Read epub files directly in the browser
EPUBReader is a fast and lightweight HTML5 based ebook reader. ✔ Reads ebooks in the EPUB format without DRM ✔ Only reader which opens ebooks directly from websites (right "read and change all your data on the websites you visit" needed) ✔ Only reader which opens ebooks by double-clicking in the file explorer ✔ Opens the ebooks in memory at the location where they are stored. Ebooks open fast, no extra space is required. ✔ Listen to your ebooks by installing the Read Aloud extension via readaloud.app ✔ Available in 24 languages ✔ Works offline ** If you experience any problems, please contact me via my website shown in the "Support" tab. Thanks! **
- (2021-02-26) FatheredPuma81: Reads your browsing history, reads your downloads, reads/alters your site data, janky, UI barely responds, forces you to look at 4+ pages at once (ironically I like this), no page numbers, bottom text is cutoff when Read Aloud, artwork is put in the top left corner of your screen, and artwork doesn't/can't scale.
- (2021-01-19) Logan Quinn: Doesn't work, just shows gray blocks where there should be text. Lameness.
- (2021-01-13) hx huang: 谷歌市场里找到的最好的一个了，虽然高清大图读取慢但至少能打开，电子书的也是唯一一个目前我还没发现格式有问题的
- (2020-12-14) Faheem Ahmad: needs a better Ui based on Edge browser
- (2020-11-20) gamer 001: Superb. After setting epub files to open default with chrome and allowing URL permission....it works like a epub reader. better than those highly rated epub extensions.
- (2020-10-28) Lenny Houtteman: Fonctionne super bien avec le navigateur Brave :)
- (2020-10-27) Lars Pendleton: It's junk and cannot use built in dictionaries
- (2020-10-22) Alexander Medina: Its great! I love the bookmark feature. My extension stopped working :( It tells me "Unfortunately an error occurred downloading the ebook." Has anyone been able to fix this issue? Any help is appreciated, thanks!
- (2020-10-14) Hugo Nicolas: Tout fonctionne bien MAIS ce plugin interfère avec mes NAS de marque QNAP : lorsque l'extension est activée, je ne peux plus afficher la mire de connexion à mon NAS (les champs login et mdp). Idem, sur un autre NAS de marque QNAP, certains menus ne s'affichent plus. J'ai déterminé l'origine du problème en passant en mode privé et en activant un à un les plugins. J'espère qu'il ne s'agit poas d'un problème de sécurité... Du coup, j'ai désinstallé.
- (2020-10-08) Robbie Gray: I mean it works for what it's intended. Just wish you could make it so the toolbar and the white bar at the bottom of the screen were completely removed. Also would prefer it have an option to infinite scroll chapters rather than need to press a key to move on.
- (2020-09-25) asdfasdf asdf: Just tried it out, and it's a great extension. Is there any way to tell how far you progress in a book or what page you are on?
- (2020-09-25) reno yuan: 目前插件市场中最好的了
- (2020-09-08) Tim Parise: Doesn't really work. Downloaded this to view a photo book, and it doesn't even display most of the photos, while the text is a jumbled mess. Also, doesn't even open ebooks at all unless you give it authorization to view everything you do on the web. Useless.
- (2020-09-07) Maarten Meuris: It's a nice plugin, but one thing has bothered me lately: for some reason, html """ symbols are rendered as single quotes, while these should correspond to the double quotes sign. There are no options anywhere in the program to change this behaviour, either. When I look in the epub's html source, it says """, but if I inspect the page where the epub is opened in the reader plugin in my browser, it actually just shows a single quote character. The epub reader has no business replacing such things.
- (2020-09-02) Roumen Trifonov: Very good Epub books reader. Just setup: Site access 🠚 On all sites; Allow access to file URLs. That is all. Then just right click on the Epub book file on your disk and open it in Google Chrome. The best feature is that EpubReader may use Google Chrome automatic language translation. It works really well.
- (2020-08-14) R: Only installed in order to note that this app requires excessive permissions: "read and change all data on every web page you visit" I don't care if this is chrome's broken security model, this thing where apps demand total surveillance must be brought to an end.
- (2020-08-12) Marcus Melber: Layout not readable, if hyperlinks are part of EPUB. Deleted extension.
- (2020-08-09) etadeda: Seems to be a nice reader, you can adjust viewing mode, colors and margin width and even has smooth scrolling with a mouse wheel, so all the essentials are here, but for me the interface breaks down when full screening the view on chrome (F11), which essentially makes this unusable. Leaves a large empty white margin on the bottom of the page where UI symbols used to be. Interface is quite jerky overall.
- (2020-08-01) David Lloyd-Jones: Sometimes it works, usually it doesn't cycling through a routine of asking if I want to save the thing I'm trying to read.
- (2020-07-22) M Sl: magnifique
- (2020-07-16) David Blake: I find that when I click to move to the next page, some text is skipped, then if I click the back arrow, I get the page I was just looking at, but it's laid out all differently, with more text on that page. Also, as others have said, double clicking an ePub file in file explorer does not open it. It just opens chrome and puts the file in the list of downloads down the bottom of the browser window.
- (2020-06-28) Saurabh Gayali: It is a good reader, the only problem is, once you install it and give permission to access files, it open url of epub as well, so now you cannot download them first. afterwards, when it open epub, there is no save as option.
- (2020-04-16) Curtis Gabrielson: Bare-bones reader. Gets the job done. Could use a full text search. Probably the most useful feature for textbooks. This reader also lacks the ability to do more than one bookmark or to jump to a page without using the table of contents.
- (2020-04-11) Doggy Cabbage: can it show picture form of the book because the reading platform is all white, and some books format look weird with it. otherwise good extension.
- (2020-04-10) Jasmine Mok: very useful!! and the layout is very convenient!
- (2020-04-02) Maxaxeman: el traductor es FUNDAMENTAL! muy buena
- (2020-03-28) 楊上慧: 作為epub reader很有用,那個甚麼calibre 4.12更新之後排版簡直見鬼了
- (2020-03-28) Kenneth Kulathilake: Nice and useful extension. Like better than Adobe Digital Edition which seems to freeze more and more now on me.
- (2020-03-07) Tec Dian: CSS styles are totally ignored. Meta information cannot be obtained. Useless.
- (2020-02-28) Trish J: love it as a free web browser. Not sure how it could be done as a web extension with no security issues, the only thing I reckon it needs as a free web based browser is a bookmark option. Opened the same publication a dozen times and had to remember the last page.... but otherwise brilliant non memory hungry extension for Chrome.
- (2020-02-19) Sh0ck Wave: Doesn't open epub files. Useless. Install Calibre and get something that actually works.
- (2020-01-16) Thảo Nguyễn Thu: Good app. I think it's better if I can jump to the page I want
- (2019-10-17) Erwin GoBig: honestly speaking, this is kind rubbish when compared to Neat Reader, it is free and supports almost all the devices. I don't understand why Google show us this when searching for epub reader. Check out this, guys, this is the one you are looking for: www.epubreader.xyz
- (2019-09-12) Dean Vital: It's all well and good. I just wish ebooks had better page numbers or whatever page/place navigation.
- (2019-09-07) Gary Hughes: Tried many epub readers attached to the browser, but take it from me, this is the best. Uncomplicated with a great layout, and in a couple of clicks you’re reading. If anything, I’d like to be able to navigate the text a little better with bookmarks and page numbers, so you know exactly where you are in the book rather than having always to refer to the TOC each time. Still 5 stars, though. Great work developers.
- (2019-08-25) Alexei Zakharov: Books look ugly. Rendered in three-column view. No ability to customize the view. The interface is clunky.
- (2019-08-18) Miguel Herrera: Bravo! It's a great extension, great interface and easy to use. It will most definitely get a lot of use out of me. I tried other readers but they a fell woefully short of be practical or even useful. i highly recommend this extension!
- (2019-08-14) Sumanth Hegde: Does it works @Offline??
- (2019-08-08) wa ga chan: good
- (2019-07-16) Web 2: They only feature that it lacks It's text highlight
- (2019-06-26) Michel GRIGAUT: Parfait ! Seul bémol : la doc dit qu'on peut double-cliquer sur un fichier epub dans l'explorateur mais même après y avoir associé Chrome, il ne fait que le télécharger. Il faut donc passer par la boite de dialogue "Ouvrir" quand on est dans l'application. Rien de grave. Si la doc n'en avait pas parlé, ça ne m'aurait pas géné.
- (2019-05-31) Cosmin Dinu: I have tried a lot of epub readers, but this is the best: fast, customizable (background, view, font-size, bookmarks, etc.).
- (2019-05-11) Andy Semler: The only reader that would open a 200+ Mb file!
- (2019-05-09) ERIKA Schoeps: There are no settings to alter text size. I opened a book with small text size and was unable to read comfortably. I prefer physical reading but prefer computers when I can make settings adjustments. Sadly, this chrome extension does not favor accessibility.
- (2019-05-02) Danu dwi jatmiko: cannot play video
- (2019-04-07) Ricardo Soncini: Es muy útil y muy sencilla de usar, no se necesita instalar ningún programa en la ordenador, se abre desde Chrome y listo. Su único fallo es que no recuerda el punto donde se dejó la lectura, pero aún así cumple su cometido.
- (2019-03-05) Sanskriti Choudhary: awesommmmmmeeeeeee
- (2019-02-01) zero x: it's very good reader, but not very friendly to the eyes for long periods of time it need a dark mode it also need more comfortable format so a person could scroll down as he reads and when he or she gets to the end of the page allow the person to scroll and change to the next page. Allowing to scroll to the next page would allow the reader to focus for longer periods of time without having to click the arrow on the side and lose focus. allowing for different format of reading is something many epub reader have failed to do most epub reader have weird viewing option and fail at this simple task of allowing the reader to just view epub as a single page that can scroll and when you read the end and you scroll to allow one to switch to the next page in a simple action.
- (2019-01-26) Stephanie Jakus: Is there a way to turn off the 'feature' that opens epubs from link instead of downloading them? Removing that option in settings doesn't seem to apply to EPUBreader.
- (2018-12-16) Aljaž Kozina: This is exactly what I've been looking for for a long time and I'm glad to have found it.
- (2021-01-26, v:2.0.12) Katriel Srebnik: Reading Book with Read Aloud
When listening to a book in EPub Reader using a Chrome extension, and Read Aloud extension: If I close the app or need to reboot, will EPub Reader remember where I left off or go back to the beginning of the book? Thank you.
- (2021-01-02, v:2.0.12) Nigelaine Baden-Clay: Downloading ePub
When I try to download ePub, I get this message: "An error has occurred - Download interrupted"
- (2020-12-04, v:2.0.12) John Law: Size
How do I make the EPUB files show as full page? at present they are just in the top left corner.
- (2020-11-28, v:2.0.12) gamer 001: SVG image not loading
When I opened "python-learn.epub" it does not show svg images,,,I also tested using another epub extension that was showing svg properly. I love this extension because of the features it provides, Please fix this ASAP.
- (2020-10-11, v:2.0.12) Snupi si: How to start ????
I tryed to drag-drop the file I woud like to open, But .... I simply do not know how to start.
- (2020-09-23, v:2.0.12) pedro sondermex: no se cómo veo epub en mi computadora (ya instalado en chrome, pero no aparece ningún ícono)
no se cómo veo epub en mi computadora (ya instalado en chrome, pero no aparece ningún ícono)
- (2020-09-13, v:2.0.12) Dylan Ramos: improvement
we need page numbers please
- (2020-08-21, v:2.0.12) Alanny Taveras: Pages
Is there a way I can see what page I'm in? I can't seem to find that option.
- (2020-08-06, v:2.0.12) Lesley Diaz: ReadAloud
Hi! I can't seem to get readaloud to work with the epubs I try to upload. It says failed to get epub document info
- (2020-07-15, v:2.0.12) XQ DD: [Feacture Request] configable hover bottom/top show menu
The bottom and top's border is affecting visual experience a little bit, it would be great that i can turn it off(along with the hover show menu), any way, thanks for so awesome extention!
- (2020-07-15, v:2.0.12) XQ DD: 【建议】可配置关闭鼠标悬浮上下边框显示工具栏的功能
- (2020-07-01, v:2.0.12) Waverly Winters: Dark/Night mode
Please add a button to quickly switch between day and night mode. Night mode can have black/gray background with white text.
- (2020-06-30, v:2.0.12) Earl Abury: about using footnotes
When a book contains footnotes (or cross-references) and such is selected... how does one return to the page-paragraph-sentence where that footnote originated? i.e. without resorting to using the ToC and navigating back again to that footnote... Thanks!