Save a complete page into a single HTML file
SingleFile helps you to save a complete page (with CSS, images, etc.) into a single HTML file. New: Save webpages as self-extracting HTML/ZIP hybrid files with SingleFileZ. More info here: - Download page: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/singlefilez/offkdfbbigofcgdokjemgjpdockaafjg - Project on GitHub: https://github.com/gildas-lormeau/SingleFileZ 1) Getting started - Wait until the page is fully loaded. - Click on the SingleFile button in the extension toolbar to save the page. 2) Additional notes - To save multiple tabs, select them first and click on the SingleFile button. - Open the context menu by right-clicking the SingleFile button in the extension toolbar or on the webpage. It allows you to save: * the current tab, * or the selected content, * or the selected frame. - You can also process multiple tabs in one click and save: * the selected tabs, * or the unpinned tabs, * or all the tabs. - You can annotate the page before saving it by selecting "Annotate and save the page..." in the context menu - The context menu also allows you to activate the auto-save of: * the current tab, * or the unpinned tabs, * or all the tabs. - With auto-save active, pages are automatically saved every time after being loaded (or before being unloaded if not). - Right-click on the SingleFile button and select "Options" to open the options page. - The default save folder is the download folder configured in your browser, cf. chrome://settings. - You can use the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+Y to save the current tab or selected tabs. Go to chrome://extensions/shortcuts to change it. 3) More info See the extension help in options page for more detailed information about the options, technical notes and known issues. You can save web pages or convert MAFF files to HTML from the command line interface. See here for more info: https://github.com/gildas-lormeau/SingleFile/blob/master/cli/README.MD and https://github.com/gildas-lormeau/SingleFile/tree/master/maff2html/README.MD. Project on GitHub: https://github.com/gildas-lormeau/SingleFile 4) Troubleshooting unknown issues Please follow these steps if you find an unknown issue: - Reset SingleFile options. - If resetting options did not fix the issue, restart the browser. - If restarting the browser did not fix the issue, try to disable all other extensions to see if there is a conflict. - If there is a conflict then try to determine against which extension(s). - Please report the issue with a short description on how to reproduce it here: https://github.com/gildas-lormeau/SingleFile/issues.. 5) Contributors - Chinese translation done by yfdyh000 (https://github.com/yfdyh000), KrasnayaPloshchad (https://github.com/KrasnayaPloshchad), frostblazergit (https://github.com/frostblazergit) - German translation done by womotroll (https://github.com/womotrol) - Japanese translation done by Shitennouji（四天王寺）(https://github.com/Shitennouji) - Polish translation done by xesarni (https://github.com/xesarni) - Russian translation done by rstp14 (https://github.com/rstp14) - Spanish translation done by strel (https://github.com/strel) Suggestions are welcome :)
- (2020-01-15) Bambang Sutrisno: it's just simply awesome
- (2020-01-13) Haotian Deng: the file name got wrong but it worked well earlier
- (2020-01-13) Velin V: Beautiful indeed. One of my favorite Chrome extensions. Thank you for making it!
- (2020-01-07) Alicia Lee: 很厲害的網頁存檔工具，即使SSR網站也可以轉譯成local html
- (2019-12-18) Pham Long: Good
- (2019-12-09) Bernard Vanderydt: It works better than other extensions I have tried. Notably when saving customs elements added to a google map
- (2019-12-07) Patrick McDowell: Best tool I've used reliably downloading a web page. This tools will save me 100s or hours.
- (2019-12-06) Maolai He: 保存速度比较慢，不能识别网页标题，每次都要手动修改
- (2019-12-05) Heng Liang: 很好用！
- (2019-11-28) Asem Saleh: It doesn't always save the page. And recently with most pages you have to press the save button more than once to save the page.
- (2019-11-27) Price Hale: Excellent! Since Chrome discontinued its support for "save as single mhtml file," I have searched for a replacement but have not been able to find one. This app is better than Chrome's discontinued version. It is very configurable. Saves to single .html file. Allows you to set auto-name options and embed a tag to the saved page with parameters like date, page title, URL, etc.
- (2019-11-24) Andrew Aniston: It's a great extension!!!
- (2019-11-20) Житель мира: раньше работал нормально в яндекс.браузере. Сейчас все сохраняет без заголовков в виде 74d42206-e996-4abd-ad36-16e132e3774e.html
- (2019-11-08) 小技巧PS: 超级棒！！！
- (2019-10-26) 千歳佐奈: 很好用，但不知为何chrome77之后就无法自动命名文件了
- (2019-10-24) 雷雨: 謝謝,非常棒的擴展,把網頁存成html單文件而且也能通用,其他瀏覽器也能打開,感謝開發者.
- (2019-10-19) 回到現在: 非常不错的扩展，一直在用。不过今天程序加载错误，要保存几次才会成功，希望以后越来越好，加油！感谢作者 新版的评论并保存功能很赞!😍
- (2019-09-30) Denis Bykovsky: I can find where this plugin stores files.
- (2019-09-03) Felix Gil: It does not download images from websites that use the format webp. Will there be a fix for this? Otherwise it works great
- (2019-09-01) Apk Emur: It would be much much better if it can remove crufty sidebars from a web page along with ads and distractions and can save cleaned-up, readable view of the page. And please tell me, where is the option to enable / disable auto-update of this extension? I missed it.
- (2019-08-30) Sun Kim: This takes me back to Internet Explorer saving as a single meta-HTML (mhtml) file. This is so much better because it shrinks the HTML code and actually saves it as an HTML file. What a clever and useful extension!
- (2019-08-23) Anon Ymous: could you make a hotkey to close the page after saving it to free up resources? I intend to use this application as an alternative to a feature long time promised [tab serialization](https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2015/09/tab-discarding).
- (2019-08-22) SuperDaveo Bros: It was good, but it can't save SVG images on the page.
- (2019-08-20) M. A J: Bug: The profile selection always revert to default as soon as we exit the options. The custom profiles cannot be applied. Tested on last version Please fix Else, I love it
- (2019-12-28, v:1.14.0) jacques jin: autosave function stop working
Dear developer, Autosave funtion stop working since three days ago. It already works over one month but suddently it does not work since three days ago. Can you please have a check?
- (2019-12-23, v:1.13.31) Alexey Grom: PDF
Would you please make available saving not only to html but to PDF format also. It would be really handy. thanx
- (2019-12-03, v:1.13.28) Kevin Kneupper: file names
My file names suddenly stopped working a few days ago (they show random numbers instead of the url, date etc.). I've tried restarting Chrome, uninstalling and reinstalling. Any ideas? PS your app is extremely helpful and thanks so much for writing it.
- (2019-12-02, v:1.13.28) 吴刚: 请问如何编辑已保存好的、增加过批注的html文件？
请问如何编辑已保存好的、增加过批注的html文件？用的是chrome，选项中的“open pages saved with SingleFile in the annotation editor”也已经勾选，打开文件后，未出现编辑工具，不知如何处理。
- (2019-11-23, v:1.13.14) Gildas Lormeau: Saving multiple tabs in parallel is broken in the last update of Chrome
See the issue here: https://github.com/gildas-lormeau/SingleFile/issues/314#issuecomment-557827856
- (2019-11-08, v:1.12.20) Dan Mitchell: This page cannot be saved with Singlefile
Hello, i get a message saying "This page cannot be saved with Singlefile" when I try and save my file. Is there something that im doing wrong?
- (2019-10-21, v:1.12.12) Golden Eyes: Size Wise
hello developer! .................................... save me please................................................ (https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/distinct)........................................ how can i save this page at the minimum size with the clickable button "More example sentences"......................... What would the best options to turn/off to save this page?................................ normally, SingleFile would save the page less than 800KB................................. FYI, i managed to save this page with the clickable button i mentioned above.......................... but it just adds some text lines though, its like almost 4MB! Holly Molly!...........................
- (2019-10-13, v:1.11.61) 춘배: Knock Knock!
Hey, developer. I have used a single file extension for five years. This extension is one of the 10 best Chrome apps I think. I give you the Nobel Prize for Chrome Extensions. Cheers ~ Always Thank You
- (2019-09-06, v:1.11.37) Golden Eyes: Hello
first of all, thank you so much for this amazing extention. its one of the best extentions i use almost everyday BTW I know there are "remove video sources" and "audio sources" in the settings. yet can you give an option to remove all the image sources as well?
- (2019-08-28, v:1.11.32) Buri Japon: Once I click and save a page, it doesnt work anymore
Once I click and save a page, it doesn't work anymore unless I reload a page. This is ridiculous. Only in Chrome Version 76.0.3809.132 (Official Build) (64-bit). SingleFile 1.11.32
- (2019-08-26, v:1.11.32) Thushantha Perera: not work correct
An error is occurred, please fix it.
- (2019-08-24, v:1.11.32) 回到現在: 同一网页多次保存会出现程序错误
- (2019-08-21, v:1.11.31) Keith Little: singlefile corrupts
I am using singlefile on chrome. I leave my windows laptop on every night. Singlefile is not active and the message I see is 'This extension may have been corrupted' Its been happening for a few weeks. not before that. Suggestions on how to get this to stop corrupting? * This is a great App. Thanks for creating it. Thanks
- (2019-08-20, v:1.11.30) M. A J: profiles don't apply / stick
Bug: The profile selection always revert to default as soon as we exit the options. The custom profiles cannot be applied. Tested on last version Please fix Else, I love it