Uses HTML5 to display PDF files directly in the browser.
PDF.js is a Portable Document Format (PDF) viewer that is built with HTML5. PDF.js is community-driven and supported by Mozilla Labs. Our goal is to create a general-purpose, web standards-based platform for parsing and rendering PDFs. This extension provides PDF.js as the default PDF viewer in Chrome. If you want to use this viewer to view local files, visit chrome://extensions/?id=oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm and put a check before "Allow access to file URLs". Please report any issues at https://github.com/mozilla/pdf.js/issues Don't have a Github account? I also accept feedback at [email protected] Known issue: PDF files generated via a form (POST request) cannot be viewed. Contains opt-out telemetry since version 1.5.285, see https://github.com/Rob--W/pdfjs-telemetry#privacy-policy
- (2021-10-06) Phan Anh Nguyen: Great Actually replace the default Chrome PDF viewer Include an option to resume reading PDF files where left off.
- (2021-09-01) McKey McCrae: I do love the extension but, I wish you could block certain websites from using it instead of allowing certain ones. I have a far shorter list of sites I don't want to use the extension on and it would be easier to just block those
- (2021-07-14) Marino Zaccaro: ottimo
- (2021-07-08) Expendeduría No 6 Los Palacios y Villafranca: Buenísimo te abre los PDF en una pestaña de Chrome, no he encontrado otro.
- (2021-07-04) Cédric: Nice ! It works fine in latest version of Chrome and it is fast.
- (2021-07-02) shuai xu: Very Good "Alt + left arrow" to return to last location
- (2021-06-28) 。。: 支持
- (2021-06-24) Cesare Maio: great extension, I've been using it for more than 1 year and it's now essential to me. Better than any free pdf reader around
- (2021-06-14) Minhaj SixByte: a nice firefox product
- (2021-06-08) Anthony: This fixed the weird low fps/lag I was having when I scroll through pdfs.
- (2021-05-10) Adrià Vilanova Martínez: Love it! I would appreciate an update to update the underlying PDF.js library, though ;)
- (2021-04-19) Lagado GT: O único que permiti ver pdf sem precisar baixar
- (2021-04-10) 林泰三: chromeでPDFを開くと埋め込まれてない日本語フォントが尽く江戸勘亭流で表示され非常に見づらかったのですが、ゴシックっぽい文字で表示できるようになって非常に助かっています！
- (2021-04-09) V B: top, ça ouvre les pdf depuis jupyter notebook, ce qui est pile ce qui me fallait vu que microsoft edge a décidé de bloquer le localhost à tout jamais ...
- (2021-03-26) Julio Caubín: Funciona correctamente y es mas completo que el visor de PDFs de chrome, recomendable. Solo hecho en falta poder ver los datos de firma cuando son pdfs firmados
- (2021-03-09) Zaid chaudhary: Best for reading books, if you add highlighting option for making notes it will be much helpful.
- (2021-02-24) Alam Jim: Has been using for many years. After reinstalling Google, I understood how valuable it was.. Google's default PDF viewer is fine, but this is much faster and also has many features. Just a advice, please add a feature for highlighting texts.
- (2021-02-14) Tushar Pandey: beats the default viewer in performance easily
- (2021-02-06) Volodymyr Rodin: Very helpful extension, default pdf reader in chrome doesn't have capability to return or bookmark position in opened files
- (2021-02-01) Yasin Yarar: Funktioniert einwandfrei
- (2021-01-29) Lê Phúc Khang: ok good!
- (2021-01-26) Jürgen: Funktioiert, wie es soll. TOP!
- (2021-01-18) Gjorgji Kjosev: Don't be put off by the low ratings. Its better than the built in viewer - certainly a LOT smoother, especially when scrolling. Covers all the basics that the built in viewer does too, plus has a presentation mode. It successfully automatically intercepts most PDFs I open and takes over from the default viewer, which is exactly what I want.
- (2020-12-25) Helloworld Itisme: Great, you can use it with screen readers
- (2020-12-11) jose torres: es que nse como se usa quien me ayuda
- (2020-12-09) Olivier Marsilius: Thanks, the default PDF reader in Chromium sucks, it's laggy for big PDF files even without pcitures. Now scrolling is much smoother it's far better ! It's even better than in Firefox (setting page width default zoom level is very useful)
- (2020-12-09) Satvik Agarwal: Used it for the search option which the default viewer doesn't offer
- (2020-11-20) Candice Chen: Very good
- (2020-11-17) Hello Humans: What is the shortcut to toggle sidebar .
- (2020-11-12) Md. Abdullah Al-Alamin: It works but lacks a lot essential features
- (2020-11-11) Milhovitch Michael: Very practical extension with many more functions than the default one. I also set Chrome as default PDF app, so all PDFs are opened with PDF Viewer.
- (2020-11-10) Omar Elmahdy: The best feature is not needing to download every PDF I want to open.
- (2020-11-04) Juan Carlos Lledó Benlloch: Ya no se me descargan todos los pdfs. Ahora, gracias a esta extensión puedo verlos y después descargarlos!!!! Me encanta!
- (2020-11-01) Poli Zei: working pretty well, much better than the default viewer
- (2020-10-29) Vic Kanis: works great
- (2020-10-27) Mike Ng: 广州地铁电子发票的发票章无法显示出来，用其他工具正常
- (2020-10-24) Naomi Watson: nice extension of pdf but if have change the pdf background color function will be perfect
- (2020-10-15) くんリード: Doesn't open my file if its directory has some spaces (e.g., C:\Users\A(space)B\Documents\C(space)D.pdf). Please fix this ASAP!
- (2020-10-11) Keith West: Great simple pdf reader. Hunted around all afternoon to find a simple one that worked!
- (2020-09-27) leticia medina: no me deja ver los PDF
- (2020-09-22) Simplificando_FX: Único que funcionou.
- (2020-09-18) Bryan Moffit: Allows you to set your default viewing preferences. This is pretty awesome for those of us that *always* want "Page Fit" and "Odd Spread" for viewing documents on a large screen. No need to change the view each time.
- (2020-09-16) Tia Addina: Very useful extension. Thanks for making it. My only gripe is that when I want to print a page or page range, it will "prepare the document for printing" and it does this for the entire document. This isn't practical for, say, books that contain 500+ pages: It just takes too long. Would appreciate having an option to select a page or page range first and then have the extension prepare only those pages of the document for printing. Thanks!
- (2020-09-10) Ankur Sharma: I had liked this in terms of a pdf viewer. However, it has a major flaw that will cause certain video players on sites to not function properly. I guess I will have to find a different one.
- (2020-08-27) Jackeline Carmo: Muito bom! Meu problema foi resolvido.
- (2020-08-04) Joseph Gonzalez: Works better than the chromebook default pdf viewer. But when I set this to be enabled in incognito, whenever I "x"ed out of an incognito webpage, my chromebook would chrash and restart.
- (2020-07-29) John Chea: Great add on but the "Apago PDF Enhancer" is annoying and distracting
- (2020-07-20) Henry Febryan: Kata abang DJ.MaL Tuhan SPRING nya DUNIA ke 3
- (2020-06-29) agus hernawanto: suka
- (2020-06-25) Ag Medic: 必秒Adobe Acrobat
- (2021-10-04, v:2.3.164) Rishav Masih: Git Hub Repo
Hey, i really loved your PDF Viewer extension. I want to do something similar for a project. Is there a github repo for the same?? If so can I get a link to it. Thank you.
- (2021-09-23, v:2.3.164) Shane Burke: Chrome Package
Could we get a copy of the package so we can perform a scan Afternoon, We are looking to leverage your chrome ext but we need to get the codebase scanned. Is there a way to get a copy from you so we can submit it for our Security scanning platform?
- (2021-08-27, v:2.3.164) Line CHAILLOY: Page blanche
le fichier téléchargé ouvre une page blanche
- (2021-08-11, v:2.3.164) Paul Proefrock: Printing freezes
PDF displays in window OK, downloads OK, but if I try to print it, a dialog box opens which states "Preparing Document for Printing with progress bar and 0%" at which point the program just freezes. Tried removing App & Chrome and reinstalling but issue persists. Tried setting different printers as default, cleared all cache's, temp files, etc but still does it. Up until a couple weeks ago, it worked just fine. Ideas?
- (2021-07-30, v:2.3.164) Terry McCaskey: White pages
Within the last 2 days, some PDF files load as a blank white page. Some are loading completely fine. It seems to be only one type of PDF, because it happens consistently when the PDF is from one source, but not another. Like I said, it just started happening from this source within the last 2 days which makes me think something has changed, like an update. Any help would be appreciated.
- (2021-07-26, v:2.3.164) Saad Rehman: Doesn't allow me to highlight or any other kind of annotations to the document
Is it by design?
- (2021-07-26, v:2.3.164) Daniele Cristiano: Barcode417 don't show
After last update of Google Chrome version 92.0.4515.107 (Official Build) (64-bit) Firefox 90.0.1 (64-bit) Barcode417s are not displayed inside the pdf file.
- (2021-07-14, v:2.3.164) scott uch: unable to read headder
when i tried to to open some file not all the headder is not showing
- (2021-07-14, v:2.3.164) Jorge Infante: About to extent the pdf viewer with another tools
What is the method to add a buttons? I can't see where is the code of pdf.js builtin in the browser. Thanks
- (2021-07-07, v:2.3.164) Hiroshi Oliveira: Digital signature with certificate
Hello there! I got a issues when my pdf was sign using a digital certificate, the extension do not show the signature. When i open this PDF outside the Chrome with Adobe (as exemple) show correct signature. The PDF writer of Chrome show too, but i got a bug with that im my app Thx!
- (2021-06-28, v:2.3.164) Diana Koenraadt: Does nothing??
Hey, I've seen good reviews of your extension but when I install it it does nothing. It just sits there in the upper right corner and if I click it I'm sent to the play store. How do I turn the page I'm viewing into a PDF?
- (2021-06-08, v:2.3.164) Lonnie Kleinsasser: Zooming
So i am struggling to make the conversion to Google Chrome from Internet Explorer. i currently have this app on the computer for viewing .PDF's. However, a feature that Internet Explorer has that i can't get away from is using the mouse wheel to zoom in on the .PDF without having to hold down the control key. Then the left mouse button, if you push and hold it down, it pans around in the .PDF. is there a setting that i can switch the wheel to zoom instead of scrolling up? Thanks!
- (2021-06-01, v:2.3.164) Pete Coletti: Save spread mode per tab?
Could you add the ability to save spread mode per tab?
- (2021-05-02, v:2.3.164) Ervin Moczni: Übersetzung / Google translator
Die komplexe PDF Dokumente werden nicht übersetzt: außer Titel wird der Text auf der Originalsprache angezeigt !
- (2021-04-01, v:2.3.164) Darryl Neufeld: Additional Functionality
Any way to create an email button. So when I preview the document, I can select to email it straight away from the preview screen?
- (2021-04-01, v:2.3.164) Clinton Magro: After some time not opening a PDF it looses the page you were at
I am honestly a happy user of this extension however I do want to point out that the only reason why I use it is because it saves the "scroll state" but when I open a PDF which I haven't opened in a week or two... and the page is lost, then I have no need for this extension! It gives you a wrong sense of security - thinking you could rely on it to save the page but its not ... Please please please fix it
- (2021-03-31, v:2.3.164) Kerry Coleman: Printing from E mail or saved from E mail
When Printing from e mail I get a notice in the picture area that says: Google Chrome cannot show the print preview when the built-in PDF viewer is missing. Why? and what do I need to do to fix this problem. This has only been doing this for the last 3 weeks, before then it worked fine. Thanks
- (2021-03-12, v:2.3.164) Lynette Nolland Hammond: Help
I have Lost all my info for Google help please
- (2021-03-09, v:2.3.164) Zaid chaudhary: Please add highlighting Option
if you add highlighting option for pdfs, it will be helpful for making notes.
- (2021-03-06, v:2.3.164) Freezeee Y: Update need
Dosent work in Chrome ver 89.0.4
- (2021-01-02, v:2.3.164) سینا حسن زاده: Not working at start up
Hello, I've encountered a problem while trying to use the app. here is the problem : when I open pdf file by explorer (by double clicking the file ) as chrome is set to default app it opens pdf with built in pdf viewer but it opens with pdf.js after reloading or running at least a chrome tab before opening the file Thankss for great app
- (2020-11-22, v:2.3.164) Ehsan Ghanbari: Last page reminder!
Hi, is it a bug or a limitation that the extension reminds a limited number of PDF you have opened!? the extension opens some files from the begging after a while that you open some other files, I think it has a limitation
- (2020-11-15, v:2.3.164) Danny Shintag: Is this extension still maintained
Hi Rob, hope you're well. Even though the Github repository at https://github.com/mozilla/pdf.js/ is being updated continuously, this extension was last updated in September 2019. Has this extension been abandoned? Thx.
- (2020-11-12, v:2.3.164) Pradeep Kumar: PP
- (2020-11-05, v:2.3.164) Robin Groenevelt: Possible to access images in html instead of them baked into a canvas?
I developed an image recognition Chrome extension that scans images on websites and match these against a database a images (to provide additional information on artworks and for tracking purposes). Is it somehow possible to access the images in the PDFs? They always seem to be baked into a canvas making them inaccessible image recognition. Any ideas?
- (2020-10-12, v:2.3.164) Phil T: Cannot open
Cannot open in Chrome but can in Firefox??
- (2020-10-06, v:2.3.164) Lonnie Kleinsasser: zooming
is there a way to change the function of the mouse wheel to strictly be zooming in and out? without having to hold down the control button?
- (2020-09-08, v:2.3.164) David Smith: ADA Compliance
Does this viewer fully represent all of the ADA required behavior that we build into our pdfs for screen readers?
- (2020-08-28, v:2.3.164) UTKARSH WALDE: downloading pdf
when i click download pdf on a website ....instead of downloading the pdf document directly to computer and opening it in pdf viewer....it is previewing it first in pdf viewer..then i have to click on download pdf button again when previewed in pdf viewer to download on my computer..what should i do to download pdf directly from internet rather than previewing it in pdf viewer chrome extension?
- (2020-08-25, v:2.3.164) KING VIN: drug
- (2020-08-25, v:2.3.164) KING VIN: drug
- (2020-08-25, v:2.3.164) KING VIN: drug
- (2020-08-25, v:2.3.164) KING VIN: drug
- (2020-08-25, v:2.3.164) KING VIN: pharmacist
adverse effect of drug
- (2020-08-20, v:2.3.164) Shivam Parihar: unable to resolve proble,
unable to open file after adding this extension
- (2020-08-19, v:2.3.164) Joseph Gonzalez: Is there a way to hide the top bar?
wanted to hide the top bar
- (2020-08-13, v:2.3.164) Adam Clymo: Downloading PDF
Hi, Is there a way to make it so that the PDF doesn't download to the default download folder and lets you have the option of selecting a download folder for each file? This is the only thing stopping me from using this extension.
- (2020-06-26, v:2.3.164) Malay Dey: PDF viewer
option will be available of PDF Viewer
- (2020-06-25, v:2.3.164) giovanni lorenzini: window.close()
- (2020-06-24, v:2.3.164) Donald Rhee: Trying to print automatically when opened
Hello! I am just wondering it seems to want to automatically print the pdf everytime one is opened and the print dialog opens up. After cancelling then I am able to save it or view it. is this a normal function and can it be disabled? Thank you!
- (2020-06-08, v:2.3.164) David Shields: Doesnt wait for download before trying to display the pdf.
chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/https://help.k2.com/files/streamfile?dltoken=1591649841533 Can you please fix urgently. This is a GREAT Tool!
- (2020-06-07, v:2.3.164) OTAVIO SANTANA: I miss the writing (like Web Paint) feature in presentation mode
The extension is excellent. I just missed resources to write over the pdf in presentation mode, like the LuminPDF features, with different types of pens and colors. In my opinion, this would make the PDF Viewer extension far superior to anything I've seen available for this type of feature in Chrome. Can we expect this resource in the future? Or is there any other extension that works with PDF Viewer for this purpose? (I've tried the "Web Paint" extension, but it does not work integrated with PDF Viewer.) Thanks in advance.
- (2020-05-28, v:2.3.164) Stefane Guevremont: Outlook on the web download button on PDF files does not work correctly.
Using Outlook on the web, for a single PDF file, the download button triggers PDF Viewer and opens the PDF file instead of downloading it.
- (2020-05-26, v:2.3.164) Michel Plungjan: PDF viewer Version 2.3.164 does not set referer (in iframe)
Hi, It seems that the PDF viewer extension does not set the referer, at least not in an iFrame. Is that a feature or a bug and can it be changed to allow a referer default and to switch it off if it is a feature?
- (2020-05-19, v:2.3.164) Postkasten T: When I click on a PDF it opens in default Chrome PDF viewer. How can I fix this?
Cannot figure it out how to open PDF files in browser.
- (2020-05-11, v:2.3.164) Hisano Tomoyuki: Abode PDF
disable under Chrome PDF viewer and click Enable under Adobe PDF
- (2020-04-14, v:2.3.164) Anne Bessero: docs PDF
Impossible d'ouvrir ou de télécharger les documents transmis sous .pdf!!! Quelle est la solution??? Merci
- (2020-04-03, v:2.3.164) Abdul Wahab Raad: unknown encryption method
Hello, when trying to open a PDF file I got this error: unknown encryption method. Any solution please? Thank you :)
- (2020-03-31, v:2.3.164) Lloyd Brian Upton: .pdf Files
I have tried everything and can view and print .pdf files but I can not save or change to format to .pdf. I have the extensions & have played with the setting and still can not save a .pdf file from service companies.
- (2020-03-31, v:2.3.164) Lloyd Brian Upton: PDF Files
I can not safe .pdf files I can open and see and print but can not save. I have tried to set up extensions and have played with same to no resolve. Also have tried several sites with the same result. What I am not doing.