Opens all PDF files directly in the browser.
While most PDF files can be viewed directly in the browser some PDFs will trigger a "Save as"-dialog or will be downloaded automatically. This addon views all PDF files directly in the browser. You can still save the PDF by pressing CTRL+S (or CMD+S) after viewing them. Some web servers are misconfigured and don't tell the browser that a file is a PDF. In this case the file will still be downloaded even when this addon is active. If you encounter a PDF that is downloaded feel free to send the URL to the support email address so I can check if this it's a bug in the addon or just a server issue.
- (2020-04-14) Brutalní Nikita: the only one which works :-)
- (2019-11-11) Sir Lancelot Link: I tried 2-3 other extensions that provided this functionality, but the printed output was too light. This extension doesn't have that issue. So... yay! :-)
- (2019-09-05) Phil Brown: Just wonderful. My downloads folder is littered with PDFs that I didn't want to actually download. Now I can just click PDF links and read them.
- (2019-04-02) Élisson Góis Gallas: Igual a algumas outras, mas esta parece visualmente mais fácil de mexer. Gostaria de habilitar a opção de abrir em nova guia em alguns sites. Daria 5 estrelas se houvesse essa opção.
- (2019-03-31) Sam B. Leonard: Works perfectly, the only issue is that, when I want to actually download a PDF file (let's say from gmail) I have to disable the extension. Would be great if it had on/off switch
- (2018-06-20) Iooon: 0 issues
- (2020-01-27, v:1.0.6) Andrey Konev: Gmail preview
This extension prevents pdfs from being downloaded from GMail's pdf previews using download button :(
- (2019-06-13, v:1.0.6) Tim Baverstock: Could you make it possible to add more MIME types to this?
I'm no so fussed about PDFs, but Chrome insists on downloading .mp4s that it's quite capable of playing when I drag the downloaded file directly into the window: it seems this would be a useful generalisation.
- (2019-03-14, v:1.0.5) Matthew Lynn: Still downloading pdf
https://www.dot.state.tx.us/insdtdot/orgchart/cmd/cserve/standard/rdwylse.htm For some reason Chrome is still downloading the pdf but microsoft edge doesn't. Please let me know your findings