Opens all PDF files directly in the browser.
While most PDF files can be viewed directly in the browser some PDFs will trigger a "Save as"-dialog or will be downloaded automatically. This addon views all PDF files directly in the browser. You can still save the PDF by pressing CTRL+S (or CMD+S) after viewing them. Some web servers are misconfigured and don't tell the browser that a file is a PDF. In this case the file will still be downloaded even when this addon is active. If you encounter a PDF that is downloaded feel free to send the URL to the support email address so I can check if this it's a bug in the addon or just a server issue.
- (2021-10-11) Syllas: Não resolveu o problema do Brave: os PDFs continuam sendo baixados para ser abertos.
- (2021-06-30) Jorge Díaz: Works perfectly, and in case you don't want to open the file you just have to right click and select "Save link as..."
- (2021-05-19) Nicolai Weitkemper: Unfortunately, this does not seem to work on GitHub. All I get is ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT.
- (2021-04-09) Martin Georgiew: Actually works, no problems at all so far, thanks so much
- (2021-02-09) Richard Cepas: It works but it also breaks all special download buttons like for Gmail attachments. And there is no way to whitelist individual sites or pages, so I had to disable the whole extension.
- (2020-12-20) Damien B: This has been an occasional annoyance for years. Thanks for fixing it!
- (2020-04-14) Brutalní Nikita: the only one which works :-)
- (2019-11-11) Sir Lancelot Link: I tried 2-3 other extensions that provided this functionality, but the printed output was too light. This extension doesn't have that issue. So... yay! :-)
- (2019-09-05) Phil Brown: Just wonderful. My downloads folder is littered with PDFs that I didn't want to actually download. Now I can just click PDF links and read them.
- (2019-04-02) Élisson Góis Gallas: Igual a algumas outras, mas esta parece visualmente mais fácil de mexer. Gostaria de habilitar a opção de abrir em nova guia em alguns sites. Daria 5 estrelas se houvesse essa opção.
- (2019-03-31) Sam B. Leonard: Works perfectly, the only issue is that, when I want to actually download a PDF file (let's say from gmail) I have to disable the extension. Would be great if it had on/off switch
- (2018-06-20) Iooon: 0 issues
- (2021-02-04, v:1.0.6) Peter Nußreiner: black list feature for special URLs
there are a few pages I don't want the extension to be enabled. Always switching the mode to 'click on it' is pretty annoying
- (2021-02-04, v:1.0.6) Peter Nußreiner: Certain links no working with extension enabled
Many links on these pages used to work with the extension until a few days ago. Now it only works in firefox, in Chromium it does not anymore. Try the links on the following site: https://latex4ei.de/ https://raw.githubusercontent.com/latex4ei/Algorithmen-und-Datenstrukturen/gh-pages/AuD.pdf https://raw.githubusercontent.com/latex4ei/Analysis-1/gh-pages/Analysis-1.pdf This does not trigger a download, the site is just not reachable with the extension enabled.
- (2021-01-13, v:1.0.6) Eva L.: Google Drive error
Active extension prevents pdf files in Google Drive from downloading. "Can't download file. To download this file, try enabling third-party cookies for Drive"
- (2020-01-27, v:1.0.6) Andrey Konev: Gmail preview
This extension prevents pdfs from being downloaded from GMail's pdf previews using download button :(
- (2019-06-13, v:1.0.6) Tim Baverstock: Could you make it possible to add more MIME types to this?
I'm no so fussed about PDFs, but Chrome insists on downloading .mp4s that it's quite capable of playing when I drag the downloaded file directly into the window: it seems this would be a useful generalisation.
- (2019-03-14, v:1.0.5) Matthew Lynn: Still downloading pdf
https://www.dot.state.tx.us/insdtdot/orgchart/cmd/cserve/standard/rdwylse.htm For some reason Chrome is still downloading the pdf but microsoft edge doesn't. Please let me know your findings