Capture & edit screenshots, GIFs & videos of a selected area in Chrome.
📷 Screenshots | 📹 GIFs | 🎥 Videos (WebM format) ✂️ Cropping tool • Only capture exactly what you want with an intuitive cropping tool. • Select, move, resize, snap. • Right click to snap to element/website area e.g. video, image, text. 🖊️ Edit • Add text. • Draw arrows. • Free hand draw. • Speed up/slow down recordings. • Resize, move, rotate, annotations. • Zoom in and out. • Change recording and screenshot resolution. • Add a range of SVG icons to screenshots and recordings. • More coming soon.. 🚀 Share • Download. • Copy images to clipboard (right click -> copy). • Open in browser. 🏃🏾 Shortcuts • Alt + c: open Chrome Capture. • Alt + s: take a screenshot of the selected area. • Alt + r: start/stop recording. • Esc: close Chrome Capture. • You may need to configure these in chrome://extensions/shortcuts. ✔️ Why use Chrome Capture • Selected area screenshots and recordings. • Communicate better with your team by creating and sending a short GIF or WebM. • Record snip-its of videos on YouTube and other sites into GIFs or WebMs to share. • Capture visual information which can't be demonstrated with an image. • Record how to fill out a website form. • Amazingly quick annotated screenshots! • Everyone loves a good animated GIF, now create your own! ❌ Not supported • Not intended as a full screen video recorder. • GIFs are not intended for long recordings - use WEBMs for this! • No sound recording - yet.. • Chrome extensions do not work in the Chrome web store. • High frame rate long recordings are memory and CPU intensive. 👍 Free 👍 • Unlimited screenshots. • Unlimited recordings as GIFs or WEBms - 10 sec limit each one. • Add, resize, rotate, zoom - text, arrows, free hand drawing. • Customise your resolution and FPS - Up to 10 frames per second. • Download, copy, open. • No watermark. ⭐ Premium ⭐ • Unlimited recording time. • Up to 20 Frames per second. • Draw on screen while recording. • Change editing color and font. • Edit playback speed - fast motion and slow motion. • One time fee of $5.99 USD. ❔ Having trouble using this 1. Start Chrome Capture by clicking the Chrome Capture icon. 2. Select a region of the screen using the crop tool. 3. Adjust settings to your preference by clicking the settings icon. 4. Click the camera icon to take a screenshot of the selected region or click the video icon to start recording the selected region (click again to stop recording). 5. Close the crop tool. 😊 Help us make this product better - log detailed bugs and feature requests in the Support section. 🤙 Help us out by sharing with friends/family, giving a rating or purchasing premium. 🎤 If you made it this far tell me what new features you would like next: • GIF size optimisation. • Sound for WebMs. • Ability to add icons and shapes in the editor e.g. moustache, speech bubble, etc. • Ability to edit individual or certain frames. Change log: 1.4.1: Critical bug fix for usage with Chrome 57. 2.0.0: Completely rewritten and redesigned app. 2.1.0: Bug fixes and UI updates. 2.1.1: Snap to element on right click of overlay. Allow users to capture closer to browser edges on top and bottom. 2.1.2: Added German language support Small improvements 2.1.3: Implemented drawing when holding down the ctrl key - this needs to be enabled in settings 2.2.0 Bug fixes and general improvements Added language support for Chinese Added escape key shortcut to close Chrome Capture Added experimental recorder please provide any feedback or bugs on using this (Change in settings) Improved drawing performance on YouTube and certain sites 2.2.1 Experimental record bug fixes Changes to Options page UI Implemented Google Analytics to help improve the product - See 'How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps", (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/) 2.2.2 Bug fixes, misc improvements 2.3.0 Added recording and screenshot editor! Added pop up to request review after certain amount of use (hopefully this doesn't annoy anyone) Added free options to change frame rate Bug fixes and misc improvements 2.3.1 Added arrow tool Added pro tips Bug fixes and misc improvements 2.3.2 Fix critical bug in experimental recorder with new chrome update 2.4.0 Bug fixes Added dialog when saving recordings to select output format, type name, change size, optimise size and view estimated GIF size 2.4.1 Implement shift right click to snap to multiple elements Add some basic touch device support (needs to be tested) Implemented support for adding material svg icons to captures in the editor 2.4.2 Bug fixes and improvements 2.5.0 Bug fixes and improvements Added frame selector to enable deleting individual frames Added premium feature to add and remove boomerang effect to gifs and videos 2.5.1 Fixed critical bug for Chrome version 77 where only the first 10 frames of recordings would work correctly when using recording logic "performant" 2.5.2 Set Recording logic to "Slow" by default as "Performant" bug from 2.5.0 is still happening for some people. 2.5.3 Added another recording logic "Experimental" this uses similar logic to "Performant" and fixes the bug which recording stops at 2sec bug but takes longer than "Performant"
- (2020-01-16) Cati Lucian: cool
- (2020-01-14) Joyce Sarno: this is just the perfect tool! it saves me so much time.
- (2020-01-12) Cecil McGee: Just downloaded this 15 minutes ago. its already cut the length of my work research by at least 5 minutes. Using it for GDD research and citation. Taking screenshots of pics and having them already cropped is amazing. I can also see myself taking screenshots of text when format doesn't matter. Juts as ann example: When I just need to credit others work from creative commons by name and type of license.
- (2020-01-04) 谭润鹏: 终于找到一款有用的
- (2019-12-26) Mike Villeneuve: It was ok but for some reason it won't save anymore.
- (2019-12-06) Mark Sandeno: Wanted this to work but doesn't for me. 1. Installed the app 2. Use the cursor to define the screen area for capture 3. Clicked the movie camera icon 4. Nothing happened 5. Refreshed the page, nothing happened after trying steps 1-4 again. 6. Clicked around a bunch more and tried a variety of things to make it work, nothing happened. 7. Wrote this review.
- (2019-11-29) Jackie Barnes: Super handy tool I use almost everyday!
- (2019-11-28) Lucas Frecia: Great extencion for chrome screenshots and 10 sec gifs, I now use it daily.
- (2019-11-12) Sonal Savaratkar: Very lovely, excellent. It reduced my headache to ZERO. Thank you.
- (2019-11-06) DARKEST WINTER: me resulta muy util en las capturas en mi trabajo. y cuando quiero explicar algo puedo capturar como GIFS, lo recomiendo ampliamente
- (2019-10-30) Trek Perez: Me funciona de maravilla!
- (2019-10-25) 趣多多: 好用！很方便
- (2019-10-17) Lucas Frecia: Works great, only thing that is disappointing is video can not be longer than 10 seconds.
- (2019-10-08) Abhimanyu Pallavi Sudhir: Seems kind of buggy -- file just doesn't open after recording is finished.
- (2019-10-07) clyde grey: There appears to be no way to actually save the gif. There are four icons: image capture, start/stop recording, options, and close. None of these will download the gif.
- (2019-09-26) Mehmet Özcan: I use the tool to capture some videos and create .gif out of it. It's practical but has a big weakness. Quality of the colors reduces too bad.
- (2019-09-16) katie c: Love this extension however, I'm not sure why my cursor appears HUGE? Would purchase premium if it wasn't for this. It's a shame because it's exactly what I'm looking for!!!
- (2019-08-30) Vivek Kapoor: Its awesome extension, can you add feature at the time of creating frame it will maintain aspect ratio
- (2019-08-09) Lover CN: 完美，非常完美
- (2019-08-08) Melanie Löff-Bird: Hi! Love the extension but is there a way to change the shortcut? It is the same shortcut that is used to add a cedilla to c (ç) and I use it regularly when typing in Portuguese. Help!
- (2019-07-01) Or Schiro: Working great to create GIFs. Thanks!
- (2019-06-27) James And Flav Community Page: I love this app. I make alot of screenshots and gifs and honestly, this app is so easy to use and helpful. I don' t know where I'd be without it.
- (2019-06-13) Dale Anderson: Great! PLEASE ADD A WAY TO TRIM GIF LENGTH
- (2019-06-08) Yannik Schwieger: Poor quality and too many "premium" options .. not worth anything
- (2019-06-05) Some One: Worse work with gif and so so with picture.
- (2020-01-13, v:2.5.3) Sébastien Léger: Clicking anywhere on the page stops GIF recording
If I click on a link or anywhere on the page, it stops the recording. It there a limitation or something I missing in the documentation?
- (2019-12-23, v:2.5.3) Tyson Smith: GIF save animation is spinning
Hey, 1. I'm not able to save a GIF video https://www.screencast.com/t/RFKFf2EiU0At. It is stuck on saving animation and file never appears. 2. It uses 100% of my CPU which is pretty extreme. I have an i5 8th gen with 16GB of ram WIN 10 with latest version of Chrome. Is this typical? Thanks much
- (2019-12-13, v:2.5.2) Yucong Wang: Ibuy it mistakely May i get a refund
Ibuy it mistakely May i get a refund?
- (2019-12-01, v:2.5.2) Psython: I'm trying to buy your product
Hey there! I think you have a nice product here as far as I can tell, although I'm quite limited with it. The reason I downloaded it was to be able to screen capture gifs and slow them down, but I have to pay $6 for that -- which is understandable, albeit a bit much. I recommend giving a free trial though, but on to the problem. When I try to slow it down, it pops up telling me I have to purchase. I would like to purchase it, but when I click "purchase", nothing happens. Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see a purchase option anywhere else that will work. How can I fix this/purchase your product? Thanks!
- (2019-11-05, v:2.5.2) Team Yuvo: border
can you provide to quickly put in borders for the screenshots and gifs, and border color options?
- (2019-10-29, v:2.5.2) Chris Sanders: Want the mouse pointer to be displayed in GIF
Is that possible?
- (2019-10-14, v:2.5.2) Crystal Waters: refund
Hi, I got the premium version so I could download gifs if a higher framerate, but I'm on al old computer so doing that just slows down the video playback and the gifs come out choppy anyway. I was hoping I might be able to get a refund?
- (2019-10-14, v:2.5.2) Shiran Juttla: keeps crashing
hi, I've just purchased it so i could record longer and it's not working - it wont export my saving, it keeps crashing.
- (2019-10-11, v:2.5.2) I Design Websites: Extension Icon
Hello, now that there is an official Google dark theme for Chrome https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/just-black/aghfnjkcakhmadgdomlmlhhaocbkloab could you please update the extension icon colour as it is virtually invisible against the dark theme background colour. I think that there is quite a big group of people preferring dark themes in general (for system, apps, websites) so I think updating the icon would be a worthwhile change. Thank you in advance!
- (2019-10-01, v:2.5.0) Kenny C: Premium, offline version
My corporate policy prevents me from signing into Google - is there a way to buy the premium extension as-is, without signing in to Chrome?
- (2019-09-30, v:2.5.0) Dennis Bauszus: Version 2.5 bug
Only the first second of about 8 frames is shown since upgrading to version 2.5 today. The webm or gif is still of the correct size depending on the length of the capture but only the first few frames play back.
- (2019-09-21, v:2.4.2) Josh McCracken: Text issue/Refund
I purchased the premium features, but I'm having issues when it comes to adding/editing text. I like the product, but it's just not going to work for me right now. I tried to follow the web store's instructions on getting a refund, but the button isn't there.
- (2019-09-19, v:2.4.2) Jolanta Florian: Is this extension web based, local or both?
When working on confidential and sensitive projects, I need to ensure I am not using anything web based. Are any images or videos stored on the web or is everything this extension captures local to my hard drive? Thank you, I'm loving the extension so far!
- (2019-09-10, v:2.4.2) Megan Seling: Cancel payment
Hello -- I just purchased the premium version of the Chrome Capture app, but it isn't working. Whenever a new website loads, the gif stops recording. I need something that can record across multiple page loads. I tried to cancel via Google (I'm still in the 30 minute window), but that option doesn't seem to be working. Can you please cancel my purchase? Thanks, Megan