Record, edit and share GIFs, videos and screenshots of a selected area in Chrome.
📷 Screenshots | 📹 GIFs | 🎥 Videos (WebM format) ✔️ Why use Chrome Capture • Selected area screenshots and recordings. • Full tab screenshots and recordings. • Full page screenshots. • Save recordings as GIF or WebM files. • Edit recordings and screenshots in our simple to use editor. • Share recordings and screenshots with ease. • Constant updates and improvements to become the best Chrome GIF screen recorder & screenshot extension! 👩🔧 Some user cases: • Communicate better with your team by creating and sharing a short GIF or WebM. • Record snip-its of videos on YouTube and other sites into GIFs or WebMs to share on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. • Capture visual information which can't be demonstrated with an image. • Record GIF of your screen to show how to fill out a website form. • Record and attach a GIF to Jira/Trello to show how to reproduce a bug. • Amazingly quick annotated screenshots to get a point across to a friend or colleague. • Everyone loves a good animated GIF, now create your own! 🏃🏾 Shortcuts • Alt + c: open Chrome Capture snipping/cropping tool. • Alt + s: take a screenshot. • Alt + Shift + s: take a full page screenshot (beta). • Alt + r: start/stop recording. • Esc: close Chrome Capture snipping tool. • You may need to configure these in chrome://extensions/shortcuts. • Shortcuts make fullscreen capture much easier! ✂️ Cropping tool • Capture exactly what you want with an intuitive cropping tool. • Interactive with the web page while recording. • Select, move, resize, snap. • Right click to snap to element/website area e.g. video, image, text. • Shift + right click for multiple elements 🖊️ Edit • Add text. • Draw arrows. • Free hand draw. • Speed up/slow down recordings. • Resize, move, rotate, annotations. • Zoom in and out. • Change recording and screenshot resolution. • Add a range of SVG icons to screenshots and recordings. • Frame editing. • More coming soon.. 🚀 Share • Download. • Copy images to clipboard (right click -> copy). • Open in browser. ❌ Not supported • GIFs are not intended for long recordings - use WEBMs for this! • No sound recording - yet.. • Chrome extensions do not work in the Chrome web store. • High frame rate long recordings are memory and CPU intensive. 👍 Free 👍 • Unlimited screenshots. • Unlimited recordings as GIFs or WEBms - 10 sec limit each one. • Unlimited full page screenshots. • Add, resize, rotate, zoom - text, arrows, free hand drawing. • Customise your resolution and FPS - Up to 10 frames per second. • Frame editing for recordings. • Download, copy, open. • No watermark. ⭐ Premium ⭐ • Unlimited recording time. • Up to 20 Frames per second. • Draw on screen while recording. • Change editing color and font. • Edit playback speed - fast motion and slow motion. • Add boomerang effect to recordings. • And much more! • One time fee of $5.99 USD. ❔ Having trouble using this 1. Start Chrome Capture by left clicking the Chrome Capture icon. 2. Select an area of the screen using the crop tool. 3. Adjust settings to your preference by clicking the settings icon. 4. Click the camera icon to take a screenshot of the selected area or click the video icon to start recording the selected are (click again to stop recording). 5. Close the crop tool. 6. Watch the YouTube video to see it all in action - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYmvbSzAY5k 😊 Help us make this product better - log detailed bugs and feature requests in the Support section. 🤙 Help us out by sharing with friends/family, giving a rating or purchasing premium. 🎤 If you made it this far tell me what new features you would like next: • GIF size optimisation. ✔️ - completed • Ability to add icons and shapes in the editor e.g. moustache, speech bubble, etc. ✔️ - completed • Ability to edit individual or certain frames. ✔️ - completed • Sound for WebMs. 👼 Permissions explained: • activeTab: required to insert cropping tool overlay into the current tab so an area can be selected record/capture. • storage: required to store user settings. • tabCapture: required to capture/record tabs to turn to screenshots, GIFs or video. • contextMenus: required to add context menu (right click) options for many different ways to capture. • notifications: required to display a silent notification when fullscreen capture starts as it is not very obvious without it. Completely anonymous usage stats are collected using Google Analytics to help improve the product. See 'How Google uses data when you use our partners sites or apps' (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/). No screenshots or recordings leave your computer - your privacy matters to us! Last 5 updates: 2.8.2 Attempt some SEO and marketing improvements. 2.8.2 Remove background permission. Fix small misc issues. 2.8.1 Remove in built right click for editor captures as it gives the option to save which will save at a low quality and was causing users confusion. Now a custom menu will show giving the users the option to save or copy the capture. Add editor icon to copy images to clipboard which will work on Chrome version 96 and above. Improve quality of edits when applying to final capture. 2.8.0 Add context menu and notifications permissions - Context menu was added so capture options can be used without shortcuts (fullscreen recording, fullwebpage screenshot). - Notification was added to show a silent notification when fullscreen recording starts. Add premium option to indicate click with an animation. Add option to change cursor, drawing and click animation sizes. Fix many issues with full web page screenshots. Change extension icon color when user is in dark mode. Change extension icon to indicate when recording or taking a screenshot. Implement cursor, drawing and click animation options for fullscreen recording. Add link to shortcuts page from options. Many more minor improvements. 2.7.2 Implemented beta full web page screenshots using Alt + Shift + S
- (2020-07-29) Jackie Barnes: So glad I was able to watch the video to explain all the features.
- (2020-07-22) Pxtience plxyzzz: Lovely! AMAZING ACTUALY <333 WOAHHHH
- (2020-07-21) Matthew Gilligan: Great app, simple does what I want :)
- (2020-07-16) Azima jesy: Best
- (2020-07-07) BluePanther3000: I wanted to snap the entire webpage. When I found the function, the resulting image was such poor quality, I could only delete it and find another extension. Perhaps I didn't choose the right option? But the image should save in decent quality automatically. Very disappointed.
- (2020-07-05) Estêvão Terci da Silva: Excelente. Permite a criação rápida de GIFs que facilitam na confecção de tutorias. Aliado ao Google Docs, você pode gerar o GIF com uma demosntração de determinado procedimento e colar no seu documento. Muito legal.
- (2020-07-03) هاني فؤاد شهاب الدين: ممتازه سهله خفيفه سريعه قوية
- (2020-06-25) shishir kaji shrestha: The extention saves huge file eventhough i clicked the optimize button.
- (2020-06-23) Bert Stevens: Doesn't work well for GIF capture of a screen.
- (2020-04-13) Yılmaz ÇAKMAKÇI: Really good extension but when i'm trying to record select(html tag) , it doesn't look properly. Options seem too below.
- (2020-04-04) Luke Iannucci: I used the free version. There are no ads or watermarks. The keyboard shortcuts worked for me on Chrome OS 80, and you can actually customize them (or turn them on or off) at chrome://extensions/shortcuts, as the developer mentions. The editing tools are a great bonus feature if you just need to tack on text or complete another basic task. UI is clean and easy to use. Settings for recording are somewhat limited, but an upgrade to Premium is inexpensive at 5.99 USD one-time payment. Overall, this extension has great value.
- (2020-03-31) Mathias Leroy: It's pretty good, The only thing that makes it unusable is the big black border, making the "start recording" button unreachable at the bottom of the screen. Thinner borders + keyboard shortcuts could solve that.
- (2020-03-26) Anthony Burke: Works exactly as intended. I'll continue to use it :)
- (2020-03-25) Bowen Tao: nice👍
- (2020-02-29) zuhuh MOG: Tried many gif capture plugins, just found this one is even worse than those free plugins. I even cannot control the webpage when capturing it. Other free plugins can allow controlling the webpage and provide higher fps and quality gif output. So, why using this plugin?
- (2020-02-19) Orion Gamel: 里面的声音选项为啥不能用
- (2020-02-15) gianna borelly: The extension is really easy to use, and the quality isn't the best, but I still prefer this over the other ones I have found!
- (2020-01-16) Cati Lucian: cool
- (2020-01-14) Joyce Sarno: this is just the perfect tool! it saves me so much time.
- (2020-01-12) Cecil McGee: Just downloaded this 15 minutes ago. its already cut the length of my work research by at least 5 minutes. Using it for GDD research and citation. Taking screenshots of pics and having them already cropped is amazing. I can also see myself taking screenshots of text when format doesn't matter. Juts as ann example: When I just need to credit others work from creative commons by name and type of license.
- (2020-01-04) 谭润鹏: 终于找到一款有用的
- (2019-12-26) Mike Villeneuve: It was ok but for some reason it won't save anymore.
- (2019-12-06) Mark Sandeno: Wanted this to work but doesn't for me. 1. Installed the app 2. Use the cursor to define the screen area for capture 3. Clicked the movie camera icon 4. Nothing happened 5. Refreshed the page, nothing happened after trying steps 1-4 again. 6. Clicked around a bunch more and tried a variety of things to make it work, nothing happened. 7. Wrote this review.
- (2019-11-29) Jackie Barnes: Super handy tool I use almost everyday!
- (2019-11-28) Lucas Frecia: Great extencion for chrome screenshots and 10 sec gifs, I now use it daily.
- (2020-07-27, v:2.8.2) Person TF: can't pay via PayPal
Purchase tab only shows credit cards as payment methods. Doesn't show Paypal that I already had named as my payment method in Google Play.
- (2020-07-15, v:2.8.1) Albert Lee: When Chromebook is in tablet mode, screenshots are taken of the incorrect part of the page
I have a Pixelbook whose screen can be rotated in tablet mode. When I try to use Chrome Capture to take a screenshot in tablet mode, the captured image has the correct dimensions but is offset both vertically and horizontally from the selected part of the page. Part of the black frame for the selection is visible in the screenshot.
- (2020-06-17, v:2.7.2) Evan Saboo: License details
Hi, what are the license details on this extension?
- (2020-05-25, v:2.7.1) Elisa B: Cannot to create a GIF or a VIDEO.
Bonjour, I Impossible de créer un GIF ou une VIDEO. Je suis sur le Chromebook Asus C300MA. Le clic gauche me force à faire une sélection et rien d'autre. Dès que je veux aller à un autre endroit sur une page ça arrête tout, et j'ai une capture blanche. Pourquoi n'y a-t-il pas de MENU pour choisir si vous voulez capturer un Gif ou une vidéo ?? Ce serait vraiment plus pratique. De plus, la taille des lignes ou des textes ne s'applique pas. Tout reste très GRAND. Comment se faire rembourser si ça ne marche pas? Merci pour vos réponses. ****************** Hello, Cannot to create a GIF or a VIDEO. I'm on the Asus C300MA Chromebook. Left clicking forces me to make a selection and nothing else. As soon as I want to go to another place on a page it stops everything, and I have a white capture. Why is there no MENU to choose if you want to capture a Gif or a video? It would be really more practical. In addition, the size of lines or texts does not apply. Everything remains very BIG. How to get reimbursed if it doesn't work? Thank you for your answers.
- (2020-04-29, v:2.6.2) Andrea Doimo: Limit access only to specific sites
For privacy reasons, many extensions now have the option to enable it only on specific sites. I can't find the option on this extension.
- (2020-04-29, v:2.5.5) BK Pitti Kumar: Awesome product.
- (2020-04-01, v:2.5.4) G C: Transparent Highlights
Hello, I have purchased this product, I do like it very much! I had a question, how much one make the highlight tool transparent so the text can show underneath it? Additionally can there be a tool to allow straight lines to be drawn?
- (2020-03-20, v:2.5.3) Rick Hutson: just how does this work.any time i click on the app it just goes to the Chrome store -where is the howto??
how does it work
- (2020-03-17, v:2.5.3) Jonthue Michel: Purchase
How do I upgrade from free?
- (2020-01-13, v:2.5.3) Sébastien Léger: Clicking anywhere on the page stops GIF recording
If I click on a link or anywhere on the page, it stops the recording. It there a limitation or something I missing in the documentation?
- (2019-12-23, v:2.5.3) Tyson Smith: GIF save animation is spinning
Hey, 1. I'm not able to save a GIF video https://www.screencast.com/t/RFKFf2EiU0At. It is stuck on saving animation and file never appears. 2. It uses 100% of my CPU which is pretty extreme. I have an i5 8th gen with 16GB of ram WIN 10 with latest version of Chrome. Is this typical? Thanks much
- (2019-12-13, v:2.5.2) Yucong Wang: Ibuy it mistakely May i get a refund
Ibuy it mistakely May i get a refund?
- (2019-12-01, v:2.5.2) Psython: I'm trying to buy your product
Hey there! I think you have a nice product here as far as I can tell, although I'm quite limited with it. The reason I downloaded it was to be able to screen capture gifs and slow them down, but I have to pay $6 for that -- which is understandable, albeit a bit much. I recommend giving a free trial though, but on to the problem. When I try to slow it down, it pops up telling me I have to purchase. I would like to purchase it, but when I click "purchase", nothing happens. Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see a purchase option anywhere else that will work. How can I fix this/purchase your product? Thanks!
- (2019-11-05, v:2.5.2) Team Yuvo: border
can you provide to quickly put in borders for the screenshots and gifs, and border color options?
- (2019-10-29, v:2.5.2) Chris Sanders: Want the mouse pointer to be displayed in GIF
Is that possible?
- (2019-10-14, v:2.5.2) Crystal Waters: refund
Hi, I got the premium version so I could download gifs if a higher framerate, but I'm on al old computer so doing that just slows down the video playback and the gifs come out choppy anyway. I was hoping I might be able to get a refund?
- (2019-10-14, v:2.5.2) Shiran Juttla: keeps crashing
hi, I've just purchased it so i could record longer and it's not working - it wont export my saving, it keeps crashing.
- (2019-10-11, v:2.5.2) I Design Websites: Extension Icon
Hello, now that there is an official Google dark theme for Chrome https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/just-black/aghfnjkcakhmadgdomlmlhhaocbkloab could you please update the extension icon colour as it is virtually invisible against the dark theme background colour. I think that there is quite a big group of people preferring dark themes in general (for system, apps, websites) so I think updating the icon would be a worthwhile change. Thank you in advance!
- (2019-10-01, v:2.5.0) Kenny C: Premium, offline version
My corporate policy prevents me from signing into Google - is there a way to buy the premium extension as-is, without signing in to Chrome?
- (2019-09-30, v:2.5.0) Dennis Bauszus: Version 2.5 bug
Only the first second of about 8 frames is shown since upgrading to version 2.5 today. The webm or gif is still of the correct size depending on the length of the capture but only the first few frames play back.
- (2019-09-21, v:2.4.2) Josh McCracken: Text issue/Refund
I purchased the premium features, but I'm having issues when it comes to adding/editing text. I like the product, but it's just not going to work for me right now. I tried to follow the web store's instructions on getting a refund, but the button isn't there.
- (2019-09-19, v:2.4.2) Jolanta Florian: Is this extension web based, local or both?
When working on confidential and sensitive projects, I need to ensure I am not using anything web based. Are any images or videos stored on the web or is everything this extension captures local to my hard drive? Thank you, I'm loving the extension so far!
- (2019-09-10, v:2.4.2) Megan Seling: Cancel payment
Hello -- I just purchased the premium version of the Chrome Capture app, but it isn't working. Whenever a new website loads, the gif stops recording. I need something that can record across multiple page loads. I tried to cancel via Google (I'm still in the 30 minute window), but that option doesn't seem to be working. Can you please cancel my purchase? Thanks, Megan