Read epub files directly in the browser
EPUBReader is a fast and lightweight HTML5 based ebook reader. ✔ Reads ebooks in the EPUB format without DRM ✔ Only reader which opens ebooks directly from websites (right "read and change all your data on the websites you visit" needed) ✔ Only reader which opens ebooks by double-clicking in the file explorer ✔ Opens the ebooks in memory at the location where they are stored. Ebooks open fast, no extra space is required. ✔ Listen to your ebooks by installing the Read Aloud extension via readaloud.app ✔ Available in 24 languages ✔ Works offline ** If you experience any problems, please contact me via my website shown in the "Support" tab. Thanks! **
- (2022-12-23) Evgeniy Gromov: 书签咋用啊！！
- (2022-12-19) Mika Peltokorpi: Rasterized (scanned) boor rendering like I had 20/200 vision while Ebook readers in Android handle similar ebooks with no issues. Ergonomics better than those in Android phones, though (added one star for it).
- (2022-12-06) Mæló: All in all a good EPUB reader that has definitely saved me a couple of times during my essay writing. Customization options are nice, the settings allow you to read by scrolling down or to the sides which is a huge plus and while it was tricky to figure out how to open EPUB books from my downloads into the app it seems to be doable.
- (2022-11-03) LEA JANNEY: It says 'The file is not a valid epub file.' but the file can be opened from other app
- (2022-10-05) juan BV: no me aparece nada
- (2022-07-09) Priya Malhotra: One of the best epub reader I have found. It's ok if we open epub files in browser. We don't need heavy softwares in windows 10 or 11. It beats them too. The only thing missing is looking for words in dictionary. Still I don't complain that much becaue the extension opens epub files smoothly without any problems. It opens epub files stored on our computer with double-clicking it. Only you need to give the permission in settings for "Allow access to file URL links". Then you are good to go. I tried few other extensions but they don't open files which are locally stored. I will give all 5 stars to this extension. Use it. You won't complain it. Thank you developer for producing such a beautiful app.
- (2022-06-15) KIN sLayEr: how do i use book mark? i saved the bookmark. how do i load the save?
- (2022-06-14) Marco António: - Stretches images on some Epubs, when other extensions aren't doing that to those same files. - Doesn't read the mouse wheel to turn pages in 2022. - I removed it at this point. Just found the EpubPup extension.
- (2022-06-14) Benard Macharia: EPUB only works on my chrome when it wants to. Worst experience ever.
- (2022-06-13) Kurito Kenshutsu: easy to use, had a great experience with it.
- (2022-03-16) Daniel Bolef: The reader works, but it replaced characters with different characters (eg. " became ').
- (2022-03-02) Long Chen: very good!
- (2022-02-16) An-Najmus Saqib: It sucks
- (2022-01-21) Digvendra Singh Tomar: It's a very good extension with lot of amazing features.
- (2021-11-24) Greg Xu: Some quick customizations to make the ebooks look great: Background color RGB: 249, 242, 229 Font color RGB: 85, 54, 31 Margin width : 13 px Column width: 150nm
- (2021-09-23) Monis Syed: Very Good
- (2021-09-12) Àngel Guimerà: Finally a usable epub reader
- (2021-09-09) James Stevenson: Loved it, works great for every Epub I have found, I especially enjoy the customization that it offers which the other application I tried did not, with this, I was able to make a comfortable dark mode that also read from top down. There are a few issues and suggestions that I have though, I'll start with the issue; when opening an Epub file, sometimes a giant white bar appears at the bottom in fullscreen, fear not though, as I have found that the bar does not appear if I opened the link/downloaded the file whilst in fullscreen mode, I have not found out why this happens or how to fix it without opening the original link. I also have a few suggestions, perhaps when changing the settings/theme, also change the theme of the settings tab, as it hurts my eyes whenever I open the settings after using my dark mode theme. I also suggest that you add even more customizability, perhaps add the ability to use a custom background image, lastly, I suggest that you add an import/export theme bar so that the cool themes of others may be used or you can save the ones you have already created. I would gladly pay two-three dollars for a premium app if you make these changes.
- (2021-08-27) Cristian Trujillo: Funciona bien es el mejor que he encontrado para navegador. me deja traducir como si fuera una pagina y puedo cambiar el tamaño de las letras. esta bien
- (2021-08-20) Jonathan Joewono: The UI is just painful to work with, can't scroll, small buttons, overall terrible user experience.
- (2021-07-23) Qwerty Kotchka: Can't get it to open any files, it just downloads the file even if I'm trying to open a file that is already on my hard drive
- (2021-07-16) prod gatsu: Don't be lazy - go into the settings and set up everything to your liking. It's a great reader
- (2021-06-01) Сергей: Лучшее расширение для Crome
- (2021-05-11) tom tulinsky: No Search. No highlighting. No adding notes. (as far as I can tell. Let me know if I haven't found them.)
- (2021-04-16) Howard B: To the plus: The EpubReader gives a better display than other readers I have tried. To the minus: When I download a file that has an extension of .epub, the file is automatically opened by epubreader. But the file is not saved in the Downloads directory. When I close epubreader to get it out of the way, no copy of the .epub file has been saved on my computer. Please add an option to temporarily disable automatic opening of epub files.
- (2021-04-13) Vuppala Sathwik: Due to this idiotic extension I lost my money I made a purchase through manning and I can use the bought product link to download only once and when I clicked my epub format ebook link all of a sudden this extesion took action and as server of this extension was busy I lost my ebook as I had only one chance to download now I lost 30 usd which is the book worth WORST EXTENSION EVER
- (2021-03-23) Федор Ворохов: Can't even open anything.
- (2021-03-04) Tim Weng: False advertisement, doesn't open ebooks from file explorer
- (2021-02-26) FatheredPuma81: Reads your browsing history, reads your downloads, reads/alters your site data, janky, UI barely responds, forces you to look at 4+ pages at once (ironically I like this), no page numbers, bottom text is cutoff when Read Aloud, artwork is put in the top left corner of your screen, and artwork doesn't/can't scale.
- (2021-01-19) Logan Quinn: Doesn't work, just shows gray blocks where there should be text. Lameness.
- (2021-01-13) hx huang: 谷歌市场里找到的最好的一个了，虽然高清大图读取慢但至少能打开，电子书的也是唯一一个目前我还没发现格式有问题的
- (2020-12-14) Faheem Ahmad: needs a better Ui based on Edge browser
- (2020-11-20) gamer 001: Superb. After setting epub files to open default with chrome and allowing URL permission....it works like a epub reader. better than those highly rated epub extensions.
- (2020-10-28) Lenny Houtteman: Fonctionne super bien avec le navigateur Brave :)
- (2020-10-27) Matt Lassen: It's junk and cannot use built in dictionaries
- (2020-10-22) Alexander Medina: Its great! I love the bookmark feature. My extension stopped working :( It tells me "Unfortunately an error occurred downloading the ebook." Has anyone been able to fix this issue? Any help is appreciated, thanks!
- (2020-10-14) Hugo Nicolas: Tout fonctionne bien MAIS ce plugin interfère avec mes NAS de marque QNAP : lorsque l'extension est activée, je ne peux plus afficher la mire de connexion à mon NAS (les champs login et mdp). Idem, sur un autre NAS de marque QNAP, certains menus ne s'affichent plus. J'ai déterminé l'origine du problème en passant en mode privé et en activant un à un les plugins. J'espère qu'il ne s'agit poas d'un problème de sécurité... Du coup, j'ai désinstallé.
- (2020-10-08) Robbie Gray: I mean it works for what it's intended. Just wish you could make it so the toolbar and the white bar at the bottom of the screen were completely removed. Also would prefer it have an option to infinite scroll chapters rather than need to press a key to move on.
- (2020-09-25) asdfasdf asdf: Just tried it out, and it's a great extension. Is there any way to tell how far you progress in a book or what page you are on?
- (2020-09-25) reno yuan: 目前插件市场中最好的了
- (2020-09-08) Tim Parise: Doesn't really work. Downloaded this to view a photo book, and it doesn't even display most of the photos, while the text is a jumbled mess. Also, doesn't even open ebooks at all unless you give it authorization to view everything you do on the web. Useless.
- (2020-09-07) Maarten Meuris: It's a nice plugin, but one thing has bothered me lately: for some reason, html """ symbols are rendered as single quotes, while these should correspond to the double quotes sign. There are no options anywhere in the program to change this behaviour, either. When I look in the epub's html source, it says """, but if I inspect the page where the epub is opened in the reader plugin in my browser, it actually just shows a single quote character. The epub reader has no business replacing such things.
- (2020-09-02) Roumen Trifonov: Very good Epub books reader. Just setup: Site access 🠚 On all sites; Allow access to file URLs. That is all. Then just right click on the Epub book file on your disk and open it in Google Chrome. The best feature is that EpubReader may use Google Chrome automatic language translation. It works really well.
- (2020-08-14) R: Only installed in order to note that this app requires excessive permissions: "read and change all data on every web page you visit" I don't care if this is chrome's broken security model, this thing where apps demand total surveillance must be brought to an end.
- (2020-08-12) Marcus Melber: Layout not readable, if hyperlinks are part of EPUB. Deleted extension.
- (2020-08-09) etadeda: Seems to be a nice reader, you can adjust viewing mode, colors and margin width and even has smooth scrolling with a mouse wheel, so all the essentials are here, but for me the interface breaks down when full screening the view on chrome (F11), which essentially makes this unusable. Leaves a large empty white margin on the bottom of the page where UI symbols used to be. Interface is quite jerky overall.
- (2020-08-01) David Lloyd-Jones: Sometimes it works, usually it doesn't cycling through a routine of asking if I want to save the thing I'm trying to read.
- (2020-07-22) M Sl: magnifique
- (2020-07-16) David Blake: I find that when I click to move to the next page, some text is skipped, then if I click the back arrow, I get the page I was just looking at, but it's laid out all differently, with more text on that page. Also, as others have said, double clicking an ePub file in file explorer does not open it. It just opens chrome and puts the file in the list of downloads down the bottom of the browser window.
- (2020-06-28) Saurabh Gayali: It is a good reader, the only problem is, once you install it and give permission to access files, it open url of epub as well, so now you cannot download them first. afterwards, when it open epub, there is no save as option.
- (2022-11-07, v:2.0.12) Ginger Alms: epub not opening
I keep trying to open an epub, and I get this message, "You already have the same or a newer version of this publication." I cannot find this publication on my computer anywhere, and this is the latest version. What can I do? I am not sure how you will answer my question. My email is [email protected]
- (2022-07-03, v:2.0.12) Vardan Kostandyan: Переводчики
Можно ли как-то сделать, чтобы онлайн переводчики работали прямо на странице этого расширения? Спасибо
- (2022-06-28, v:2.0.12) David Null: epub reader
app does not open epub file. instead chrome gives me a list of irrelevant app to choose from to open epub app does not appear in list of apps accessed by left circle although installed Version 69.0.3497.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2022-06-16, v:2.0.12) S Black: Cover not shown
Lately this doesn't display the cover page anymore. Everything else works fine, but the cover is a blank page.
- (2022-06-15, v:2.0.12) KIN sLayEr: Bookmark
How do i use bookmark? I saved the bookmark. how do i load the saved? also if i closed the book window, do i have to find the book in the folder again and find the page where i left?
- (2022-06-14, v:2.0.12) Benard Macharia: Not Working
EPUB only working when it wants to. Worst experience ever.
- (2022-04-12, v:2.0.12) Stephanie C: Progress Bar
Is there a way to show the progress bar percent or a page number? I proofread epub files, and while the reading options are perfect, when I note errors for the publishing company, I need some way to tell them where the error is located.
- (2022-03-16, v:2.0.12) Louie Campbell: Problem With Chapters In a Book
The reader has worked well for me with many books from Gutenberg ebooks. However, EBook #57185 in the EPUB format does not allow navigating to chapters from the Table of Contents. It does not appear to be the fault of Gutenberg since the PC Reader Book Bazaar Reader can navigate. correctly. My version is a bit over a year old; maybe there's a newer version with a correction.
- (2022-03-03, v:2.0.12) wahid majeed: ePUB format reader
hello i could not open the ePUB format file, in chrome browser can you please guide me, if i am following the wrong procedure or steps
- (2022-02-24, v:2.0.12) Nora Frey: Installing epubreader
how to install? where is the install button?
- (2022-02-05, v:2.0.12) David Spector: Fails to open .epub file
My local webserver maps addresses like http://localhost/file.html correctly. However, after installing this epub reader, opening http://localhost/f.epub opens f.epub in another epub reader, not this chrome extension. The same happens in explorer. In other words, this extension fails to override an existing registry command for .epub .
- (2022-02-05, v:2.0.12) David Spector: Does not read an .epub file clicked in Explorer
Does not read an .epub file clicked in Explorer. Chrome Version 98.0.4758.81 (Official Build) (64-bit), Windows 10 Home.
- (2021-04-17, v:2.0.12) Geoffrey Firman: epubreader for chrome. The program cuts the bottom of the pages. how do I change the page length.
epubreader for chrome. The program cuts the bottom of the pages. how do I change the page length.
- (2021-03-30, v:2.0.12) Me.KO.U: Not working correctly
i have been trying to open my school textbook for an hour but its not opening anything, i click open folder and nothing happens. what is going on, i was using it fine and it was working until last week, this seriously needs some updating
- (2021-03-17, v:2.0.12) Melissa Moorman: Only page one is accessible
Is there a setting I'm missing? I can only see page one of what I know to be a 116 page book. Thanks!
- (2021-01-26, v:2.0.12) Katriel Srebnik: Reading Book with Read Aloud
When listening to a book in EPub Reader using a Chrome extension, and Read Aloud extension: If I close the app or need to reboot, will EPub Reader remember where I left off or go back to the beginning of the book? Thank you.
- (2021-01-02, v:2.0.12) Nigelaine Baden-Clay: Downloading ePub
When I try to download ePub, I get this message: "An error has occurred - Download interrupted"
- (2020-12-04, v:2.0.12) John Law: Size
How do I make the EPUB files show as full page? at present they are just in the top left corner.
- (2020-11-28, v:2.0.12) gamer 001: SVG image not loading
When I opened "python-learn.epub" it does not show svg images,,,I also tested using another epub extension that was showing svg properly. I love this extension because of the features it provides, Please fix this ASAP.
- (2020-10-11, v:2.0.12) Snupi si: How to start ????
I tryed to drag-drop the file I woud like to open, But .... I simply do not know how to start.
- (2020-09-23, v:2.0.12) pedro sondermex: no se cómo veo epub en mi computadora (ya instalado en chrome, pero no aparece ningún ícono)
no se cómo veo epub en mi computadora (ya instalado en chrome, pero no aparece ningún ícono)
- (2020-09-13, v:2.0.12) Dylan Ramos: improvement
we need page numbers please
- (2020-08-21, v:2.0.12) Alanny Taveras: Pages
Is there a way I can see what page I'm in? I can't seem to find that option.
- (2020-08-06, v:2.0.12) Lesley Diaz: ReadAloud
Hi! I can't seem to get readaloud to work with the epubs I try to upload. It says failed to get epub document info
- (2020-07-15, v:2.0.12) XQ DD: [Feacture Request] configable hover bottom/top show menu
The bottom and top's border is affecting visual experience a little bit, it would be great that i can turn it off(along with the hover show menu), any way, thanks for so awesome extention!
- (2020-07-15, v:2.0.12) XQ DD: 【建议】可配置关闭鼠标悬浮上下边框显示工具栏的功能
- (2020-07-01, v:2.0.12) Waverly Winters: Dark/Night mode
Please add a button to quickly switch between day and night mode. Night mode can have black/gray background with white text.
- (2020-06-30, v:2.0.12) Earl Abury: about using footnotes
When a book contains footnotes (or cross-references) and such is selected... how does one return to the page-paragraph-sentence where that footnote originated? i.e. without resorting to using the ToC and navigating back again to that footnote... Thanks!