1.4.8) Jason Lung: Icon for dark mode
Hi, dark mode is popular nowadays, and SimpleExtManager icon on top-right "extension tray" of Google Chrome is pretty dark, so the dark icon will "blend" into dark mode/dark theme and make it hard to be seen, could you add another icon with light color for dark mode? It would make this already perfect extension even better. Thanks for the great work.
- (2020-09-15, v:1.4.8) Ed Brancheau: Suggestion for SimpleExtManager
I recommend adding a "Disable All" button right next to the "Enable All" button and here's a 40-second video explaining why: https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZCqz5XZIgI0WJRIYHRjniXXMFiYQpBHqpK7
- (2020-07-29, v:1.4.8) Pat: OMGosh!!!!!
I just found out that the developer is no longer doing anything with this Manage Extensions extension. I went to the webpage for the developer because they haven't answered my questions. It doesn't have anything after 2018. So if there is no developer to answer questions and update the extension then it is of no use.
- (2020-07-10, v:1.4.8) Pat: Enabling extensions from SimpleExtManager
I think I just realized that I can't click on an extension from your SimpleExtManager to open the extension in order to use it. Is this true? If so, I don't see the purpose of your extension manager. I am looking for a way to group my extensions and be able to find the one I want easier in groups and then be able to open the extension to use it. I was hoping your extension would allow only your extension on the toolbar, yet we could choose to put other extensions on the toolbar if so desired, and then we click on your extension find the group of extensions I am looking for and click on the one I want to use. But if this doesn't do that I don't see the value in it. I hope I am wrong and just haven't figured out how to open the extension I want to open from your extension.
- (2020-07-10, v:1.4.8) Pat: Newbie: How to only view SimpleExtManager
I've just put my extensions in groups in your SimpleExtManager. How do I get only the SimpleExtManager to sho in my ext toolbar. Lately, I can't move my extensions where I want so I can't even see some extensions in order to use them. I was hoping by installing your extension I would be able to get rid of all the extensions on my toolbar and access the in your extension. But so far there is no change and I cannot even see your extension because it's one of those that are hidden due to my not being able to move my extensions. Thanks!!!
- (2020-06-21, v:1.4.8) Carlo Queirolo: Hi
Hi. I don't understand why my "Save backup file" in my Backup/Import interface is grayed (disabled). (I know for sure that I done a backup in the past because I found a backup file in my archives...) Help me please? Thank you
- (2020-06-19, v:1.4.8) Fuhu Xia: Please allow re-order
please allow custom sorting by drag and drop
- (2020-06-06, v:1.4.8) Santiago Systems: Vivaldi side panel
SimpleExtManager works great with Vivaldi. It would be nice if it could be in a side panel like Opera. If a "show as web page" option was included, it would be very to use the "Add Web Panel" option of the sidebar.
- (2020-05-16, v:1.4.8) junxin wu: how to disable sync enabled or disabled add-on in different pc
I have different pc for different usage, I would like to enable different add-on in different pc, is it possible? Thanks a lot.
- (2020-05-02, v:1.4.8) Андрей Кирин: Hello!
ENG It would be great to make a white outline for the extension icon. Currently in a dark browser theme. the icon is invisible. Thank you)) RU Было бы здорово сделать белую обводку для иконки расширения. Сейчас в темной теме браузера. иконку не видно. Спасибо вам))
- (2020-04-27, v:1.4.8) Lisa Durff: Groups Gone
The chrome extension - all my groups are gone.
- (2020-04-26, v:1.4.8) Abhay tomeR: Extensions hide from toolbar
All the good but After re-enable the group all the extensions is hide from toolbar by default. Please solve this problem.
- (2020-04-12, v:1.4.8) D B: unresponsive extension icon, most of the time
Well, direct left click on the icon is not very responsive, I have not figured out the conditions that do bring the popup window, however the right-click menu always work, and I can bring options in a tab. Could you make a version of the popupwindow from the righ-click menu or have the equivalent in one of the option panels? right now I need to use other extension manager and soon there will be no more use for your extension which otherwise is great. (although I wonder why google did not make an API for tagging extensions, so that group migration from one manager to the next would be easy, including theirs..... This would also make it easy to share across accounts
- (2020-03-26, v:1.4.8) Wize B: Saved Extensions Groups MISSING!? Wth happened!?
I had several saved groups of extensions for years and now the menu is blank! Wth happened? I didn't change any settings or anything. How can I get them back?
- (2020-03-12, v:1.4.8) Ingo Dean: Abandoned extension?
Is this still supported/updated?
- (2020-02-15, v:1.4.8) Zvi Twersky: Toggle group should remember settings
When you have a group with some extension on and some off, I need to be able to toggle OFF that group for testing purposes. When toggling group back ON, it should remember the group settings and only turn on the extensions that I had on in that group. But it doesn't do that. Toggling the group ON will turn on ALL the extensions in that group. Not good.
- (2020-02-11, v:1.4.8) SONY CHEN: Size of menu
want changable size of popup menu!!
- (2020-02-09, v:1.4.8) JLitz88: Is this extension compatible with Firefos
https://www.extensiontest.com/ Firefox has no similar extension but provides a way of testing if a google extension is compatible.
- (2020-02-09, v:1.4.8) JLitz88: Firefox
Firefox has nothing to manage addons How about making this for Firefox
- (2020-02-05, v:1.4.8) 55 Cutiemai: Failure?
Failure? If there are multiple videos in one article, only one video may be saved Windows7 64bit / Chrome
- (2020-02-02, v:1.4.8) 果果: 建议
当扩展比较多时，找到需要的扩展很麻烦（要么通过搜索，要么慢慢找，但是找的过程很容易漏掉） 因此希望增加高度调整功能，可以调整弹出面板的高度，或者调整字号和间距，使得可以同时显示更多的内容，方便查找 如果使用分类功能来把扩展分类实现快速查找的话，分类的过程非常繁琐，而且新的扩展也不能自动跑到“默认”分类里面去，因此希望增加“默认”分类功能，或者可以拖动调整分类类别
- (2020-01-18, v:1.4.8) Diego: Extension Notifications
The best extension manager by a mile, good job!!! BTW, will it be possible to get notifications for all extension state changes such as installations, updates, etc. That will make it the more awesome, thanks!!!
- (2019-12-31, v:1.4.8) Alex Nope: suggestions
hide all / expand all groups, useful because instead of scrolling through you just pick a group, alternatively have groups as tabs
- (2019-12-03, v:1.4.8) ivan petrov: Dark theme
I would like to be able to switch to a dark theme. This is especially not enough at night, so as not to hit the eyes with white.
- (2019-09-18, v:1.4.8) kawa saky: Bigger horizontal window size
If possible, would be pretty useful to have the extension when clicked, instead of having a small window, to extend it to the same size of the chrome window vertical size where it is open. With that, we wouldn't need to scroll to locate extensions and we would be able to see dozens of them in a glance. https://i.imgur.com/JrKSLqY.png
- (2019-09-06, v:1.4.8) Anton Kupre: Reset all interface settings
Hi, why does restarting Chrome reset all interface settings?